• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yum! Amazing mirror for shorts. Also excited for the WarioWare games~ AND, you cant get those games unless your an Ambassador. Which I am.

I also found a tasty Toise treat.
Wooo! AMBASSADORS! WOOOO! It's been years since I played Yoshi's Island and the Amazing Mirror! Glad they're on the list.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ouch... star, you hurt me... nah, i have the Rx for that.

and i legitimately want Eirika.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Subsidiary companies usually get the shaft.
That's probably it.

Either way, they'd probably save Pokemon for a time when they can charge people for a download.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I recall you were the expert on the Wario Ware side, it will interesting to see a different perspective.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Toise gives Mona too much credit. She's at least on par with Jimmy T.

And Jimmy T. is the one who appears on the WarioWare stage, so I wonder if he would agree that Sakurai cares more for Jimmy than Mona. :awesome:

Though, I guess having boobs makes her more popular.

EDIT: Oooh, Metroid Fusion~ I'll finally get my chance~

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So what could Mona do if she were playable? Any ideas?
Isn't she like, a cheerleader rockstar pizza maker? How doesn't that scream crazy moveset?

I think she could be sort of the craycray we were hoping Nook would be. You know, the randomness.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I recall you were the expert on the Wario Ware side, it will interesting to see a different perspective.
Yeah but even I cannot come up with something for Mona. I can come up with something for every other WarioWare character except her. Strange.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Looking at Mona's SM Wiki page, it seems she actually has plenty to work with for a moveset.

I must say though, that she does remind me of that girl from FLCL. lol

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
she's got the moped... she's got a guitar... yep... that's haruko minus the amazing attitude... which for me was the best thing ever,

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't see how you can argue against adding a WarioWare character? Is it because it's Mona?

Between Mona and Jimmy T, the support just goes to her. If they're ON PAR with one another, shouldn't that be who takes the cake?

I don't GET your hang up HOasis.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i would want her portrayed with that anti-PETA fur coat.
when she runs, she uses her skates.
the guitar would be with her smash attacks.
Moped would be her version of the Wario Bike... this would beher only move reminiscent of cloning from her franchise head.

that's all i got... also... don't forget to scroll up (or in other's case, the previous page) to shortie's post were he refers to the third koopa... don't know why he didn't make a new post to post that.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
WHEN DO THE DODGAMN GAMES COME OUT TOMORROW? I need to know!

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It's not strange when you're trying to work with uninteresting characters! That's why all Toad movesets are boring~ :troll:
That is your opinion Mirage.

I want Jimmy T just for the prospect of dancing cats.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I've just been looping Chrono Trigger's the Final Battle music... i never heard it before cause i never passed it... it's sooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!! anyways, i gotta go... laterz...

D

Deleted member

KumaOso said:
@SSBF
I don't know how you could make the leaderboard optional. Seems like an odd thing to do.
Basically like xIblisx said, be able to sign up for leaderboards and access to them. If you do not wish to participate in them, you do not have to sign up.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That is your opinion Mirage.

I want Jimmy T just for the prospect of dancing cats.
Why didn't anyone tell ME?

TheThirdKoopa post. Brings up JIMMY T.

Yeah, Wario =/= Mario series in this case. Syrup, Mona (And kinda Jimmy T, but I really doubt him) Stand out for valid contestants for Wario, and really, I don't see why the support is so small asides from mainly Toise and I. They're all three original characters, and they can have there own movesets made as shown, also important to WarioWare/Land/Whatever.

Now, why should Wario be denied a second character again while Mario gets 5? (And technically 3) And don't say sales, because as stated, when you take away the pretty sales charts, you see the true colors.
I miss TTK, that brought tears to my soul.
I think we all do.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I miss TTK, that brought tears to my soul.

Don't they sent invites to MK tournies in a similar fashion? Iblis's seasonal idea could work real well with the Wii's current setup.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good quote. I never met TTK, such a shame on my behalf.

As for why no support, beats me, my best guess though would be the lack of discussion and that the series is not one you would look for characters for a fighting game, that sort of stuff.

That and the series can be a little weird at times... :awesome:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Shorts: Neither are particularly notable characters. They're just faces for a category of games in which you do not play as that character, nor do the games FEATURE that character. You haven't played the games, so I think maybe you don't know that? You just see them in a couple of cutscenes, which you'll probably be skipping after the first time. I mean, NOT TO SAY THEY AREN'T GOOD CHARACTERS. Just. Not for Smash, IMO.

@Starphoenix: I like it. So you've been Searching a Sandy desert for Something to Satisfy your thirst, trying to Survive. You Stumble upon what you thought was an Oasis, BUT IT WAS A MIRAGE. IT'S JUST A WHOLE BUNCH OF S***. You feel your Strength being Sapped away as you Succumb to your eternal Slumber.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
There really is no one else that can represent the WWare series. I say go for it, strange is good.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That reminds me, they gave Sheik boobs in her render before Brawl came out. But she doesn't have them in the game. I... feel being cheated. :urg:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But Sakurai doesn't even cae about importance that much. If a character is obscure, but likeable, then they have a chance. Even though I disagree with you not thinking they are important, that's fine. Choose Syrup.

Also, if you don't think they're GOOD CHOICES, how do you feel about Nook and Toad? Definitely two other characters who have the "Not fitting" problem. IN SOME PEOPLES EYES. (I just think Toad is balls. He's a good choice though)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Well, I've learned a valuable lesson, stop googling random searches. Images people conjure up are just intense.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: No, Captain Syrup is not the same as King K. Rool in context. She has missed out on more mainstream titles then K. Rool has (and comparatively, K. Rool still wins) and when she returned for Wario Land: Shake It!, it was for a supporting role, not as the main villain. Out of the six main titles for both Donkey Kong and Wario, Captain Syrup was only the main antagonist for the first two and a supporting role for the last. King K. Rool in comparison has four role as the main villain and received back lash from fans when he didn't appear in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat! and Returns. Even if her performance in appearing were as good as K. Rool, she also suffers from Sakurai bias against the Wario Land series, making her appearance very doubtful by itself.

Also, Toad can be clumped into the ones who are recognized when they are part of the Mario series. Toad is almost as well known as the four themselves and was prioritized over Luigi in SM64 and Sunshine, the former of which is one of Nintendo's more influential games. Toad, even with small roles, is still an important character to the series because when you think of Mario, you are going to think of the Mushroom Kingdom and when you do think of the Mushroom Kingdom, one of the very first things that pops up is Toad.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Shorts: Nook is REALLY DUMB because he's a side character that you would be giving the main character's moves. Like, a reversed Ness. Ssen. And Sakurai already said NO to Animal Crossing characters, and I don't think Sakurai cares about Phoenix Wright no matter how many times Kuma brings him up. BECAUSE the question was never "CAN the Villager fight?" It was "SHOULD the Villager fight?" And he looked down and whispered "No."

Toad is really boring, aaand I don't think we'll see him, but he's the best bet for a Mario character, unfortunately. BUT IT'S OKAY THAT HE'S BORING, because he's probably more well known and popular than any of your Ridleys and K. Rools. Generally speaking, of course. Kind of like how Little Mac isn't all that interesting, YOU MAKE ROOM FOR HIM ANYWAY because you just WANT HIM so much~

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why is that aimed at me? I didn't say that, and I don't care about it either. What you're saying about K. Rool really doesn't take away from the fact that Syrup is important to the Wario series.

He was just giving a comparison so people could get a feel for Syrups role.

Toad, is not important in almost every role he takes. Don't try and spin his popularity into something it's not. Captain Syrups role in the Wario series is more important than Toad's role in the Mario series (most of the time). But THAT is trivial, because Toad being not important (most of the time) has nothing to do with Syrup being important.

Ultimately, you're trying to make it sound like Syrup isn't important, but she just is. To her series anyways.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So it seems a "Mario and Wario" rep war has begun.

I didn't see that one coming. lol

I just want to hear Beserker's opinion on all of this.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
One thing I do not follow is this super dynamic image that most have made Toad to be. If he were to be a fighter, I'd imagine that his style would be almost as loopy as Wario.

As far back as I can remember, Toads have been fairly comic relief oriented (design alone indicates this).

I hope Berserker can show soon and explain this "rushdown" business that I've heard so many times over.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How can Toad "rush"? He doesn't even have legs. I don't mean to sound silly and try to add logic to videogames but, how can he be as fast as Falcon, Fox, and Sonic when he only has feet?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Bowser Jr. would be cool to, but I think I very slightly prefer Toad. But either of them a million times over Dr.Mario.

And I'd think Toad should probably be a little slower than Mario while running, but faster in his attacks.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
How in the world is Falco stronger than Fox, being avian creature? Yeah try explaining that to your mum.

I suppose it has to do with roles or images that certain characters adopt.

I'm curious as to how this whole discussion will end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom