• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link was only a guest fighter in the GCN version, and every version had it's own guest character. Just a few games out of the many that are released on just about any platform besides Nintendo I just kind of wonder WHY THE **** it should happen?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
@Bowserlick: Marth was heavily said:
I agree that adding Marth was a good decision. Even though, he only uses sword attacks, he has flavor and a strategic, spacing-oriented way of fighting. I was merely stating that a human character who only used a weapon was already in Smash.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, after playing Quest 64, gotta say: It's a really fun game. Brian would be a cool character now that I know more about him.

:phone:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I hope K. Rool does make the cut. However, the new Donkey Kong series purposely went a different course with enemies, choosing the Tikis over the Kremlins.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah Lizardman is a cool character, but if we were to get a SC rep it probably wouldn't be him :( , Nightmare doesn't interest me to take up a 3rd part slot, and Mario's first party + Nintendo's icon so he isn't taking up a 3rd party slot either :troll:

What game was Snake in? I wanna check that out
I don't see what makes Nightmare a bad addition. The problem is, he doesn't fight like Ike at all. He is a heavy sword user, but he uses launching moves by sending them upwards, and not to the side. He also, for that matter, kicks and punches.

Also, DreamMix TV World Fighters. ...When has Snake been on a show?

Well, after playing Quest 64, gotta say: It's a really fun game. Brian would be a cool character now that I know more about him.

Yeah. I agree it being quite fun. Glad you enjoyed it! You beat it yet?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
That literally has no effect on K.Rool's chances. We won't be having a playable Tiki, I'm sure.
I see it more as a window into Nintendo's opinion on K. Rool than an "effect". I am not sure that they view him as paramount to the DK series. At least he appears in the random Mario sports game.

I do agree that we won't be having a playable Tiki, though.

yani_

Smash Ace
I don't see what makes Nightmare a bad addition. The problem is, he doesn't fight like Ike at all. He is a heavy sword user, but he uses launching moves by sending them upwards, and not to the side. He also, for that matter, kicks and punches.

Also, DreamMix TV World Fighters. ...When has Snake been on a show?
He's not necessarily a bad addition, he just doesn't appeal to me for a Smash game.

Lolol no clue, but I'm gonna look that up now! Thanks

I hope K. Rool does make the cut. However, the new Donkey Kong series purposely went a different course with enemies, choosing the Tikis over the Kremlins.
I don't think that will affect him too much. But I do think Dixie has the upper hand as a new DK rep

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's not necessarily a bad addition, he just doesn't appeal to me for a Smash game.

Lolol no clue, but I'm gonna look that up now! Thanks
PS2, Japanese. Good luck, man. :) Also, I do find him very appealing since he's a rather popular choice in Soul Calibur. Hammy, funny, a true villain, etc. I can't think of a Final Smash other than maybe becoming Night Terror, however... you can't knock Night Terror out of the ring. That would be as bad as Super Sonic.

I don't think that will affect him too much. But I do think Dixie has the upper hand as a new DK rep
I just hope both get in. My preferred order of characters are; Main > Secondary Main > Main Villain > Sidekick. None of these are gender specific.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This remembers me that I still need to do a Rambi moveset... Anyone got suggestions for a Up B? It's the only move I just can't figure out what it should be...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I locked my iPod and forgot to refresh. This post was originally responding to one of kuma's around 3:15. It should be ignored.

Fighting type Pokemon =\= fighter from another fighting series. If I'm reading correctly Diddy doesn't want someone from another fighting game because he wants it to retain that "smash" feeling and adding a fighter from a different game would adulterate that feeling. Fighting Pokemon obviously don't come with the same baggage.
Ultimately this boils down to personal preference of what is and isn't smash.

Poppy the gba games are here

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@Bowserlick: Perhaps. I've got high hopes for him though. :)

As does Master Chief. Seriously, this is worse then IGN and that is saying a lot.
If he used the Covenant's weapons he'd be VERY interesting... :awesome:

I can see it now:
Neutral Special: Plasma Rifle- He shoots 7 bullets of plasma until the gun overheats, thus temporarily disabling the move. Best to fire it steadily.
Side Special: Plasma Grenade- Since Snake's got the regular type, MC's using the extraterrestrial variety. He throws the grenade and it sticks to opponents then explodes.
Up Special: Grav Lift- He throws a device beneath him that pushes him upward.
Down Special: Overshield- Master Chief activates his overshield, which makes him glow and negates damage by 25%. Be careful though--once that shield breaks he'll be especially vulnerable. Enemies' attacks will have a 25% bonus.

EDIT: Nobody's taking this seriously right?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Fighting type Pokemon =\= fighter from another fighting series. If I'm reading correctly Diddy doesn't want someone from another fighting game because he wants it to retain that "smash" feeling and adding a fighter from a different game would adulterate that feeling. Fighting Pokemon obviously don't come with the same baggage.
Ultimately this boils down to personal preference of what is and isn't smash.

Poppy the gba games are here

Awesome. I won't be able to get them until tomorrow, though...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucario was already a Fighting type, so if anyone needs any proof a Fighting type already made it. Maybe again for a 6th gen rep? Has there ever been a Fighting type legendary?? Would be awesome.

And BirthNote got it just about right why I don't want 3rd party fighting characters in Smash.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
And BirthNote got it just about right why I don't want 3rd party fighting characters in Smash.
I'm thinking of a Rayman moveset, and I'm taking it more seriously than that MC one I just threw out. XD Rayman's a platforming character, but he's certainly no stranger to fighting.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rayman is at least reasonable. And he would fit in quite good, but I'm not the biggest fan of 3rd party characters in general. Was also heavily opposed to Sonic tbh.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Love the Rayman, except his inclusion would stir up MUCH too much animosity over rules of inclusion.

Which reminds me, are Ryu Hyubasa and Megaman essentially the new Sonic and Snake?

Not liking 'em really is silly to say now
Not really, I still have a deep distaste for pit.

Snake is simply too strong.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Rayman is at least reasonable. And he would fit in quite good, but I'm not the biggest fan of 3rd party characters in general. Was also heavily opposed to Sonic tbh.
They're going to be in next time anyway. Not liking 'em really is silly to say now. In fact, it's not a topic ever worth pursuing since it'll cause arguments.

I don't care where it comes from as long as it's had a Nintendo appearance and a comprehensible moveset can be made around the character. Being from a fighting game? So what? Too many people want Ryu, who would be a great character, albeit, I hate him, but he would be good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lots of people want Goku or Naruto as well if you'd ask them, or Master Chief. Or any Final Fantasy character. Should they make it in???

yani_

Smash Ace
PS2, Japanese. Good luck, man. :) Also, I do find him very appealing since he's a rather popular choice in Soul Calibur. Hammy, funny, a true villain, etc. I can't think of a Final Smash other than maybe becoming Night Terror, however... you can't knock Night Terror out of the ring. That would be as bad as Super Sonic.

I just hope both get in. My preferred order of characters are; Main > Secondary Main > Main Villain > Sidekick. None of these are gender specific.
If I had to choose a rep for SC it would no doubt be Nightmare, he is the coolest one after all (aside from Link :troll:)

I want them both to get in too, both are great characters

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lots of people want Goku or Naruto as well if you'd ask them, or Master Chief. Or any Final Fantasy character. Should they make it in???
First 3 don't count. Final Fantasy? Yes, if they had a notable Nintendo appearance.(Cloud in Kingdom Hearts is meh. If FFVII actually gets a 3DS appearance, I would have no problem with him in Smash, despite my dislike, I see that as tolerable enough).

Yani said:
If I had to choose a rep for SC it would no doubt be Nightmare, he is the coolest one after all (aside from Link )

I want them both to get in too, both are great characters
Ivy and Siegfried, as well as Cervantes aren't bad choices either, but yeah.

And agreed. King K. Rool and Dixie Kong deserve spots on the roster in general. Or atleast, they really earned it. Depending what may happen, I think they could have characters only appear on the Wii and 3DS separately, but if you connect them, you get them all on both versions. It would be an incentive to buy each. Likewise, if you don't like a certain character...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Ok, if Naruto makes it in, they must have Goku.

Cloud or Sora? Best believe I'm crying out for Chief.

Anyhow, if any placeholders should be considered, it should be based on the vast popularity coming from the Xenoblade series. Being that the operation was a success.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Which notable fighting game characters you think should be in then?? From what notable fighting games? Note: notable.

Besides, Goku and Naturo where in Super Jump Stars. Which is basically an anime Smash Bros (for DS). If anything THAT'S far more notable than Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur or Street Fighter.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Which notable fighting game characters you think should be in then?? From what notable fighting games? Note: notable.

Besides, Goku and Naturo where in Super Jump Stars. Which is basically an anime Smash Bros (for DS). If anything THAT'S far more notable than Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur or Street Fighter.
There was a time when everyone and their mother(especially the angry, pissed off ones) knew about Mortal Kombat. Goku and Naturo didn't even originate on a console? Right?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
There was a time when everyone and their mother(especially the angry, pissed off ones) knew about Mortal Kombat. Goku and Naturo didn't even originate on a console? Right?
Highly agreed about MK. As for Goku and Naruto: nope, and that's one of the requirements for getting in.

EDIT @HyperFalcon:

I agree with this too. Street Fighter was so popular that Nintendo made Joy Mech Fight because of it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Killer Instinct, Clayfighter, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Dead or Alive, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter. Sonic's been in two Fighting games as well, which many moves were taken from them too. So was Snake before Brawl. There was also a crappy bootleg game called Kart Fighter than every currently playable Mario character besides Dr. Mario was in(discounting spinoffs) All were/are very popular in their own right, save he last example, of course.

No, it's not even plausible. They're all Anime/Manga characters, disqualifying them. And that game never made it out of Japan, making it even less notable in other countries. Try with a better game example.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not angry or pissed of, I just like to use two question marks... :/ Sarcasm can take over sometimes. Bear with me.

Mortal Kombat was last seen on a Nintendo game since SNES iirc? What exactly makes that notable or Smash-worthy? And please don't bring up Ness. And with please don't, I mean.. don't you dare. :glare:

And what else is better to compare Smash to to you know, a Smash clone?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mortal Kombat has been on like every Nintendo platform ever, silly goose.

Also this Goku and Naruto nonsense should stop. I mean, obviously Monkey D. Luffy is more relevant.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I'm not angry or pissed of, I just like to use two question marks... :/ Sarcasm can take over sometimes. Bear with me.

Mortal Kombat was last seen on a Nintendo game since SNES iirc? What exactly makes that notable or Smash-worthy? And please don't bring up Ness. And with please don't, I mean.. don't you dare. :glare:
When was the last time Metal Gear Solid was on Nintendo?

Mortal Kombat is studied in physology, had an impact on American culture, and is known by everyone. Pretty big impact.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If it isn't Street Fighter, I say SOUL CALIBUR. Nightmare or Ivy. Either would be awesome, and I think with a bit of editing, (Make Ivy less strippery) they could fit in pretty well. Nightmare v Ganondorf would be awesome.

If we're having an anime character, umm Sailor Moon. End of disussion. Sailor Iron Mouse PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom