• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

DAMN popular in the Pokémon community and fanbase? Yes
DAMN popular in the smash community and fanbase? Not quite.
Oh really? Then who was the most requested Pokemon during Brawl's development. I'm pretty sure Lucario was greatly supported. Otherwise, your later points are moot.

You are overestimating Lucario's smash bros popularity (the only popularity that matters in smash) pre-Brawl. I was here for that. Lucario was one of the top 5 most wanted Brawl potential Nintendo-owned newcomers (or at least near that). However, Lucario wasn't as hugely popular as you say. Diddy Kong, King Dedede, and probably even Ridley and Ike were all much more popular smash bros character choices than Lucario was.
EXCUSE ME?! The only popularity that matters for Smash is the Smash popularity? So, you're saying, that outside popularity had NOTHING to do with Smash popularity? So pretty much, as long as a mass of people think so and so would be cool and request him, their voice is all that matters?
So what do you call Jigglypuff? A fluke?
How about Ness and Lucas? More flukes?
Marth?

So, hypothetically, if say, Groose were to suddenly be super mega popular to the point that everyone and their grandma wants him in Smash, he should get in?

Lucario was much less popular than Victini is now at this point in the Brawl development. There was definitely considerable hype for him, but Lucario was hugely overshadowed by Diddy Kong and King Dedede. I can't overemphasize that. Diddy Kong and King Dedede were huge. Like, almost as huge as Ridley (which makes him too big for Brawl). :cool:
And Zoroark and Victini are heavily overshadowed by Ridley, K. Rool, and Mega Man. Most of Victini's supporters are just anti-Zoroark, which is the basis for why they want Victini in the first place.

That's from the Pokémon fanbase, not the smash bros fanbase. The reason Chandelure is popular is because it is OP (I guess that also made Lucario somewhat more popular). :laugh: What smash bros fans want in a new Pokémon is either Zoroark, Victini, Genesect, or a 6th Generation Pokémon. Again, smash is for smash/Nintendo fans, not Pokémon fans, and most of them, when choosing a new Pokémon newcomer option, would choose the options I gave.
Do you think if people were given the option back in the day, that they would've agreed to Jigglypuff? Jigglypuff's main point of being added was because it was the 2nd most popular Pokemon of Japan, with Pikachu being the 1st (who was made the mascot as a result and included in Smash as well).
If Lucario wasn't as popular in the Smash community as you say he wasn't, then why was he included? Clearly, Sakurai and GameFreak didn't listen to the "Smash community" and looked to the Pokemon community on who is "popular". That, and GameFreak was milking Lucario already by hyping him in the series before and after the 4th Generation.

yani

Smash Lord
Dammm no luck with the Waluigi trophy :(. got Celebi and a few new stickers though. I used up like 4,500 coins and did a quick All-Star run. No luck yet. I'll try again tomorrow.. er.. later today

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I wish they would do an anime for Smash Bros similar what they for the Pichu Bros. in Pokemon Channel, I'd love that so much :love:

Better yet, why not have Smash TV/a fun little Easter Egg with all those stations on there (Slowpoke Channel, Shop N Squirtle, Wobbuffet Quiz Show, etc)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Loved Apex. I sawwwwwwwwwwwww someone named Ripple play a mean DK. Was cool. Towards the end though it was all Falco/Marths and I got a lot less excited.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Loved Apex. I sawwwwwwwwwwwww someone named Ripple play a mean DK. Was cool. Towards the end though it was all Falco/Marths and I got a lot less excited.

I was rooting for DK the whole way through, points plus for some diversity.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Iblis, c'mon brah, you KNOW I always gots good reasons to justify myself :cool:

They wouldn't be a full-fledged ANIME, obviously, they'd be little shorts (like the Pichu Bros one I was talking about). I dunno if you've ever played Pokemon Channel, though, hence why you responded the way you did

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SHORTIE, Apex has been amazing so far! Ripple is one of my homies, he plays a scary DK in Brawl and Melee! I hope he makes it far. He has a 100$ team money match Illmaticwith against Will and Nicole.

D

Deleted member

Arms? Legs? Nope.
Ivysaur didn't use his 4 legs for combat He used an alternative; vines. And R.O.B. has no legs either, lol. R.O.B.'s arms aren't all the flexible either. Like the ends on a Chandelure, which I've seen used as arms in PokePark Wii 2.

Boss material or Stage material. NEVER playable.
And why is that? And don't say "too big" as Zekrom is 9 ft while Reshiram is 10 ft. Ganondorf has GOT to be at least 8 ft in Twilight Princess (not Brawl).

I agree with these, but at present time, V and Z have more odds of appearing.
In all honesty, I see Zoroark more than Victini if anything. I used to believe Victini had a chance, but at this point, I can tell Zoroark has the advantage.

I once voted for him like you. Then I got fanman'd to the knee.
I'm not voting for him. Just saying he also has a legitimate shot.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
-Image removed-

But yeah, I's goin' to bed nao, see y'all tomorrow :cool:

*insert whining about how no one gives two ****s about what I just said, allowing others THAT WILL REMAIN UNNAMED to poke fun at the inserted statement because of how whiny it sounds*

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
TO BE COMPLETELY HONEST RIGHT NOW! IF I HAD A BAG OF ****S I WOULDNT GIVE ONE ABOUT THESE DAMN CHARACTERS DEBATES.

Yo, SHORTIE, N, APEX WAS LIVE AS HELL RIGHT????

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
So anyone mind telling me what the Acronyms in APEX stand for?

Surely they're not implying their the best fighting game like their at the tip of the spear?

I saw folks gettin raw and creative to say the least.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes, and I've seen Ripple playing as well. Beat the living **** out of EVERYTHING with his DK. Big up to him. Tell him that

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Yo man, whats with M2K and armada? I totally missed that match but can somebody say overkill?

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
M2K and Armada are such a broken team rofl.

How 'bout that match with Isai, though? Trolled the entire community.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
One of these days I'll join an actual tournament. But until then I can only dream (and get jealous :p).

Wow, 22 people are viewing the thread right now. That's gotta be a new record.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tell him not to use Roy lol

His DK is clearly superior. Not that his Roy isn't good or anything

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
One of these days I'll join an actual tournament. But until then I can only dream (and get jealous :p).

Lets not be one of them nerds in the back though, sharpen your skills so they can troll you on camera.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'ma get in contact with Amsah if I can, dude lives close enough to me

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Tell him not to use Roy lol

His DK is clearly superior. Not that his Roy isn't good or anything
Haha, I'll try to contact him!

Try joining and practicing soon than later my boy!

M2K and Armada are such a broken team rofl.

How 'bout that match with Isai, though? Trolled the entire community.
yeah, probably the 2 best melee players. Broken team for sure.

Lets not be one of them nerds in the back though, sharpen your skills so they can troll you on camera.
LOL, def don't be that.

@KUMA: AIYYO SON, I KNOW YOU GOT SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THIS

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't know anything about how the matches work, I thought Ripple is already out? Or is it not that kind of tourney?

I can only hope Smash4 gives a lot more viable options in terms of characters.

I really want Bowser to become more usable, and Jiggs to get her sing together. Kind of is silly that what Jiggs is known for isn't even a usable move.

ANNNND, I think he lost twice, yes. Once to this guy, and then that guy lost to another guy, and then he played that guy as his Dk and then his Roy, and lost both times.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Sometimes its single sometimes its double elimination. Really depends on how many matches they're trying to churn though.

Another factor could be if they decide to go through with a loser's bracket.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Who are the nerds in the back though? Those people watching?

Dat DK though... <3 definitely won't be giving up on mah Melee main

And yes, variation would be nice indeed

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh really? Then who was the most requested Pokemon during Brawl's development. I'm pretty sure Lucario was greatly supported. Otherwise, your later points are moot.
I'm talking about compared to other potential newcomer characters in smash. You aren't even understanding what I am saying.

Pre-Brawl in the Pokémon series, Lucario was the most popular Pokémon.
Pre-Brawl in smash bros, Diddy Kong and King Dedede were more popular potential newcomer choices. I didn't say anything about other Pokémon; stop pretending I did. There was never any argument; Lucario was definitely the most popular Pokémon with future Brawl players then, by far.

EXCUSE ME?! The only popularity that matters for Smash is the Smash popularity? So, you're saying, that outside popularity had NOTHING to do with Smash popularity? So pretty much, as long as a mass of people think so and so would be cool and request him, their voice is all that matters?
Again, popularity is one of about half a dozen factors in choosing a character. I said that later on in my post if you bothered reading it. Stop reading one sentence of mine and translating me saying as that is the only thing that matters.
So, hypothetically, if say, Groose were to suddenly be super mega popular to the point that everyone and their grandma wants him in Smash, he should get in?
No, but that helps whatever the heck a Groose is chances. Again, Jigglypuff was justified by a half dozen reasons I mentioned (which are based on something Sakurai said about how a character gets in smash in response to the Japanese Brawl poll/character post he had), and you focus on one like it was the only one I said.

And Zoroark and Victini are heavily overshadowed by Ridley, K. Rool, and Mega Man.
Mega Man is a different story because he is 3rd party. But yes, Victini and Zoroark probably aren't as popular as K. Rool and Ridley; maybe Dixie Kong, too. I would not, however, say they are as hugely overshadowed as Lucario was from King Dedede and Diddy Kong, because their fans were angry about being excluded from Melee. While many (myself included) were angry about Ridley being excluded from Brawl, Ridley simply isn't as popular as King Dedede or Diddy Kong.
Most of Victini's supporters are just anti-Zoroark, which is the basis for why they want Victini in the first place.
Most anti-Zoroark and anti-Victini are opposed to them because they realize that most likely (unless the 6th Generation interferes) battle for a roster spot. It's kinda like how in sports two teams in the same division hate each other in the last game of the season when they are fighting for one playoff spot. They don't hate the other because they are "evil" or anything. Rather, they hate them because they are in their way.
Do you think if people were given the option back in the day, that they would've agreed to Jigglypuff? Jigglypuff's main point of being added was because it was the 2nd most popular Pokemon of Japan, with Pikachu being the 1st (who was made the mascot as a result and included in Smash as well).
Jigglypuff back then was somewhere around the 2nd most well-known/popular character worldwide. Plus, again, it wasn't just all about being popular, as I said. Stop focusing on one thing I said instead of the bulk of what I said.
If Lucario wasn't as popular in the Smash community as you say he wasn't, then why was he included?
Oh my God, read my post. Stop twisting my words. If you twist my words like this the next time, I just will ignore you. Lucario was included because he fits all the criteria Sakurai listed with flying colors. Being the most popular "new" Pokémon with Nintendo fans and potential Brawl buyers/players only helps that.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
I usually can't stomach watching too much Brawl after being exposed to Melee like this, really just way too slow for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom