• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Just don't sign up for the leaderboard. Lol. Making optional crushes Sakurai's problem.

Resetting leaderboards (obv) gives other chances to catch up/be in the race if they've fallen so far in the current ladder or joined said ladder late.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
The overall decisions that urk the best of us can be described as follows:

Its finals week, you did your best. More often than not you could have done better. But who cares you met the minimum requirements.
_

STARSSSSSSSSS

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Don't you mean, Abyss?

Oh the conceit of Kuma! You're just too good aren't you?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I really like that idea. I'm good at the game, but for personal reasons, I have to take a hiatus from the game. This resetting thing would work as the top players are within my range in the leaderboards.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
that's why we, the americans, need a healthy relationship with nintendo, not seen since minecraft... i don't like reggie fils aime... he does not deliver right.

oh, and apparently, Gamestop approached nintendo to localize xenoblade... i hate to say this, but... thank you gamestop.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
@Kuma: Exactly,

So counter points to Sakurai's concern.

1) Don't sign up
2) The leaderboard restarts ever so often so you can alway have that fresh to start to catch up, especially if you've made progress since the last ladder

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Somehow I have the feeling Sakurai is going to allow for more of the things he excluded with Brawl like leaderboards and voice chat.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah, idk how come voice chat wasn't available. Just mute bad-mouthers.

Personally I enjoy trash talkers though, so I can trash talk back and then if I win it's even more sastifying and then I lose I just laugh it off.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
well... voice chat on limitations... there still shouldn't be voice chat with random people... this is nintendo here.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That's one thing I've been wondering. Sakurai has mentioned several times that he had a bunch of ideas that he had to skip on due to time constraints. I'm rather curious as to what they pertained to. I wonder if it could have been chains or something, but because it meant balancing a brand new, somewhat unprecedented system, that he would have to take away time from the SSE. We may never know.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
How could you not like Reggie?

[COLLAPSE="Isn't he just adorable?"]
[/COLLAPSE]
His hair is uneven. Auto-fail.

That's one thing I've been wondering. Sakurai has mentioned several times that he had a bunch of ideas that he had to skip on due to time constraints. I'm rather curious as to what they pertained to. I wonder if it could have been chains or something, but because it meant balancing a brand new, somewhat unprecedented system, that he would have to take away time from the SSE. We may never know.
Most likely we will see those ideas come to fruitation this time around hopefully!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
That was worth a laugh right there, thanks for pointing it out Augusto

Picture's cool yo

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey, I love chains, and I think it would make Smash interesting to watch again to say the least.

I just hope Sakurai prioritizes everything this time around. If he really wants to do another story mode, why not include it as free DLC AFTER the game's release? Tekken 6's story mode was added for the console version and the arcade version had come out first.

And no to that Link drawing. I'd rather see more stylistic approaches to game artstyles instead of the realism people seem to love. I actually like Tekken 5's graphics over Tekken 6's and they're a generation apart.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
you no like shoulder armour?
too much cloud?
I'm not liking the face.

Are you talking like RAAM's shadow that had story mode in DLC?

That seems rather pertinent for unlocked characters' Story mode, as they are sort of the latter end of development.
What's RAAM? My point though is that they need to focus on the multiplayer. The story mode and extras should be stuff released AFTER they're done FOR FREE. The game, though, should have enough features to satisfy people, so things like the trophy list should be taken care of by release.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
ohhhh.... yeah, i didn't like the face really either... but how about the costume?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Leaderboards? YES. SSb4 online should be like an upgrade of MKWii with DLC.
Only problem is MKWii's rating system wouldn't work all the well in brawl. Everyone is not going to want be tied for 9999 BP. People are going to want a clear first placer.

This
@Kuma: EASY! Just make the leaderboard go by seasons. It resets every season change. Fall,Summer,Winter,Spring leaderboards. You can choose to sign-up for any of the leaderboards, during anytime of the leaderboard, or just not participate in the leaderboard at all.

/taking notes from AllisBrawl
is a lot better. Although I could see them using MKWii's special events like things in SSB4 and also they should add the records for Multi-man, Race for the Door (whatever that was), board the platforms, character specific target tests, and homerun contest. Those leaderboards should never reset though.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Google Frenzy!

RAAM's |S|hadow (probably should have capitalized the "s") is a DLC Story Arc add on for Gears of War.

I'm a bit more inclined to your suggestion of free DLC story mode though. It sounds much like a work in progress type organization which gives off a more community feel (something that has grown on smash ala Melee). These are like pseudo essentials, which aim to expand, not necessarily enhance, which should be free overall.

(feel "free" to correct as I might be off on what your saying as of my last reread XP)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Only problem is MKWii's rating system wouldn't work all the well in brawl. Everyone is not going to want be tied for 9999 BP. People are going to want a clear first placer.

This

is a lot better. Although I could see them using MKWii's special events like things in SSB4 and also they should add the records for Multi-man, Race for the Door (whatever that was), board the platforms, character specific target tests, and homerun contest. Those leaderboards should never reset though.
Well, there should be tweaks, but I think that Nintendo did MKWii's online really well. They should think about this when doing SSB4's.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i don't think he would do dlc... sakurai would be doing other stuffs after smash 4 comes out... after all, Sora Ltd. is just 2 people. after the game is done, everyone he hired will depart for whatever they want.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Either the DLC approach or wait for many many years to get anything close the perfectionist edition.

Smash has thrived through the WIP community scene man, such should be catered to (with "enough" options to do so).

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i think id want the homebrew channel if he doesn't deliver what i want. do you think they will crack down even harder this time around?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Not until Nintendo considers dedicated networking. Otherwise its all yours to toy with (ie destroy)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I heard about getting rid of friend codes, but didn't hear nothing about Sakurai never wanting to add in Leaderboards
Oh, he had a reason for not adding them. I forget what he said, but he did say something. It was in an article I was scanning through a few days ago.

I hope they don't plan on just making the Wii U as powerful as the PS3, totally defeats the purpose of being a "next gen console"
Of course not. Nintendo is the most revolutionary company out of the three major console sellers. I mean, Microsoft and Sony jumped on the motion sensor and Avatar bandwagon after Nintendo had so much success. Wii U will be the same thing. Plus, it's Nintendo. You know, Pokemon, Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda? On top of that, the Wii U has so much support from third party companies. It's pretty crazy. I would never expect too see some of the franchises that are moving to the Wii U actually be on a Nintendo system.

The Wii U is going to be what the Wii should have been. Not saying the Wii is bad, just not up to snuff with it's contenders in some respects. In a lot of respects though, it surpassed them. Graphics aren't everything.

As for DLC, don't expect it. Just, don't. Sakurai was (as far as we know) NEVER planning for it to happen on the Wii, nor COULD it happen. (So says him)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
list of ambassador gameboy advance titles coming out friday (or was it tomorrow...).
■Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
■Mario Kart: Super Circuit
■Metroid Fusion
■WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgames
■Mario vs. Donkey Kong
■Wario Land 4
■Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
■Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
■Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
■F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

this makes sacred stones relevant again... yay!! too bad i don't gots me a 3ds.

@shortie... i already posted the direct quote from sakurai about the leaderboards.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
When will we see more details about the rolling western?

3DS is doing a lot of dragging man, remakes / ports of VB games up in the air. Hype excite is a mother!

I would seriously enjoy knowing that people get the chance to enjoy the games I did back in the day.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yum! Amazing mirror for shorts. Also excited for the WarioWare games~ AND, you cant get those games unless your an Ambassador. Which I am.

I also found a tasty Toise treat.

Wario is much, much further removed from Mario than Yoshi's games are, that's why the characters there are more important. Yoshi games still have all these Mario elements (particularly Mario and Bowser themselves), whereas Wario games have their own thing going. Context wise, Syrup's the same as King K. Rool rather than Kamek.

As for Mona, she's the most popular character in the series and one of two characters to appear in every single WarioWare game so far. She also gives off something of a "second-in-command that does more work than the boss" kind of vibe whenever she interacts with Wario. That and no one else seems to interact with him at all.
Toad's appearances are mostly supporting roles in the main Mario games, whereas Mona's essentially THE WarioWare character (not counting Wario himself of course).

When people think of Mario games, they always think of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser. Do they think of Toad? Some do, thus Toad is arguably important to that series (though I personally think he's not important enough in this case, and that's coming from a guy whose only owned Nintendo merchandise ever is a Toad plush).

When people think of Wario games, they usually think of Wario, Syrup (for Wario Land) or Mona (for WarioWare). They might think of some of the other enemies from Wario Land or the other WarioWare characters, but those two stand out. That's why they have a chance.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
list of ambassador gameboy advance titles coming out friday (or was it tomorrow...).
■Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi’s Island
■Mario Kart: Super Circuit
■Metroid Fusion
■WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgames
■Mario vs. Donkey Kong
■Wario Land 4
■Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
■Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
■Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
■F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

this makes sacred stones relevant again... yay!! too bad i don't gots me a 3ds.
FINALLY!!! EPHRAIM HAS A CHA-no he doesn't... :'(

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Wi-Fi? I'm not expecting much other than lag fixes, at the most I'm hoping for is more options like being able to fight 2 on 2 instead of always having to have a 4 on 4

It's nice to see those ambassador games, too bad I already own most of them. I'm surprised that there's no Pokemon or Golden Sun though.

As for the Wario discussion, I have to agree with those Toise quotes. While like anyone I do doubt another Wario rep, if it does happen it sounds like another cat fight is going to happen.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Toise summed up the Wario characters quite nicely.

And yay to the VC titles coming out tomorrow. I've been itching to play Fusion again!

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Subsidiary companies usually get the shaft. (So to speak about some of the major link up GBA titles)

Nice taste on Fusion M8. What an addicting game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom