• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Lol, I see my message to Vaztor about his Ridley blog has been mentioned....

Also, to those that say Tingle doesn't have a moveset, I've made one that truly captures his personality and capabilities.

Neutral Combo: Two wimpy styled punches.

Neutral Forward: Two handed knuckler. Similar animation to last attack in Luigi’s Dash Attack.

Dash Attack: Faceplant. Works like Kirby’s Dash Attack in SSB64.

Neutral Up: Double fist up. Similar to Ness’ Neutral Up, but with fists.

Neutral Down: Russian Kick Dance. If used in excess, he does the actual dance, so it technically does two hits per full Neutral Down.

Forward Smash: Smashes his large head forward.

Up Smash: Flips map upward. It’s flipped like Mario’s Cape, and similar, but not too similar to Mr. Game & Watch’s Neutral Up.

Down Smash: 2 Jumping Jacks facing the camera.

Neutral Air: Ballerina spin.

Forward Air: Whacks forward with rolled up map.

Back Air: Kicks both feet back in a Superman pose.

Up Air: Pokes up with his pen/paintbrush/whatever he draws maps with.

Down Air: Midair Irish Jig dance.

Forward Throw: A cartoonish dust cloud forms around Tingle and his opponent as he beats them down while clouded. Think of old cartoon violence. This is used in Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland.

Up Throw: Tosses the opponent up, and jumps up, hitting his opponent with the point on his head.

Back Throw: Turns, lays the opponent down, then punts them like a football.

Down Throw: Flings his opponent down and starts beating their head as if throwing a tantrum. (This refers to if he uses it on another Tingle. If on someone else, he hits where Tingle’s head WOULD be.)

Neutral Special: Rupee Toss- Tingle tosses a single large Rupee forward. Damage and knockback depend on the Rupee’s color.

Forward Special: Tingle Bomb- Tingle pulls out a Tingle Tuner and with it, he tosses bombs that detonate on contact with anything. They are weaker than Link’s or Toon Link’s Bombs, but he can toss more than one bomb at a time. I am still debating whether or not the explosion should not harm the user.

Up Special: Balloon- Tingle pops out a balloon, gets a good leap with it, then gently floats down. The leap is exceptionally good compared to other Up Specials, but his balloon can be popped. If it’s popped, Tingle falls while in helpless mode and takes damage from the pop itself.

Down Special: Kooloo-Limpah- Tingle does his signature dance, and the confetti (or sparkles; not sure which one to do) does any of the following effects for 5 seconds: Make the opponent trip uncontrollably, fall asleep, dizzy, move slower, or reverses movement controls. This won’t work on someone already under these symptoms. The confetti/sparkles are tossed at both sides in front of Tingle’s feet.

Final Smash: Rupee Rain- Like in the Final Boss fight of Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland, Tingle gains a bubble over his head and a pink suit, and he is able to fly around and able to shoot multiple different colored small Rupees. The Rupee shots kind of work like Tabuu’s bullet rain, while making contact with Tingle HIMSELF is where the KO potential comes from. The Rupees are used to hold the opponents in place and damage them, while ramming them is what can kill them.
thx bro this helps alot for tingle movesets^>^

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Majora's Mask Tingle > Any other Tingle

In a serious point though, Tingle is pretty much like the Balloon Fighter; limited with their moveset options.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
He is my roster.
It does have wishful thinking but here it is none the less.

Mario Characters:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Rosalina
Bowser
Fawful

Donkey Kong Characters:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Yoshi Characters:
Yoshi

Wario Characters:
Wario
Waluigi

Zelda Characters:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Ghirahim
Toon Link

Metroid Characters:
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

Kid Icarus Characters:
Pit
Medusa

Ice Climber Characters:
Ice Climbers

Punch Out Characters:
Little Mac

Golden Sun Characters:
Isaac

Kirby Characters:
Kirby
Metaknight
King Dedede

Pikmin Characters:
Olimar

Star Fox Characters:
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

F-Zero Characters:
Captain Falcon

Pokemon Characters:
Pikachu
Kanto Trainer (Squitle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
Johto Trainer (Chikorita, Quilava, Feraligatr)
Mewtwo
Zoroark
Jigglypuff

Fire Emblem Characters:
Marth
Ike
Krom

Mother Characters:
Ness
Lucas

Other Characters:
R.O.B.
Mr. Game & Watch

Third Party:

Konami:
Solid Snake
Raiden

Sega:
Sonic
Robotnik

Capcom:
Megaman
Amaterasu (Okami)

Square Enix:
Chrono
Neku (TWEWY creator wants him in)
Cloud Strife
Sephiroth
Kefka Palazzo

Total: 56
Plus Transformations: 62

The Square Enix Characters besides Chrono & Neku are all wishful thinking on my part.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Am I the only one that notices that Chrome practically has the same face (eyes, nose, expression, facial structure) as Ike (especially Brawl's Ike)?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@UberPyro64: As much as I like Rosalina, her inclusion is highly doubtful at this point. Also, Bowser Jr. and Toad make better choices than Fawful.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one that notices that Chrome practically has the same face (eyes, nose, expression, facial structure) as Ike (especially Brawl's Ike)?
I haven't. But if so, why are they trying to make him Ike 2.0 instead of his own character?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I haven't. But if so, why are they trying to make him Ike 2.0 instead of his own character?
I have kept saying that despite Ike being famous due to Brawl, his games were among the poorest selling in the series (with the only other game in the series selling as poorly as his being Thracia 776). Marth will always be famous due to how he was the first lord and how much Monsho no Nazo is considered a classic in Japan.

If you look at the cover of FE12 (second DS Fire Emblem), you will notice that the my unit on the cover is a mercenary type unit with a similar outfit as Ike.

It seems as though Intelligent Systems wants to make the "mercenrary" lord an archetype for the Fire Emblem series.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
No one has anything else to say about my observation pertaining to Chrome (and how IS seems to be pushing the mercenary-lord as a new arche-type).

D

Deleted member

That's just relevancy crap. Saki had her own game before brawl, her boat sailed.
Last I checked, Saki's game was before Smash 64. And that he was a boy.

I would love to see where he got a sex change before producing his son, Isa.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What do you want people to say, Chrono. Since IS is pushing for mercenary type lords, they'll be supportive of Chrome replacing Ike in Smash? :troll:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
If Chrome replaces Ike it'll be another Mewtwo vs. Lucario. =P

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Here's what I want to know. How did he get a sex change to a male that can reproduce with sperm? Last I checked, not even sex change operations can do that.

This is off topic though. Anyone got an idea for a Saki moveset with a gunslinger moveset? I may come up with a Little Mac one later.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lol, I see my message to Vaztor about his Ridley blog has been mentioned....

Also, to those that say Tingle doesn't have a moveset, I've made one that truly captures his personality and capabilities.

Neutral Combo: Two wimpy styled punches.

Neutral Forward: Two handed knuckler. Similar animation to last attack in Luigi’s Dash Attack.

Dash Attack: Faceplant. Works like Kirby’s Dash Attack in SSB64.

Neutral Up: Double fist up. Similar to Ness’ Neutral Up, but with fists.

Neutral Down: Russian Kick Dance. If used in excess, he does the actual dance, so it technically does two hits per full Neutral Down.

Forward Smash: Smashes his large head forward.

Up Smash: Flips map upward. It’s flipped like Mario’s Cape, and similar, but not too similar to Mr. Game & Watch’s Neutral Up.

Down Smash: 2 Jumping Jacks facing the camera.

Neutral Air: Ballerina spin.

Forward Air: Whacks forward with rolled up map.

Back Air: Kicks both feet back in a Superman pose.

Up Air: Pokes up with his pen/paintbrush/whatever he draws maps with.

Down Air: Midair Irish Jig dance.

Forward Throw: A cartoonish dust cloud forms around Tingle and his opponent as he beats them down while clouded. Think of old cartoon violence. This is used in Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland.

Up Throw: Tosses the opponent up, and jumps up, hitting his opponent with the point on his head.

Back Throw: Turns, lays the opponent down, then punts them like a football.

Down Throw: Flings his opponent down and starts beating their head as if throwing a tantrum. (This refers to if he uses it on another Tingle. If on someone else, he hits where Tingle’s head WOULD be.)

Neutral Special: Rupee Toss- Tingle tosses a single large Rupee forward. Damage and knockback depend on the Rupee’s color.

Forward Special: Tingle Bomb- Tingle pulls out a Tingle Tuner and with it, he tosses bombs that detonate on contact with anything. They are weaker than Link’s or Toon Link’s Bombs, but he can toss more than one bomb at a time. I am still debating whether or not the explosion should not harm the user.

Up Special: Balloon- Tingle pops out a balloon, gets a good leap with it, then gently floats down. The leap is exceptionally good compared to other Up Specials, but his balloon can be popped. If it’s popped, Tingle falls while in helpless mode and takes damage from the pop itself.

Down Special: Kooloo-Limpah- Tingle does his signature dance, and the confetti (or sparkles; not sure which one to do) does any of the following effects for 5 seconds: Make the opponent trip uncontrollably, fall asleep, dizzy, move slower, or reverses movement controls. This won’t work on someone already under these symptoms. The confetti/sparkles are tossed at both sides in front of Tingle’s feet.

Final Smash: Rupee Rain- Like in the Final Boss fight of Tingle’s Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland, Tingle gains a bubble over his head and a pink suit, and he is able to fly around and able to shoot multiple different colored small Rupees. The Rupee shots kind of work like Tabuu’s bullet rain, while making contact with Tingle HIMSELF is where the KO potential comes from. The Rupees are used to hold the opponents in place and damage them, while ramming them is what can kill them.
One of the best movesets I have seen in this forum. Very creative A moves that capture the jubilant spirit of the fairy man. Fairly good B moves as well. Good job.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

Saki is a boy? I didn't know this.
Also, It is very unlikely that Krom will replace Ike. Fire Emblem deserves 3 characters.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What do you want people to say, Chrono. Since IS is pushing for mercenary type lords, they'll be supportive of Chrome replacing Ike in Smash? :troll:
The point being is that few see how similar Chrome is to Ike. Its sort of like how similar Zoroark is to Lucario. Many Fire Emblem fans (Western and Japanese) have already pointed this out, however, it seems Smash fans only support Chrome on the grounds of being the most recent lord and seem to be cognitively dissonant about the things that Fire Emblem fans have already noticed.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
That's just relevancy crap. Saki had her own game before brawl, her boat sailed. Bowser Jr. had his major appearance before brawl, oops, no chance. The importance of characters is what matters, not when their games happened. Tingle has been the only zelda character to receive spin-off games, as well as being one of the most recurring characters. Very popular in Japan, and more popular in the west then most give him credit for. There is no reason for him not to get in.
I'd like to repost this to see if someone responds.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
One of the best movesets I have seen in this forum. Very creative A moves that capture the jubilant spirit of the fairy man. Fairly good B moves as well. Good job.
Totally agreed. This captures him spot-on. *Applaudes*

Tingle would be more funnier and totally the most personality-filled character than Luigi and Wario ever was. d(-lwl-)b

Though I think Tingle's Down B could be, if spammed, overpowerful.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That's just relevancy crap. Saki had her own game before brawl, her boat sailed. Bowser Jr. had his major appearance before brawl, oops, no chance. The importance of characters is what matters, not when their games happened. Tingle has been the only zelda character to receive spin-off games, as well as being one of the most recurring characters. Very popular in Japan, and more popular in the west then most give him credit for. There is no reason for him not to get in.
Sakurai complained about Nintendo not having new characters even before Brawl (he is still complaining about that predicament). Tingle has own games, was high on the polls, had personality, and failed to get in as a playable character.

Because of this I don't think he will get in. My opinion. Of course if Sakurai decided that the fan base warrants his conclusion, or changes his mind, or if Tingle comes out with a new game, or if Tingle was axed in early character concept stage for space, or a combination of all these points Tingle can get in.

I just am guessing in advance that he does not.

Great moveset was posted just a few pages back for Tingle by Golden Yuiitusin.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai complained about Nintendo not having new characters even before Brawl (he is still complaining about that predicament). Tingle has own games, was high on the polls, had personality, and failed to get in as a playable character.

Because of this I don't think he will get in. My opinion. Of course if Sakurai decided that the fan base warrants his conclusion, or changes his mind, or if Tingle comes out with a new game, or if Tingle was axed in early character concept stage for space, or a combination of all these points Tingle can get in.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does Chrome use a two-handed sword with one hand? It looks like a sword and that's about all I can tell.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
The point being is that few see how similar Chrome is to Ike. Its sort of like how similar Zoroark is to Lucario. Many Fire Emblem fans (Western and Japanese) have already pointed this out, however, it seems Smash fans only support Chrome on the grounds of being the most recent lord and seem to be cognitively dissonant about the things that Fire Emblem fans have already noticed.
Not on topic (sorry), but the only ways in which Lucario and Zoroark are similar are the fact that they are both poster children for their generation (i.e., were featured in movies before they were featured in released games) and that they are Pokémon.

I am a tireless defender of the 5th gen Pokemon designs (not that I suspect we have any folks here who like to say that any one generation is better than another by merit of nostalgia), and even so, I am not a huge fan of Zoroark. The Pokémon itself is a bit bland in my opinion, and it would be hard to incorporate its Illusion ability into Smash Bros. (not impossible, but difficult). Unfortunately, it seems to be finding its way into everyone's heads for another Pokémon rep, when there are so many more unique, potential filled choices. Clearly I made my opinion known a couple pages back with my choice of Genesect, but any number of 5th gen Pokémon enjoy the same level of popularity as Zoroark, but are more fun choices, methinks. If it gets in as the 5th gen rep, then I'll be a sad Breadbug.

Sorry for the change of subject, go back to Fire Emblem if you want.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Personally I feel Zekrom has the largest shot at this point, but I'm one of the few that does.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Chrome doesn't hold his sword in the same manner as Ike, maybe giving him Ike's moveset WOULD be a stretch.

D

Deleted member

Why replace Ike at all? That's what confuses me.
Just give him his "roided" appearance from Radiant Dawn to match his fighting style.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

I assume then that doing a roster seems quite a problematic now for Sakurai. He either has to look for new franchises, which some characters to playable status (Isaac, Starfy, etc.) or he can pull off MK7 and start to add undeserving or otherwise not-fun-to-see-in-Smash characters on existing franchises. (-i^i-)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Personally I feel Zekrom has the largest shot at this point, but I'm one of the few that does.
Zekrom is Pokeball Pokemon material, much like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, and Kyorgre were. If its not a Pokeball Pokemon than it will be a stage hazard like Dialga and Palkia.

Just give him his "roided" appearance from Radiant Dawn to match his fighting style.
The point is that having both Ike and Chrome in would be redundant. Heck, Ike's Radiant Dawn outfit is very similar to Chrome's. If we bring back Ike, Chrome should not be in.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's not that I want him replaced, but for a while now I'VE FIGURED that if Chrome replaced Ike, then he would become a (perhaps luigified) clone of Ike. I mean, you wouldn't want to lose that unique moveset of his.

CHRONO, you've led me to believe Roy is one of the most unique lords possible to add in Smash, what with his fire sword stuff. Would that be true? No other lord could do what he could? (Though I know you like Leaf...)

D

Deleted member

Zekrom is Pokeball Pokemon material, much like Ho-Oh, Lugia, Groudon, and Kyorgre were. If its not a Pokeball Pokemon than it will be a stage hazard like Dialga and Palkia.
Zekrom has more going for it then those.

1. Zekrom and Reshiram are integral to the plot, unlike Ho-Oh and Lugia.

2. Both are actually required to be captured, unlike Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, and Palkia. (In fact, there's only one way to NOT have to capture them to continue, and only fools that don't know how to Pokemon can do it without deliberately trying to do it.)

3. Both play a role in both versions, unlike G/K and P/D, who only both play a role together in the 3rd version.

4. Both have essentially taken Zoroark's intended role as the mascots of the 5th Generation.

5. Zekrom is smaller than all of them, as it's only 9 ft. (Don't let the movies fool you).

6. Zekrom plays a major role in the upcoming Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition, as Nobunaga Oda's Pokemon. (Nobunaga Oda is the title character of the series that Pokemon is crossing over with).

7. Zekrom has more anime relevance than both Victini and Zoroark (both of which have not appeared in the anime sans the movies, while Zekrom appeared in the first episode of BW.) Reshiram also has yet to make an appearance.

But that's just me. Zekrom could easily be made into a stage hazard on say, N's Castle, but I believe Zekrom has a good shot at being playable.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Riddle me this, why does a character have any reputable merit solely on the base of a new game reveal? There are still characters like Takumaru that have proven their worth, barely holding on to any much needed support as is.

GiantBreadbug said:
the only ways in which Lucario and Zoroark are similar are the fact that they are both poster children for their generation
Ha, yes. Though Zoroark's design / integrity doesn't surprise me beyond that of Lucario.

(I'll never forget the progressive designs of Gen II)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I would want only two FE lords. I realize that FE could go the way of Starfox and have two mostly distinct fighters with variations only on B moves and one fighter that is a clone/semi-clone of one of the former two.

However, I would prefer a technique strategy character like Marth and a power character like Ike.

If Sakurai really wants another sword character, there are other franchises to look into.

D

Deleted member

The point is that having both Ike and Chrome in would be redundant. Heck, Ike's Radiant Dawn outfit is very similar to Chrome's. If we bring back Ike, Chrome should not be in.
Exactly. Why does Chrome have to get in at all?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Exactly. Why does Chrome have to get in at all?
If Chrome did replace Ike, it would only be to represent the new game. If replace in this way expect Chrome to have many similar moves and playstyle.

Sakurai may not want FE to clog the roster with fighters if he plans to add sword characters from other franchises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom