• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
In regards to things actually related to Smash4 and not speculation:

Sakurai has completed work on Palutena's Mirror (the Pit game). He has stated that he will being working on Smash 4 after the completeion of Palutena's Mirror. My hopes are to see something (maybe a teaser) at E3 this June.

He said he wanted to gather designers from all over. I made a twitter account for the express purpose of talking to Sakurai. I'm going to slip him a smashboards link if possible =).
:D omg where do you you see that pleas give link!!! :D

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally think Luigi should be given the Poltergust 3000 (or whatever version it is is now). The vacuum has become almost iconic to him since the release of the original Luigi's Mansion. With Luigi's Mansion 2 coming our way soon, Luigi will definitely be remembered more with it. Luigi's Mansion represents the line where Luigi was finally seen with his own identity (moreso than any other previous game), and we should have him represent that more!

Luigi still has a chance of changing some of those "similar" moves he shares with Mario. Brawl did a good job of differentiating them (better than Melee even). However, I still feel that Luigi should get some more differentiations. I'm not sure how the Poltergust would work; however, I'm pretty sure that something unique can come out of it.
I hoped for that to, especially since Luigi's Mansion is a lot more iconic to Luigi than Sunshine was for Mario. And Mario suits the Tornado better imo, hopefully in Smash 4, Luigi will have the Poltergust, and Mario the spinning punch from Galaxy.

Or of coarse, customisation.

And Mr. Kel; please tell Sakurai that Impa from Skyward Sword should make an appearance cause Sheik is outdated to the Zelda franchise, and ask him to bring back Mewtwo, and include K.Rool. And that he's a pretty cool guy for making Smash and stuff.

He's an alien, not a MAN. Can Pico even GROW a beard?

Didn't think so.
I have a beard, can I have Impa now?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, but who really goes back to playing SSE after they beat except out of sheer boredom?

I would've traded the SSE for a balanced roster, Roy, Mewtwo, Ridley, individual break the targets, return of Board the Platforms, and leaderboards for those modes.

I'd rather have denser content than more of it. In other words, I would prefer quality over quantity in terms of modes.
It's a matter of opinion really. I liked the SSE. But I think what many people are missing is it is just more. We wouldn't have magically had more characters if there was no SSE. We would have had no SSE and the same Brawl.

Of course, in the same vein, if there was no SSE, whining would ensue because there was no adventure mode.

And for the record, it's not like the Vs mode got shafted. We still had 35 characters (a lot for 2008), ~14 we new and 31 stages with 10 Melee stages.

Kel

Smash Master
I can't link anything because I'm at work and twitter is blocked.

Here is the link to the Pit game's site that Sakurai posted though. http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/

Furthermore, Sakurai posted a link where you could pre-order this game on Amazon for both Japan and the rest of the world. Amazon had the launch date as March 28th (Maybe it was the 25th)2012.

SAKURAI HAS NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT SMASH IN QUITE SOME TIME. However, I am biding my time and lurking until the opportune time.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked the principe of having SSE, just didn't liked the enemies or the physics of it. Some of the levels where quite cool, especially the first couple of ones playing as Diddy and Fox. Ice Climber-esque mountain levels where nice to. Overall the atmosphere of the envoirments where quite cool, sometimes they where unfitting though. But still, would like if Sakurai would make a DKC-game with a bit of help from Retro and PAON after seeing SSE actually.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's a matter of opinion really. I liked the SSE. But I think what many people are missing is it is just more. We wouldn't have magically had more characters if there was no SSE. We would have had no SSE and the same Brawl.
You're dumb, you know that? Not for liking the SSE, that's your thing, but for thinking that things would be the same if it was never worked on. That's a lot of hours and resources that are being saved by not making the SSE. That could've easily been used in other areas to make them better.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Didn't Sakurai state somewhere that SSE took most of the time of development? I would think it did...

And yes, without SSE at the very least Mewtwo and Roy would've made the game. As well as a couple of ATs I'm guessing. Ones most likely being Saki, Little Mac and Starfy imo.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Didn't Sakurai state somewhere that SSE took most of the time of development? I would think it did...

And yes, without SSE at the very least Mewtwo and Roy would've made the game. As well as a couple of ATs I'm guessing. Ones most likely being Saki, Little Mac and Starfy imo.
Even if they had put it in, we probably could've had at least Mewtwo if the Great Maze ALONE was removed.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SAKURAI HAS NOT MENTIONED ANYTHING ABOUT SMASH IN QUITE SOME TIME. However, I am biding my time and lurking until the opportune time.
Actually, he did state something in, what I believe is the latest, Nintendo Power.

Something about reviving other franchises ect.

I'm too lazy to post a link right now.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
You're dumb, you know that? Not for liking the SSE, that's your thing, but for thinking that things would be the same if it was never worked on. That's a lot of hours and resources that are being saved by not making the SSE. That could've easily been used in other areas to make them better.
First, don't call people dumb. No reason to reduce to insults because you don't like what I say.

Second, no, removing the SSE would not have changed anything besides the release date. Remember Melee was done in 13 months. If Sakurai planned not to do the SSE, we would have just gotten it sooner with about the same amount of stuff (maybe Mewtwo or Roy, but the SSE was not the reason for their exclusion). Of course, minus the SSE. Sakurai planned the whole thing for the beginning, so production was based around the SSE. Yes. There would be more man power. But that's assuming that this wasn't all laid out from day 1 (which Sakurai has told us he does). If there was no SSE, than there would have been less people and/or less development time. Also, Sakurai sees the game as more than just the characters and stages, so that is why he added the SSE. It would also mean that no SSE does not directly mean more characters.

Also, if I said "the same," it would be in terms of content.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Actually, he did state something in, what I believe is the latest, Nintendo Power.

Something about reviving other franchises ect.

I'm too lazy to post a link right now.

This?

• when asked by NP about reviving another dormant franchise or character, Sakurai mused that if there was such a character, he might be planning it for the next Smash Bros.

Zaxis

Smash Cadet
Have guys looked at Sakurai pic in twitter I think he has a Wii U Controller
but it show button control options any thoughts?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Have guys looked at Sakurai pic in twitter I think he has a Wii U Controller
but it show button control options any thoughts?
It's pretty logical that he'd have one, he has to design a game playable with it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nvm. I see which picture you're talking about. I thought it was the newest one.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
In regards to things actually related to Smash4 and not speculation:

Sakurai has completed work on Palutena's Mirror (the Pit game). He has stated that he will being working on Smash 4 after the completeion of Palutena's Mirror. My hopes are to see something (maybe a teaser) at E3 this June.

He said he wanted to gather designers from all over. I made a twitter account for the express purpose of talking to Sakurai. I'm going to slip him a smashboards link if possible =).
Success :cool:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai mentioned that the SSE took up 70% of development time.

Brawl took 26 months in development. If you were to multiply that by .3, it would have taken only eight months without SSE.

So when Sakurai stated that there would be 2-3 years going into this project, it basically means a large adventure story is coming, he just isn't ready to confirm it.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero

Brawl took 26 months in development. If you were to multiply that by .3, it would have taken only eight months without SSE.

So when Sakurai stated that there would be 2-3 years going into this project, it basically means a large adventure story is coming, he just isn't ready to confirm it.
This I can really believe because of Brawl's uninspired intro

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even if they had put it in, we probably could've had at least Mewtwo if the Great Maze ALONE was removed.

I hated that damn maze.

I don't know. The Great Maze is pretty much the final obstacle before the final boss is fought. I'm game if it does come back though, since it is referencing Kirby's Dream Land; you have to take out all the bosses that you've fought earlier in the game before facing the last boss.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, but the Great Maze involved you fighting around five to seven bosses and 30+ characters. Take away the 30+ characters and it might have been a better experience.

@Chrono
I'm still waiting on your thoughts about the story mode idea I had. I think, at the least, it could reduce the time to work on it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Hooly. 70%!? FOR A WASTE THAT MADE ALL OF US DISAPPOINTED?!!!

Maan, Sakurai better not do this again. Geeez.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, I agree that the cutscenes were about the only good thing with SSE. Too bad they lacked dialogue, making the story much harder to understand than it should be.

I hope they do away with that crap, go Melee style(repping all series correctly), no lame extra weight to promote only characters with good jumps, and an original boss that's not basically a Kirby remake. Likewise, you don't need to be a "traditional" fighter to be a fighter. That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Smash has been a fighter from the start, and always will be. They're just two different styles of fighting.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ive willingly went through sse multiple times and from time to time will go through subspace bomb factory 2 just for fun. But I recognize I'm a minority.
This part isn't trolling.

Oasis you need to double it since its two games. 100% :troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
http://www.gamebandits.com/news/ds/pokemon-new-game-hinted-10056/

Just a little bit of speculation, but worth checking out. It just justifies my reasoning that a new PKMN game could come out very soon, probably in the Spring.

If it's something that involves Grey, I'll letcha know. The reason why Grey is important to SSB4 is to speculate whether we'll see any appearences of Genesect, Meloetta, or Keldeo. Just one reason, but I'm certain ya'll know the rest.

Anyone interested in the Cross-over game, like I, can see this, as well.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/Pokemon+++Nobunaga's+Ambition/news.asp?c=36271

yani

Smash Lord
@asage anything on that crossover coming to NA? It's beginning to catch my interest.

And for all you cats that care, KI comes with the 3DS stand in NA too.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I feel like Sakurai would be one of those stock movie scientists or whatever, one responsible for inadvertently creating some disaster, and he says "I DID IT WITH THE BEST OF INTENTIONS!" while pleading with us, the handsome protagonists.

ALSO I AGREE WITH THE CUTSCENES. That is what kept me playing. :V
Yeah I loved those cutscenes, and played SSE enough to get every single one, whether zelda or peach is captured, and what that means throughout the story.

But yeah they were really awesome. Also, Ness' PK Flash looks sooooo boss in it. And also Lucas PK thunder, to a slightly lesser extent. I'd hate to have my hand cut off with a ball of electricity....

Guys, i'm off, going to the tournament today. Cya! *waves*

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@asage anything on that crossover coming to NA? It's beginning to catch my interest.

And for all you cats that care, KI comes with the 3DS stand in NA too.
There has yet to be any news, but if it stays in Japan, I have the ability to put my foot straight up the Poketeam's *** T_T

Anyways, I decided to buy KI when it comes out. Dat goddess gots her ~Misty~ swag on, and I don't wanna miss it ^~^ Lol jkin, but seriously, I'm buying it.

EDIT: I just got accepted to a tourny myself right now for Black Ops Zombies!
[COLLAPSE="My feelings"]
I feel like

this.[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's all opinion I guess, I'll just leave it up to other people to decide what the heck Smash is.

As for Pokemon, I care for everything except for a 5th Gen rep (although between Zoroark and Victini, I'm neutral on them). All I want is all of the vet Pokemon back (except for Pichu). This is why I like Toise's money pick so much.

The series I don't care at all for what happens would be Mario.
I don't care for Mario either. Or LoZ really, or Kirby, well... I guess the only series I care about what happens to would be StarFox, Wario, F-Zero, and Donkey Kong.

I would like to see Ganondorf get a new move set. Considering that Ganondorf's move set will likely exist in one way or another, including Black Shadow to take Ganondorf's move set would be the only hope Ganondorf has at an unique move set.
This will not happen, can't we just except that?

Source? I would like to note that the last time me and Kuma discussed this percentage, it was at like, 40% of development time. SO, if you have a link PLEASE share.

TattleStory

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I have no idea if anyone replied to my last comments...
...But stay with me here, an American videogame character, (and in an educational game) Like Carmen Sandiego would be nice if she wasn't required to unlock All-Star Mode, and a special code, or downloading her Wiiware was needed to unlock her, and Japanese players could only unlock her by encountering a player who has her via WiFi, making her as elusive as she is in the PC games...

Carmen Sandiego, ACME's Greatest Detective, and the world's most crooked theif.
many of us born before 1998 have played the games at public Libraries, school, or home, back when PC games had better 2D graphics than consoles like Sega, & SNES, and educational Media wasn't stupidly: 'how to go wash your hands' '2+5=?' how to spell the word idiotic... ...or worse yet... "this is a triangle, let's sing about it!"
The Lady in Red manages to escape after you take back the Declaration of Independance from her, she almost never gets behind bars in any of her games, and I hate the new Elementary Math they're using on Wiiware, I want Algebra & Geometry related Puzzles if anything...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Did she have an appearance or game on the Nintendo?

If not, she's illegible. But she does sound cool. Also, I do believe she originated in Books, not games, meaning she can't get in. If they're 3rd party, they MUST have a Nintendo appearance, and MUST have originated in a video game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Hmmmm. Gonna need a source on that one.

TattleStory

Smash Rookie
There has yet to be any news, but if it stays in Japan, I have the ability to put my foot straight up the Poketeam's *** T_T

Anyways, I decided to buy KI when it comes out. Dat goddess gots her ~Misty~ swag on, and I don't wanna miss it ^~^ Lol jkin, but seriously, I'm buying it.

EDIT: I just got accepted to a tourny myself right now for Black Ops Zombies!
[COLLAPSE="My feelings"]
I feel like

this.[/COLLAPSE]
It will work on a DS lite for imports, which may be why the Team decided not to use the 3DS, even though Nintendo pretty much stopped making new non-download DS games...
I wouldn't mind a Nobunaga's Ambition character in the new Smash game, that way non-japanese players will want to learn more about the series, and the crossover is more likely to reach our shores... at an E10 or T rating...
I'm also thinking we need at least 5-12 third party characters to expand the roster enough to where we don't get bored of using the same characters... And all past characters, except for maybe Pichu, need to return in one form or another...

Marth & Ike on Wii-U version; Roy on 3DS version maybe?

Skyward Sword/PH style Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Toon Link, and Tetra on Wii-U...
Ocarina 3D style Link, Zelda, Ganondorf & Young Link on 3DS version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom