• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I take everything I said back. I know what would make the next Super Smash Bros trailer exciting. Not only that it would top the previous two trailers. This.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All I will say is I wish Medabots had been a Nintendo property...

I don't have the time to go through 6 pages. Was anything related to speculation said, and could I get a quick summary? If possible, please.
Not really just discussion over next years presumable trailer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't have the time to go through 6 pages. Was anything related to speculation said, and could I get a quick summary? If possible, please.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Nintendo is releasing a program to fix the skyward sword glitch over the Internet soon. Possible sign that they will really embrace patches next gen?

:phone:

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
We aren't going to get anything Smash Bros. related during this or next E3, I hope everyone is prepared for that.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
We aren't going to get anything Smash Bros. related during this or next E3, I hope everyone is prepared for that.
Oh BELIEVE ME there will be something to show. We are not just talking about Sakurai here we are also talking about Nintendo. You have to remember Nintendo were the ones who made the Brawl trailer, not Sakurai. That trailer was created with less than 5-6 months of development into Brawl. So the amount of time is not the issue. Nintendo is about to unveil a system that is already having mixed reactions, and with the botching of the 3DS launch you bet your money Nintendo will be firing on all cylinders to build up hype for the Wii U. There is no better game, or trailer, to do that than Super Smash Bros. This supersedes even Sakurai himself though I do not doubt there would be much objection from him anyways.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@hyper
Can do

Star what do you mean by original 3ds? Do you mean the original price tag or are you talking about the original (current) model since an updated version with two circle pads is imminent.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was meaning the initial launch. The way the 3DS was handled was one of the lowest points Nintendo has had in the past decade and almost cost Iwata his job (per rumors).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@disfunkshunal: The 3DS has a mediocre launch due to zero first party(notable) titles that weren't Nintendogs(and I don't think they're first party). No Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, F-Zero, or any real big name.

Pilotwings was a notable name... in the past. It fell into obscurity. Basically, a bad launch really hurt them. They should've waited till atleast one Mario game came out, or OOT 3D, etc. There was some neat ones, but they were too unknown or original titles. It's not like with Wii Sports that was free, there were just no major titles besides maybe Super Street Fighter 4 3DS, and frankly, a lot of people already had the PS3/360 earlier versions, so that isn't an eye-catcher on its own. Likewise, related, many people are only picking up the latest version instead of updates, so it was an iffy idea at best.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ok that makes sense. If Nintendo doesn't learn from the 3ds launch theyll lose a lot more fan support and respect. They cant afford another big blow.

@hyper
I understand now. Star originally said "original 3ds" rather than "3ds launch"

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Oh BELIEVE ME there will be something to show.

Nintendo is about to unveil a system that is already having mixed reactions, and with the botching of the 3DS launch you bet your money Nintendo will be firing on all cylinders to build up hype for the Wii U. There is no better game, or trailer, to do that than Super Smash Bros. This supersedes even Sakurai himself
Only the best rabbles from Star. I can almost hear your voice by the way you worded this.

I see an image of gamers who are unsure what Nintendo really has to offer them. Recent titles have been a mixed bag of genres that don't share the same enigma of the SNES/64 days.

Could this be considered the next big shameless plug that can to garner consumers of all different type into the Nintendo market?

All I will say is I wish Medabots had been a Nintendo property...
Reminds me of the OVA Our War Game! from the Digimon series

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Man, you really do have a talent of ending debates Star! Now I am almost convinced that we'll see something "Super Smash Bros." related in next year's E3. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually thought they were best before the GameCube myself. Their titles were topnotch and not gimmick-heavy(besides being 3-D). I think gimmicks became too much, and well, we got things like Waggle-controls instead of... just having traditional controls. I don't know why they seem like a bad idea nowadays. I mean, I honestly think it's starting to hurt when the mainstream titles starting using them.

Mostly because they're often not spot on, and sometimes downright unneeded. Mainly the DS controls for Zelda. They didn't really add anything to the games outside of cool item ideas or the map. But for moving and rolling? Face-buttons, damnit.

Anyway, I'm still hoping the Wii U allows you to use two Tablets at once. It's perfect for tournaments. Everybody can bring their own controller, although it would mean Doubles requires Wii Remotes/etc.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I think that based on Nintendo's consumer reactions over Skyward Sword, there's a message that endearing faith can be rewarded.

That it took so long for the gimmick to flourish might suggest a conflict between marketing and creativity.

Anyway, I'm still hoping the Wii U allows you to use two Tablets at once. It's perfect for tournaments. Everybody can bring their own controller, although it would mean Doubles requires Wii Remotes/etc.
Because of what I mentioned, I'm going to practice "faith" in the vein of patience, that the Wii U will deliver on controller options. Nintendo's controllers have always been well suited for their respective platforms.

I have no doubts that the USB inputs will suffice for some kickass controllers (as wired ones are just important as wireless)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think that based on Nintendo's consumer reactions over Skyward Sword, there's a message that endearing faith can be rewarded.

That it took so long for the gimmick to flourish might suggest a conflict between marketing and creativity.
Creativity and Marketing only help if the quality is still there. That becomes lacking with controls like I mentioned earlier. Compare Super Mario 64 DS which wasn't perfect, but you could choose either control option, and they all worked well enough. This would've been nice. They weren't bad, but they weren't very responsive most of the time. It also made the games impossible for ME to beat.

Because of what I mentioned, I'm going to practice "faith" in the vein of patience, that the Wii U will deliver on controller options. Nintendo's controllers have always been well suited for their respective platforms.

I have no doubts that the USB inputs will suffice for some kickass controllers (as wired ones are just important as wireless)
Agreed.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That would explain the mother****ing minigame craze, then the mother****ing exercise craze, and now the mother****ing dancing games. Seriously how many versions of the Just Dance games are there that have been released this year?

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I know exactly where you're coming from. Quite Frankly, I blame the FPS genre for its rapid development patterns.

Who can compete with a genre that people will just consume based on the notion that its "more CoD!" ?

Seems like they had to set the bar on one of the two extremes Really good, or Really bad. The Result? The Wii "got by" on crap titles so they could "buy time" for their grade A ones. (SMG2... Formulaic much?)

That becomes lacking with controls like I mentioned earlier. Compare Super Mario 64 DS which wasn't perfect, but you could choose either control option, and they all worked well enough.
Which is interesting because, as much as I hate to admit it, a game like DKC Returns proved that motion controls can grow on you.

Sure the other option would have been really nice too. I figure they settled on an "experience" to suit the gimmick of the console it was designed around.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do you think all the "SSB will be shown at E3" and lists of games being made for the new Ninty system were just bunk, and only GOT LUCKY by guessing Smash was being announced? Or do you think there was a leak? I really doubt the leak.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'll admit, I'm not sure if "you" means me or a you in the rhetorical sense. Like you're introducing a concept to the thread.

I figure the latter, except, well, if someone talks to me I'm compelled respond.

LOL, in other words "uhhh, you talkin to me?"

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I'm quite certain development had been started over a year before that trailer. Pre-E3 2005 they said the game had already been in development for a while at that point. The trailer came out in E3 2006.

Also, in an article somewhere I believe it said that there was immediate interest after Melee was released for a sequel. So no, it won't be very soon, as sad as that is to say.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Kuma, how would L-Canceling have effected Brawl in your eyes? I've heard it was in there at one point. Also, I heard that originally, Mario was better in Meta-Knight at some point.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know exactly where you're coming from. Quite Frankly, I blame the FPS genre for its rapid development patterns.

Who can compete with a genre that people will just consume based on the notion that its "more CoD!" ?

Seems like they had to set the bar on one of the two extremes Really good, or Really bad. The Result? The Wii "got by" on crap titles so they could "buy time" for their grade A ones. (SMG2... Formulaic much?)
Actually, I wasn't a major fan of the Galaxy games. I thought only SM64 was good of the 3D games. I do get what you mean, although I like FPS's, but most are bland to me.

Which is interesting because, as much as I hate to admit it, a game like DKC Returns proved that motion controls can grow on you.

Sure the other option would have been really nice too. I figure they settled on an "experience" to suit the gimmick of the console it was designed around.
I didn't say they were bad either. Some are pretty good. Super Paper Mario, I thought, had beautiful controls. So did Mario Kart Wii and Brawl. I just think some are too gimmicky and not entirely respondent, if you will.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Your opinion over the matter isn't in question. Actually I was making that same statement that motion controls can be neat if intuitive enough.

Aight, aight, just making sure. You surprised me is all. Of course I would NEVER dream of talking to you :smirk:

in an article somewhere I believe it said that there was immediate interest after Melee was released for a sequel. So no, it won't be very soon, as sad as that is to say.
Ok, what is it exactly that you're referring to?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm quite certain development had been started over a year before that trailer. Pre-E3 2005 they said the game had already been in development for a while at that point. The trailer came out in E3 2006.
Sakurai hadn't even been asked to make Brawl yet when they announced it at E3 '05. Development started that October. When Iwata said "we're pushing our team to make Smash Bros. for Revolution" or whatever, I thiiink it was said that, in case Sakurai refused, they were essentially going to port Melee to the Wii, add a few characters/whatever, maybe online, and have it ready FOR LAUNCH.

Some silly people probably would have preferred that. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Also, in an article somewhere I believe it said that there was immediate interest after Melee was released for a sequel. So no, it won't be very soon, as sad as that is to say.
Brawl's development began on October, 2005. Less than a year later, a cinematic trailer came out.

As for a trailer, I am really hoping to see one for E3 2012 and while optimistic, with four or five newcomers.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Some silly people probably would have preferred that.
What else was there that would help branch Brawl into it's own independent title? Better yet, what milestones did Brawl actually accomplish that distinguished it among the others?

Much ado over nothing.

As for a trailer, I am really hoping to see one for E3 2012 and while optimistic, with four or five newcomers.
Thanks. ^ / v

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i do believe that we will be getting a trailer... there is no fighting it.
Would you think I'd be lying if I said half of the songs on my Ipod were from the MM series? lol
at one point, half of my ipod's music library was megaman music... ranging from UGEN / Kurogane THIRD's complete library of megaman x remixes including the classic generation remixes, to BREISPROWER's awesome X remixes, to Dangerous Mezashi Cat's Classic remixes, to actual themes from the game like Space Port or the japanese opening to MMX8, WILDFANG. also, some random youtube remixes and the like as well as a few from OC Remix... not to mention all of the songs from The Protomen that i absolutely adore count as well.

well, due to my recent influx of songs off my pandora, now the half way point is of game music in general.

love MOKA!!! wish for some of his remixes of zelda would be used for smash 4... a man can dream.
Zelda Title Theme

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
We will get news, whether it shall be news, "leaks," or rumors, there shall be something to discuss very soon.

not to mention all of the songs from The Protomen that i absolutely adore count as well.
Protomen? I prefer The Megas (I can't wait for their MM3 album to come out).

Most of my songs are remixes from a bunch of different covers and bands: ex. The Oneups, Metroid Metal, Powerglove, and of course, Brentalfloss (:awesome:)

I do have a bunch of VG soundtracks and orchestrated (OGC, VGL ect.) tracks as well. I have yet to check out OC Remix though.

In fact, the only non-VG related song I have on my Ipod would be this.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What else was there that would help branch Brawl into it's own independent title? Better yet, what milestones did Brawl actually accomplish that distinguished it among the others?

Much ado over nothing.
Because **** progress, right? :troll:

Tryphen, you should rent yourself some Star Fox: Assault to prepare yourself for Uprising.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Well if what you guys say is true, then apparently Smash Wiki is wrong. @__@

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well if what you guys say is true, then apparently Smash Wiki is wrong. @__@
"Development of the game never actually started until late 2005, and just for its production, Nintendo opened a new office in Tokyo at the beginning of October 2005." -- SmashWiki

What were YOU reading?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tryphen, you should rent yourself some Star Fox: Assault to prepare yourself for Uprising.
Maybe, if I have the time to actually play it. I already have a good size list of games I need to work on before I head back to my dorm.

Zelda 2
Earthbound
Metroid (NES)
Super Mario 64
MM ZX
ect.

It's one of the reasons my posts have dropped during the past few days.

i don't like the voice from the megas... notice i didn't list them...
yay!! metroid metal!!
we need some of that in smash 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCgZnofnzKQ
It takes some getting used to I guess, but I don't mind it.

I must say though that it's too bad MM Universe got cancelled, I would have loved to have heard them doing the soundtrack.

Cheers to Metroid Metal though. :cool:

And with that said, I'm off to bed. Later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom