• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There is actually a hacked Tetris stage. It's pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukoMmTPHjlU
Wow, nice find. I like the way they did the sides, visable but don't interfere with gameplay. And that also reminds me where I saw the blocks landing, in the stage editor, those 'falling' blocks. Just make it so that when you get 'squashed' you get knocked up through the block. In the linked tetris stage you could have a block fall on you and then just camp, immune to everything.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Earthbound does not need any newcomers. The series is dead and two is more than enough. Stick with what we have and give Lucas his own move sets.
Never suggest Earthbound Newcomers, trust me. It makes you the worst person IN THE WORLD. :)

All joking aside, from Kirby I would like to see a rendition of Green Greens. I would like this level to be grounded, and a very basic level, with some sort of new gimmick. (Not the tree blowing wind, or falling blocks) maybe some sort of enemies pass by? Waddle Doo's and Chilly's and whatnot?

Anyone else game for an Epic yarn stage? Maybe based off the candy level? Lastly, I hope we get a lot more cameo's in this game.

If anyone is to represent a Tetris game, it will be Lip
Speak the truth ~

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So I've finally hit number #7 in my list of stage concepts. Oh look it's a castle too! Bet you're expecting something from Mario, or Zelda, or Fire Emblem, or heck even Kirby right? Nope, try Pokémon!

That's right, it is the castle of Team Plasma's leader N! Who is basically what you would call the Pokémon version of an overzealous PETA leader. Except I don't remember when PETA had a towering castle! This stage is much like Spear Pillar, in that it takes place where you encounter Reshiram and Zekrom. You'll fight in the throne room itself while N sits there and watches, petting his Pokémon looking both perturbed and amused. Yes, Reshiram and Zekrom will be in the background. Occasionally N will command one of them to launch an attack towards the characters, but without the awful effects seen in Spear Pillar. The stage itself is simple, flat with platforms. When one of the legendary Pokémon attack it does damage to the background of the stage. Causing parts of the ceiling to collapse, exposing the stage to more of the sky; pillars fall, fractures can be seen on the walls, etc... After too much damage the Pokémon will leave with N on their backs; leaving you to continue battling in a celing-less, wall-less, dilapidated room high in the sky.

Stage example:

....__......__

Stage Name: N's Castle
Stage Icon: Pokéball

Pokémon Black/White - N's Castle (Castle Bridge)*
Pokémon Black/White - N Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Team Plasma Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Wild Pokémon Battle (In a Pinch)*
Pokémon Black/White - Tower of Heaven
Pokémon Black/White - Legendary Battle
Pokémon Black/White - Ending
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Route 27
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Champion Battle (Johto)
Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Vs. Ho-Oh
Pokémon Platinum - Giratina Theme
Pokémon Trading Card Game - Club Leader Duel

*These song's are mixed together

So Shortie, did I do you proud? Or is it lacking in some way? Let me know.

On a side note, N reminds me of a thinner Terry Bogard from FF...

D

Deleted member

MelMoe said:
If anyone is to represent a Tetris game, it will be Lip.
She'll represent Puzzle League, not Tetris.

I want to see if anyone is interested in a Red Canyon stage from F-zero. Port City and Mute City were a tad bit similar to me in environment, why not change it?

@Starphoneix: If it's anything like Spear Pillar, I'll absolutely love it. That was easily my favorite Pokemon stage in Smash yet.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
She'll represent Puzzle League, not Tetris.
I know, that is why I said a Tetris game; refering to Tetris Attack.

Can I get some rational opinions here on the subject of K. Rool vs. Dixie for a DK newcomer? Gamefaqs can really wear thin on a guy after a while. . .
The only way I can see Dixie in SSB4 at this point is if she is paired with Diddy. I'm all for King K. Rool.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Can I get some rational opinions here on the subject of K. Rool vs. Dixie for a DK newcomer? Gamefaqs can really wear thin on a guy after a while. . .

•Col•

Smash Champion
I say both.

Make Diddy/Dixie a team like they originally were meant to be and throw in K. Rool. That's just me though...

TBone06

Smash Ace
Personally I would rather have K. Rool. Being the recurring villain in the DK series for so long gives him the edge for me. I think he has a totally unique moveset potential. Not to mention he adds another villain which could be important if there is another story mode. K. Rool is very original and I think he is due to be in Smash. Dixie is cool, but I feel we already have Diddy who isn't an overpowering character. Adding Dixie would make two reps from the same series be very similar. I think the DK series is important enough to have the main villain from the majority of the games.

In terms of the Diddy/Dixie team, I feel Diddy is such an important character for the series that to pair him up is unfair. Although if it was a tag team system it would be alright. I still like seeing Diddy as his own character

Hope that helps as a rational opinion

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
See, my theory is that Dixie was only ever an option as Diddy's tag-team, and now that he's solo, Sakurai won't suddenly add her to his moveset. He keeps the vast majority of veterans the same to appease their former mains, and I don't think he'll make such a major change to a character who has already been established.

Plus, K. Rool has superior importance, popularity, and moveset possibilities.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Even though no one really knows what Sakurai means by all of this, I think it's a huge mistake having a handheld Smash. I mean I'll still get it, but I think it's a huge mistake, especially the way he wants them to work together. However I can't see them going backwards from Brawl, how many games actually do things that way?

I nmy experience.. as far as content goes.

Sonic 4, and Marvel vs Capcom 3. But at least Marvel VS Capcom 3 is excuseable since MvC2 was pretty much "every Marvel fighting game, and every Street Fighter Alpha game combined".

TBone06

Smash Ace
See, my theory is that Dixie was only ever an option as Diddy's tag-team, and now that he's solo, Sakurai won't suddenly add her to his moveset. He keeps the vast majority of veterans the same to appease their former mains, and I don't think he'll make such a major change to a character who has already been established.

Plus, K. Rool has superior importance, popularity, and moveset possibilities.
I think all of what you said is very true. Diddy already has his place in the game so it does make it tricky if he's going to change that. Diddy is already so established so why make the change?

K. Rool having all that is why he should be one of the few shoo ins for the next one. Will it happen? I hope so, but you never really know. I thought he should've been in Brawl. But I think his time is now.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Starpheonix

I actually was talking to my little brother about what Smash level ideas he had, and this was one of them. I told him how absolutely stupid that would be. However, looking at this I can see it replacing spear Pillar, and actually doing it well. I am a big Spear Pillar fan. (I love cresselia) This works well, and I applaud you for it. I am confused as to how you KO people before anything is broken? And does the ground break? I loved Girintina's theme, Tower of Heaven, and Route 27. If you were to add some more background characters/pokemon/happenings, for the fanboys, what would you add? Would we see something similar to Spear pillar where other legendaries come around after N leaves? Maybe Tornadus? Possibly Meloetta? Or maybe Kyurem?

Either way, I liked this idea of a Black and White level just as much as mine. It's way more likely than my level based of the Victini's Lighthouse event.

I give it a nine out of ten :)

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
There are two animations in Diddy's motion file that aren't used in brawl. The animations are of him laughing; one on the ground & one in the air. This is why I, myself, speculate that Diddy & Dixie were suppose to be paired for Brawl. It is just what I think.

I think that a pairing is still possible in SSB4 because Sakurai brought ideas meant for previous games in Brawl. But if it doesn't happen, oh well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starpheonix

I actually was talking to my little brother about what Smash level ideas he had, and this was one of them. I told him how absolutely stupid that would be. However, looking at this I can see it replacing spear Pillar, and actually doing it well. I am a big Spear Pillar fan. (I love cresselia) This works well, and I applaud you for it. I am confused as to how you KO people before anything is broken? And does the ground break? I loved Girintina's theme, Tower of Heaven, and Route 27. If you were to add some more background characters/pokemon/happenings, for the fanboys, what would you add? Would we see something similar to Spear pillar where other legendaries come around after N leaves? Maybe Tornadus? Possibly Meloetta? Or maybe Kyurem?

Either way, I liked this idea of a Black and White level just as much as mine. It's way more likely than my level based of the Victini's Lighthouse event.

I give it a nine out of ten :)
Oh you'd still KO people, the walls and ceiling are the design. Think the interior of Castle Seige. It is like that, except you are slowly watching the Pokémon destroy the room around you with every attack. It doesn't affect the stage itself as everything happens around it or in the background.

No the ground does not break, it fractures and shifts, but it doesn't break. As for other background effects after N and the two legendaries leave I'd have the genies occasionally fly around in the back. Whatever bird Pokémon flying in a flock. Maybe some insects. Some older Pokémon, like maybe Zapdos? Since I envisioned it being cloudy and storming. I'm not too familiar on Pokémon Black/White, so forgive me if some characters go over my head.

What should my next idea be...

TBone06

Smash Ace
There are two animations in Diddy's motion file that aren't used in brawl. The animations are of him laughing; one on the ground & one in the air. This is why I, myself, speculate that Diddy & Dixie were suppose to be paired for Brawl. It is just what I think.

I think that a pairing is still possible in SSB4 because Sakurai brought ideas meant for previous games in Brawl. But if it doesn't happen, oh well.
Where can you find all those files that were in brawl that weren't used

D

Deleted member

Okay, my thoughts on the discussion between King K. Rool and Dixie Kong (You may have noticed that I posted in that thread under Limelight788).

There are four reasonable choices for newcomers from the Donkey Kong franchise:
- No new DK rep
- Diddy/Dixie Kong team
- King K. Rool
- #2 and #3.

The first one is very unlikely. The only thing that could prevent us from getting a third character is relevance, which is minor at worst. Fan demand and importance that these two have to the series should be enough to get these two in. Granted, if a new DKCR game is announced and neither are involved, this (unfortunate) option gets more likely. So while I think we stand a very good chance of getting a third rep, it is not a shoe-in unless either appear in the rumored DKCR sequel.

As posted before, Diddy and Dixie were planned as a tag team but Dixie was dropped. This makes Dixie one of the Forbidden Seven. According to this pattern, one character planned form a previous installment made in into the successive games. If this continues, this indicates that we should be seeing Dixie Kong in some way or form in the next game and Sakurai may try again to put them as a tag team. While he hasn't made major move set changes yet, it doesn't mean it can't happen with SSB4. Sakurai will probably gain a lot of backlash if Ganondorf is presented in his insulting clone form again in SSB4 so he has no choice but to change it. If he changes Ganondorf in SSB4, that leaves room for a possible Diddy/Dixie Kong team. I for one would like to see this to happen because Diddy, while good, felt kind of off by himself and I think Dixie's removal explains why.

However, lots of people are against the idea of Dixie Kong getting in with Diddy, but aside from Pieman0920, very few have spoken directly against King K. Rool's inclusion in SSB4. Next to Little Mac, he's one of the very few characters with near universal support (Not in amount, but in comparative form, thought it's also important to note that he has very, very high demand) as a playable character. He has very strong move set potential and can be considered at least somewhat relevant to Nintendo having appeared in the 2009 remake of Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat and Mario Super Sluggers. He is also important to the series, being the main villain of the series and all. The only reason why I can see him not getting in is due to not appearing in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Even so, he still has a very good shot at getting in SSB4. IMO, I would love to see him in, he's my third-most wanted character that actually has a good chance of getting in (Next to Mega Man at 1st and Ridley att 2nd)

The final option is also possible, but questionable because I'm not sure if Sakurai wants to put in two new DK characters that didn't appear in DKCR, although this would be my most wanted out of the four (I would be very disappointed if only DK and Diddy were playable next time)

However, I feel that unless they appear in new games, this is our last shot at a Donkey Kong rep. If they don't get in, it's pretty much cemented that we're only getting DK and Diddy for the rest of the Smash series.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Uh, people... Sakurai said in an interview that there was supposed to be a Diddy/Dixie team, but for whatever reason they couldn't get it to work well... So they took her out.

That's probably why Diddy has such a lazy Down B move...... -.-

Steam

Smash Hero
Uh, people... Sakurai said in an interview that there was supposed to be a Diddy/Dixie team, but for whatever reason they couldn't get it to work well... So they took her out.

That's probably why Diddy has such a lazy Down B move...... -.-
that is sadly diddy's best move by far and his entire game revolves around it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh you'd still KO people, the walls and ceiling are the design. Think the interior of Castle Seige. It is like that, except you are slowly watching the Pokémon destroy the room around you with every attack. It doesn't affect the stage itself as everything happens around it or in the background.

No the ground does not break, it fractures and shifts, but it doesn't break. As for other background effects after N and the two legendaries leave I'd have the genies occasionally fly around in the back. Whatever bird Pokémon flying in a flock. Maybe some insects. Some older Pokémon, like maybe Zapdos? Since I envisioned it being cloudy and storming. I'm not too familiar on Pokémon Black/White, so forgive me if some characters go over my head.

What should my next idea be...
I actually like the Zapdos idea. It's cool to incorperate past generations. I can give you my personal suggestions. I have my own ideas for some, but these are some cool games you could pull level's from. I would love to see how they match up against mine.

Brand New Levels:
Kirby's Epic Yarn*
New Super Mario Bros Wii*
Wario Land SHAKE IT!!!
Pokemon HeartGold/Soul Silver*
Donkey Kong Country Returns
An Ocarina of Time 3DS* (In light of the remake)
Star Fox 64 3DS (Ditto)
Balloon Fight Stage* (Either Tingle's balloon fight, or the original)
Panel De Pon Stage
Majora's Mask Stage* (Just for fun of it, not likely to be represented)

Redesigned:
Peach's Castle
Green Green's*
Pokemon Stadium
Luigi's Mansion

Just my suggestions. I plan on making some sort of stages for the starred ones. If you choose one of those, it would be cool to see how different they ended up!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hope Sm4sh will be called either Rumpus, Fracas, Quarrel, Tumult, or Scuffle. Scuffle actually sounds kind of cute, could be the 3DS version.

"Hey guys, want to play some Rumpus?"

EDIT: Let's not forget Super Smash Bros. Rhubarb.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Anyways, since the discussion has died down a little, how's about I try my hand at a Professor Layton moveset? I think he has a legit shot for Smash4 and definitely deserves inclusion, not to mention he is a true ****ing gentleman.

B: Professor Layton says "That reminds me of a puzzle!"(Because honestly, what DOESN'T remind him of a puzzle?) as he emits an AOE disable because he totally mind****ed everyone with dat puzzle. Kinda like Jigglypuff's down b but with puzzles and a wider radius. The effect could have like question marks shooting out him.

Side B: Professor Layton whips out his home made slot machine gun and fires a burst of coins 4 coins. He can charge the move to release a spray of coins like a shotgun.

Up B: Layton gets in his home made flying contraption and flies upwards for a few seconds. The blades of the machine cause damage upon contact. As for him getting into a flying machine, he could poof out of a dust cloud flying it so it doesn't look TOO ridiculous.

Down B: Professor Layton whips out his trusty rapier and to parry an attack. If a projectile is shot at him, he deflects it back at the enemy.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
There is actually a hacked Tetris stage. It's pretty fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukoMmTPHjlU
I like this idea very much, players would have to move or otherwise take massive damage, nice stage, though it will never happen, at least from Tetris side that is, maybe Ashley from Pon

Wow, nice find. I like the way they did the sides, visable but don't interfere with gameplay. And that also reminds me where I saw the blocks landing, in the stage editor, those 'falling' blocks. Just make it so that when you get 'squashed' you get knocked up through the block. In the linked tetris stage you could have a block fall on you and then just camp, immune to everything.
Looks like Mic has love for Tetris ;)

D

Deleted member

I have a relatively complex concept for a Mario Galaxy, that combines elements of Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, and stuff we haven't really seen yet.

Ask me if you folks want to hear it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Dixie should be a separate entity. Regarding K. Rool, I don't see why the DK franchise can't have four reps.

all other attacks: hit with DS stylus

we need a 4th wall breaking character.
Does Cranky Kong answer your question? He's a 4th wall breaking old ape, and is the so called grandfather of today's Donkey Kong.

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
Who is the new ridley?

What do you mean?
Ridley was SO controversial in Brawl that the thought of his inclusion made so many smash fans angry to create their own rediculous set of rules such as "He's too big."

Similarly Geno created SUCH a backlash that people had to make "Anti-Geno" fanclubs and created the "Relevancy rule"

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
"Several" means "more than one or two but not by many". This is hardly new. Earlier in this gargantuan thread (which will probably be 7000 pages or something by the end), I think I predicted late 2013 or some time in 2014 as the most likely time of release (with 2014 being the most likely), with maybe a cinematic "teaser" for SSB4 that uses little-to-no in-game assets premiering at E3 2012.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Ridley was SO controversial in Brawl that the thought of his inclusion made so many smash fans angry to create their own rediculous set of rules such as "He's too big."

Similarly Geno created SUCH a backlash that people had to make "Anti-Geno" fanclubs and created the "Relevancy rule"
My reasoning against Ridley is not size, but the fact that he's so powerful, has zero personality, and should be a boss at most in the new smash.

My reasoning against Ridley is not size, but the fact that he's so powerful, has zero personality, and should be a boss at most in the new smash.
You think they'll make him imbalanced?

Ike had broken stats so they made him slow in Brawl. They can do the same to Ridley. Zero personality? Tell that to Zelda from Twilight Princess. There are A LOT of Ridley supporters here so I suggest you keep quiet about Ridley.

It's not cause of the relevancy rule. It's cause Geno is not important to the Mario series.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
You think they'll make him imbalanced?

Ike had broken stats so they made him slow in Brawl. They can do the same to Ridley. Zero personality? Tell that to Zelda from Twilight Princess.
Zelda's personality is that she's a "helpless" maiden in almost all of the games. I can't speak for Twilight Princess because my Wii broke before I completed it. Ridley's already slow to begin with. Face it, he's simply boss material and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom