• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
4 may be crossing the line (although the same could be said for SF having 3).

A fanboy can dream though. A fanboy can dream...

Hoots

Can Be Combative

I would say that for such a C tier franchise, 4 is WAY overkill, especially since we can't even be certain that deserving franchises will even get THREE reps!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

I thnk FOR US it may be overkill, but maybe not so, for Sakurai? I think it COULD HAPPEN, even though it's VERY unlikely. He clearly cares not what "tier" a franchise is. What with Mario having four characters, and Mother having two. Starfox getting three, and Donkey Kong only having one for the longest time.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Also, thanks to N for this amazing sig.
I wonder, if had I given it Starphoenix first, might it have been little better?

Short said:
The 2012 poll will be up January first, so don't forget to REVOTE~
R&D?

Spydr said:
Nah, Shortie obviously can too. From the way he talks sometimes you'd think that he has personal conversations with the guy.
LOL the 2012 Model. Iblis I think I'm starting to see where you're coming from.

Hoots said:
I would much much MUCH prefer Paper Mario as another Mario rep
Wario - Wario Land/Ware Series
DK- DKC/M&DK series
Yoshi- Island/Story Series
PM- Paper Mario series?
Geno- ?????

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Preferably I'd even want 5 Fire Emblem characters so they can add characters with more unique fighting styles. All possible candidates are swordsmen, and Fire Emblem has so much more to offer. Hector for example would make a hell of a character with that axe. It's still very unlikely to happen, but would've liked to see Hector as the 3rd FE Lord in Brawl (playing more like Ike while Ike playing more like well... Himself).

:phone:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Still looking for Ridley toy.
I actually use to have a little action figure Ridley my brother made me with a wireframe=coat hangers and car seating=skin. It was actually pretty awesome, but it was RED.

BTW that reminds me... What color pallettes would look cool on Ridley? I think we need to hook him up with some badass colors, like baby Blue and pink :awesome: Same with Toad (Although that's not hard)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
You'll understand when you can develop a deep mutual relationship with those you have faith in.

"But it was RED"?
Assage,that's the best way to have Ridley!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Normal: Purple (skin) and Orange/Red (wings)
Red: Red and Yellow (Super Metroid art)
Green: Green and Red (Zero Mission)
Blue: Blue and ...Magenta, is it? (Metroid Fusion)

Those ones at least seem obvious. Not totally sure on the last two. FOR SOME REASON, I always think black with yellow wings. I guess to me that's how he looks in Prime sometimes, but that's not really the case. I would like one that evokes Mecha-Ridley from Zero Mission, which would be have light grey with green wings and eyes, and maybe even black teeth and claws just to really make it something different. BUT, I really doubt that one.

Other than that the options would be... brown or yellow? I guess black and grey colors are more fitting. A yellow and green or pink and yellow one would be amazing though. :awesome:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Oasis_S said:
Ridley Does the Robot
I like it when faithful fans can give insight on what gives off propriety.

ie Cool story bro!

xIblisx said:
Me and N communicate on things other than Smash.
Oh yeah, icky stuff like girls and real life.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There's even a Bullet Bill figurine, but the odds of a Bullet Bill being playable is quite abysmal.

Maybe he... also does... the... Funky CHICKEN? :awesome:

*Other M Ridley*

Have I mentioned how freaking stupid he looks in Other M?
From what I've gathered, that's not the same Ridley that murdered Samus's family.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well if you want to get all philosophical about it. "Can a clone of yourself really be called you?"

But for everything that matters, it's Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
ALSO, I was thinking, what do you think about FOUR Fire Emblem characters? Brawl almost got three... and Chrome MAY be well recieved. Then we have that young man who is reffered to as Roy. I suppose it would depend on if Chrome even is a good choice I guess.
I'm fine with this situation. While as you said, it is very unlikely, it is something I would love to see.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually, I'm sorry, what I meant is that for everything that pertains to Smash, it's Ridley, but you are right. It's technically not the same FELLOW, just his clone.

Now about Ridley being the name of the species... That's a new one. He's supposedly the last of his species so who knows. PURPLE SPACE DRAGON works for me.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
So like, P.S...S?

I get it, like he's down the line, being inbred and all.

_

Got it on my mind and

SMASH Brothers: United Bout

is growing on Me

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I agree with you that most are uninformed about how relevancy is weighted. I didn't know that the Wario Land Series was on a tight leash myself.

That might explain why Wario's moveset bears small or surface level resemblance to the signature moves found in that series.
SSBFan, do you have a source to Sakurai's bias against Wario Land? As I remember it, Chrono brought up some quote that Sakurai "didn't care for Wario until WarioWare", but he couldn't find a source, but most everyone picked up on the quote nevertheless.

My gut feeling anyways is that Sakurai doesn't care for Wario Land, so I keep my expectations regarding Wario Land in Smash Bros. low.

@N: WHOOPS. Wrong game

SSBFan, do you have a source to Sakurai's bias against Wario Land? As I remember it, Chrono brought up some quote that Sakurai "didn't care for Wario until WarioWare", but he couldn't find a source, but most everyone picked up on the quote nevertheless.

My gut feeling anyways is that Sakurai doesn't care for Wario Land, so I keep my expectations regarding Wario Land in Smash Bros. low.
Also this. I must have forgot that Sakurai had bias against WarioLand. I don't have the source but I know a lot of people from the competitive boards who know this.

He was FINE with Warioware but he wasn't a fan of it. He only added Wario just because of Warioware being *AHEM* close enough which is why I was kinda iffy on another Wario series character. Also, I put another Wario character in my roster because a lot of people suggest it which is also the same reason as to why I added Mewtwo

Yay, N and Kuma are here.

@Continuation with N: About Smash, I think it goes well with this tag line: Easy to learn then hard to master

One more edit: Awww.... No one's here

D

Deleted member

@JavaCroc: Hint: everyone here has played it and it starts with the letter "S".

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Dude, we're all...around.

There needs to be a way to go about this forum without having lurking about for hours on end. Isn't there an IM option embedded in the website?

B said:
He was FINE with Warioware
Don't most of his freelance project sort of involve minigames that would otherwise compete with Wario Ware?

How agenda oriented.

Ridley will be remembered though as the guy who started the cool Ridley trends.

Ya know, like Toad and Yoshi but then again, people are used to Ridley being an awesome individual space dragon

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Ya know, like Toad and Yoshi but then again, people are used to Ridley being an awesome individual space dragon
Its like, if you find a hare in the woods, you kind of expect it to act like a hare, so it's notorious for being a hare (not to bring Bugs into all of this :cool:)

As it goes for Ridley, what an excellent progression of plot development. Knowing full well that you killed that guy gives you an inkling to research the story behind it all.

That the space pirates are into that twisted game of reverse engineering and resurrecting a sinister creature, the horror just doesn't end, it evolves!
_

BTW, this artstyle would be the ****

[COLLAPSE="Polygonic"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Its like, if you find a hare in the woods, you kind of expect it to act like a hare, so it's notorious for being a hare (not to bring Bugs into all of this :cool:)

As it goes for Ridley, what an excellent progression of plot development. Knowing full well that you killed that guy gives you an inkling to research the story behind it all.

That the space pirates are into that twisted game of reverse engineering and resurrecting a sinister creature, the horror just doesn't end, it evolves!
Why we love Ridley in 4 sentences

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Funny, I thought it was because items spawn in random locations providing an unfair advantage to an otherwise pristine battlefield. That and the chances of certain projectiles being capsules is another random chance event that divis out cheap KO's.

This is all relative.

Competitive smash is a bout testing a person's expansive knowledge of his or her desired character against another's. As much as the set up is tweaked this way or that way, as long as it is done in a fashion that is balanced and "approachable" to any single person, then it is ideal.
Again, flawed argument. SRK's Keits has proved that items spawn in set intervals except for the Smashball. Depending on what it's set at, you can predict when the items will come.

And the same argument has been brought up: If you are the best player, wouldn't that mean you are also good with the items as well? You wouldn't be the best if you lose just because someone turned items on.
It's not that "their way is the right way," Chu.

It's that they prefer to play the game in that way to the exclusion of everything else.

Who are you to tell them how to play a game?

Smooth Criminal
It's not that either. Did you read the tail end of the post. It's because they play a certain way, and tell everyone their character sucks because it sucks in their way of play, considers their way of the only way, and get upset when Nintendo and the game developers don't make the game for their way of play. Competitive Smash Bros is full of babies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Again, flawed argument. SRK's Keits has proved that items spawn in set intervals except for the Smashball. Depending on what it's set at, you can predict when the items will come.
Yes, but they don't have set item spawn points, unlike Melee. They have set times, but that won't matter when they kill you just because you attacked.

And the same argument has been brought up: If you are the best player, wouldn't that mean you are also good with the items as well? You wouldn't be the best if you lose just because someone turned items on.
Sure, some items are fine. Franklin Badge, Motion Sensor Bomb(only explosive item that won't kill you just because you attack), Beam Sword. Those do take skill to use.

It's not that either. Did you read the tail end of the post. It's because they play a certain way, and tell everyone their character sucks because it sucks in their way of play, considers their way of the only way, and get upset when Nintendo and the game developers don't make the game for their way of play. Competitive Smash Bros is full of babies.
Competitive Players =/= Elitists. I'm more of a casual myself. But if you honestly think those two are the same, you're silly. Even casuals are elitists too. It has nothing to do with being a competitive player(in Smash). Also, aren't you telling us that we're wrong and we should never play it that way? Like an Elitist? In other words, you're being rather hypocritical here. I don't see why putting your time and energy into a game to play for fun and money is "wrong" in any possible way either. I am not a fan of elitists, and frankly, they exist, and they're not all competitive people either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nope. We need Arceus 4 Sm4sh:
Kirbeus for Smash. Yes. It must be done.

I'd totally take it over Lucario. :awesome:

On a serious note, since Arceus can learn almost as many moves as Mew, making an actual move list would be plausible anyway. :D

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Kirbeus for Smash. Yes. It must be done.

I'd totally take it over Lucario. :awesome:

On a serious note, since Arceus can learn almost as many moves as Mew, making an actual move list would be plausible anyway. :D
Bowser and Ridley argument here... I think it could work...:awesome:

I'm movesettin' him. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom