• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I won't get too deep into this, but after some thought, I seriously might suggest Arceus (Crazy, but it could work).

(B): Punishment:
He sends black and purple spears to strike downwords from a black hole above the character space next to him. The spikes go 2 1/2 character spaces upwards. If the opponents % is higher then Arceus's, they'll recieve less knockback. However, if they are healthier than Arceus, then they'll receive more knockback. The DMG is darkness.

(B)>: Earth Power:
He blows up thr ground 1 1/2 character spaces next to himself. If anyone is caught in it, they're auto pitted. It takes one 1/2 second recovery for Arceus. The time that the opponent is pitted depends on the % of the opponent. Anyone near the edges of the earth power will hit a sweet spot, take damage, and be slammed upwards.

(B)v: Cosmic Power: Light force gathers around himself. the energy draws in opponents. If one of the opponents gets caught in it, they get stuck, then Arceus releases the energy, and they are shot left or right, at 50/50 chance. This move does alot of damage. However, Arceus can be hit by projectiles in this phase, and it takes him 2 1/2 seconds to get out of it.

(B)^: Gravity: He starts floating, and electricity covers his enitre body. If anyone physically attacks them, they are shot away with double the damage they would of previously done. When he grabs the edge, he doesn't, but instead, floats on the top of it, and recieves no dmg from anyone with super armor, and when he lands on the edge, he shoves then opponent away with wind.

FS: Judgement:

He teleports to the center top of the screen, then shouts, "PREPARE... FOR.... JUSTICE!!!" and then he fires red beams from his head upwards. The enitre screen is then hit by diagonal-falling meteors of light. Like Ness's FS, but at then end, he'll kill anyone on any floors by having a beam of light (Judgement) fly across it. Each are 1/2 character spaces wide. Proabability of killing: 89%.

I'll work on (A) moves latar, revolving around the plates.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nice job, Asage. Can Earth Power spike a person into the abyss if near an edge? Or will it send them upwards instead?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Competitive Players =/= Elitists. I'm more of a casual myself. But if you honestly think those two are the same, you're silly. Even casuals are elitists too. It has nothing to do with being a competitive player(in Smash). Also, aren't you telling us that we're wrong and we should never play it that way? Like an Elitist? In other words, you're being rather hypocritical here. I don't see why putting your time and energy into a game to play for fun and money is "wrong" in any possible way either. I am not a fan of elitists, and frankly, they exist, and they're not all competitive people either.
Less than 3.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Arceus x Swords Dance x Extremespeed= Broken.

I like this so much, I'll actually finish it :awesome:
But not in Smash. Lucario's not broken, right? Powering up your moves doesn't do much unless you're fast enough and have good priority. Remember Ganondorf? Yeah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's a cool moveset again ASage. But why would Judgement be Dark based?? If anything it should do light based damage...

Cosmic power seems cool for Mewtwo as well, just named differently.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Again, flawed argument. SRK's Keits has proved that items spawn in set intervals except for the Smashball. Depending on what it's set at, you can predict when the items will come.
I don't recognize the mentality of an individual that goes around passing out flawed argument brandings based on subjective, albeit irrelevant information.

(i.e. predictable weapon spawns don't denounce the notion of that a randomly generated set of intervals determining where a weapon will spawn creates a level of advantage/disadvantage depending on item or location)

Not that I was attempting to prove you wrong on yours to be considered an argument in the first place (hint: "I always thought")

In any case I don't understand why it should be a given that items would need to be used. I'm not sure how many "competitive matches" you've actually played, but according to me I have no time (or capability) to focus on predicting spawn locations, when my opponent's objective is to take me out.

Like I said, all this is relative. I'll stick to my inclination to call your assertions contradictory, as they imply you do need to follow a set of predetermined / mutually agreed upon, rules.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Now I don't even know what to type anymore. Someone bring up something?

Ohh yes I meant Punishment indeed. But imo, a being that represents the creator shouldn't be dark. But the idea of making a God Pokemon is in the first place already a bad move of Gamefreak I think. But let's keep religion and spirituality out of this, we have enough arguements already around here.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Maybe he... also does... the... Funky CHICKEN? :awesome:

Have I mentioned how freaking stupid he looks in Other M?
That's what terrifies me. IF Sakurai FINALLY adds Ridley, there's a good chance he'll end up looking like Woody Woodpecker, and IMHO, that makes it all for not. A completely worthless victory.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They could inspire some of his regular moves from his Other M apperance, but the design is downright horrible indeed.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think any one here can agree that some people really can come up with the most absurd ideas for playable characters in Smash. But hey, it's what kept the thread running for so long. :awesome:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Sakurai is in love with his own characters. Expect another Kid Icarus character. Maybe the big guy with the sword?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think any one here can agree that some people really can come up with the most absurd ideas for playable characters in Smash. But hey, it's what kept the thread running for so long. :awesome:
Yeah, who the hell would want to play as Brian? :awesome: Also, atleast Sub-Zero is doable. There was atleast one T for Teen MK game, sooooo...

No, I'd pick a lot of other Third Parties first, but I honestly think he could have a neat moveset. Also, we only got one ice character(s), and that's it. Besides Giga Bowser, who is multi-element, this could also be interesting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucas has PK Freeze...

Samus could have ice effect for her Charge Shot, calling it Ice Beam. Would be a really cool buff imo.

And I really, really, don't want any character from another fighting game in Smash. Smash is different for a reason. Why the hell Sub Zero?

Sakurai is in love with his own characters. Expect another Kid Icarus character. Maybe the big guy with the sword?
Suggested him before, nobody liked the idea. I'll wait before I judge him when I've seen what he can do. Thus far, I think Medusa would make for an awesome character. Turning characters into stone with a glare-like attack similar to Mewtwo's Melee Down B? Would be cool imo.

But to me, I think that sword guy - Magnus would be a very likely candidate as he's made by Sakurai. I think he'll at least appear in some form, at the very least a AT.

yani_

Smash Ace
Can't argue with you there, absurd ideas can be interesting at times.. RIDLEY FOR SM4SH :troll::troll::troll::troll::laugh:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lucas has PK Freeze...

Samus could have ice effect for her Charge Shot, calling it Ice Beam. Would be a really cool buff imo.

And I really, really, don't want any character from another fighting game in Smash. Smash is different for a reason. Why the hell Sub Zero?

Suggested him before, nobody liked the idea. I'll wait before I judge him when I've seen what he can do. Thus far, I think Medusa would make for an awesome character. Turning characters into stone with a glare-like attack similar to Mewtwo's Melee Down B? Would be cool imo.
Medusa could be an option, depending if she has a humanoid-sized form. However, because the barbarian is a Sakurai original, I think he may have first dibs as a rep. But, like you mentioned, we do not know how important his role is yet.

I think Scorpion would get in over Sub-zero if a MK character was selected.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley would be so easy to do it's not funny... Just mix up Charizard, Bowser, a bit of Mewtwo (tail-attack wise) and you'd have Ridley.

Scorpion is another absurd choice, so is anything from Mortal Kombat. Really do we want another GET OVER HEREEEEE!!! spam fest as Mortal Kombat? I say NO to anyone from another fighting game, especially the big names of the concurents.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Wat makes you think that putting in someone like Chun-Li is going to have any drastic effect on Smash? I never understood this reaction to fighting game characters. People are all happy for the idea of a fighting type Pokemon to be in, but a fighting game character just screams taboo.

By that logic, we might as well toss out Sukapon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lucas has PK Freeze...
I mean a character based around ice.

In general, more move choices would be cool. I don't think she has bad options or anything, she just needs more buff in general, range, etc.

Subzero is the main face of Mortal Kombat, Scorpion being equal, but we have too many firey characters. And even with your list, 4 characters that can use Ice when a ton can use Fire? Hmmmmmm...

And why does it matter what type of game they're from? At all? I don't see anything different. All it means is that they have a moveset that's EASIER to translate into Smash.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
But to me, I think that sword guy - Magnus would be a very likely candidate as he's made by Sakurai. I think he'll at least appear in some form, at the very least a AT.
While I'd prefer Medusa or even Palutena, I still get that odd gut feeling that Sakurai might add Magnus instead if there was to be a Kid Icarus newcomer. Of course, it all depends on how major of a role he gets in Uprising. However, if he does manage to get a big role...then we'll definitely be seeing him in some form in SSB4.

Sakurai sure seems like the type of guy who takes pride in the characters he created...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think fighting characters are fine.

For one, Sakurai has stated that he adds characters that have fighting potential or fight in their games. This is why he decided against an Animal Crossing character.

Also, because Smash is a drastically different fighting game, any fighting character from a traditional fighter would behave differently.

yani_

Smash Ace
I think characters from fighting games would be boring, why would I want a human with a weapon when I can have a blue hedgehog or a blue puppet, or even a blue robot thing!

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think characters from fighting games would be boring, why would I want a human with a weapon when I can have a blue hedgehog or a blue puppet, or even a blue robot thing!
Well, Sakurai did add Marth....

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Sakurai sure seems like the type of guy who takes pride in the characters he created...
I think I recall him not having added anything beyond Kirby until Brawl because he was worried that others would think that about him.

yani_

Smash Ace
Well, Sakurai did add Marth....
Lol good point, but he's first party so he isn't taking up a 3rd party slot :laugh:

I think I recall him not having added anything beyond Kirby until Brawl because he was worried that others would think that about him.
Yup this is true, which is why I believe his created KI character won't get a slot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
@Zap tackle: Meta Knight being the absolute biggest proof to that! I think Magnus has quite a good chance as well. If anything he could be the Ike-replacement. Which I don't want, I want to keep Ike...

@Kuma: Just because. Metal Gear and Sonic at least had games on the Nintendo, and share quite a history. Why is any character from these games who basically have no real 'character' or history besides being in these fighting games be in Smash? A "Nintendo" All Star fighting game? Note, All Star.

@HyperFalcon: Fire is, and always will be overused. And what more do you want than the Ice Climbers? Who are technically even 2 characters. :troll: Adding Sub Zero because you want ice is the worst excuse ever.

@Bowserlick: Marth was heavily, heavily suggested. Would almost say as much as Ridley now is, but in Japan. Marth is THE face of Fire Emblem. Why shouldn't he be added?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lizardman isn't a boring human. Nightmare(Soul Calibur) isn't even human anymore. Also, Mario's a "boring human" since he uses a Hammer.

Likewise, Snake also fought in a Japanese only before Smash. Whether its origins or not, which don't matter, as long as comprehensible moveset can be made, it's all good.

@Diddy Kong: Adding Impa because Sheik is no longer relevant is the worst excuse ever. :awesome: In fact, Ice Climbers only really brought ice attacks and teamwork to Smash in general. Subzero would bring a lot more than just ice. Likewise, he didn't even have a weapon till way later, and actually uses ice in ways that Ice Climbers never did. He can slash with an icicle, actually throw ice on the ground to make slippery parts, can transform into a Polar Bear for a Final Smash, has known combos. He actually would be an addition that requires very little "made Up" stuff. Seriously, the whole "fighting game" thing is old. We're talking about bringing him into a fighting game, not a racing game.(Oh, wait, Motor Kombat. It's been done)

yani_

Smash Ace
Lizardman isn't a boring human. Nightmare(Soul Calibur) isn't even human anymore. Also, Mario's a "boring human" since he uses a Hammer.

Likewise, Snake also fought in a Japanese only before Smash. Whether its origins or not, which don't matter, as long as comprehensible moveset can be made, it's all good.
Yeah Lizardman is a cool character, but if we were to get a SC rep it probably wouldn't be him :( , Nightmare doesn't interest me to take up a 3rd part slot, and Mario's first party + Nintendo's icon so he isn't taking up a 3rd party slot either :troll:

What game was Snake in? I wanna check that out

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Quite true. I'm sure that his bias for his characters was probably non-existent in the Smash games prior to Brawl (well unless you count the number of Kirby trophies in Melee). However, I personally started to feel more of a bias towards his creations in Brawl moreso. There was a lot of Kid Icarus elements in Brawl (some levels of the SSE even look like Uprising levels now). Additionally, we got three Kirby reps and all three were important in the SSE.

Of course, Kirby deserved the amount of recognition it received in Brawl; however, I guess it was the sudden drop in of all the elements of these games in Brawl that made me think that Sakurai could possibly add in a character he very well created in a recent game (especially if the character was made for fighting).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I mean a character based around ice.

Subzero is the main face of Mortal Kombat, Scorpion being equal, but we have too many firey characters. And even with your list, 4 characters that can use Ice when a ton can use Fire? Hmmmmmm...

And why does it matter what type of game they're from? At all? I don't see anything different. All it means is that they have a moveset that's EASIER to translate into Smash.
I wouldn't be too concerned with what element characters use if they can all use it differently. That being said, an ice based moveset would be interesting if done right. Kula Diamond from King of Fighters uses a figure skating inspired moveset.

I want to see someone with earth based elements, but that's where Isaac comes in.
Zamus, Snake, Ike, Marth, Ness, Lucas, Link, etc. say hi.

@Kuma: Sukapon is already thrown out. >:
Yeah, but he got tossed out for an entirely different reason.

@Kuma: Just because. Metal Gear and Sonic at least had games on the Nintendo, and share quite a history. Why is any character from these games who basically have no real 'character' or history besides being in these fighting games be in Smash? A "Nintendo" All Star fighting game? Note, All Star.
Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, vs. Capcom, Soul Calibur and soon Tekken will have all appeared on Nintendo platforms at some point in the last 20 years.

And I don't know what you mean by history unless you mean cameos and crossovers. At least Nintendo helped push Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS and we had Link as a guest character in Soul Calibur 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom