• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Wow, those are some impressive moves you got there, but would he be balanced closer to mewtwo in terms of lightness or buffed and heavy?
I ranked Zoroark as a mid-heavy character; heavier than Mario, but lighter than Wolf.

Zoroark probably won't be Ganondorf powerful, but it probably will have a few strong moves. In other words, slightly above average strength.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Will Master Hand and Crazy Hand have a more sinister role in the new Ssb?
I believe so, Master Hand had always been around since the beginning.

I've always thought both hands represented Sakurai as 'the creator', we might actually see a new Smash Bros boss.

Its going to be Sakurai himself muhahahaha

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If you cut Lucario for the sake of adding in a new Pokemon from the new generation, you're just going to cut that next Pokemon, and having any attachment is pointless. This contradicts the whole point of Smash, where you play your favorite fighters. While it still may be the reality though, since the Pokemon series does need to be curtailed if it grows too big, the whole idea that Mewtwo gets in as well is just contradictory, and seems like some type of fanboy version of "vengeance" because they dared to cut this character. I mean it doesn't matter if the cycle repeats itself or anything, right? :glare:

But anyways, what I find interesting is that when you look Pokemon choices for Brawl, is that Sakurai probably had to choose between Mewtwo and Jiggs in the end, and he chose tradition rather than popularity. (Unless you go by competative popularity. :V) How that actually effects any of the newcomers from Brawl is hard to say, but I'd say its pretty clear that we'd get Falco again rather than Wolf if a choice between the two ever had to be made....though Falco is probably the more popular anyways.

Steam

Smash Hero
If you cut Lucario for the sake of adding in a new Pokemon from the new generation, you're just going to cut that next Pokemon, and having any attachment is pointless. This contradicts the whole point of Smash, where you play your favorite fighters. While it still may be the reality though, since the Pokemon series does need to be curtailed if it grows too big, the whole idea that Mewtwo gets in as well is just contradictory, and seems like some type of fanboy version of "vengeance" because they dared to cut this character. I mean it doesn't matter if the cycle repeats itself or anything, right? :glare:

But anyways, what I find interesting is that when you look Pokemon choices for Brawl, is that Sakurai probably had to choose between Mewtwo and Jiggs in the end, and he chose tradition rather than popularity. (Unless you go by competative popularity. :V)
ehhh... they'll almost certainly put a gen 5 in. but I predict 5 pokemon characters being in.

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
I dont want see Master Hand get replaced in the new ssb. And I really don't wana see Master Hand get his a** handed to him again. Smash wouldn't be the same with Master Hand. Idgaf about Crazy Hand,he's crazy

OmegaXXII

I ranked Zoroark as a mid-heavy character; heavier than Mario, but lighter than Wolf.

Zoroark probably won't be Ganondorf powerful, but it probably will have a few strong moves. In other words, slightly above average strength.
Speedy but normal than average power eh? It's some good physics that would totally work, now it's up to Sora to make it happen, hopefully won't go overboard with it.

I've always enjoyed the Pokemon themes from Kanto/Johto such as these:

EDIT:
Kanto Gym Battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tswLuflYx4Y

Lance/Red Battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ixY6Da0g8

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
hmmm I disagree due to the intention for 6 pokemon reps in brawl and the increase in roster size from brawl -> again. (I like calling it super smash bros. again)
You got to think about the other franchises too.

On a side note, my Brawl roster thoughts did have some ridiculous character choices. Seeing your statements reminds me of myself back then.

Steam

Smash Hero
You got to think about the other franchises too.

On a side note, my Brawl roster thoughts did have some ridiculous character choices. Seeing your statements reminds me of myself back then.
there aren't all that many nintendo franchises not already included.

pokemon sells. a lot. and were supposed to have 6 slots in brawl. it doesn't seem all that much of a stretch to predict 5 spots for pokemon lol.

Chris the Ripper

ok Steam srsly,take my quote off as your signature or I'll report you.i said someone quote me,not use it as a signature.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Its not clear if Brawl ever had 6 Pokemon intended. As I said before, I'm fairly sure they wanted a solid 4 to match up with the other franchises, and Mewtwo and Jiggs may have been competing for the last spot. As for Plusle and Minun, they may have been intended prior to Lucario who may have been put in slightly later due to the fact that Brawl started development over a year prior to Gen 4 actually coming out.

Chris the Ripper

Gen 1,gen 2, gen 3, gen 4.It really doest matter which one makes it in.As long as Pokemon gets in period,Im ok.

Chris the Ripper

Trolls......they're everywhere!

Steam,since you said eairler that Pokemon wont get cut,why are you guys still debating on which Pokemon deserve to get in?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Its not clear if Brawl ever had 6 Pokemon intended. As I said before, I'm fairly sure they wanted a solid 4 to match up with the other franchises, and Mewtwo and Jiggs may have been competing for the last spot. As for Plusle and Minun, they may have been intended prior to Lucario who may have been put in slightly later due to the fact that Brawl started development over a year prior to Gen 4 actually coming out.
I'm pretty sure that the Plusle and Minun thing has been ruled out right? I recently read something SmashChu posted, and it seems that they weren't ever in Brawl. However, even if they were I agree that they were probably cut in favor of Lucario or something. I do think that both Pokemon and Legend Of Zelda were intended to have five slots. (Toon Zelda/Sheik and Mewtwo)

My theory on how the Pokemon slots should work:

Pokemon Mascot: *Pikachu*
Iconic Pokemon/Original Twelve: *Jigglypuff*
A Pokemon Trainer: *Insert Generation Here*
A Popular Pokemon from any series: *insert Non-Gen 5 pokemon here*
A Generation 5 Pokemon *Insert Zoroark, Victini, Genosect, ect*

I suppose if we did get only four Pokemon, we would be left with Pokemon Trainer and Genration five's slot for new Pokemon. I don't see Jigglypuff leaving.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
^this. Someone needs to make one of those sig banners for the wii zapper. He doesn't get nearly the attention he deserves.
Aiyyo why do you guys let jokes do the buzz cut over your head? LOL, if I was Steam I'd be douging right now because of how many people have fell for obvious trolls.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I would legit die of laughter if Chris was right and we indeed got Wii Zapper as a playable character.
Just a huge troll from Sakurai.
I would pay tickets to see everyone's faces haha.

No a ridiculous character idea is dirt. lol

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A Super Mario Galaxy stage seems inevitible but there's a lot of different directions they could go with it. I've thought of two:

1. A galaxy tour stage. Basically this stage would work like Castle Siege in Brawl except you get launched to different galaxies from Super Mario Galaxy/2 after a certain time frame. Each galaxy would have its own characteristics.

2. A planetoid stage. The stage would be made up of several different planets of varying sizes. Each of these planets would have their own gravitational pull and the larger the stage, the more gravity and the harder it is to launch your opponent. You can move around on these planets like in the games so you can even do things like fight upside down.

Thoughts?

OmegaXXII

Wii Zapper? Isn't that a gun used for shooting games? Why are people suggesting it as a character? =|

@Fatmanonice: I like the idea of a Super Mario Galaxy stage, a galaxy launching stage would definetly offer some exciting backgrounds as well as some possible hazards.

TBone06

Smash Ace
A Super Mario Galaxy stage seems inevitible but there's a lot of different directions they could go with it. I've thought of two:

1. A galaxy tour stage. Basically this stage would work like Castle Siege in Brawl except you get launched to different galaxies from Super Mario Galaxy/2 after a certain time frame. Each galaxy would have its own characteristics.

2. A planetoid stage. The stage would be made up of several different planets of varying sizes. Each of these planets would have their own gravitational pull and the larger the stage, the more gravity and the harder it is to launch your opponent. You can move around on these planets like in the games so you can even do things like fight upside down.

Thoughts?
I like the first one. Smash definitely needs to include Galaxy, and because there are so many different galaxies with unique characteristics, I think it's a good way to include a lot of things from one game.

I also thought about what it'd be like with a stage with a gravitational pull. Someone posted a link to a video of the Raphael fight in Yoshi's Island, and it made me think "yeah that'd be cool if there was a level where you can run around like that. But it certainly is an interesting idea, the only thing is how would people get back on the stage if there are no edges.

Overall very unique ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom