• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
Is Groudon giant? If so I'd pick him. I like that he can learn Thunder/Solar Beam :awesome:

post it here a fartn Spartan, and welcome to Smashboards!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I came here to post a roster that was well-received on GameFAQs, but I wanted a 2nd opinion here. Do I just post it like I am this message or do I make a new thread?
No, you're in the right place. Just post it like a regular message. Also, welcome. :bee:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Suicune could work, but it's not giant in any way. It could have some ice slippery effects. And dat Aurora Beam....

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Arcues? Nawh dude. Don't think that would do. Or any gaint legendaries for the mather.

We'll eat your soul later...

Anyways, seriously, I gtg. But if I come back to another Impa VS Shiek discussion, I might rage a tiny, tiny, TIIIINY bit.

EDIT:

It'd be kinda cool to play as Suicune. Picture spam >:]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ohh no, I was reffering to Impa :awesome: . Do I HAVE to choose a giant legendary though...? I'd say Groudon then. Mostly cause of Pokémon Ruby, but he'd work best I feel. If not for the insane size that even the biggest version of Ridley would be jealous of...

Edit: if adding Ghirahim, why have Sheik? I cannot phantom why she is assumed to stay so much.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ohh no, I was reffering to Impa :awesome: . Do I HAVE to choose a giant legendary though...? I'd say Groudon then. Mostly cause of Pokémon Ruby, but he'd work best I feel. If not for the insane size that even the biggest version of Ridley would be jealous of...

Impa?! That's even worse! Good god, can't we keep SOMETHING basic this time around, like having just POKEMON in Sm4sh, and the others on the 3DS :awesome:?

yani

Smash Lord

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Ridley at his biggest would be twice as tall as Groudon. Groudon is officially only 11.5 feet tall, after all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think Ridley at his biggest would be twice as tall as Groudon. Groudon is officially only 11.5 feet tall, after all.

Rayquaza said:
"Officially"? What, in-game? Because if you mean in the anime too, he's bigger than an giant oak tree :/

Ok, enough! My ship sails in the morning. I wonder what's for breakfest..? Lol cya'll later.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@a_fartn_Spartan

That's actually a rather good roster a_fartn_Spartan. Most of the characters you added seem to be the characters we are all expecting. My only critisms are:

*Mario series - I understand that Yoshi and Wario are close to the Mario series; however, they got in due to their own merits from their respective series. That is why we generally consider the series to have 4 true Super Mario reps. Therefore, two newcomers isn't actually that farfetched. I think Toad is pretty likely as well and Jr. is also fine (which is why I support both) :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You two, shut the **** up.

And yes, Suicune is an AWESOME idea. I've been supporting her for years now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Poor Asage. Never caught Groudon, I guess. Was never able to read his PokeDex entry.

Sad, really.
You don't know the power of the dark side my knowledge of Groudon... Rayquaza is definatly alot better than him, though. Especially when he gets V-Create... Which I'm making a pic of him using the move...

WHY THE **** AM I STILL HERE!? GOOD GODLY NIGHT! *Exits, and slams door shut*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
In that case, it could work... Groudon for giant legendary? Still rather have Snorlax actually. And Suicune is still the best legendary outside those mentioned frequently.

And however badly you don't wanna hear it, (skinny) Impa is quite a lot likelier than the likes of Groudon. Quite so. I just don't feel like reading up paragraps that get overlooked again for this...

It's kind of underwhelming Groudon isn't as big as I thought. He always seemed almost about dinosaur size to me...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
In that case, it could work... Groudon for giant legendary? Still rather have Snorlax actually. And Suicune is still the best legendary outside those mentioned frequently.

And however badly you don't wanna hear it, (skinny) Impa is quite a lot likelier than the likes of Groudon. Quite so. I just don't feel like reading up paragraps that get overlooked again for this...

It's kind of underwhelming Groudon isn't as big as I thought. He always seemed almost about dinosaur size to me...
iirc, Groudon is the heaviest, but he isn't the tallest.
Just look at Groudon from Kirby's point of view. Over 11 times your size. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I knew that I pretty much tower Charizard though there goes my childhood dreams of flying it. Snorlax is still bigger than me.

And talking about Pokemon sizes, I still think Pikachu is too big.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
That roster seems decent, although I'm not so sure about some, such as Waluigi. Basically, Wario is a new series and for the moment Wario is enough, yes?

I've often daydreamed about having this really cool garden where at least 1 of every type of pokemon exists in. I'd even have a cafe where Riolu's would be waiters with child-like voices, and Lucarios would be directing the kitchen staff i.e. Charmander, Charmeleon, Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Wartortle. ;)

But not in a slave-like way, more like volunteer work.

And Mewtwo would be walking around contemplating philosophy.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I knew that I pretty much tower Charizard though there goes my childhood dreams of flying it. Snorlax is still bigger than me.

And talking about Pokemon sizes, I still think Pikachu is too big.

Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Jiggs.

They're all too big by IRL standards. Especially Ivysaur. Holy sh*t he's huge in Brawl compared to normal.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Golurk is the tallest non-legendary at 2.8 meters. Just thought everyone should know.

I love heights.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Why is it that that seems strange to me? I'm pretty sure Charizard would dwarf me so my childhood dreams of riding one still exist. :D

Also, I though Steelix was the biggest non legendary? Or perhaps Onix? I know they stand at a rediculous height at least.

D

Deleted member

Here's a link to what I posted there, I figured that'd be easiest:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-wii-u/61745429

In v2 of this roster, I'm thinking about cutting Lucario, Mewtwo, and Ray Mk III for Saki, Takamaru, and Shulk.
So you've finally come across this thread. Nice to see you, you'll find a better community then GameFAQs here.

In regards to your changes, I wouldn't recommend cutting both Lucario and Mewtwo from the roster. Ray MKI III should be cut for Saki since Saki has a much better chance of making it then Ray.

Shulk is definitely not needed. It's a one-shot series that doesn't have the benefit of Sakurai's bias (Sin & Punishment) and it's not as important as Punch-Out!! or Golden Sun. I doubt we'll getting more than three "modern" new series anyway.

This then leaves cutting either Lucario or Mewtwo. Given the status of Pokemon, it can easily justify a fifth slot, so try to give it at least that.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
So you've finally come across this thread. Nice to see you, you'll find a better community then GameFAQs here.
While I love this community, to find one of the best communities you'd have to try out Oberin. SSBF, it may have so-so graphics, but it's community is small and amazing. If you do happen to try it, I call myself Dracilus. ^^

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How is GameFaqs thinking about the Sheik vs Impa thing? I'm the one generally defending the dark, tall, skinny Sheikah in this one, but am wondering how much support I'd get on GameFaqs. Not that I'm thinking of going there mind you...

D

Deleted member

How is GameFaqs thinking about the Sheik vs Impa thing? I'm the one generally defending the dark, tall, skinny Sheikah in this one, but am wondering how much support I'd get on GameFaqs. Not that I'm thinking of going there mind you...

They shoot down the idea of Sheik getting cut pretty quickly.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why is it that that seems strange to me? I'm pretty sure Charizard would dwarf me so my childhood dreams of riding one still exist. :D

Also, I though Steelix was the biggest non legendary? Or perhaps Onix? I know they stand at a rediculous height at least.
I'm fairly sure that Steelix's listed "height" refers to his length. I'm very upset that my third favorite Pokemon got shafted by Wailord.

Probably applies to Wailord, Onix, Gyarados, Milotic, Dragonair, Arbok, Serperior, etc. Though, I suppose Wailord would still be the tallest even if its "height" referred to its length. Yeah, I guess at 14.5 meters long, it would totally be around 6.5 meters tall anyway.

I can't wait for all the Sm4sh models to be RIPPED, and then maybe I can gather them all up and stand them next to each other and make a height chart. I'm getting wet thinking about it.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@Diddy Kong

You do bring up a good point Diddy. Pikachu should be resized. He feels even bigger than his Melee counterpart (yet he was still a little too big).

Besides, we don't want this to happen :troll:

[COLLAPSE="Giant Pikachu"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I still think too many people are way too conservative when comes to cuts. Especially on Sheik, which, even amongst Zelda one offs has one of the smallest roles in Zelda.

Exactly! Pika is TOO big. Far too big. Olimar's size should be it for him. Kirby is not so bad, but Pikachu has no reason to be that bug. Heck, that Pokemon Trainer kid would logically be about as tall as Pika in Smash as he is now.... :/

a_fartn_Spartan

Smash Cadet

In regards to your changes, I wouldn't recommend cutting both Lucario and Mewtwo from the roster. Ray MKI III should be cut for Saki since Saki has a much better chance of making it then Ray.

Shulk is definitely not needed. It's a one-shot series that doesn't have the benefit of Sakurai's bias (Sin & Punishment) and it's not as important as Punch-Out!! or Golden Sun. I doubt we'll getting more than three "modern" new series anyway.

This then leaves cutting either Lucario or Mewtwo. Given the status of Pokemon, it can easily justify a fifth slot, so try to give it at least that.

For some reason, I didn't see all of your post until I quoted it. And yeah, the GFaqs community can get...rediculous. FYI, I remembered you (and your easy-to-remember username), and when I made my account I said you had a part in it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm fairly sure that Steelix's listed "height" refers to his length. I'm very upset that my third favorite Pokemon got shafted by Wailord.

Probably applies to Wailord, Onix, Gyarados, Milotic, Dragonair, Arbok, Serperior, etc. Though, I suppose Wailord would still be the tallest even if its "height" referred to its length. Yeah, I guess at 14.5 meters long, it would totally be around 6.5 meters tall anyway.

I can't wait for all the Sm4sh models to be RIPPED, and then maybe I can gather them all up and stand them next to each other and make a height chart. I'm getting wet thinking about it.
Yeah, but length can refer to height when they stand on their tail ;)

Remember Brock's Onix? He goes all the way up to the very top of the gym.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
But then their height fluctuates and it is too hard to measure! This is very delicate business, you don't understand.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
But you're right, Wailord dwarfs all the rest. The interesting thing is, when you see him in pokemon ranger, you can't see all of him in the one screen. There's a glitch where you can, but then it breaks your game.

And yes i'd love the idea of Riolu walking around chatting pleasantly to diners. :D

One day I hope they invent a machine that allows us to travel to parallel universes so I can travel to Kanto and travel though the poke world. That would be entirely awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom