• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh yeah, I forgot about Goroh. He's not a particularly interesting sword-user.

I'm glad to FINALLY hear some things about Shulk that makes him interesting. ANYWAY, I really don't think Isaac should be using his sword much at all. What sets him apart from the roster is his Psynergy abilities, so they should be emphasized heavily. I think he has some special Psynergy sword attack thing, so I guess that could be a Special move, A-combo with a sword makes sense, MAYBE two of his tilts and two or three aerials, but that's it. *CROSS ARMS*

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You mean besides the throwing up noises it makes when trying to enunciate his name?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Its a lost cause because you're trying to promote validity to counter arguments that are intrinsically one track. So the heads that you're trying to convince, each hold bias for albeit lame reasons.

As long as the character is unique and diverse enough to build upon, it has my support. Same reason I can see a character like Krystal in (many thanks to Kuma's reasoning).
Your so quick to judge aren't you?

What I PERSONALLY am seeing far too much here is people don't understand the vallue of a character being "immortalised" in Smash. Too much of the same old is BORING. Hence why even far more iconic characters than Princess Zelda as Mario, Link, Samus and Donkey Kong received many significant changes throughout the Smash games. They got these change in style and play not because people didn't liked them obviously, but to fit their persona better and not make every Smash the same.

Besides, Sheik's moveset is completely made up. What is so unique about that?

Now I get it with both Captain Falcon and the StarFox characters, but they are far not as out of place as Sheik is. Not going too much into detail here but: anyone could fit the ninja playstyle easily. You DON'T need Sheik for that. And the Zelda / Sheik concept AS IT IS isn't as good as it could be. Hence my arguements FOR Impa are mostly AGAINST Sheik, but Impa easily fits the bill where Sheik would- and as I said before I think she does it better in many different ways.

Basically that whole analysis you did in which I didn't reply too deeply into could be thrown back to Sheik just as hard, and with more effect. Impa wasn't needed for story progession, or at least NOT IN SKYWARD SWORD, in which she would be based of instead of her OoT-form (where she was the tutor). Sheik however was. It's very funny actually. As Sheik is the one who is totally a narator for the story and tutor for Link ever since you meet her till the end. And the only thing she really does is teaching you songs to warp from place to place, tell you where to go next, and give you the Light Arrows at the end. If that's not a supporting role I don't know what is. FAR from the extend Meta Knight and Diddy Kong are, or ever have been.

But if your just here poking at me at for being probably smarter than me with making fancy analysises and calling me biased and lame, I won't back down even for that. As your arguement is flawled unless you exactly know what your talking about.

I'll still back off from this now however. All I'm saying is that with Skyward Sword out, and given Impa's role in it it's the perfect time to cut off Sheik and replace her finally with an overall more significant character. If Sheik however IS in Smash 4, I'll shut up about this forever. Untill then, screw her for taking up needed roster spots. It was awesome in Melee, and a cute referance to OoT in Brawl, but Smash 4 needs to move past 1998 and add in characters who are ACTUALLY retro.

Sheik fits in no where. An alter ego to a character who up untill recently (Skyward Sword again) didn't even had that much of a role either anyway and was probably only in cause she's the flagship of the series, and female. Now Zelda has evolved into a character different from what she was in Smash, finally. Thus she should FINALLY be given the proper resprentation by first of all cutting of her overdated alter ego from another life time with just one very unimportant role in a game which has been milked out on for far too long. :glare:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As much as people dont like the idea of a animal crossing character playable, i think there should be one. Its like the last really important series that doesnt have a character.
There's always the playable characters from those games. If not them, then maybe some more Assist Trophies should be considered.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Oh okay.

IMO, that stuff sounds better for an AT role rather than a playable one. I'll have to look up some videos later of all that in action to get a better idea.
Heres a vid showing some of the things he can do in battle if you have time to watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFaqxVKKqfo&feature=related

And my personal moveset:

[COLLAPSE="shulk moveset"]Shulk
Shulk uses the mysterious Monado as his weapon. His damage output is very high, but his moves are quite slow. He can also stand aside and support teammates using a stat buff, or use it solo to increases his own stats.

B - Monado Arts - Shulk hols the Monado overhead as it unleashes it's power. It's energy blade extends out several times it's usual length and he slashes it downwards. Mid-high damgae and knockback. Has quite a bit of starting and ending lag to balance out its long reach.

Side B - Stream Edge - Shulk slashes the Monado, creating a energy shockwave. It travels across the ground and dissipates at a set distance. The longer the wave travels the lower its damage.

Up B - Back Slash - Shulk leaps into the air and slashes downwards. Mid-low damage and kockback. Damage is doubled if you hit the opponent from behind. Goes into freefall state afterwards.

Down B - Party Buff - Shulk unleashes an aura of energy from the Monado. Has 2 of these effects at random. (Damage increase by 20%, defense increase by 20%, movement speed increase by 20% or no effect) Effect applies to Shulk and his teammates if you are playing in a Team Match.

Final Smash - Awakening - Shulk lets the Monado take over as his eyes glow blue. He is engulfed with energy and begins darting from opponent to opponent slashing wildly, doing heavy damage and knockback. After a few moments the attack ends.[/COLLAPSE]

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I wonder how I was quick to judge, I'd love to take a moment to stress the importance of reading posts for context, not subtext.

Things get controversial much too quickly.

But if your just here poking at me at for being probably smarter than me with making fancy analysises and calling me biased and lame, I won't back down even for that. As your arguement is flawled unless you exactly know what your talking about.
Case in point, I've been on your side since the beginning. But how would you know unless you read into my points.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I want lots of misc. characters in SSB4, including Tom Nook, Starfy, Ray, Shulk, Lip, the Prince of Sable, Sukapon, and Bubbles.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
:troll:

I have a strong feeling we will see Nintendo unveil a new series from their mainline teams at E3 2012.
I recall Toise pointing out that there has never been a new IP added as a playable character that wasn't well established? Like, all the franchises with playable characters had their games come out before the previous smash installment? For example, Pikmin came out before Melee, and he was added in brawl. It's probably just coincidence, but I do think that only well established series should be added (for the most part) as a playable character anyways.

Did Olimar have trophies in Melee?...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I want lots of misc. characters in SSB4, including Tom Nook, Starfy, Ray, Shulk, Lip, the Prince of Sable, Sukapon, and Bubbles.
At one point, I was thinking of including Bubbles and Eggplant Man, but I later scrapped them, since they were just fillers.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not Interesting? I'm hearing that being thrown around quite a bit when discussing these characters.

I'm starting to see why Sakurai had many of them as ATs in Brawl... lol

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Pikmin did have some trophies in Melee, I think, but you have to had a save file of Pikmin on your memory card beforehand to unlock them, IIRC.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Not Interesting? I'm hearing that being thrown around quite a bit when discussing these characters.

I'm starting to see why Sakurai had many of them as ATs in Brawl... lol
The truth hurts. Even Ridley, my number 1 choice isn't as interesting as lets say, Dark Samus or Anthony Higgs. You know he would either be a slow but powerful flyer like Charizard, or a fast and rapid-attacking flyer like Metaknight.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Pikmin did have some trophies in Melee, I think, but you have to had a save file of Pikmin on your memory card beforehand to unlock them.
Pikmin had two trophies in Melee.

The trophy of the Pikmin themselves could be received in Melee. The Captain Olimar trophy could only be obtained if you had a save file of Pikmin on your memory card that you used for Melee.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pikmin had two trophies in Melee.
That's something to think about I guess. Was Pikmin the only series who got the whole "FUTURE RELEASE" treatment in Melee? OH, AC DID TOO... right? Yeah, and they supposedly almost had a character in Brawl. I feel like, in some cases at least, trophies can help us see who Sakurai is interested in, or at least how they COULD play if they were in smash.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Heres a vid showing some of the things he can do in battle if you have time to watch it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFaqxVKKqfo&feature=related

And my personal moveset:

[COLLAPSE="shulk moveset"]Shulk
Shulk uses the mysterious Monado as his weapon. His damage output is very high, but his moves are quite slow. He can also stand aside and support teammates using a stat buff, or use it solo to increases his own stats.

B - Monado Arts - Shulk hols the Monado overhead as it unleashes it's power. It's energy blade extends out several times it's usual length and he slashes it downwards. Mid-high damgae and knockback. Has quite a bit of starting and ending lag to balance out its long reach.

Side B - Stream Edge - Shulk slashes the Monado, creating a energy shockwave. It travels across the ground and dissipates at a set distance. The longer the wave travels the lower its damage.

Up B - Back Slash - Shulk leaps into the air and slashes downwards. Mid-low damage and kockback. Damage is doubled if you hit the opponent from behind. Goes into freefall state afterwards.

Down B - Party Buff - Shulk unleashes an aura of energy from the Monado. Has 2 of these effects at random. (Damage increase by 20%, defense increase by 20%, movement speed increase by 20% or no effect) Effect applies to Shulk and his teammates if you are playing in a Team Match.

Final Smash - Awakening - Shulk lets the Monado take over as his eyes glow blue. He is engulfed with energy and begins darting from opponent to opponent slashing wildly, doing heavy damage and knockback. After a few moments the attack ends.[/COLLAPSE]
Wow, that actually would be pretty unique. I like it. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wonder how I was quick to judge, I'd love to take a moment to stress the importance of reading posts for context, not subtext.

Things get controversial much too quickly.

Case in point, I've been on your side since the beginning. But how would you know unless you read into my points.
Your vocabularity is too good, and my brain too full of 'magical fun' at this represent moment to completely understand everything in what is for me my second language. I'll read up again. Have to get smarter somehow. :)

Roy had 'Future Release' on his throphy to. And this cube headed dog thingy to...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The truth hurts. Even Ridley, my number 1 choice isn't as interesting as lets say, Dark Samus or Anthony Higgs.
If its interesting to you, that's really all that matters. Regardless of whether or not people share the same insight, that shouldn't change how you see a character.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
That's something to think about I guess. Was Pikmin the only series who got the whole "FUTURE RELEASE" treatment in Melee? OH, AC DID TOO... right? Yeah, and they supposedly almost had a character in Brawl. I feel like, in some cases at least, trophies can help us see who Sakurai is interested in, or at least how they COULD play if they were in smash.
Animal Crossing got three "future release" trophies (though Animal Crossing had already been released in April 2001). Animal Crossing's trophies in Melee were Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti, and Totakeke.

You also had Alpha of Cubivore also get a "future release" trophy.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anthony Higgs would be the ULTIMATE wtf-character for Smash 4. :D I've voted for him also on the poll.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel like, in some cases at least, trophies can help us see who Sakurai is interested in, or at least how they COULD play if they were in smash.
I think even if the character is really recent and the time exists to place them in, Sakurai will opt to place them in if they intrigue him enough. This was seen with Roy (of which it was actually Sakurai's idea to place him in, and not Intelligent Systems).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You also had Alpha of Cubivore also get a "future release" trophy.
How much do we know about that game? I wonder why it got a trophy... I figure Nintendo must have thought it would sell well, OR it was being released really close to the same time Melee was, and Sakurai wanted to add it as a trophy.

But yeah, characters like Toad and Krystal have "talking trophies" imo. If you read them, you can get a feel for how they COULD play in Smash.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I noticed something. What if sakurai didnt want to make anyone who was an assist trophy in brawl playable for whatever reason and just wanted to leave them as they are as assist trophies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I noticed something. What if sakurai didnt want to make anyone who was an assist trophy in brawl playable for whatever reason and just wanted to leave them as they are as assist trophies.
That would severely suck. Atleast six(Isaac, Waluigi, Saki, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Starfy) reasonable choices have that route. If not more.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
The only redeemable ones were Waluigi, Saki and Isaac in the first place. Im sure they'll get over it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Anthony Higgs would be the ULTIMATE wtf-character for Smash 4. :D I've voted for him also on the poll.
Nope, that'd be the little box guy from AR games. :troll: . Actually, I think that could be interesting, he could represent DS applications.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really don't like the idea of Waluigi playable... So I'll just count 5.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really don't like the idea of Waluigi playable... So I'll just count 5.
Nope, 6. That's not counting any other ones I couldn't think of at the time. Any Pokeball Pokemon or Assist Trophy could become playable. Don't believe me? Charizard says Hi.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
XD

N, Metal isn't that competitive. Don't attack the innocent boy!

Pichu Fan: Looking at how it seemed like Sakurai wanted Saki to be playable somewhat and Charizard's upgrading to playable status, I doubt Sakurai would do that.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
So i dont think sheik needs be a costume. If youre fighting someone who is so hard and you pick zelda just change too sheik.

i want Dr.mario as a costume.

D

Deleted member

@Pichu Fan on sword users: Likely? I'm not too sure on that. I guess Takamaru, Isaac, and Saki (Roy if Chrome is not received well).

For new series characters I want; here are some:

- Ray
- Saki
- Isaac
- Little Mac
- Starfy
- Chibi-Robo
- Tom Nook
- Takamaru
- Lip
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Diskun
ChronoBound said:
While we are on the topic of new series possibly getting a newcomer. One series that seems to have collapse in terms of requests is Ray from Custom Robo. Prior to Brawl's release, Ray was up there with Olimar, Animal Crossing, and Isaac in terms of requests (for characters with a series that is lacking a playable character). Now he is barely requested at all. The primary reason for this is how the series has been hiatus since late 2006/early 2007 (the same reason for why there are hardly any requests for a new F-Zero character).
:(

With the franchise not likely to continue, I have lost a lot of hope for Ray's inclusion for SSB4. A shame, since that's probably my most wanted new series newcomer for SSB4.
ChronoBound said:
I have a strong feeling we will see Nintendo unveil a new series from their mainline teams at E3 2012.
Shigeru Miyamoto has been hinting at a new series for a long time. But I doubt it'll get in Smash until Smash 5 (but then again, there's Roy that shows I could be wrong).

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
That would severely suck. Atleast six(Isaac, Waluigi, Saki, Lyn, Samurai Goroh, Starfy) reasonable choices have that route. If not more.
Don't forget Tingle. Also, i just made a moveset for the AR box.
Neutral B: Archery : Similar to Link's bow, except it can't be charged. It has more knockback but less damage
Side B: AR shot: He knocks a large iron ball forward. When it stops, it just sits there, not going aay until you use it again. It doesn't have a hitbox after it stops moving, but can be hit again to start it moving.
Up B: Fishing: a basic tether recovery.
Down b: Graffiti: AR Box uses graffiti to make a shield in front of him.
FS: Dragon assault: All 3 AR dragons start ravaging the stage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't forget Tingle. Also, i just made a moveset for the AR box.
Neutral B: Archery : Similar to Link's bow, except it can't be charged. It has more knockback but less damage
Side B: AR shot: He knocks a large iron ball forward. When it stops, it just sits there, not going aay until you use it again. It doesn't have a hitbox after it stops moving, but can be hit again to start it moving.
Up B: Fishing: a basic tether recovery.
Down b: Graffiti: AR Box uses graffiti to make a shield in front of him.
FS: Dragon assault: All 3 AR dragons start ravaging the stage.
Well, I did say "if not more". I couldn't remember them all. 7 fairly notable ones. I'm sure there's a few interesting choices I forgot. Likewise, I'm not going to count generic Mario enemies... tanks... Excite Bike... there's a few that seem silly. I'd say Shadow, but you know, we don't need more than one character from a Third Party franchise. Not that he wouldn't be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom