• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How can you be Dutch and American at the same time? Dutch fore fathers perhaps?

Have me point out the states and I can only tell you where New York, Florida and Californa are as well. So in that, we're even. Ohhh, and Texas. I know where Texas is.

Vicitini, sorry to say, seems to be as the new Mew / Celebi / Jiarchi / Manaphy in Pokeball version.
Zoroark seems more likely.

BUT, Mewtwo is king.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
IMO I think Victini and Zoroark would both serve better as pokeball Pokemon. If I had to choose one of those two, I'd pick Victini.

I think Axew could end up being a serious candidate as well. It's a dragon type too. :awesome:
As far as Pokemon go, it isn't my favorite. However, I'd take it over Victini in Sm4sh. It's close with Zoroark, but I like the idea.

My true allegiance will always be to Genesect...

D

Deleted member

1. Axew is only popular for the anime. It's final evolution, Haxorus overshadows it otherwise.

2. There is also the OTHER new character's main Pokemon, Pansage, to consider.

3. If we needed a Pokemon who's popularity comes mostly from the anime, it better be Meowth.

@Diddy: My grandmother was full Dutch. I am a mix of a lot of European bloodlines, including Irish and German. I am an American simply because I was born and live there. (Though it was before my grandmother that my ancestors came to America) Though simply put, I am Caucasian. It's best left there, as that's what I am.

EDIT: But if we have a 2nd F-Zero character, it should be Goroh with his kickin' samurai ponytail from the anime.

yani

Smash Lord
@Golden I didn't feel like looking up the name of it's final evolution, but assuming Axew evolves in the anime, I think Haxorus would be an awesome choice.

I'd love Meowth too.

Mewtwo forever though. That's who I want the most :mewtwo:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Has anyone mentioned the Pokemon Axew being a 5th gen rep yet? It seems a little important. It's Ash's new pal's Pokemon that hangs outside of its pokeball just like Pikachu.
You're way off. It's not Ash's Pokemon. It's Iris'.

yani

Smash Lord
You're way off. It's not Ash's Pokemon. It's Iris'.
I said Ash's new pal's Pokemon.. referring to Iris. Didn't know her name..

I'm reading the comments on Nintendos' Facebook page for N64 memories, and someone wrote "007 with the golden gun, (I forgot the name)" :laugh:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Yeah, I think Mewtwo is the number one Pokemon addition for myself, too. But seriously, we need to get another besides him. Fifth gen has some of the most awesome designs in the history of the franchise; it's too awesome to not have some sort of rep.

D

Deleted member

I don't speak for all, but I want that Monster Fox. Closest thing to Entei I'm ever going to get.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be honest, before any returns, I want two new Pokemon. Then we can talk about returns. They have a huge roster. While not all of them are notable, many of them are and to be honest, they should give the new guys some love first.

I'm all for six slots with some returners/new ones.

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo > ANY Newcoming Pokemon.

Once he's in, add another. 2 if you feel like being Wario. (Greedy)

At the same time, add as many Mario characters as necessary to keep Mario in the lead or tied.

D

Deleted member

@GiantBreadbug: In regards to 5th gen reps aside from Victini and Zoroark...

Victini still remains my most wanted character for Smash, but I do have other wants for the 5th gen if Victini doesn't get in.

Like you, I would love to see Genesect in. I loved the bad*** look that Mewtwo had and it seems to have a similar vibe for Genesect. Which probably explains why I also support Deoxys as a choice; it's the Mewtwo of the 3rd gen.

I also agree in that I really like some of the designs for the 5th gen and I would argue it is less ugly then the 4th gen. Other Pokemons that interest me are Scrafty and Bisharp.

Pokemon is the franchise that IMO, has the most interesting potential reps and has a very large pool of characters. It's for this reason why I feel it is the franchise most deserving of six slots.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always pictured you Asian GoldenY, maybe it's cause of the name, and a golden Entei looks a bit like those golden lion statues. I'm Dutch with Jewish blood, which is apparently something else than just causasian I understood. My pops is quite a dark man for a white guy lol

Mewtwo is Pokemon KING btw. He will get in before anything new. Yes, probably revealed later cause of inlockable secret status, but he will be in. With actual hitboxes this toline?

Actually, most he needs is some more knockback, far more weight (Samus weight easily), some improved hitboxes (I want some insane ones!) and priority, and just a little more speed. Though Mewtwo is probably too cocky to want to go fast anyway :laugh:

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Hey if it were up to me I'd give Pokemon seven!
If only there were enough slots for SSB4, I would include eight. I would be satisfied with only five (since I don't really expect much from Smash 4's roster anyway in terms of expansion), but eight would be perfect.

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Red)
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Deoxys
Lucario
Victini/Genesect

Done. All five gens repped and 99% of fans are happy.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Personally, I have a seven slot Pokemon section. The slotter goes:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle) Please rename him Red. Please.
Mewtwo
Lucario
Victini/Zoroark/Genesect :troll:/Axew (Standalone 5th gen rep, I guess is what I'm trying to get at. You know which one I prefer, but you also know which one we're going to get.)
White (Female Pokemon 5th gen Pokemon Trainer with no damn starter variations. It bugs the hell out of me when people seem to think that Trainer characters are limited to using starters when there are so many other Pokemon. Perhaps Scrafty, as was mentioned by SSBF above me here. Just pick three awesome Pokemon from the 5th gen Dex. This gets in some needed 5th gen love that isn't Zoroark.)

Yeah, that's right. Seven. *gestures to crotch* Bam. Is that unreasonable?

yani

Smash Lord
Though Mewtwo is probably too cocky to want to go fast anyway :laugh:
so epic. :awesome:

If only there were enough slots for SSB4, I would include eight. I would be satisfied with only five (since I don't really expect much from Smash 4's roster anyway in terms of expansion), but eight would be perfect.

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (Red)
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
Deoxys
Lucario
Victini/Genesect

Done. All five gens repped and 99% of fans are happy.
Perfect! I'd also take Blaziken for 3rd gen, but Deoxys would probably satisfy more

D

Deleted member

Personally, I have a seven slot Pokemon section. The slotter goes:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle) Please rename him Red. Please.
Mewtwo
Lucario
Victini/Zoroark/Genesect :troll:/Axew (Standalone 5th gen rep, I guess is what I'm trying to get at. You know which one I prefer, but you also know which one we're going to get.)
White (Female Pokemon 5th gen Pokemon Trainer with no damn starter variations. It bugs the hell out of me when people seem to think that Trainer characters are limited to using starters when there are so many other Pokemon. Perhaps Scrafty, as was mentioned by SSBF above me here. Just pick three awesome Pokemon from the 5th gen Dex. This gets in some needed 5th gen love that isn't Zoroark.)

Yeah, that's right. Seven. *gestures to crotch* Bam. Is that unreasonable?
Not really, but I don't care, this would be a great set-up.

As for the 5th gen Pokemon Trainer, what would you think of including Bisharp into tthe 5th gen Trainer? I'm not sure who I would give the 3rd Pokemon to. Perhaps Emolga?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
GoldenY, where is that one poll you spoke about earlier? Of who is the most popular Pokemon? Like, a top 20 or so? Zard was #1 in USA right?

D

Deleted member

GoldenY, where is that one poll you spoke about earlier? Of who is the most popular Pokemon? Like, a top 20 or so? Zard was #1 in USA right?

Are you referring to the May, 2011 poll done on the 5th gen Pokemon?

If that is the case, then no, Zoroark is not even close to #1. He's at #17 and Victini is at #19. The number one is, wait for it, Chandelure.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I dunno. But GoldenY pointed out earlier that Pikachu was not nr 1 most popular version mascot, that was Rayquaza. Last being Venusaur.

yani

Smash Lord
@SSBF There's a mascot poll for Pokemon featured on game covers (Charizard,Venasaur, Pikachu, Lugia, Ho-Oh etc). Don't know much about it, but Rayquaza won the vote in Japan, and they're getting a level 100 Rayquaza that knows V-Create

D

Deleted member

@SSBF There's a mascot poll for Pokemon featured on game covers (Charizard,Venasaur, Pikachu, Lugia, Ho-Oh etc). Don't know much about it, but Rayquaza won the vote in Japan, and they're getting a level 100 Rayquaza that knows V-Create
I loved Rayquaza. Remembered catching him in Pokemon Ruby and playing with him. Another one of my favorite memories of that game.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Not really, but I don't care, this would be a great set-up.

As for the 5th gen Pokemon Trainer, what would you think of including Bisharp into tthe 5th gen Trainer? I'm not sure who I would give the 3rd Pokemon to. Perhaps Emolga?
I think Bisharp is badass, and would make an awesome addition to the team. Although, I also love me some Scrafty, so the two would be close for me. I think that White should maintain a degree of symmetry with Red. By this, I mean that she have one small, medium, and large Pokemon. Bisharp could easily be sized down just a smidge (it's 5'11'' IRL) to be the medium, and Scrafty's 3' something, so he's already there. I'm trying to incorporate as many different types as possible for the other two... Perhaps Golurk for the large and Cubchoo for the small? They all represent types that haven't been playable in Smash before...

And also, f*ck yeah, Chandelure. Not for a Smash character, but as a Pokemon in general. It's the ****. I'm glad to see that so many others like it also.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ahhh, sounds useful. Is generation 5 really much better than 4? Or 3, for the mather?

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
That's a touchy subject. People get up in arms when the "which gen is best" discussion fires up. From the perspective of a guy who's played Pokemon since Blue and grew up with the series:

1st Gen pioneered the franchise. Revolutionary. Fantastic. Brilliant. Pokemon Yellow has aged to near-perfection (with a couple of issues). I recently dug out my old yellow Gameboy Pocket and played Pokemon Yellow with my Vietnamese friend like it was a brand new game. Still gives me that sense of being a kid.

2nd Gen was also very good. Lots of good memories there. The games hold up, and the DS remakes are brilliant as well.

3rd Gen is when people started jumping off of the Pokebandwagon and said the series was bad, but they couldn't be more wrong. Some of my favorite designs are from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. It introduced double battles and Pokemon Contests. It also refined 2nd Gen's berry system. Very good games that, once again, are still enjoyable today. Now I just need 3DS remakes for them, and I'll be in Pokeheaven.

4th Gen is my personal least favorite. Although, I completely take responsibility for not liking this one as much, because I looked at all the Pokemon before the western release. I was entirely spoiled of the sense of adventure that you get while seeing Pokemon for the first time. That being said, the latter half of the Sinnoh Dex is composed of evolutions of Gen 1-3 Pokemon, so there isn't that much in terms of brand new Pokemon. But all of the designs were solid, and the games were still great.

5th Gen is honestly tied for the best with 1st Gen in my mind. What helped it out was the fact that you could only catch new 5th Gen Pokemon until you completed the main game. This made Black/White feel like whole new adventures, and the Pokemon designs are absolutely fantastic. This is the first time I've ever played Pokemon that I've seriously had to do more than three playthroughs just so that I could get the chance to raise the Pokemon that I wanted to. There are just so many good options. It also introduced non-static battle sprites to the Pokemon series, which makes it really difficult for me to go back to the DS and even GBA games. Black and White are just so spectacular.

My Rankings:

1st/5th Gen
3rd Gen
2nd Gen
4th Gen

And again, everyone tends to argue about this. But that's just my perspective having grown up with the series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Thanks! Yeah, personally quite liked 3rd gen to. FireRed especially, but damn, did I also made some hours on Ruby. I personally liked the Special / Physical splits on 4th, but natures really made it for 3rd gen for me. Would actually like to casually play 5th gen, but am so damn broke...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
3rd, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 4th.

My personal favorite. And not counting remakes. So far, the only 4 have some annoying traits that bother me greatly.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I must say, I was always kinda bothered by the removal of the clock, day & night system in gen 3. It was really awesome that each day had something else every time. Like that Wednesday Lapras in that cave...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th

I love them all, but there has been a consistant deterioration IMO.

Deterioration: a symptom of reduced quality or strength

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Deterioration? What does that mean?

Ah all right I see, yeah observed that to. Pokemon could really try and do something new to it's battle system..

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I one thing that I hated about Melee's air dodging is that you become helpless after doing it. Brawl fixed that up, to some extent, and frankly, I felt that it was for the better.

If I recall, didn't the same thing happen to Zelda too?
Except the helpless state was the only thing that kept it at a level of real combo potential. I agree that the two could potentially mix to curve to each side of the coin, but my only worry is how exactly will that work?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
R = Brawl Air Dodge
Smash + R = Melee Air Dodge?

Still don't care for the helplessness. Perhaps the amount of momentum gained per use lessens with succession. So it wouldn't really be Melee's, you'd just be adding momentum and direction to Brawl's.

Probably broken. Probably don't care. Probably won't happen.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
R = Brawl Air Dodge
Smash + R = Melee Air Dodge?

Still don't care for the helplessness. Perhaps the amount of momentum gained per use lessens with succession. So it wouldn't really be Melee's, you'd just be adding momentum and direction to Brawl's.

Probably broken. Probably don't care. Probably won't happen.
Derp. It sounds broken, but hey it's Sakurai. You don't know what to expect from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom