• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
And yes, I would just make Falco a clone costume for fox. I added Mewtwo for a lot of reasons, the most important is that he was unique, and really I loved his Melee moveset. Lucario is getting cut IMO, and Mewtwo is a perfectly good choice in his place.
I agree with this, Falco had been proven to be a clone/luigified character, there's no way Sakurai will change his playstyle since it has already been established, there no sense for him to do so, Wolf on the other has potential and can be changed for the better.

As for Mewtwo, yes I will admit that I've always liked Mewtwo as a character regardless of what he was in Melee, but seeing how he functioned in Melee he definetly deserves a second shot because of his uniqueness.

IMO Lucario on the other hand was just a cheap knockoff and wanted to replace Mewtwo but failed hard, he was simply put in Brawl because of his movie, Mewtwo on the other hand had always been popular with the fans regardless of having a movie or not.

Steam

Smash Hero
the above post hurts so much. lolol

I'll just say this to sum up my thoughts

I'd say I'll never understand the reasoning behind anyone who cuts out Lucario and puts in Mewtwo, but I've heard it all before, so I know why. That being said, its still profoundly stupid to me, and will only lead to more problems, and just seems so short sited. It just contradicts itself too much for me to dwell on. Either way though, I'm sure its not going to happen, so whatever.
BTW mewtwo probably isn't as "unique" as lucario/Zoroark would be in smash. Mewtwo is pretty much a mix of yoshi and ness/lucas. Zoroark has his illusion and lucario has his aura. Aura has already been implemented to create a very unique character.

and saying mewtwo is more popular now is probably wrong unless you use a narrow scope and only look at the older gen of fans. he's also had multiple movies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Why would anyone want to remove Falco?! He was changed into a semi-clone in Brawl, which actually improved him.

Sometimes I can't understand clone haters, let alone, semi-clone haters.

OmegaXXII

No, steam's posts hurts even worse!

And no, I'm not hating on semi-clone characters, don't take it the wrong way, I just feel falco just plays WAY too similar to Fox, even if he's semi-cloned.

In all honesty I would rather ditch both Wolf and Falco and gladly replace them with Krystal? Why you ask? Simple, because it would end any possibility of getting a semi-cloned character, with Krystal we would definetly be offered something unique.

Don't get me wrong, I love Wolf as character, he's a great antagonist to the Fox series plus unlike Falco has room for change IMO.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
the above post hurts so much. lolol

I'll just say this to sum up my thoughts

BTW mewtwo probably isn't as "unique" as lucario/Zoroark would be in smash. Mewtwo is pretty much a mix of yoshi and ness/lucas. Zoroark has his illusion and lucario has his aura. Aura has already been implemented to create a very unique character.
A. Mewtwo isn't a Yoshi/Ness clone. Let's end that right here.

B. "Aura" was executed mediocre at best. all they did was add glowing effects to his little kicks, and give him a chargable blast that was blue.

C. Illusion is just a lame ability for a Smash Bros character to have. So until you give me evidence that this ability would work well in smash bros, I won't consider him suitable. I prefer Victini.

and saying mewtwo is more popular now is probably wrong unless you use a narrow scope and only look at the older gen of fans. he's also had multiple movies.
This is just wrong. So shush. No one wants to hear your Mewtwo/Lucario rant. That convo was over hours ago and it didn't even revolve around those two characters for long.

Why would you WANT a character that isn't unique? I can't understand, scratch that, almost everyone I know doesn't understand clone supporters?

GO REPETITIVE GAMEPLAY!
LAZY CHARACTER DESIGNING FTW!
SAME ATTACKS ROCK!

It's like, what? Wolf deserves to be Wolf, not a knock off.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Why would anyone want to remove Falco?! He was changed into a semi-clone in Brawl, which actually improved him.

Thank you finally someone who agrees!! Falco does not need to be replaced; heck in brawl he didn't feel like a clone of fox to me.

Steam

Smash Hero
A. Mewtwo isn't a Yoshi/Ness clone. Let's end that right here.

B. "Aura" was executed mediocre at best. all they did was add glowing effects to his little kicks, and give him a chargable blast that was blue.

C. Illusion is just a lame ability for a Smash Bros character to have. So until you give me evidence that this ability would work well in smash bros, I won't consider him suitable. I prefer Victini.

This is just wrong. So shush. No one wants to hear your Mewtwo/Lucario rant. That convo was over hours ago and it didn't even revolve around those two characters for long.
A. you gave no reasons. cool. I see a mewtwo/ yoshi that attacks with his tail a lot and a ness/mewtwo that throws with telekinesis and is floaty and has a huge DJ and has other PSI powers.

B. it also extends his hitboxes, and he hits with the blue fire. there's also how his strength grows when he's at high damage

C. They'll probably figure something out

D. it's not wrong... I've really done more to prove that lucario is more popular today than likewise. google battle shows they have a similar number of overall hits (luc has slightly more). mewtwo has had 10 more years to get said hits... suggesting that in the last five years lucario has been much more relevant/discussed/overall popular on the internet. it's a much broader scope than some IGN poll.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
A. you gave no reasons. cool. I see a mewtwo/ yoshi that attacks with his tail a lot and a ness/mewtwo that throws with telekinesis and is floaty and has a huge DJ and has other PSI powers.
That doesn't make them clones. Besides, I'm looking at mostly there B moves when i'm discussing clones.

C. They'll probably figure something out
One can only hope.

D. it's not wrong... I've really done more to prove that lucario is more popular today than likewise. google battle shows they have a similar number of overall hits (luc has slightly more). mewtwo has had 10 more years to get said hits... suggesting that in the last five years lucario has been much more relevant/discussed/overall popular on the internet. it's a much broader scope than some IGN poll.
No. Use your head. Mewtwo has had a constant stream of fans since his debut in Pokemon RBY. Lucario has had a decent amount of fans since his debut Diamond/Pearl. Mewtwo has more fans. Simple math proves that. I don't suggest using google battle to prove anyone's popularity. If you ask around this board, you will find more Mewtwo fans than Lucario fans, I promise you.

Steam

Smash Hero
That doesn't make them clones. Besides, I'm looking at mostly there B moves when i'm discussing clones.

No. Use your head. Mewtwo has had a constant stream of fans since his debut in Pokemon RBY. Lucario has had a decent amount of fans since his debut Diamond/Pearl. Mewtwo has more fans. Simple math proves that. I don't suggest using google battle to prove anyone's popularity. If you ask around this board, you will find more Mewtwo fans than Lucario fans, I promise you.
B moves aren't even a quarter of the moves a character has

Mewtwo has not has a constant stream of fans. he had a huge ammount of fans way back when. and some of them get tired of M2 and move on (what I did). but a good ammount of those fans from 98 still stick around. most kids who get into pokemon at gen3 don't become big fans of m2. Lucario did a similar thing as mewtwo at a smaller level, win all the hearts of the kids jumping into the series. though due to time, mewtwo's popularity is overall lower.

google battle would be much better than smashboards to show popularity. as it ecompasses the entire internet. Smashboards mainly has people from the older gen because of the ages of most of the members, who will tend to favor mewtwo because they got into pokemon early. but if you asked a group of 12 year olds it would probably be different. most of the new pokemon fans are even younger than mewtwo. so they won't really know/care about him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
B moves aren't even a quarter of the moves a character has
And yet you are supporting the idea of clones? . . . Why?

I refuse to argue with you about Mewtwo and Lucario. It is the lowest form of entertainment on this whole site.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Oh for the love of-

Mewtwo/Lucario discussion again, eh? I still like my idea best..;

Pikachu
Pkm Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario
Victini.

Thats three gens repped, jiggly if replaced by Victini for a cute type as she wasn't contributing anything anyhow. Mewtwo is back, Lucario stays around. Boom. Four gens if PKM trainer has diff starters.

Steam

Smash Hero
Oh for the love of-

Mewtwo/Lucario discussion again, eh? I still like my idea best..;

Pikachu
Pkm Trainer
Mewtwo
Lucario
Victini.

Thats three gens repped, jiggly if replaced by Victini for a cute type as she wasn't contributing anything anyhow. Mewtwo is back, Lucario stays around. Boom. Four gens if PKM trainer has diff starters.

would be a good wishlist. sadly it just doesn't seem feasible :/

@shortie- thx<3

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Besides Steam (since I know you main Lucario) how many of you actually know the real mechanics behind aura besides "LOOK ITS BLUE GLOWING STUF JUS LIYKE MEWTO'S PURPUL GLOWIN TINGS"

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
google battle would be much better than smashboards to show popularity. as it ecompasses the entire internet. Smashboards mainly has people from the older gen because of the ages of most of the members, who will tend to favor mewtwo because they got into pokemon early.
Do you realize how subjective your "evidence" really is? Lucario is almost tied with a decade old Pokémon. Not much of an accomplishment.

When it comes to Smash, my favorite Pokémon was Pichu.

OmegaXXII

I agree with shortiecanbrawl on all counts, semi-cloned or cloned for that matter need to either get completly new movesets or be cut.

I'd rather see a character such as Tingle who would offer uniqueness than a lousy Luigified version of Fox.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Idk which is worse, people still calling Falco a clone or saying the Aura wasn't executed well.
His B moves are all knock offs of Fox's moves. This is true. It also bugs me. I also dgaf about discussing Lucario's Aura, or Mewtwo being popular any longer. The topic is ****.

Say what you want and call Falco what you like, a lot of people are still not satisfied with what we got from Falco/Wolf/Lucas ect.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
His B moves are all knock offs of Fox's moves. This is true. It also bugs me. I also dgaf about discussing Lucario's Aura, or Mewtwo being popular any longer. The topic is ****.
So are Wolf's...and when you think about the series they are like Mario and Luigi so idk what the problem is.

Also then you shouldn't talk about his mechanics if you don't the such. LOL

EDIT: Maybe you aren't happy but I don't see complaints from most people.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice

Say what you want and call Falco what you like, a lot of people are still not satisfied with what we got from Falco/Wolf/Lucas ect.
Falco is no clone of Fox. his blaster stuns, Fox's doesn't. He throws his deflecter out, fox doesn't. The only thing which is the same about them is their up B's. Even their smash attacks and A combos are different. Falco and Fox aren't clones.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I find talking with him being not a rational thing if he is going to be childish about it lol

He speaks as if his word is end all to be all.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So are Wolf's...and when you think about the series they are like Mario and Luigi so idk what the problem is.
I know. It's stupid. They shouldn't have to be. The only reason I think Luigi can stay as is is because he was literally a color swap of mario at one point.

Do you think Toon Link should stay a clone of Adult Link?

Also then you shouldn't talk about his mechanics if you don't the such. LOL
First off, what?

Secondly, it's my opinion that Lucario's aura is lame.

EDIT: Maybe you aren't happy but I don't see complaints from most people.
Then you must not be on this thread that often.

OmegaXXII

Falco is no clone of Fox. his blaster stuns, Fox's doesn't. He throws his deflecter out, fox doesn't. The only thing which is the same about them is their up B's. Even their smash attacks and A combos are different. Falco and Fox aren't clones.
Clearly they are NOT the same, but I will tell you one thing, Falco's moves are based and inspired by Fox's, heck if you ever play their games you would know that Fox and Falco trained under the same academy.

What I'm trying to say is that even though there are minor or sone differences both Fox and Falco play way too similar regardless of knockback, damage, reflectors etc...

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
I know. It's stupid. They shouldn't have to be. The only reason I think Luigi can stay as is is because he was literally a color swap of mario at one point.

First off, what?

In a way it makes sense for a younger Link to be a clone of the older. In the legend of Zelda games they move around the same and carry a lot of the same projectiles.

Steam

Smash Hero
you've already made it clear you hate everything about him. but saying aura wasn't implemented well... is kinda hard to defend lol.

@starphoenix- Mewtwo has had 15 more years to aquire hits. lucario has had 5. being older is an advantage in something that encompasses all time.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

First off, what?

Ok let's make this simple.

You're first statement doesn't help what you are saying what so ever and contradicts yourself.

No I don't because in their series they play very differently. Fox and Falco don't though, they have as much differences in Brawl as they have had in their games.

First off I said, shut up if you don't know anything about the mechanics of something.

Secondly, that's your opinion true, but I'm sure all you think of it as a visual thing when you probably don't anything more about it past that.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Clearly they are NOT the same, but I will tell you one thing, Falco's moves are based and inspired by Fox's, heck if you ever play their games you would know that Fox and Falco trained under the same academy.

What I'm trying to say is that even though there are minor or sone differences both Fox and Falco play way too similar regardless of knockback, damage, reflectors etc...
Yes they do play similar, but they aren't clones. and you are right, they are a team, so in reality they should play similairly.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
you've already made it clear you hate everything about him. but saying aura wasn't implemented well... is kinda hard to defend lol.
And that's soley your fault Steam.

In a way it makes sense for a younger Link to be a clone of the older. In the legend of Zelda games they move around the same and carry a lot of the same projectiles.
Toon Link is not a Younger Link. Him and all the adult links are from different points in time. You don't need me to tell you that he has tons of potential moves based off all his items in the Toon Link series of games.

Fox and Falco don't though, they have as much differences in Brawl as they have had in their games.
This is where we differ on opinions here. You like the idea of them being Similar because they trained under the same whatever the StarFox characters were trained under. But I've played assault and seen the weapons Falco COULD use in smash, but just doesn't. Bazooka's grenades, Arwings, Gatlin guns. all for the taking, yet he stays similar to Fox. He isn't as unique as he should be IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom