• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This is awesome, hopefully this guy is legit and we have something to look forward to soon. :cool:

"Get ready for a power trip!"
He is legit, only problem is there is no guarantee the title he is talking about will turn out to be Super Smash Bros.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Unless this guy is leaking something, I highly doubt that his story has anything to do with Smash Bros.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I forgot about that damn dragon wannabe. Kidding, love the guy.

Okay, but I don't want to triple rep one time. That, and let's be honest, is there any other bug type that's somewhat humanoid to choose?
Heracross, Pinsir, Scyther family, Kricketune, Leavanny, Genesect, and MAYBE Scolipede. That's all I can think of.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Metal I'm not sure how you can sit there and take Funi's DB. Its like listening to Piccolo's Kai voice after it was primed by GT, how did it get worse?

Oh, what's up Star.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So he's title flight man right? I guess he's legit now, and it SEEMS to point to SSB4. Unless... IDUNNO, some other "crowd pleaser" is hitting 3DS/Wii U.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
By the way, I have some Nintendo related rumblings, that are from a valid person this time mind you, possibly relating to Super Smash Bros.

It is not certain that it will be Super Smash Bros related, but it is a good possibility since that is the only Wii U / 3DS title that we know of at this time that would fit the criteria of "crowd pleaser". Not to say that it is but it has a better chance than not I think. Still, it might also be a new title.
Sorry, havent been keeping up with Title Fight. Who is this guy and why are his "leaks" or whatever he does important and legit?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Metal I'm not sure how you can sit there and take Funi's DB. Its like listening to Piccolo's Kai voice after it was primed by GT, how did it get worse?

Oh, what's up Star.
Nothing much, I just discovered there is a Kirby timeline. More specifically I found some interesting tie ins on my second run through of Kirby's Return to Dreamland that seem to tie into three other Kirby titles.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Nintendo keeps things airtight, so I doubt that we are going to get any leaks pertaining to Smash Bros.

I am trying to think of a third-party franchise that would be a "crowd pleaser" and still likely to land on 3DS/Wii U. Perhaps some sort of Sonic game? Though Sonic does not go over well much nowadays.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
New Punch Out maybe? The "crowd pleaser" may have something to do with the game, not just a fan favorite like ssb.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm hoping it's something like a crossover VS game. Or maybe a SC5, or SFxT port?

"Crowd Pleaser"... hmmm, I don't know WHY anything would need to be released on BOTH systems.

Nintendo keeps things airtight, so I doubt that we are going to get any leaks pertaining to Smash Bros.
If it IS Smash related... should we even believe him?... I mean, Smash is ALWAYS air tight. Only Sakurai and Iwata knew about it's announcement at one point.

Does it have to be a game already announced? Maybe Mario Kart Wii U, I dunno
That's a good guess!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't want to interrupt by any means, but since it seems that you folks seem to be on the topic of Pokemon, I figured that I'd go ahead and use this opportunity to continue my endeavor that I started a few pages back with the Mario series.
I salute your idealism. However if you've been following along, the bane of most discussions in regards to pokemon is that we often lose sight of what ideally represents the series.

There are so many types, so many types of combinations of representation, thus it mostly comes down to what signifies specific generations and not the span thereof.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13846181&postcount=63989

Even my suggestions might not be very ideal, perhaps pay too much homage to the gimmick that we've already noted. Personally I'd prefer to be surprised when it comes to Pokemon. Really let gamefreak have their say in all their many years developing the franchise.

By all means have at the discussion, but only time will tell

Star said:
Nothing much, I just discovered there is a Kirby timeline.
Oh really, I suppose its not as sporadic as it seems.

Which reminds me, how did Sin & Punishment's hard mode go?

D

Deleted member

I've decided to ask Paul Gale if it has anything to do with Smash. If he responses, I will post it.

I have no idea what he could leak if it is indeed Smash Bros. Probably something related to concepts?

*back to preparing Top 20 Roster Candidates v2*

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Interesting, but I do have my doubts. As Chrono said, Nintendo keeps things air tight.

The only leaker I trust currently is Serebii Joe himself or that guy who leaks for Capcom (I forgot his name, it started with a L).

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Keep in mind most of the Brawl leakers did not leak things until Brawl was likely being debugged (and also likely in Western hands at that point).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Tri-Hy- His name was lupinko, he leaked the roster for Mortal Kombat 9, as well amongst a few other things.

Why you no like Funi, N? :(

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh really, I suppose its not as sporadic as it seems.

Which reminds me, how did Sin & Punishment's hard mode go?
Surprisingly no. Although leave it to fans and the next thing that will happen is we will have split Kirby timelines.

I was too scared to do it. The only hard mode I've done is the one for Kirby's Return to Dreamland, and that was surprisingly brutal at points.

The only leaker I trust currently is Serebii Joe himself or that guy who leaks for Capcom (I forgot his name, it started with a L).
Lupinko is his name.

Lupinko? Yeah that's right, thanks. I wonder if he's leaked STxT yet?
Yes he has.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lupinko? Yeah that's right, thanks. I wonder if he's leaked STxT yet?

As a side note though, if it's not Smash I can always hope it's Nintendo vs Capcom. :awesome:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A new mechanic could be "momentum" which allows characters to resist knockback when they are running forward. Weak moves would not stop a Bowser charge.

Getting rid of chain throws would help the game in general. Just change a person's grab into a push if he tried to grab after a throw.
Momentum should be a general mechanic, more so than in Melee where running momentum existed. Another thing is that we need the option to turn around in the air while requiring a longer input for falling back or forward, so that you commit to it.

For the push, I think that should be whenever a grab is countered by another grab, not just after a throw to prevent chain grabs. Another thing is that tether grabs should be untechable and that the input for that is Forward-Z while neutral Z is a regular grab.

Its a lost cause because you're trying to promote validity to counter arguments that are intrinsically one track. So the heads that you're trying to convince, each hold bias for albeit lame reasons.

As long as the character is unique and diverse enough to build upon, it has my support. Same reason I can see a character like Krystal in (many thanks to Kuma's reasoning).
Thanks. What was my reasoning exactly?

Anyway, I'm gonna think of different playstyles for possible characters.

Saki - Gun Slinger (Noel from BlazBlue would be an excellent reference.)
Takamaru - Projectile based like MvC3's Arthur, but with Iaido and counter attacks. He would be something of a glass cannon.
Tom Nook - Fighting by not actually fighting. Playstyle would be high risk, high reward.
Ghirahim - Footsies and mixups by using his daggers, buzzsaw daggers, and 8-way teleport.
Isaac - Keepaway character preferring to win by eliminating movement options to force to opponent to SD. His Move attack is an example of this.
Lip - Zoning by using blocks from the sky as air defense and for wall juggles.
Krystal - Mid-ranged fighter with a lot of combo potential.
Little Mac - Rushdown and in your face. Has evasive techniques to dodge projectiles and initiate counter attacks close up.
Toad - Lightning grappler with a strong tech chasing game. Has some of the best mobility in the game.
Bowser Jr. - An in and out character with great mobility. Uses his siblinbs in a way similar to Marvel vs. Capcom's assists. Overall, a very obnoxious character with no one right way to play as.
Megaman - Mobile projectile character meaning he can run while shooting. Can use a command grab to copy an opponent's special. Which one exactly depends on the character.
Kumatora - A very mobile, unpredictable zoner of sorts. She uses PK Ground to get hitconfirms into devastating combos that are high risk, high reward while using her mixups to bite away at the opponent. If you've ever seen C. Viper in action, she's pretty much what Kumatora would be.
Midna - Surprisingly a grappling character thanks to her hair. Her traditional fighter "equivalent" would be Vice from King of Fighters. Wolf Link is not present.
Dixie Kong - A mixup character with a strong poking game.
K. Rool - A living wrecking ball of a character. Has a rushing attack that is designed to absorb attacks up to a certain level of damage. Balrog's rushdown might be comparable.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Technically, Saki would be a glasscannon too. Decent damage, fast, good projectiles, good reach. His only downside would be frailness.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Posted my poll on GameFAQs, I hope I don't regret it. :l

I think I might.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes he has.
Yes and no. He's been vague about a lot of stuff. For example, when he was asked if Jun was gonna be in, he responded with the song Starlight from Jem. The only thing I can think where he outright said something was him showing a Photoshopped picture of Kuma dressed like R. Mika. Cue a week or so later and that turns out to be the case.

Like, I don't think he ever once alluded to any of the Shadowloo members (Bison was already implied by Capcom themselves).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ew, I hope it goes well.

Anyways, on Nsider I had this guy trying to say that Toon Zelda/Sheik would be much more unique than Bowser Junior...? Ummm. Yeah...

With Sakurai in charge both will end up as clones, so its hard to pick which one is more unique.
By concept wouldn't Toon Zelda/SHEIK (Non existing in the toon series) be a bigger clone? Considering that's EXACTLY what she would be. Zelda..., not Zelda's daughter, HER, just toon.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Ew, I hope it goes well.

Anyways, on Nsider I had this guy trying to say that Toon Zelda/Sheik would be much more unique than Bowser Junior...? Ummm. Yeah...
With Sakurai in charge both will end up as clones, so its hard to pick which one is more unique.

yani_

Smash Ace
^ not sure if serious

Gamefaqs goes ape**** for Waluigi for some reason.

edit- @Shortie I just read your thread on Ns2. I can't stop laughing at what that guy says. 99.9% positive he's a troll. I mean... Scrooge McDuck?

The Ns2 Smash forums is infested with loads of trolls who think they're cool because "they have a reputation". Go figure.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yep. I just voted in your thread. Like I said, Bandana Dee is the only other character outside of Metaknight and King DDD that have made multiple and important appearances throughout the series. Now that they have decided to move forward with him I am looking forward to more inevitable appearances of the standout Dee. Plus that spear would make for some killer moves.

Everyone wants to talk about dark horses and all that jazz and what not. Well, here is one. No joke.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
KumaOso said:
Thanks. What was my reasoning exactly?
This was way back, so forgive me if the light I view it in now isn't dead on for what you were trying to convey.

I believe that you were discussing Krystal in a manner that favors her options as a staff user, giving the insight that we can look beyond how she fairs in the public eye for sake of those options.

I don't always agree with the Femme fatal argument (ChronoBound): just for the sake of; but if we're going to have female characters, at least include them based on the merit of their design.

Ergo: Lip, Krystal, Impa, Medusa, Dixie, and those already involved in Smash.

Now that they have decided to move forward with him I am looking forward to more inevitable appearances of the standout Dee. Plus that spear would make for some killer moves.
Oh yes, everyone gets a generic brand. XD

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh yes, everyone gets a generic brand. XD
Hey man I'm serious. :(

The one thing I know about the Kirby games in when they tend to run into characters that manage to grab a little bit of a fanbase they tend to bring them back in later installments. It is kind of funny how it works, actually, but it something I have noticed over the years. Really though you could say the standout "good" Waddle Dee/Bandana Dee preceded even KRTD and debuted in Kirby 64: Crystal Shards. However, the Bandana Dee character himself comes from Super Star. I get the feeling though Bandana Dee is about to become the set good Waddle Dee incarnation. Which is great if they expand upon his character a little more, I guess.

I don't know, I just have a lot of Kirby on my brain. :psycho:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, Krystal would actually be really cool to have. Count me in as a supporter of her from now on. If DK will get 4 characters, StarFox can have them to. As well as Kirby, so Bandana Dee has my vote as well. 4 characters for DK, StarFox and Kirby sounds about right, with having perhaps 6 for both Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, and maybe 3~4 from Fire Emblem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom