• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
So much is wrong with DBZ. So much. Everything goes downhill after the Frieza saga.
I wouldn't say that. Theres some epic parts in the Cell Saga. I would say it dips a little bit after Frieza, raises a bit at the end of Cell then drops rock bottom from that point onward.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Although some of the legendary growls are pretty awesome, as well as Krickitune's growl, and Frosslass' growl. in any case, both of them are good, but some of the voicing you really don't expect. When I was watching pokemon, I always thought dewgong would have a smooth, feminine voice-over. Then what I got was... weird...

Sorry, this was the best I could find ><

Dewgong crying for 10 min

Please don't actually think I want you to listen to it for 10 min, just so you get the voice impression of dewgong.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say that. Theres some epic parts in the Cell Saga. I would say it dips a little bit after Frieza, raises a bit at the end of Cell then drops rock bottom from that point onward.
Not to go off topic again, but the one thing I never understood about the Cell/Android Saga: how can a human make an Android stronger than a Super Saiyan? And also what was the whole deal with Goku's heart virus? Why did it only seem to affect Goku and not anyone else?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Although some of the legendary growls are pretty awesome, as well as Krickitune's growl, and Frosslass' growl. in any case, both of them are good, but some of the voicing you really don't expect. When I was watching pokemon, I always thought dewgong would have a smooth, feminine voice-over. Then what I got was... weird...

Sorry, this was the best I could find ><

Dewgong crying for 10 min

Please don't actually think I want you to listen to it for 10 min, just so you get the voice impression of dewgong.
I know what you mean. A lot of Brock's Pokémon had good voices. The only one that came across as surpising was Forretress.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not to go off topic again, but the one thing I never understood about the Cell/Android Saga: how can a human make an Android stronger than a Super Saiyan? And also what was the whole deal with Goku's heart virus? Why did it only seem to affect Goku and not anyone else?
ANNNNND, how can you just "program" something to be stronger than freaking Frieza?! I put some wires together, and BAM, stronger than the strongest thing in the universe. Cell, i understand, but not 18, 17, and 16.

ANYWAYS, back on topic. Luco, when I feel like doing those rating things again, I'll tell you.

D

Deleted member

So um, anything else that hasn't been discussed yet?

I guess I'll come back once I get Top 20 Roster Candidates ready.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Mr. Mime wasn't all that surprising, nor was Jynx....

Actually, leaving voice-overs for a minute, i really loved Dragonite in terms of artwork, they always did him really well.

I'm thinking of putting back up the picture of Pikachu crying, but I won't. :-P

Alrighty, i agree with yani, some trainer trophies would be amazing.

And, okay, shortie. :)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ooh, I'd love to be forum president! :D

Also, Lucas boards happen to be dead. -_-

Can we all wake it up?

Well, not Lucas boards, but lucas general discussion.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ooh, I'd love to be forum president! :D

Also, Lucas boards happen to be dead. -_-

Can we all wake it up?

Well, not Lucas boards, but lucas general discussion.
How long has it been out?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
last post was by me on the 26th of december. Guess it's not dead, but it's a little more lively than this usually.

But I should probably add, It is the whole Lucas boards. the post i made is the most recent in all of the threads.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Don't want to interrupt by any means, but since it seems that you folks seem to be on the topic of Pokemon, I figured that I'd go ahead and use this opportunity to continue my endeavor that I started a few pages back with the Mario series. Here's a proposal list for the Pokemon series, with accompanying explanations. Again, as with the other sections of my list, this isn't a prediction of what I think we'll get, it's just a list of possible candidtates that would be reasonable.

Pokemon - 11 Representatives

Pikachu - Veteran

Jigglypuff - Veteran

Mewtwo - This is why I don't like the cutting of vets. You'll always end up stepping on someone's toes when you cut a character. Mewtwo was great, and the logic behind removing him is one of the few things I dislike about Sakurai's decision making process.

Lucario - Veteran

Genesect - This character's appearance heavily depends on whether or not Nintendo officially "releases" it in a timely fashion. I say we'll see Genesect downloadable into our Pokemon games before the end of 2012, which gives the Smash Bros. Team plenty of time to include it. It's a really awesome looking Pokemon, and it would be the first Bug rep. What can I say, Genesect is ******. I've seen the main speculation for standalone 5th gen reps mostly circle around Victini and Zoroark. While these characters are fine, I think that Genesect would be a really cool addition with a much bigger movepool to take a moveset from. Seriously, though, it's one of the coolest legendaries ever.

Plusle & Minun/Pichu Bros. - This one has me a bit torn. I liked the idea of an Ice Climbers-esque duo character when I heard about the Plusle & Minun idea that was scrapped from Brawl. I still think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure how it should be implemented. On one hand, I would love to be able to see Pichu return in any capacity because I want to see the veterans cut from Brawl return (with the exception of Dr. Mario and Young Link). On the other hand, Plusle & Minun would be a great standalone character to rep 3rd gen. I'm leaning toward Plusle & Minun, but only ever so slightly. However, I think the Pokemon reperesentation in SSB is blatantly infulenced by the anime, and the Pichu Bros. were featured here and there. I can't quite make up my mind about these guys.

Delibird - I thought forever about which individual Pokemon could represent 2nd gen well, and this is what I came up with. Delibird fits what I was looking for in a standalone Pokemon candidate: unique type, above-average popularity, and a design indicative of the general feel of Pokemon in its generation. I think a moveset could be pulled off that utilizes some Ice moves, and its signature move, Present. Delibird was also a fun supporting character in the anime (it stalked Jessie, James, and Meowth, seeking to collect money for its trainer), so that at least makes it exist in Sakurai's eyes.

Buizel - This was the result of my searching for another standalone rep for 4th gen that was one of the popular "cute" Pokemon, like Pikachu and Jigglypuff. Buizel is a cute, fun Pokemon that's pretty popular as far as Water-types go. This candidate is, admittedly, the least likely to appear, but I do think it's possible, again because of the prominent role that Buizel played in the 4th gen anime. The thing's just so gosh-darned cute, how can it not be popular? Also, I think seeing the move Aqua Jet incorported into its moveset would be cool. Possibly as Up + B for recovery? Though, the developers would need to be careful to not make him a Squirtle clone.

Red (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard) - Veteran

Black (Galvantula, Golurk, Deino) - Wait, I can explain. I wanted to toy with the idea of other Pokemon Trainers, but from other generations. Pokemon Trainer characters are a clever way to sneak three whole Pokemon into one roster spot, and you can never have too many playable Pokemon. I also keep seeing the idea for adding another Pokemon Trainer from other users, but I often see that the proposed Pokemon are just more starters. I think that getting more type representation and variety would be great, which is why I've selected Pokemon from types that haven't been playable yet. As for how I went about selecting these Pokemon, I must admit, I played favorites. Again, I still used my criteria for playable Pokemon (non-obscure, as-of-yet unrepresented type, and fitting the theme of the generation), but these are frankly some of my favorites. I also tried to stick to the idea of having one light, medium, and heavy character as part of the trio (Deino = light, Galvantula = medium, Golurk = heavy). I think this particular combination is completely unlikely to happen, because they aren't terribly popular, and if another Trainer does show up, they'll unfortunately likely be starters, since that's how Sakurai's brain works when it comes to this series. But hey, a man can dream, can't he? Although, I would be interested in hearing any other ideas for a 5th gen trainer...

May (Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Buneary) I can explain again. I didn't want to propose the idea of 1st and 5th gen Trainers without at least coming up with a Trainer that covered the generations in between. Again, each of these Pokemon is resonably popular (especially Gardevoir). Tyranitar is the only one who has a type that hasn't been represented in my list yet (Rock). Also seen in this character is the pattern of three different character types (Buneary = light, Gardevoir = medium, Tyranitar = heavy). I think these three trainers do a good job wrapping up their generation(s) and showing the best of each. As for the names, I do not mean for these to be representative of the anime, simply the available default names and rival names (your female rival in 3rd gen is actually named May; it's Professor Birch's daughter).

tl;dr Pokemon - 11 Reps
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Mewtwo
Genesect
Plusle & Minun/Pichu Bros.
Delibird
Buizel
Red (Ivysaur, Charizard, Squirtle)
Black (Galvantula, Golurk, Deino)
May (Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Buneary)

Final Notes on the Pokemon Series
Pokemon is another of Nintendo's moneymakers. As I said with Super Mario before, eleven reps is a lot to consider, but this is at least a refinement of the possibilities, at least in my opinion. Pokemon is one of the franchies I know best, and I think I've used my knowledge of the series to the best of my abilities to narrow down this list to eleven characters of the possible 600+. A couple more things:

1) One of the main goals of drafting my Pokemon list was to represent each and every type in some way, shape, or form (even through dual-types). I believe that I have been able to do so, according to the following list:
Fire (Charizard)
Water (Squirtle, Buizel)
Grass (Ivysaur)
Electric (Pikachu, Plusle & Minun/Pichu Bros., Galvantula)
Psychic (Mewtwo, Gardevoir)
Fighting (Lucario)
Dark (Tyranitar, Deino)
Bug (Galvantula, Genesect)
Ghost (Golurk)
Normal (Jigglypuff, Buneary)
Flying (Charizard, Delibird)
Rock (Tyranitar)
Ground (Golurk)
Poison (Ivysaur)
Ice (Delibird)
Steel (Lucario, Genesect)
Dragon (Deino).

Aaaaaaaaaaand... go.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
This just in. Victini and Zoroark aren't reasonable.
I was just about to say something about that... Meowth should definitely be on that list too especially over Pokemon like Delibird and Buizel.

This just in: I never actually said that, but instead said that I thought Genesect was a better choice.

Assuming that post was sarcastically aimed toward me. Otherwise, my apoligies.

Genesect hasn't even been revealed yet... I don't see how it's the better choice.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon that are worth noting:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer (Of sorts)
Pichu (Bros/Notch Ear/whatever)
Meowth
Plusle & Minun (Strictly because of the Pra_Mai BS)
Deoxys
Zoroark
Victini
Genesect

I don't THINK I missed anyone?..

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I addressed the fact that Genesect has not yet been revealed in my post. In it, I said that Genesect will likely be "revealed" sometime this year, and it will absolutely be out before the new Smash Bros. Either way it warrants consideration. Meowth is a fine choice and all, but it's another 1st gen Normal type. There's nothing wrong with that, but I was going for a bit more variety, while still listing Pokemon that are noteworthy.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Pokemon that are worth noting:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Pokemon Trainer (Of sorts)
Pichu (Bros/Notch Ear/whatever)
Meowth
Plusle & Minun (Strictly because of the Pra_Mai BS)
Deoxys
Zoroark
Victini
Genesect

I don't THINK I missed anyone?..
I think Meloetta could be considered as well... she may not be as popular but she'll probably end up getting revealed in 2013

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think Meloetta could be considered as well... she may not be as popular but she'll probably end up getting revealed in 2013
I think both Meloetta and Genesect may have a movie together in 2013. 2014 will be the year in which we see the first Generation 6 Pokemon.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I think both Meloetta and Genesect may have a movie together in 2012. 2013 might be the first movie with a Generation 6 Pokemon. However, a Generation Six Pokemon might not happen until 2014.
Kyurem's movie with the Sacred Swordsmen is in 2012... we usually only get one event Pokemon per movie I doubt will get both of them in one.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
yeah, with meloetta, pokemon like Loudred, Exploud, Chatot, and so on, i've been thinking an interesting new type for pokemon would be sonic. I can think of a weakness: Fire (inflamed throat or whatever :-P ). Strength: Umm.... ummmmmm..... Steel, perhaps?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Kyurem's movie with the Sacred Swordsmen is in 2012... we usually only get one event Pokemon per movie I doubt will get both of them in one.
I think there is a strong chance that Keldeo (who is also an event Pokemon) will also show up in 2012's movie (since he is part of the Sacred Swordsmen). So its definitely possible that Genesect and Meloetta will share a film in 2013.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Ewww, Generation six? How gross. I wonder IF the sixth generation has a poster child revealed in time, if its going to affect Mewtwo, and Zorotinisect?

I mean, who do we drop to include the sixth gen? Mewtwo?, Lucario?, Zorotinisect? Someone is going to be unhappy. It's a lose lose situation.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Ewww, Generation six? How gross. I wonder IF the sixth generation has a poster child revealed in time, if its going to affect Mewtwo, and Zorotinisect?

I mean, who do we drop to include the sixth gen? Mewtwo?, Lucario?, Zorotinisect? Someone is going to be unhappy. It's a lose lose situation.
If Generation 6 has to be represented, we still bring back Mewtwo but ignore Generation 5 (Victini/Zoroark/Genesect/Meloetta).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Lol @ people thinking Genesect being unrevealed is the final nail in the coffin or something

He isn't guaranteed, but it's not like The Pokemon Company doesn't plan for the future

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939

In that case i'd rather they condense the 6 Pokemon we have into one trainer and let you pick 3 of them before a match. It would save space on the Character Select screen and make for something unique out of what we already have. Just give Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur a Down B and make the switch happen via taunts.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Erg.... Then that would mean they'd give victini the *shock-horror* pokeball treatment. D:

Thats unless they have 7 or 8 reps for pokemon. O.O

That'd actually be a nice idea. Have 6th gen with the trainer would help A LOT, unless there was a certain 6th gen pokemon we'd like. Hmm... :urg:

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
In that case i'd rather they condense the 6 Pokemon we have into one trainer and let you pick 3 of them before a match. It would save space on the Character Select screen and make for something unique out of what we already have. Just give Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur a Down B and make the switch happen via taunts.
The idea of sixth gen being out in time for SSB4 totally effs up my list... But I think that's actually a splendid idea you have there. Kind of like a legendary Pokemon Trainer.

EDIT: Oops, misunderstood you. You mean Pikachu, Jiggs, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle all being a part of the same Trainer. Gotcha.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Generation Six will be released in either 2014 or 2015 (Japanese release dates), if past Pokemon trends are anything to go by. I think Smash 4 will be too far along for them include much Generation Six content in it (aside from maybe one or two Pokeball Pokemon and few trophies), unless of course Game Freak gives Sakurai a head's up that Generation Six will likely be the current generation by the time he is done with the game. This might be a possibility since Sakurai has mentioned that Game Freak and the Pokemon Company has a strong hand in determining Pokemon content in Smash Bros.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, I didn't think much of it at first, but I'm laying here thinking, and I start thinking about Fossil Fighter in Sm4sh with T. Rex, Tricera, and Ptera. I mean, you gotta admit, the series seems to be doing well. It sold enough to make a sequel. It deserves at least SOMETHING in Sm4sh.

Luco: Try Ice and Bug types.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Speaking of that, what Bug combination hasn't been repped in Smash? We've had Ice characters before. Lucario brought out Steel. I can only think Bug/Flying with Scyther. Not that Genesect doesn't rep Bugs well. Being a partial Expy of Mewtwo, this would be a really cool addition.

@Luco: To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised of Victini got that treatment. If he's not playable, it should happen though. He definitely deserves some kind of rep in general.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Speaking of that, what Bug combination hasn't been repped in Smash? We've had Ice characters before. Lucario brought out Steel. I can only think Bug/Flying with Scyther. Not that Genesect doesn't rep Bugs well. Being a partial Expy of Mewtwo, this would be a really cool addition.

@Luco: To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised of Victini got that treatment. If he's not playable, it should happen though. He definitely deserves some kind of rep in general.
Bug-Electric. Essentially, Galvantula.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bug-Electric. Essentially, Galvantula.

We've had two Electric Pokemon, one Fighting, one Psychic, one Normal... I think we're good on Electric. I can deal with another steel, although Bug/Flying would be great. Likewise, Samus uses electricity and so does Giga Bowser. :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
We've had two Electric Pokemon, one Fighting, one Psychic, one Normal... I think we're good on Electric. I can deal with another steel, although Bug/Flying would be great. Likewise, Samus uses electricity and so does Giga Bowser. :p
Just out of the Pokémon? Cuz if so, Charizard is Flying type, too. Ooh! Bug/Rock type! Dwebble/Crustle!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
By the way, I have some Nintendo related rumblings, that are from a valid person this time mind you, possibly relating to Super Smash Bros.

I do have some more stories in the pipeline for next year, and I’ll try to get one in particular out in January. The one I have in mind is huge and should be a real crowd pleaser. Before I share what it is though, I have to confirm a few things. I’ll give you a couple of hints in the fashion that I did for Title Fight…shortly. For now, know that it’s for Wii U and 3DS. Thank you and here’s to 2012!

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/201...rk-has-one-last-tease-for-you-a-2012-shocker/
It is not certain that it will be Super Smash Bros related, but it is a good possibility since that is the only Wii U / 3DS title that we know of at this time that would fit the criteria of "crowd pleaser". Not to say that it is but it has a better chance than not I think. Still, it might also be a new title.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just out of the Pokémon? Cuz if so, Charizard is Flying type, too. Ooh! Bug/Rock type! Dwebble/Crustle!

I forgot about that damn dragon wannabe. Kidding, love the guy.

Okay, but I don't want to triple rep one time. That, and let's be honest, is there any other bug type that's somewhat humanoid to choose?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
By the way, I have some Nintendo related rumblings, that are from a valid person this time mind you, possibly relating to Super Smash Bros.

It is not certain that it will be Super Smash Bros related, but it is a good possibility since that is the only Wii U / 3DS title that we know of at this time that would fit the criteria of "crowd pleaser". Not to say that it is but it has a better chance than not I think. Still, it might also be a new title.
This is awesome, hopefully this guy is legit and we have something to look forward to soon. :cool:

"Get ready for a power trip!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom