• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If Chrome did replace Ike, it would only be to represent the new game. If replace in this way expect Chrome to have many similar moves and playstyle.

Sakurai may not want FE to clog the roster with fighters if he plans to add sword characters from other franchises.
Let's not forget that the four (sorry Toon Link) sword-users we have play nothing alike. Saki, Takamaru, Goroh, Shulk, Isaac, Ghirahim, Roy (decloned)... none of them would play the same.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Let's not forget that the four (sorry Toon Link) sword-users we have play nothing alike. Saki, Takamaru, Goroh, Shulk, Isaac, Ghirahim, Roy (decloned)... none of them would play the same.
I am not saying sword users would all play alike. But instead of adding more sword users from FE, Sakurai should look at the people you just mentioned. He should represent new series first. Then, if he wants to pad the roster at the end of development by throwing in a semi-clone of a FE lord that is fine.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Zekrom has more going for it then those.

1. Zekrom and Reshiram are integral to the plot, unlike Ho-Oh and Lugia.

2. Both are actually required to be captured, unlike Groudon, Kyogre, Dialga, and Palkia. (In fact, there's only one way to NOT have to capture them to continue, and only fools that don't know how to Pokemon can do it without deliberately trying to do it.)

3. Both play a role in both versions, unlike G/K and P/D, who only both play a role together in the 3rd version.

4. Both have essentially taken Zoroark's intended role as the mascots of the 5th Generation.

5. Zekrom is smaller than all of them, as it's only 9 ft. (Don't let the movies fool you).

6. Zekrom plays a major role in the upcoming Pokemon X Nobunaga's Ambition, as Nobunaga Oda's Pokemon. (Nobunaga Oda is the title character of the series that Pokemon is crossing over with).

7. Zekrom has more anime relevance than both Victini and Zoroark (both of which have not appeared in the anime sans the movies, while Zekrom appeared in the first episode of BW.) Reshiram also has yet to make an appearance.

But that's just me. Zekrom could easily be made into a stage hazard on say, N's Castle, but I believe Zekrom has a good shot at being playable.
I'd love for Zekrom to be playable, but wouldn't it be kinda strange just having Zekrom playable and not Reshiram? I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why does Krom even have to be a clone or semi-clone? I mean, although Ike clearly took a few notes from Roy(mainly the fire style, and a near-identical Neutral B), he was extremely different and unique from Marth. Likewise, Fire Emblem's most used weapon is a sword. I don't know who's the best choice, but barring someone because they use a sword when the series often uses it makes no sense logically to me.

Likewise, yes, there's other series where characters use a sword. But Isaac doesn't always need to either. He uses Axes too, which could be a rather neat moveset. Mind you, I'd rather he use the Gaia Blade or the Sol Blade. But eh.

I mean, Samurai Goroh sounds like he could have a more unique moveset than Black Shadow, who really doesn't fight(onscreen), thus is more likely to get Ganondorf's old moveset, and that would kind of suck.

Personally, I don't think the weapon heavily matters, outside of chances of having similar movesets. But there's more than one sword style, people...

@Metal Overlord: Exactly. I'd choose Kyurem first if we're going for box-esque Legendaries. Also, name one of them playable in Smash. :p Oh, wait, they don't exist on that end. Anyway, I'd just rather have Zoroark, Genesect, or Victini if anyone. All great choices, really.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@GoldenYuiitusin: A good Zekrom concept, but like Metal Overlord said, it would seem weird if Reshiram wasn't involved as well.

To best represent Reshiram and Zekrom, there's always making them into stage hazards, just like how Dialga and Palkia were treated.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One thing about Meloetta is that it has the ability to transform. It has two forms, Aria and Pirouette. However, my main concern about Meloetta becoming a popular choice is that there will be idiots who will say Meloetta would make Jigglypuff obsolete.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Unless a third FE lord could offer something vastly unique and flavorful, I say pick first from series not yet represented. Same goes for another Star Fox character in my opinion.

I think that for the 3DS (which would vastly improve sells), Nintendo should use the Smash genre model for just one franchise. You can have FE smash, Pokemon smash, Starfox Smash, ect.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
After a Christmas season with Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart, I doubt the 3DS needs to vastly improve its sales THAT much. :V

D

Deleted member

One thing about Meloetta is that it has the ability to transform. It has two forms, Aria and Pirouette. However, my main concern about Meloetta becoming a popular choice is that there will be idiots who will say Meloetta would make Jigglypuff obsolete.
I actually would support Meloetta.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
one really very strong and popular fifth gen pokemon seems to be excadrill. It also has really good moveset potentiol and a nice typing. (ground/steel)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Really, the only two Generation Five Pokemon I see getting in are Victini or Zoroark. I think a Generation Six Pokemon is more likely than Meloetta and Genesect.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The 3ds has sold over 4 million units in the us and over 4 million in Japan. That's more than the wii sold in the same time period and look how well the wii did.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Another idea that occured to me yesterday was why not have almost all Pokemon coupled with a Trainer? You would select Pokemon Trainer on the screen, and then be able to pick out of a few sets of trainers with each diferent Pokemon. Example I thought of was:

Red - portraited as the male trainer you play as in Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green
-Has a Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard. Playstyle almost like it was in Brawl but with a few tweaks.
-Down B is no longer a switch between the characters but it'd be done differently (no ideas how to do this yet) and you'd be able to choose which Pokemon you'd want.
-Charizard will have a few more faster attacks, a better Flametrhower which is also usable in the air. More jumps / better flying (make it feel more natural) and make him lighter perhaps with a new Down and Side B.
Idea for Down B would be Overheat, which would work as a 'build up' move like Wario's Down B basically. You'll notice when Charizard's Overheat is at full power when his tail's flame flares up a lot bigger than usual. And you can build up power with it when pressing B while doing the move to increase range and knockback, but Charizard would eventually hurt himself (10%) for doing this, but it's... very strong. After Overheat is done, Charizard's Flamethrower also is all used up.
Side B is Wing Attack, which'll send a small tornado similar to the one on Hyrule Castle on 64 but just for 5 seconds long and less power overall. Can be used to trap enemies in the Tornados and block projectiles. One of Zard's faster attacks also.
Up B can also be used in the air as a slamming move like Bowser and Yoshi's Down B, but less powerful in terms of knockback.
-Squirtle's B will do damage now to with some light knockback but the same properties and he will 'inherrit' Pikachu's Skull Bash instead of Pikachu. It isn't as powerful as Pikachu's version, and it doesn't travel as far however.
His down B would be Widraw and is a defensive move that works as a quicker shield, but Squirtle would still be able to be knocked back. Fastest move in the game! Can be used in the air, but you'll even be able to get knocked away faster. You'll receive no damage at all from shielding with this. But it of coarse recuires practice because staying in the shield can still get you killed. Less advantagous at higher %s.
-Ivysaur will have better Razor Leafs (more similar to the Chikorita Pokeball-Pokemon from previous games) and a Down B involving spores (Stun Spore, Poision Powder, Sleep Powder) which will each cause different effects. Stun Spore would act a lot like the paralysis from Zero Suit Samus's gun, Sleep Powder turns foes into sleep, and Poison Powder causes a 'poison' effect that can last from 10 to 30 seconds max.
-Like Lucario's Aura, the Pokemon of Red get stronger B moves (slightly) when they are over 100% damage.

Yellow : (no idea which trainer would portay as him, possibly also Red- but called Yellow)
-This trainer will take the place of Pikachu, and Pikachu will be his main fighter. However, this Pikachu is able to evolve during battle, and you'll start out with just Pichu, who is able to become Pikachu when it's 'happy'.
-You'll start with Pokemon Trainer Yellow with Pichu only. After beating Classic Mode (or whatever there is) with Pichu, you have to fight Pikachu to unlock him, or being able to evolve into Pika. Clear Classic Mode or another mode with Pikachu, and you'll fight Raichu, and from this point can evolve Pikachu to Raichu.
-In a way Pikachu alone is also still playable as a more 'balanced' version of this whole character. When going into VS mode, pick Pokemon Trainer, select Yellow and click on Pikachu on the cursor instead of the trainer. You will not start out as Pichu, but won't be able to evolve into Raichu either.
-All 3 Pokemon will have all the same moves, but each version is slightly different, making them all clones of each other, but with as much difference between them as Pichu and Pikachu had in Melee.
-Pichu is one point lighter than Jigglypuff, and smaller than Olimar. Pikachu is somewhat lighter than he is now, and just a little bigger than Olimar (making him smaller than in Brawl) but Raichu is about in between what Falco and Zelda are now. Raichu represents more the way Pikachu played as in the other Smash games.
-The new Forward B of Pikachu / Pichu / Raichu is Thunder Wave, and B is a chargable move from now on. Thunder Wave is a stunning move which looks much like the animation of Thunder Jolt, but it's a yellow bolt instead, does lesser damage but causes a stun longer than ZSS's gun. This is the only move that is completely the same for all 3 Pokemon.
-Pichu will be very weak as he was in Melee, but will have some better range on his Smashes like the F-Smash. Some moves will still hurt Pichu however, but his Up B will not cause him damage anymore, and will even cause a small speed burst when Pichu lands the floor with it to escape better. This burst of speed will make him run faster than everybody, but Sonic -if he's still in, but wears of after 3 seconds. Pichu will have some 'misfire' attacks also with Thunder and his B that sometimes discharge and cause Pichu damage but they will be very powerful in terms of damage (not knockback, which would still be subpar). Pichu evolves when it's happy, which means if it's leading in battle. If it KOs the enemy character before Pichu gets KOd, theres a 75% chance of him evolving into Pikachu. Pichu is just a little bit slower than Pikachu, but it's hardly noticable. If doing a 3 Stock match and Pichu has been KO'd before he could evolve and is on it's last stock he'll spawn the stage with a Final Smash. Which is still Volt Tackle and is the same for all 3.
-Pikachu still plays much like he does in Brawl, but Up B has 3 jumps to make up for the loss of recovering with Forward B. When landing the ground with Up B, there is less lag than before. This is the same however with Pichu and Raichu. Knockback on regular A moves is decreased on Pikachu with it's loss of size, but he still has about the same range for most moves despite being smaller. Pikachu evolves into Raichu if he finds the Thunder Stone on stage. It has a 1/4rd chance of dropping out of each KO Pikachu makes but it can't be easily seen on stage. It's almost invincible at it's a sort of luck finding it. Sometimes it glitters though, hinting where it is. You can't pick up the Thunder Stone like an item, and walking over it is the only way to evolve.
-Raichu is the heaviest of the 3, and also slightly faster than Pikachu. His attacks are a lot heavier than Pikachu's are in Brawl, and it's longer limbs and tail gives him more range. Despite being stronger, heavier and the added range, a lot of Raichu's stronger attacks have quite some lag on it. Raichu is quite the fast rushdown character, but his Up B has just 2 jumps instead of Pichu and Pikachu's 3. His playstyle resembles Pikachu's style in 64 most. His Forward Air and Neutral Air are Pikachu's moves from 64 as well, and act exactly like them.

Female Pokemon Trainer (possibly represented by the Lass, or FR/LG Female character)
-Has 3 Pokemon as well which are: Jigglypuff, Meowth and Eevee.
-You are able to select which Pokemon you send out first, and can switch between them as easily as Pokemon Trainer Red can switch between his (done differently than in Brawl)
-Jigglypuff's Rest can now also heal of damage like in Brawl Minus but ot quite as much(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D5e7fQjMpk) and it does even less knockback than in Brawl. Sing is more effective to, but Jigglypuff has now even less power than before. F-Smash is weaker, but faster, yet Jigglypuff will styll be able to dish out damage quickly with her aerials. Wall of Pain is still possible, but F-Air is weaker meaning it's more risky Better hitboxes though. Jigglypuff is the 'cleric' of the team, and with her Rest she's able to heal of damage for the rest of the team.
-Meowth is a more all around character, but still on the lighter, faster side. Is exactly Pikachu's size and weight from Brawl, but runs slower. His B is Pay Day, which works a lot like it did in Brawl in his Pokeball form. His A moves involve clawing and scratching a lot, and he can combo quite well. Fury Swipes is his Forward B and the move can combo really well. Down B is Pursuit, Meowth analyses his foe in a wild cat stance and can unleash an attack with Dark-based damage on a foe when you let go of B. When released with the enemy facing Meowth, the attack works much like Diddy's Side B Monkey Flip but the kick version of it, yet a little weaker (but faster). However, when the foe turns his back to Meowth, the move's strenght is 3 times as powerful! Takes prediction to use the move well. Can also be used as recovery like Diddy's Forward B. Up B is Meowth's version of Quick Attack, and does more damage on impact than Pichu / Pikachu Raichu.
-Eevee is the most complex character out of the 3 Pokemon the Female Trainer has. And like Pichu and Pikachu, Eevee can evolve. The difference between the A attacks between all Eevee-evolutions is basically the same, but with slight different effect on each evolution. Eevee has a lot of sub characters on it, and because of programming issues, most of the evolutions of Eevee have moves similar to the Pokemon already in! Meaning Jolteon's B moves resemble Pikachu's a lot, Flareon like Charizard (without Fly), Vaporeon like Squirtle (Acid Armor is like Widraw), Leafeon like Ivysaur (with only Posoin Powder called Toxic instead of all spores, and a different neutral B), Espeon like Mewtwo (come back to that later), Umbreon like Zoroark (come back to that later as well) and Glaceon is a little mix between Flareon and Leafeon in attacks but with Ice effects.
-Jolteon is the fastest and lightest with Espeon being second, Umbreon is the slowest and heaviest with Vaporeon being second, but all Eeveelutions are pretty similar to each other still (which makes the evolution more of a novelity at best which is not bad) in most A attacks. The real difference comes with B moves. Will explain if this idea at all is well received. Eevee, like Pikachu evolves either with elemental Stones, or happiness (only in case of Espeon and Umbreon, making them the most likely to evolve into).
-All Eevee characters share the same Up B. And keep at least one of Eevee's special moves when evolving, or at least something that resembles it in case of Return.
-Eevee's special moves are B: Return, a ramming attack with a 'love' effect like Peach's Up Tilt. Side B: Sand Attack. Down B: Double Team, similar to Lucario's attack but you're able to move with this attack. Not much of a counter-like attack than Lucario's, but it's mostly for mind games. Creates Eevee copies, and just one is the real one. It's there to confuse the enemies. Up B: Quick Attack - very similar to Meowth's, but shorter distance.
-Likewise with the Yellow Trainer, you can select Jigglypuff as a own character. Eevee can be unlocked as an own character, and so can Meowth.

Cool Trainer (as represented by: Cool Trainer)
-Has Lucario, Zoroark and Snorlax
-Lucario is like Brawl more or less. Few tweaks, but he could mostly stay the same. Lucario is the lightest of the team. But also the most straight forward fighter. The Aura power in which he becomes stronger if he's damaged stays.
-Zoroark is medium weight, but not much of a difference from Lucario. B moves I've been thinking of are Night Slash for B (straight forward cutting projectile), Fake Out for Side B (has the potential of flinching the opponent like a broken shield), a stronger version of Pursuit for Down B and Up B is U-Turn.
Lots of Zoroak's attacks resemble Meowth's regular attacks (about 60% the same), but Zoroark is slower and more powerful. Can combo just as well as Meowth.
-Snorlax is very heavy and can use Rest as well as Jigglypuff, but he relies on it far more. He's also obviously very slow, and is the strongest attacker out of all the Pokemon. Very bad jumper though. B is Sleep Talk, but if Kirby Copies Snorlax he'll do Rest instead (resembling the Sleep ability of Kirby). With Sleep Talk, Snorlax can get up while still sleeping when using Rest, but the move will have more lag on it, and he can use Sleep Talk only once each time he Rests. Side B is Mega Punch and is basically just like Jigglypuff's Pound as well. The move looks exactly like Jigglypuff does it, but with more range, and double the power (26% instead of Jiggly's 13%) and half the speed, but with super armor frames. Up B is Body Slam and is a powerful attack but doesn't work al too well for recovery. Snorlax also can not run, and only walk making him the slowest character overall in the game. Exellent for time matches as with his enormous weight and ability to heal with Rest, he's able to tank A LOT. His strenght is definitely there, but he's pretty slow overall. Could be considered like Zoroark, a sort of Luigified clone to Jigglypuff. But the main difference is of coarse Snorlax being the heaviest fighter, while Jigglypuff is the second lightest.
-All characters can be unlocked as own fighters as well, but you start out with Lucario.
-Cool Trainer will not switch out his Pokemon during battle. Each stock will be a different Pokemon for him.

Pokemon Trainer Ruby (represented by May from Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald)
-Has a Mudkip, Grovyle and a Blaziken.
-Will come up with a moveset later.

And there's Mewtwo, who is a total seperate character of himself.

In total that's about 23 playable Pokemon. :awesome: But: most of them are clever clones of each other which is hardly noticable while playing them.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Excadrill could be exciting. A dig move would be unique. It would nice to have a solid ground character.

There are pokemon that have two different paths to evolve, are there not? It would be cool to start with a pokemon and have it able to turn into one form or another based on conditions that happen in battle.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I personally prefer krokodile or golurk tbh. Golurk just looks like he'd be a really cool fighter (I know he can learn dig but sakurai could give it to him anyway. Pikachu can't learn thunder jolt >_>)

Or muddy mole so pokemon spots could be reserved for more "deserving" ones and of course do muddy mole and his game get more recognition.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I personally prefer krokodile or golurk tbh. Golurk just looks like he'd be a really cool fighter (I know he can learn dig but sakurai could give it to him anyway. Pikachu can't learn thunder jolt >_>)
Golurk does sound interesting. But I think the more notable ones via movies or otherwise has better chances at recognition.

Or muddy mole so pokemon spots could be reserved for more "deserving" ones and of course do muddy mole and his game get more recognition.
There is no such thing as "more deserving". Recognition and notability are understandable, though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hey you guys, even though its 3 days late, I just want to say Happy New Year. :)

I have been thinking about my roster choices, who I want to play as in Smash 4... here's my top 20 most wanted newcomers. That is... never-before-playable-in-a-Smash-game characters. I really hope they make the cut, especially my top five most wanted characters. I'm not too worried about the rest...

1. Toad *
2. Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong *
3. King K. Rool
4. Ghirahim
5. Tingle *
6. Ridley
7. Meowth *
8. Deoxys
9. Zoroark
10. Krom
11. Palutena
12. Medusa
13. Little Mac
14. King Hippo
15. Takamaru
16. Ducks & Hunting Dog *
17. Starfy
18. Mii
19. Mega Man
20. Slime

This doesn't account in whether veterans are cut or not, whether they are currently relevant or not, the possible number of slots in a roster, whether they satisfy the criteria or not, etc... this is just my wish list of characters I like and want to be playable in a Smash game at least once. I don't need to defend why I want those characters. I like them. That's all that matters to me. All I want is a chance to play as my favorite characters in at least one Smash game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While an interesting idea, I think it is too complex for a Smash game. Points for creativity.
Thanks. Would actually really like Yellow to be in on this way though. I kinda liked Pichu, and Raichu would be nice to. Sometimes clones aren't bad, and that's what I wanted to say with that post.

And yes, Impa is totally in there

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Excadrill could be exciting. A dig move would be unique. It would nice to have a solid ground character.

There are pokemon that have two different paths to evolve, are there not? It would be cool to start with a pokemon and have it able to turn into one form or another based on conditions that happen in battle.
Have I got the character for you, then. Here he is, ladies (haha) and gentlemen, Muddy Mole.

Muddy Mole

A: Right Claw Swipe 2%
AA: Left Claw Swipe 3%
AAA: Alternating claw barrage. 2% per hit
A Side: Muddy does a small punch. Can be performed in quick succession. 8%
A Up: Muddy holds his hands up like a goal post and jumps up. 12%
A Down: Muddy gets low and kicks at the opponent’s feet. 14%
Dash A: Muddy does a leaping somersault forward. 13%

Smash Side: Muddy does a strong headbutt. 18%
Smash Up: Muddy spins upward corkscrewing his claws.22%
Smash Down: Muddy spins low to the ground kicking up a small wave of dirt to both of his sides. 20%

Air A: Muddy does a small midair cartwheel for weak damage. 5%
Forward Air A: Muddy slaps the foe weakly in midair. 4%
Backward Air A: Muddy roundhouse kicks in midair. 7%
Up Air A: Muddy sweeps his claws in an arc. 4%
Down Air A: Muddy kicks the opponent down with both feet. Meteor-Smash. 9%

Grab and Pummel: Muddy grabs the foe and knees them in the torso. 4%
Forward Throw: Muddy kicks the foe ahead of him. 10%
Back Throw: Muddy spins the opponent and throws them back, similar to Mario. 8%
Up Throw: Muddy digs under the foe and hits them with a tack from underneath, sending them upward. 15%
Down Throw: Muddy slams his foe into the ground, kicking up some dirt in the process. 12%

His Neutral B would be the iron ball. Press B once, and it spawns, and stays on the ground in front of you. You can keep it there, and it will act as an unbreakable wall. However, if you press B again when you are close to the ball, you can throw it at your opponent! It will be very slow and not very powerful at first, but if you hold B, Muddy will charge up the throw, increasing the speed, distance, and damage. However, if the opponent hits you during start up, you will drop the ball. The ball will eventually disappear if A.) Too much time passes without you throwing it, or B.) You hit the opponent. Only one Ball can be present at a time per Muddy Mole. It does 15% when pushed forward with no charge, 22% when charged. Going backwards, it does 20% uncharged, and 30% when charged.

His Side B will be the Bomb Roll. This one was a bit of a stretch, seeing as Muddy never actually did this. However, it is creative liberty, I guess. Muddy pulls out a bomb that he uses in his game, and hops on top of it. He then speeds forward on the bomb to ram opponents. It then explodes. Can be a decent horizontal recovery. 15%

His Up B would be the cabbage jump. After Muddy Mole defeats a boss in his games, he saves one of his children, who pop out of a giant cabbage that falls from the sky, and leap up with a corkscrew-like jump. Muddy would essentially do the same. A giant cabbage would surround him, and he'd pop out using a Wario-like Corkscrew. If used in Midair, the cabbage will fall to the ground, potentially doing damage, and possibly a meteor-smash. When used on land, it disappears after use. I guess you can call it a mix between Wario's and Sonic's. 16% with the corkscrew, 10% if the cabbage hits you.

Muddy Mole's Down B would be Burrow. Going underground was key in Muddy Mole's adventures, so naturally Smash should reflect that. He would dig a hole, and go underground. If used on a passable platform, he'd fall through it. While underground, he can move around very fast, but at the expense of not being able to see where he is. By releasing B, he will pop out of the hole, causing minimal damage. However, you only have a three second time frame to stay underground, otherwise you are forcefully removed from the dirt. This would make up for Muddy's lackluster aerial game.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Sundes. Another forum user gave me this idea. Sundes was a sun-based boss in Mole Mania, as the ruler of Level 2. One of his attacks involves him going supernova, so Muddy needed to get out of the way to survive by going underground. Once Muddy has the Smash Ball, he'll adjust his Sunglasses and go underground. Sundes would then appear, and go Supernova, sending a vast fiery wave across the stage. If hit, the opponent will take major damage (50%) and good knockback. It can, however, be avoided by some characters with high or multiple jumps. Muddy will the resurface and continue fighting.

Taunts: Up: He adjusts his sunglasses with a shine and smiles. (With the clichéd *ding* sound of course)
Down: He digs a small hole and pulls out a small cabbage. He proceeds to eat it.
Side: He holds out his paw and extends his claws.

Costumes: Red: Normal color
Blue: Blue neckerchief
Green: Green Neckerchief
Others: Pink, yellow, and black neckerchiefs.

Kirby Hat: Kirby dons a pair of shades and a handkerchief.

Codec Conversation: Snake: Colonel, who's the mole wearing sunglasses?
Colonel: That's Muddy Mole, Snake.
Snake: Never heard of him. He's probably no big threat.
Colonel: Be careful, Snake, Muddy here can do something that no one else here can do. He'll dig right beneath you and hit you from the other side.
Snake: That's pretty cheap, wouldn't you say?
Colonel: Coming from the man who's fighting a mole, while using a ton of explosives...just make sure to watch out, Snake.
Snake: What else is there to watch for?
Colonel: Besides digging, Muddy can also launch giant iron balls. And bombs, too.
Snake: ...Ugh.

Playstyle: Basically, Muddy Mole is your trap user to the extreme. Block off certain spots with the Iron Ball, dig underneath it, and hit the foes on the other side is a pretty good tactic. If time is running out on it, throw it for good damage. Being a mole, Muddy is best on the ground, of course. Many of his smashes and throws are powerful. That being said, if you’re playing Muddy in the air for any reason other than recovery, you’re using him wrong. Muddy is just plain bad in the air. Low fall speed, bad aerials, and semi-lightweight an aerial fighter does not make. All in all, Muddy is an interesting character to play as, and will leave the opponents guessing as to which move he’ll use next.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
excadrill would be cool, with moves such as dig, drill run, metal claw, earthquake, sandstorm and focus blast.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@hyper
That's why I put deserving in quotes. I realize it's an extremely subjective word and you realize that but most people here live by it so whatever.

@arcadenik
Your top 5 is unusual to say the least. Compared to most others, Krool is relatively low and fan favorites like Ridley and megaman didn't even make the cut (still talking about the top 5). With that being said, I actually like it and applaud its originality.

D

Deleted member

Not really fond of Excadrill. If a random Pokemon shows up, I'd prefer Scrafty, Bisharp, or Galvantula.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just don't use that term. It's illogical, as our opinion has zero effect on the choices when it comes to "deserving".

Anyway, I like your list, Arcandenik, except Toad, Slime, and King Hippo. The last one is meh, as Punch Out!! does not need two starting characters. Fire Emblem only got two because of clones. Without them, they may have gotten one, so that argument holds no water.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wonder if ICs will still be in the game and get to keep their gayness.

CG and hobbling?

To be honest I feel toad would have a slight chance of being in the game seeing how he has been playable in New super mario bros wii, the new mario karts, and mario parties. But mainly because he was in New Super Mario Bros Wii, that is what makes me think he has a chance.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
A trainer with mewtwo lucario zoroark would be awsome, even though it will never happen.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chances are that the Ice Climbers aren't leaving...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What Pichu Fan said. Two-Time or three-time veterans have staying power. Even ones who were one-offs in their original games.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was answering SSBBDaisy's question. It really is absurd to think they're leaving.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
from brawl, the only people is see with a chance of leaving are wolf, ike, lucario, pokemon trainer(given new pokemon or erased entirely) sonic and snake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I wouldn't even worry about anyone but third parties, due to licensing reasons. Sakurai said he liked all of his characters in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom