• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How in the world is Falco stronger than Fox, being avian creature? Yeah try explaining that to your mum.

I suppose it has to do with roles or images that certain characters adopt.
To be fair, birds probably have RELATIVELY much stronger upper body muscles in comparison. :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
"Well... It's cool that you guys think Toad is the best Mario newcomer... but could you stop saying he's so awful himself?"
I suppose it has to do with roles or images that certain characters adopt.
So we're stereotyping characters? That sounds about right.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Upper body muscles? I'll try to be practical for the sake of the argument, its just I can't recall the last time I watched a bird close-line its prey with its wings.

Oh anthropomorphism, what have you done?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How can Toad "rush"? He doesn't even have legs. I don't mean to sound silly and try to add logic to videogames but, how can he be as fast as Falcon, Fox, and Sonic when he only has feet?
R.O.B has no feet and Bowser skates on his nails.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I think that picture got it all wrong, he's doing pull ups.

R.O.B. Probably has that whole conveyor belt system going for him. So its legit.

Bowser? Just badass.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just realized something, that bird is actually Tizoc!
[COLLAPSE="Big picture."]
[/COLLAPSE]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Upper body muscles? I'll try to be practical for the sake of the argument, its just I can't recall the last time I watched a bird close-line its prey with its wings.

Oh anthropomorphism, what have you done?
Try flapping your arms every time you want to GO SOMEWHERE, and tell me you don't feel STRONGER after a week!

Isn't that why we always go for the breasts. Because they're so big. And STRONG. Oop, ruined it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm surprised no one has brought up a certain "bird" in this discussion.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I thought we go for the breasts because they're voluptuous...

I see a kick going on in that pic, unless a birds' talons are considered hands. OH its all relative.

_

LOL "Hak" Foo

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Change that to "Golden Eagle Grabs the Snout" and it sounds like a fighting move.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion

Well that's how it's spelled, and Falco isn't anywhere near black.

There are like 10 things wrong with your statement, but I think you get the jist.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Link should be black in his next game. Those damn goddesses of Hyrule .are racist as ****

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That's why Falco is stronger than Fox.

This is why Meowth isn't in Smash.

Leopards are so ****ing awesome. When Jesus was making felines, he used all the cool juice on them.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I suppose the crocodile represents a certain reptile we know and love

Those damn goddesses of Hyrule .are racist as ****
What the....

'Scuse me?
Tch, ***** please.

-First of all, secondary color
-Second Check his origin
-Third Check his accent

Falco is clearly New York Italian

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Absolutely not. Stingy Muthaphuka

_

Be sure to click on the Hak Foo pic Kuma.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Depends on how you define development. Do I think any coding is being done, no. Do I think they're brainstorming? Yes, and that might as well be considered the start of development.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I figure that topic will be on hold until berserker has his say.

For now, we're discussing the possibility that Smash's Development is in its initial stages.

Considering that development will be lead by a free lance agent, it really all depends on his state of mind. If he should decide to renege on his previous statement (regarding his efforts on KI) we should be seeing leaks of Smash 4 very soon.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@poppy
Friday in Japan, they haven't been officially announced in America yet. Atleast not since I last checked.

Smash has been in the brainstorming phase ever since it was announced. Even if sakurai wasn't actively thinking about it, he was considering possibilities in the back of his mind.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So then you believe development is underway?
Y'know, a bunch of Studios helped with Brawl's development. Who's to say another studio hasn't been given a bit of work to do while Uprising was delayed? "We'll take over soon guys! Just help us out a bit for a while!"

N... was it that Iblis calls you... is it... Tubock? :awesome:

Y'know... like a chicken... bock bock... bagock?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I figure that topic will be on hold until berserker has his say.

For now, we're discussing the possibility that Smash's Development is in its initial stages.
Oh. Still, I just wanted to make a statement, regarding one of the posts that I missed.

Anyway, at the moment, I don't think Smash 4 is being developed yet. Give it a couple more months though, and that could change.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Nintendo's E3 2012 event will probably be June 6th at 9:00am Pacific since Nintendo enjoys holding their conventions on the second day of E3. We will have the official Wii U unveil and what better way to comemorate that then with a Super Smash Bros trailer?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I prefer Chubaca, but that I haven't been called that since I left the love boat.

For now, I'm curious as to how many of us still have our eyes peeled for indicators/leaks of anything Smash 4.

Smash has been in the brainstorming phase ever since it was announced. Even if sakurai wasn't actively thinking about it, he was considering possibilities in the back of his mind.
Very insightful

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Y'know, a bunch of Studios helped with Brawl's development. Who's to say another studio hasn't been given a bit of work to do while Uprising was delayed? "We'll take over soon guys! Just help us out a bit for a while!"
Would not be that shocking. Retro helped out with Mario Kart 7 and Monolith Soft helped with Skyward Sword.

I prefer Chubaca, but that I haven't been called that since I left the love boat.

For now, I'm curious as to how many of us have our eyes peeled for indicators/leaks of anything Smash 4.
I would not expect much. Unless Lupinko finds a way to pull it off...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
For one thing that I want for Smash 4, I pretty much want Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to get back their cartoonish voices. I get much more humor out of them that way.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If I were Sakurai, I would say something like "C'mon Iwataaa~ It's co close to Christmaaas~ Can't I start my break earlyyy~"

Put off Smash until the new year, y'know.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
For one thing that I want for Smash 4, I pretty much want Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong to get back their cartoonish voices. I get much more humor out of them that way.
You talkin Returns VA?

Well, who knows? As far as Brawl, "realistic" was the overall direction of the design. DK sounded like a legit ape and Bowser a dinosaur.

More and more games that are being released have been fairly expressive / comedic so it would make sense to have a more cartoon-y design / edge.

If I could get ol skool mario's VA back, it would be a fair trade off personally. Since I don't 'get' the Nintendo chosen VA of current.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nintendo's E3 2012 event will probably be June 6th at 9:00am Pacific since Nintendo enjoys holding their conventions on the second day of E3. We will have the official Wii U unveil and what better way to comemorate that then with a Super Smash Bros trailer?
A trailer showing actual, GOOD gameplay.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You talkin Returns VA?

Well, who knows? As far as Brawl, "realistic" was the overall direction of the design.

More and more games that are being released have been fairly expressive / comedic so it would make sense to have a more cartoon-y design.

If I could get ol skool mario's VA back, it would be a fair trade off personally. Since I don't 'get' the Nintendo chosen VA of current.
Well, it's not exactly limited to Donkey Kong Country Returns, as DK's current voice was also used in Punch-Out!!, Super Mario Strikers, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Sports Mix, and even Mario Kart DS.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

For now, I'm curious as to how many of us still have our eyes peeled for indicators/leaks of anything Smash 4.

Very insightful
I still am, but nowhere NEAR as much as I did with Brawl. Occasionally, I'll leave this site and look up Sm4sh details, but I only find fan games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom