• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

but mewtwo is too old, and zoroark hasn't been living up to the hype thus far. we'll see what happens. But I don't disagree with the claim that lucario is most likely to be gone... though I think the whole brawl roster should come back.
But both Mewtwo and Zoroark are still popular, and neither Riolu nor Lucario have really had much in spotlight in the game since Platinum version. Mewtwo had the Cerulean Cave's return in the Gen II remakes, and Zoroark had an in-game event each for itself and its pre-evolved form.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Aiyyo Steam I'm uploading videos from a recent tourney, you should see me almost get reverse 3 stocked because all I wanted to do was Usmash plus the trash talk I had to hear with people touching me LOL.

Steam

Smash Hero
But both Mewtwo and Zoroark are still popular, and neither Riolu nor Lucario have really had much in spotlight in the game since Platinum version. Mewtwo had the Cerulean Cave's return in the Gen II remakes, and Zoroark had an in-game event each for itself and its pre-evolved form.
I wouldn't underestimate the newer gen. Lucario is still highly popular as well. as is zoroark silently. but I think we'll see what happens :0

Chris the Ripper

Banned via Administration
Well I think Hitmanchan and Hitmanlee deserved to be in brawl or the new ssb.(idk if thats how to spell their names)

D

Deleted member

How you theorycrafted this up I don't even know.

Please watch a video of Mewtwo then Lucario and PLEASE tell me how they are anything alike.

I just got done playing Melee with Mewtwo for lulz and the Lucario in Brawl. LOL what is this
Maybe their sets aren't that similar, though I see similarities between Confusion and Force Palm for whatever.

That being said, I still think Lucario will be the first to go. If a popular Pokemon can be cut (seriously, on that poll for Melee's roster linked a while back, he had the most votes of any character who didn't appear in Brawl and wasn't named James Bond), then an advertisement Pokemon surely will be.

I wouldn't underestimate the newer gen. Lucario is still highly popular as well
But the fans (and Nintendo) will probably have interest in those who have appeared more recently.

And as much as I hate to say it, people aren't nearly as quick to pass over the first 251 Pokemon as the newer Pokemon.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Lucario shares one move with mewtwo. and plays completetly differently. if anything it's mewtwo based off of yoshi and ne-*shot*

but mewtwo is too old, and zoroark hasn't been living up to the hype thus far. we'll see what happens. But I don't disagree with the claim that lucario is most likely to be gone... though I think the whole brawl roster should come back.
How is Mewtwo similar to Yoshi? The tail animation has nothing do with it, I don't see so.

And the only way I could see all Brawl vets returning is if they got updated/modified movesets, balanced better etc..otherwise expect to see more cut characters.

cough*L...r..*cough**

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I'm praying that toad becomes a playable character in this game. I've been practicing my reasoning and aliby for awhile.

I imagine some characters in the game to have their battle styles swapped at the CSS. For example, Pit has the classic version (Brawl moveset) then it can be changed to a moveset with his longsword & gun from Uprising. The battle styles would be unlockable.

One character I expect to be playable would be the MII! Sakurai wants to have customizable characters in this game. Some of us wouldn't have thought about it because of how we unlocked the Wii to make characters in Brawl.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Maybe their sets aren't that similar, though I see similarities between Confusion and Force Palm for whatever.

That being said, I still think Lucario will be the first to go. If a popular Pokemon can be cut (seriously, on that poll for Melee's roster linked a while back, he had the most votes of any character who didn't appear in Brawl and wasn't named James Bond), then an advertisement Pokemon surely will be.
I don't doubt this, but remember Mewtwo was intended for brawl. There are two dummy files on Brawl proving so. There are no victory themes or any other mentioned things you've heard in here.

I asked a hacker myself and can get the thread link if you want.

Chris the Ripper

I'm praying that toad becomes a playable character in this game. I've been practicing my reasoning and aliby for awhile.

I imagine some characters in the game to have their battle styles swapped at the CSS. For example, Pit has the classic version (Brawl moveset) then it can be changed to a moveset with his longsword & gun from Uprising. The battle styles would be unlockable.

One character I expect to be playable would be the MII! Sakurai wants to have customizable characters in this game. Some of us wouldn't have thought about it because of how we unlocked the Wii to make characters in Brawl.
OMG GUY,I totally forgot about the Miis.They're a shoe in for SSB4

Steam

Smash Hero
mewtwo has a similar DJ, and shakes his *** at everything.

and all brawl characters have sufficiently different movesets/physics outside of lucas/ness :/

@StB- lucario IS more than an advertising pokemon. he went better than expected and is very well known. I have the feeling he'll be around for awhile. but there's no point in debating it anymore. it's a dead topic.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How is Mewtwo similar to Yoshi? The tail animation has nothing do with it, I don't see so.

And the only way I could see all Brawl vets returning is if they got updated/modified movesets, balanced better etc..otherwise expect to see more cut characters.

cough*L...r..*cough**
It also makes no sense that Mewtwo, weighing 269 lbs., would be lighter than Charizard, Ivysaur, and Lucario; those three Pokemon don't even weigh over 200 lbs., and yet they're heavier than Mario.

D

Deleted member

I don't doubt this, but remember Mewtwo was intended for brawl. There are two dummy files on Brawl proving so. There are no victory themes or any other mentioned things you've heard in here.

I asked a hacker myself and can get the thread link if you want.
I am aware of this. That being said, I've no idea how this affects my statement, so...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
ivysaur weighs 18 pounds

lucario weighs like 118

they weigh the exact same in brawl
Which is one of the reason people gave Brawl so much hate. The physics were mediocre and unbalanced as ****.

That Zelda game looks very interesting, who will the main villain be if it's a prequel to the origin?

D

Deleted member

mewtwo has a similar DJ, and shakes his *** at everything.
That's like calling Marth a Link clone for using swords and jumping the same way.

@StB- lucario IS more than an advertising pokemon. he went better than expected and is very well known. I have the feeling he'll be around for awhile. but there's no point in debating it anymore. it's a dead topic.
He's very well known to modern Pokemon fans, Smash Bros. players, and little else. The fact that he also has a lot of haters among both fanbases says a lot.

-_________-

Ok making it brief.

Mewtwo wasn't intended to be cut.
Again, I am fully aware of that. The fact that was says something, though. I'm just not sure what. Advertising is more important than popular characters? I've no idea.

Steam

Smash Hero
haters mean nothing in smash... all you need is people wanting to play you. and I'd figure that pokemon fans and smash bros. players are a good target audience for a pokemon in a smash bros. game.

Chris the Ripper

Wow,Zelda is the most repetitive game out their,yet it still sells thousands.wtf?I'd prefer a new game with new characters over Zelda

Chris the Ripper

Mewtwo doesn't get flinch resistance when it mid-air jumps.

It is NOT a clone of anyone. End of subject. Bye-bye.
*Re-starts subject* Mewtwo and Lucario are both awesome and they should both make it in.Mewtwo mabey a semi-new secert character in the new ssb ,you never know. *ends subject*

D

Deleted member

and I'd figure that pokemon fans and smash bros. players are a good target audience for a pokemon in a smash bros. game.
Former Pokemon fans take a large chunk of the franchise's sales, I'd think they'd rather see a Pokemon they know than a somewhat recent Wesley.

melee fox and falco def aren't even close to clones :-0
They're not close. They're the definition.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What would people think if trophies come back. They have become a staple in the Smash Bros. series, so I see them returning.

Also, the Coin Launcher should come back too.

Chris the Ripper

I bet Dasiy will be a new character for Ssb4 but with a completely different moveset than Peach. So will Waluigi.Also,Rob will be cut. Its super obvious. Even though he has his own moveset,i think he was just an add-on from the SSE.

Steam

Smash Hero
He does have a point, Mewtwo may have similar animations but isn't nothing like Yoshi or Ness.

Let's just drop this Mewtwo/Lucario nonsense already.:glare:
fox and falco in melee have similar animations. with different properties.

but they are clones?

y'all just mad mewtwo was designed horribly in melee

D

Deleted member

fox and falco in melee have similar animations. with different properties.
For the most part, their moves look the same and act the same, with very slight differences.

That's pretty much exactly a clone is.

Mewtwo and Yoshi only have a few moves in common. I mean, for Smash attacks, Yoshi headbutts and Mewtwo uses Psychic energy. Hitboxes are way different, power is different, etc. Not even close to being the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom