• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There are plenty of sword characters being suggested now though... I do see your point there Chrono. As in Isaac vs Shulk, I really wouldn't know who would make it but it's indeed LIKELY we'll not be getting both. It's up to Sakurai to decide who makes it. I do favour Isaac to Shulk however, but I didn't play Xenoblade (even though I live in Europe and had the oppertunity far longer than you guys did).

Lets count the sword characters shall we? :)
I think we have: Takamaru, Saki, Isaac, Chrome, Shulk, Roy, Sable Prince, Magnus, Samurai Goroh, a revamped Ganondorf, Ghirahim... Yeah the list it pretty big...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Its a lost cause because you're trying to promote validity to counter arguments that are intrinsically one track. So the heads that you're trying to convince, each hold bias for albeit lame reasons.

As long as the character is unique and diverse enough to build upon, it has my support. Same reason I can see a character like Krystal in (many thanks to Kuma's reasoning).

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
There are plenty of sword characters being suggested now though... I do see your point there Chrono. As in Isaac vs Shulk, I really wouldn't know who would make it but it's indeed LIKELY we'll not be getting both. It's up to Sakurai to decide who makes it. I do favour Isaac to Shulk however, but I didn't play Xenoblade (even though I live in Europe and had the oppertunity far longer than you guys did).
I was thinking about that. Just imagine getting Isaac, Shulk and Saki, 3 blondish swordusers. And people were annoyed with 2 bluehaired swordsman in the past.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SS not selling well? Thankfully sales don't matter at all, still I find that surprising none the less.

As for sword characters there are a lot of them, thankfully they can all be unique in their own ways.

Roy - Flame Sword
Saki - Gun Sword
Takamaru - Katana and various projectiles
Issac - Sword and Psyenergy
Shulk - (I'm not sure, I haven't see any gameplay of Xenoblade yet, I'm too lazy :p)

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
He should use his sword for A attacks, but his specials had better all be psynergy. They could probably even get by with no sword at all.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Hardly

Tri-Hy, I have yet to see your 'genuine' response. I rather enjoyed the link you posted.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Sword users in Smash Bros. are incredibly popular in Japan. We will very likely see more of them in Smash 4.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tri-Hy, I have yet to see your 'genuine' response. I rather enjoyed the link you posted.
???

I'm sorry, what was that for again?

D

Deleted member

AetherEch0s said:
The way i see it, Dark Dawn ruined GoldenSun's chances of a rep. Poor sales and reviews didnt help the fact that every game uses a different protagonist. Isaac is just being pushed further and further back in importance, atleast in Smash terms.
Reviews were not bad for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn at all. While not as good as the previous installments, it was still solid at worst. I also doubt Sakurai cares much for sales.

Finally, Isaac appeared in every single Golden Sun game. Main protagonist of the original and also appears in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn. Marth disappeared from Fire Emblem entirely after January, 1994 and he got into Melee.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'll try to give you my own answer to your other question in a sec. I'm not that good with philosophical questions. lol
Ring any bells? I just ask because I'm starting to notice criteria arguments again. It would be nice to know there's someone to bounce my satirical thoughts off of.

Reviews were not bad for Golden Sun: Dark Dawn at all. While not as good as the previous installments, it was still solid at worst. I also doubt Sakurai cares much for sales.

Finally, Isaac appeared in every single Golden Sun game. Main protagonist of the original and also appears in The Lost Age and Dark Dawn. Marth disappeared from Fire Emblem entirely after January, 1994 and he got into Melee.
I now announce the winner of the "This of the year" award

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I do see Shulk and Isaac competing for a spot (two blonde-haired sword wielders from cult hit RPGs).

For whatever its worth, I heard Xenoblade is the best RPG on the Wii, and many have claimed it to be the best JRPG of the past console generation.

On the topic of Marth and FE3, Monsho no Nazo was incredibly popular in Japan (even getting a OVA). No other Fire Emblem has come close to it in terms of sales.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
SS not selling well? Thankfully sales don't matter at all, still I find that surprising none the less.

As for sword characters there are a lot of them, thankfully they can all be unique in their own ways.

Roy - Flame Sword
Saki - Gun Sword
Takamaru - Katana and various projectiles
Issac - Sword and Psyenergy
Shulk - (I'm not sure, I haven't see any gameplay of Xenoblade yet, I'm too lazy :p)
Shulk uses a large 2-handed sword with lightsaber like extension capabilities. You need to see a xenoblade trailer, they are epic. I want it so badly.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know it's a weird question, but are there any obvious Psynergy attacks that Isaac would use in the air? I mean, I know it's weird for a Ground-type Pokemon to use Flying-type attacks, but it can't be helped.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Some likely sword users
-Issac
-Shulk
-Prince Sable
-Galacta Knight
-Ghirahim
-Saki
-Samurai Goroh
-Takamaru
-Magnus
-Young Link
-Roy
-HUNDREDS of fire emblem characters...

YA. I favor issac, prince sable and ghirahim.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Perhaps the standard Psynergies. Aerials might be a good place for MOVE, except more force push less giant hand.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
While we are on the topic of new series possibly getting a newcomer. One series that seems to have collapse in terms of requests is Ray from Custom Robo. Prior to Brawl's release, Ray was up there with Olimar, Animal Crossing, and Isaac in terms of requests (for characters with a series that is lacking a playable character). Now he is barely requested at all. The primary reason for this is how the series has been hiatus since late 2006/early 2007 (the same reason for why there are hardly any requests for a new F-Zero character).

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I know it's a weird question, but are there any obvious Psynergy attacks that Isaac would use in the air? I mean, I know it's weird for a Ground-type Pokemon to use Flying-type attacks, but it can't be helped.
Spire would work in the air, and pretty much any of the Fire/Earth moves like planet diver and such.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I wonder when everyone is going to forget about Prince Sabure again? It's been like, two years since I've talked about him with Arcade. I find it weird that this rumor peaked everyone's interest in him so much.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ring any bells? I just ask because I'm starting to notice criteria arguments again. It would be nice to know there's someone to bounce my satirical thoughts off of.
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot. :(

I'll repost the criteria again when the time comes, people are very forgetful around here.

I do see Shulk and Isaac competing for a spot (two blonde-haired sword wielders from cult hit RPGs).

For whatever its worth, I heard Xenoblade is the best RPG on the Wii, and many have claimed it to be the best JRPG of the past console generation.
What can Shulk do exactly, we've never really gone into it other than he is a sword user of some kind.

Also, eat your heart out Final Fantasy. :p

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
N: maybe to make up for lack of aerial-fit Psynergy, he'd use his sword for the aerial attacks?

Chrono: True that... but maybe him being least expected, he might actually appear as playable?

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Oh yeah, sorry I forgot. :(

I'll repost the criteria again when the time comes, people are very forgetful around here.

What can Shulk do exactly, we've never really gone into it other than he is a sword user of some kind.

Also, eat your heart out Final Fantasy. :p
He has a bunch of "technique" like attacks such as shooting sword shockwaves, doing a jumping spiral slash, etc. His "signature" attack of sorts is making a huge laser sword extend out from his normal sword and doing an overhead slash with it. He can also buff his party members, which could lend to his uniqueness in smash.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Final Fantasy really dropped the ball this generation. Though the same could be said for the JPRG genre as a whole this generation.

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
I wonder when everyone is going to forget about Prince Sabure again? It's been like, two years since I've talked about him with Arcade. I find it weird that this rumor peaked everyone's interest in him so much.
I've been interested in him since the fan translation of his game. Its given him a huge boost in popularity and it will probably last a while as more and more people are getting exposed to it after all these years.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He has a bunch of "technique" like attacks such as shooting sword shockwaves, doing a jumping spiral slash, etc. His "signature" attack of sorts is making a huge laser sword extend out from his normal sword and doing an overhead slash with it. He can also buff his party members, which could lend to his uniqueness in smash.
Oh okay.

IMO, that stuff sounds better for an AT role rather than a playable one. I'll have to look up some videos later of all that in action to get a better idea.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I just want to say I would love for The Prince of Sable to get in, I don't like Little Mac, he's boring.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Young Horsetail said:
Maybe to make up for lack of aerial-fit Psynergy, he'd use his sword for the aerial attacks?
Yes I imagine something similar, perhaps even a combination of the two.

As I recall, some conversations over his play style suggest it he'd be more grounded. Playing on the distinction.

Ah yes, befits methinks.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can't say that I am personally interested in any new series newcomers, aside from maybe Little Mac. Nintendo really needs to develop some new series, and I am talking about their main teams that need to do it.

On a side note, I am expecting Rhythm Heaven to get at least a stage and an Assist Trophy in Smash 4.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I agree with you there. Do you mind listing those series?

You know, as a side note and all.

Metal, I'll have to double post to get ahead of you

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
As much as people dont like the idea of a animal crossing character playable, i think there should be one. Its like the last really important series that doesnt have a character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think FIVE new series is enough. A retro, plus Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, and another character would be more than enough IMO. Tom Nook *dreams* or Saki would be cool. Or go with a WTF and add Jill.

As much as people dont like the idea of a animal crossing character playable, i think there should be one. Its like the last really important series that doesnt have a character.
One of the few smaller franchises I really want to see a character from. Villager or Nook, they could play really cool.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I think FIVE new series is enough. A retro, plus Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, and another character would be more than enough IMO. Tom Nook *dreams* or Saki would be cool. Or go with a WTF and add Lip.
:troll:

I have a strong feeling we will see Nintendo unveil a new series from their mainline teams at E3 2012.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm quite a huge fan of Rhythm Heaven, and I totally agree. Make the attacks stay in rhythm and the attacks could get more power and range akin to Lucario's aura. Pretty much inspired by Hanenbow, but done RIGHT. (The stage should be standardly build)

Add an option to choose any music from SSB4 to be played in that stage for unlimited variety (And dance parties)

Chrono: High Five for more Lip-supporters man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom