• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not sure why you'd say it's VERY LIKELY that Zelda related stuff in Sm4sh won't be based on Skyward Sword. It's still going to be the most major Zelda game by the time Sm4sh begins development. By the time something like Zelda Wii U is far enough along in development to lend its assets to Sm4sh, it'll be too late. Mario Galaxy was shown at the same time as Brawl and even released before it, yet I don't think it had anything more than a CHRONICLES mention in the game. Not even a single sticker.

It's VERY LIKELY that Link and Zelda will have SS designs in Sm4sh, as well as a SS stage.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
But he needs something, something that would help him against projectile characters like Falco, Link etc. He can get shut down so easily.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But he needs something, something that would help him against projectile characters like Falco, Link etc. He can get shut down so easily.
He needs more than just a new projectile. A lot more.

D

Deleted member

--- said:
Would you believe I'm actually starting to prefer those debates to this?
I know I do. Those discussions are at least something that still interest me whereas I absolutely cannot stand Sheik vs. Impa debates. Seriously, the Impa band wagon needs to die and I don't want to hear replacements requests for Sheik anymore.

D

Deleted member

@---: I also have to agree that Wario's music are weird and are pretty hard to get into. At least it's creative, I'll say that.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I know I do. Those discussions are at least something that still interest me whereas I absolutely cannot stand Sheik vs. Impa debates. Seriously, the Impa band wagon needs to die and I don't want to hear replacements requests for Sheik anymore.
Well if you're getting bored like I am, I just posted the character criteria for the people on Gamefaqs.

It's hilarious to read how randomly they post, most of them didn't even read the criteria before posting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not sure why you'd say it's VERY LIKELY that Zelda related stuff in Sm4sh won't be based on Skyward Sword. It's still going to be the most major Zelda game by the time Sm4sh begins development. By the time something like Zelda Wii U is far enough along in development to lend its assets to Sm4sh, it'll be too late. Mario Galaxy was shown at the same time as Brawl and even released before it, yet I don't think it had anything more than a CHRONICLES mention in the game. Not even a single sticker.

It's VERY LIKELY that Link and Zelda will have SS designs in Sm4sh, as well as a SS stage.
Then all the good reasons to have a character from it no? I would honestly like the designs for Link and Zelda, and they'd probably fit in better that way by not looking too detailed, or over 'realistic' with all those cartoony characters.

I don't see any reason for Impa to be playable in the first place. Skyward Sword is the first game where she has played any role other than reoccurring NPC, and she hardly surpasses that role here. Even within the game she is easily overshadowed by Groose and Ghirahim, both of which are very unique and full of new personality for the series. Impa on the other hand, is just Sheik, and i mean a carbon copy of Sheik. Its probably intentional. Just because she is "reoccuring" in a sense doesn't give her priority over better more potent characters from the same game.
It's way different, and I'd argue that Impa's role is much greater in SS than Sheik was in OoT. I'd go into spoiler mode, but I know some are reading who are yet to play SS. Not to mention; Impa also had a significant role as Sage in OoT, and was literally Zelda's tutor to become Sheik. That she's overlooked doesn't mean that she's not important.

Anyways, I'd also like to move on cause nobody is either taking it serious, or is too obstinate in their opinion to change. Whereas I'll keep on saying that Sheik is still the least deserving character of a playable spot in Smash who's still in. Replacing her with Impa is just merely ONE suggestion. They could also make another character fitting the Sheik-playstyle easily. I would just prefer it to be Impa. They could also remove Sheik 'subtile' like with Mewtwo, and add in Impa with a whole different kind of moveset (like Lucario > Mewtwo) and have a tweak of Sheik here and there on her and for the newer characters.

Anyone up for discussion character revamps in general??

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Takamaru in Smash 4! Having a Samurai in any fighting game is instantly awesome!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
^^^Best thing I've read all DAY! I'm your man.
Thanks mate. :)

And yes, Takamaru would be awesome! Do I dare say this -yes I think I do- he could be very good if they'd consider removing Toon Link as the character who's attacks are not really strong overall, but linked up they really ARE, like Toon Link's F-Smash. Toon Link's F-Smash is basically the way I picture Takamaru's whole moveset for some reason. Hit once, then hit twice much harder, while leaving himself open, but make up for it by having some faster attacks. I do not however picture him as a fast runner, but more kinda like Ike's running speed. Weight being around Mario's, but better jumping than Link.

Maybe people will even mistake him for a Fire Emblem character I've been thinking. :p Never play his game however, and cannot find anything on Google. Does someone have a video or something?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Thanks mate. :)

And yes, Takamaru would be awesome! Do I dare say this -yes I think I do- he could be very good if they'd consider removing Toon Link as the character who's attacks are not really strong overall, but linked up they really ARE, like Toon Link's F-Smash. Toon Link's F-Smash is basically the way I picture Takamaru's whole moveset for some reason. Hit once, then hit twice much harder, while leaving himself open, but make up for it by having faster attacks.

Maybe people will even mistake him for a Fire Emblem character I've been thinking. :p Never play his game however, and cannot find anything on Google. Does someone have a video or something?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXLEtKo5jcY

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Has anyone else besides myself, and maybe Oasis, played his game yet?

Anyway, he'd be a great addition for Smash, although with all of his projectiles he seems to be more of a ninja IMO.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Young Horsetail: ...Did you just call Samus a man? Unless I misread that.

And no, Sheik played a major role in OOT. I can't say much for the SS Impa, but replacing a two-time veteran(who is Zelda, and thus, a main character) with a secondary character is really unrealistic.

Now let's drop it, please. It just isn't believable by any means.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What sort of projectiles? The vid doesn't load for some reason...

And personally, playing the Harp isn't much of a role to me. Yes, Sheik teaches you the songs and gives you the Light Arrows, but that's about it. She is also sort of fighting the boss from the Shadow Temple (as an attempt to safe Impa actually). Just play SS to the finish and you'll see. I didn't even think much of Impa either at the beginning, untill I understood.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Yeah, it is

BTW, I'm thinking about picking up where Java left off with his Custom Music Archive idea in his absence since he isn't really around as much...
Please feel free to. I'm probably not going to be talking on this thread much anymore - just lost interest after a couple of "cycles". It'd be nice for someone to update that rather antique archive. :)

Based on the first world from the latest Wario Land game, Ratl Ruins makes an appearance.

Stage Name: Ratl Ruins
Stage Icon: W

Wario Land: Shake It - Stonecarving City
Super Mario Land 2: 6 GC - Wario's Castle
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 - Overworld
Virtual Boy Wario Land - The Misterious Caves
Wario Land 3 - Pure Rudy (Final Boss)
Wario Land 4 - Toy Block Tower
Wario Land 4 - Toxic Landfill
Wario World - Greenhorn Ruins
Wario: Master of Disguise - Cannoli
Wario Land Shake It - Mt. Lava Lava
Fossil Fighters Champions - BB Brigade Battle
Super Mario Land - Easton Kingdom (Brawl)
Finally a Wario Land stage from someone. Thank you.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Watching now, and it seems like Takamaru indeed is heavily projectile based. He also would probably be faster than Link in running yes. Basically a good 'anti-Link' character idea. Still like him. Hopefully we'll get a 3DS remake internationally some day.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Watching now, and it seems like Takamaru indeed is heavily projectile based. He also would probably be faster than Link in running yes. Basically a good 'anti-Link' character idea. Still like him. Hopefully we'll get a 3DS remake internationally some day.
Takamaru doesn't appear to be heavily hampered, in terms of equipment, so one would think that he'd be a faster character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Has anyone else besides myself, and maybe Oasis, played his game yet?

Anyway, he'd be a great addition for Smash, although with all of his projectiles he seems to be more of a ninja IMO.
I have (as you might expect)- maan, his game is so difficult! Like first Zelda but without puzzles and NINJAS EVERYWHERE and difficulty as memorable as with Metroid or Kid Icarus. (-0_o-)

But yeah, he'd be awesome addition: I expect him to have quick defensive attacks with lots of projectile using like Link. Also he could block projectiles with his katana and I'm sure Invisibility cloak will be used as one of the specials. Diddy has some good ideas for him.

Final Smash should be the lightning spell which strikes thunderbolts on every opponent in the screen, no matter where they are. Sounds broken, I know.

Falchion: I guess I readed Metroid NES Manual again. XD

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Then all the good reasons to have a character from it no? I would honestly like the designs for Link and Zelda, and they'd probably fit in better that way by not looking too detailed, or over 'realistic' with all those cartoony characters.
Not really. Link, Zelda, a stage, music, and trophies would be fine. Just like in Brawl. People wanted Midna, but that didn't happen. Ghirahim is the standout character from Skyward Sword anyhow.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah for Japan, not for the rest of the world I guess.

And hopefully this'll make Takamaru the more projectile based character instead of Link. I never really liked the idea that Link had Bombs and a Boomerang in Smash anyway. I always suggested him having the Sword Beam / Skyward Strike since I knew it was in SS (would work amazingly well for a Forward B) and Down B can be the newly improved Spin Attack while we'd finally get a decent Up B perhaps for Link??

Anyways, am totally up for it. Voted for him to on the poll if it counts.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Stick to your guns, Diddy man. I may not agree with you but I truly do find it fascinating how much you support Impa, reminds me of my own support for Viewtiful Joe. :)

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please feel free to. I'm probably not going to be talking on this thread much anymore - just lost interest after a couple of "cycles". It'd be nice for someone to update that rather antique archive. :)

Finally a Wario Land stage from someone. Thank you.
Thank you, also I don't blame you for getting bored, hense the last few pages, just come back and visit. ;)

I have (as you might expect)- maan, his game is so difficult! Like first Zelda but without puzzles and NINJAS EVERYWHERE and difficulty as memorable as with Metroid or Kid Icarus. (-0_o-)

But yeah, he'd be awesome addition: I expect him to have quick defensive attacks with lots of projectile using like Link. Also he could block projectiles with his katana and I'm sure Invisibility cloak will be used as one of the specials. Diddy has some good ideas for him.

Final Smash should be the lightning spell which strikes thunderbolts on every opponent in the screen, no matter where they are. Sounds broken, I know.
And hopefully this'll make Takamaru the more projectile based character instead of Link. I never really liked the idea that Link had Bombs and a Boomerang in Smash anyway. I always suggested him having the Sword Beam / Skyward Strike since I knew it was in SS (would work amazingly well for a Forward B) and Down B can be the newly improved Spin Attack while we'd finally get a decent Up B perhaps for Link??
It sounds like Takamaru will be the new Link. lol

It also sounds like it'd be a good time to re-post my stage concept.

Taken from the final step in journey of the samurai apprentice Takamaru, it's the mysterious Murasame Castle!

Over all it's a pretty simple stage. As fighting takes place a top the highest balconey and roof of the castle.

The only main gimake is that occationally (if item's are turned on) friendly Tanookis will appear to aid fighters by dropping items if attacked. Also occasionally, the final boss, the Murasame Statue, itself will blast a hole in the center of the stage. However, just like the Metal Gears it does nothing but look on mensisingly.

Other then that it's a pretty atmospheric stage; it glows an eerie purple color and lightning repeatly strikes the top of the castle in the background. Also within the background one may see the 4 beginning castles Takamaru must visit can also be sited each all growing their own eerie colors. Along with Ninja's who jump around the stage's background.

Stage Name: Murasame Castle
Stage Icon: Japanese Castle

Stage Example:

x_______x
/xxxxxxxxx\
x________x

Tracks:
Nazo no Murasamejo - Main Theme - Douchuumen
Nazo no Murasamejo - Castle Theme
Nazo no Murasamejo - Murasame's Theme (Final Boss)
Famicom Detective Club Part II - Title Theme
Kirby's Adventure - Forest Area
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Summoning Dance
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Violet Sky
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages - Tarm Ruins
StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge - Main Dungeon
Shin Onigashima - Shin Onigashima (Brawl)
Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen (Original) (Brawl)
Mega Man 6 - Yamato Man (If MM is in)

Credit also goes to Star for helping me out with the music. ;)

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Yeah for Japan, not for the rest of the world I guess.

Anyways, am totally up for it. Voted for him to on the poll if it counts.

Or his Skyward Strike can be like a mini projectile for his Foward Smash.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
YES! Prince sable is awesome, with frog and snake transformations he would be epic.

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You said that before yes, and I'll stick to my guns as long as someone says the idea of having Impa is stupid. Because it's not. Most logical step they could make, and imo by far the best representation from Skyward Sword. Besides perhaps an Demise-inspired Ganondorf moveset (nobody will say they wouldn't like this idea c'mon now).

Kinda makes me wonder how much Metal Overlord supported Joe back in the days though. I do remember somebody being very supportive of him indeed, and I might've been involved dissed the idea, so sorry if I did that. I did not really consider him too important but I never played any games of him.

And yeah, we've jumped back from 1998 to 1986 it seems. :laugh:

Takamaru being the new Link makes far more sence than Link being... Link in Smash. What went wrong?

Actually my idea of the Skyward Sword is basically how it's implemented in Skyward Sword. You'd charge your blade by doing forward B and it would make the Master Sword glow. And for as long as it glows (up to 15 seconds I think would be good) you'd be able to use the projectile either by pressing Forward B again, or do any other sword attack in the direction you want (including the Fair, not on Down or Up Air though, and perhaps also not Up Smash and Up Tilt, though it would be all more unique).

And make it as realistic as possible, by it being able to cut through most other projectiles (say, Samus's missles, Pika's Thunder Jolts, Diddy's peanuts, Mario Bros's fire balls, you know the like) to. Make Link the ANTI-projectile character now! How's that for a change. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
He should however learn to control his excitement around women so I've heard? Wait till he learns Samus is a woman and goes fighting her in Zero Suit :awesome:

Also, I hope Takamaru doesn't become 'the Marth with projectiles' thus becoming insanely overpowered. Thus far his playstyle does seem to be like that. But he could resemble Link a little in having far more lag on his attacks than Marth has. Or being riskier all togheter (Marth is pretty safe behind his long *** blade)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not really. Link, Zelda, a stage, music, and trophies would be fine. Just like in Brawl. People wanted Midna, but that didn't happen. Ghirahim is the standout character from Skyward Sword anyhow.
I figure this year, Ghirahim is going to make it or break it you know? Like, the fanbase he is going to grab this year, should be an indicator on how popular he will be the next few years. So, if he doesn't pick up much steam this year, we will probably not see him pick up much of a fanbase at any point. The reason I think this way is because this is like, PRIME TIME for Ghirahim. His game was released recently, and this is when everyone is getting their first impressions of him. In terms of fanbase, I doubt he's going to be much bigger than Midna. I mean, esp with the more.... conservative users. He's pretty effeminate.

SO, in terms of fanbase (Which means about..... that much to Sakurai) I think he will be lacking. Ghirahim's only hope is if Sakurai looks at him and goes, "Meh, I could make it work."

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, I hope Takamaru doesn't become 'the Marth with projectiles' thus becoming insanely overpowered.
Nah, not Takamaru. That's Saki's job. :awesome:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
What about Link's other little brother?
Him too. (-l0l-)^
Lip better be in SSB4 with Sable so they can be paired.

And yeah... I've accidentally thrown us back 1986 again!
BTW, what's with all the Pit-fanart at the internet? He looks like Popeye-styled character to me, yet everyone treats him like a shota boy...

AetherEch0s

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2681-0290-3939
Him too. (-l0l-)^
Lip better be in SSB4 with Sable so they can be paired.

And yeah... I've accidentally thrown us back 1986 again!
BTW, what's with all the Pit-fanart at the internet? He looks like Popeye-styled character to me, yet everyone treats him like a shota boy...

>implying 1986 didn't have better characters and better games than we have now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom