• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
New York Italian, "ITALIAN"

CHILL, don't get it twisted.

As far as you mentioned M&SG, I have it logged that that voice acting has carried over to the staple of Donkey Kong. Once I heard it in Returns, that indicated to me that it would be his official voice from here on out.

I still am, but nowhere NEAR as much as I did with Brawl.
Oh most definitely. Brawl left me with a strange sense of longing. So many unanswered questions. So many lost expectations. Money loss!

Brought me here.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A trailer showing actual, GOOD gameplay.
Considering Melee and Brawl's trailers were primarily cinematic with drops of gameplay. I expect much the same with the next trailer. Something to whet the appetite of the crowd and hype up the Wii U. I am not sure how Nintendo will top the last Smash Bros reveal trailer, but they will find a way.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
New York Italian, "ITALIAN"

CHILL, don't get it twisted.

As far as you mentioned M&SG, I have it logged that that voice acting has carried over to the staple of Donkey Kong. Once I heard it in Returns, that indicated to me that it would be his official voice from here on out.
It suits Donkey Kong quite well now, since you really don't get much humor out of him if he uses actual gorilla voice clips.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Considering Melee and Brawl's trailers were primarily cinematic with drops of gameplay. I expect much the same with the next trailer. Something to whet the appetite of the crowd and hype up the Wii U. I am not sure how Nintendo will top the last Smash Bros reveal trailer, but they will find a way.
Include more characters in the trailer? Maybe something something like the UMvC3 intro, but instead of it being an epic pause, it's everyone fighting each other IN MOTION.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
I'm talkin about a man that has heard, seen, felt and near his wits end!

I'm not sure how much of DK's portrayal was considered humorous in Smash history. I tell you this: if they change his Final Smash to the punch combo used in Returns (Jungle Beat to a less dramatic extent), it WILL be ALL about the humor.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Development? Thinking about it now it should be starting very soon.

As for E3, that's a tough call, 5 months is not a lot of development time. But looking a how fast he did Melee and that he said by E3 06 every Brawl character was done to some extent, you never know.

Still if not E3, there's alway's TGS.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Include more characters in the trailer? Maybe something something like the UMvC3 intro, but instead of it being an epic pause, it's everyone fighting each other IN MOTION.
I am not sure if just having more characters will do it. Heck even third party characters might not have the same wow factor as before. Maybe the trailer can emphasize the connection and/or possibilities between the 3DS and Wii U editions?

Also, I just watched a Youtube clip of Sonic Unleashed. Sonic sounds just like Goku. o.o

I'm talkin about a man that has heard, seen, felt and near his wits end!
*raises hand*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If you're gonna unveil a game, I wouldn't mention interconnectivity. I like the idea where you just show, not tell for the unveiling of a game. Save that stuff for a trailer of its own.

IIRC, wasn't an early version of Melee's intro used to reveal it to the public?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If you're gonna unveil a game, I wouldn't mention interconnectivity. I like the idea where you just show, not tell for the unveiling of a game. Save that stuff for a trailer of its own.

IIRC, wasn't an early version of Melee's intro used to reveal it to the public?
Yes, but it was an altered version.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
The sexiest thing Ninty could do that I could see fans eating up is giving out a demo with, hm 8 characters available in versus. (That being the only mode you can play with only 3 stages)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
To be more specific, it should be the original starting eight, and make one of the stages either Hyrule Castle or Saffron City remade.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
6:40

Fanservice!

I'd be severely pleased to see HD remakes of classic (lost, for all intents and purposes) stages.

Iblis is thinking like a showbiz genius!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yeah first two stages are Final and Battlefield and then the thrid could be something to hype people.

EDIT: *Looks at thread*
>Productive disucssion
>Looks again
>See only the summertime posters
>:awesome:

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
It should be battlefield, a brawl casual return like warioware, and a new stage. That'd please the most people without giving away too much.

:phone:

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
When Omega returns I'm gonna give him some juicy rumors like

"Yo son, didya hear? Smash will be developed by EA!"

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
To be more specific, it should be the original starting eight, and make one of the stages either Hyrule Castle or Saffron City remade.
Considering this hypothetical E3 trailer will have about as much time as the last one I would not expect veterans outside of the main four (Mario, Pikachu, Link and Kirby). It is also unlikely we will see any revamped Smash 64 stages.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
So no spoiler characters, no subsidiary characters, just plain brainchild mascots we've seen millions of times over.

Sounds about right. No, no, except this time, we'll put em in white room!

(Insert Mind explosion)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
That is even more unlikely. Seriously, a demo for a game that has hardly been in development and will not be completed until about 2-3 years later?

Oh N... What I was getting at is the main veterans and some newcomers (whichever ones they are set upon).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd like to see at least 8 franchises shown so if we get to see Mega Man, we can have a Stage Select cutscene. :3

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
So no spoiler characters, no subsidiary characters, just plain brainchild mascots we've seen millions of times over.

Sounds about right. No, no, except this time, we'll put em in white room!

(Insert Mind explosion)
You mean they're gonna be on Pictochat? :troll:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
So scrap the demo idea for E3 2013? that's what I projected the demo to be released. (IF they decided on making a demo for hype.)

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
"He's the fighting robot, MEGAMAN!"

Tri-Hy that track you laid down is legit.

You mean they're gonna be on Pictochat?
Pictochat is a intelligent concept to say the least.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a demo for E3 2013. For the next E3, however, I expect some sort of awesome trailer. I envision it showing all original eight starting characters and a couple stages and maybe up to four newcomers for hype.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Live action Fights on the E3 stage FTW

Get the most asian looking mario you can find.

Would you think I'd be lying if I said half of the songs on my Ipod were from the MM series? lol
Not uncommon. I f I had the opportunity, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Speaking of mother****ing demos, I really hope that Nintendo will try to get the public to play the game as much as possible so as to not only generate hype, but to get feedback on the balance of the game.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@kuma
The former is likely since Nintendo already promised demos on the 3ds but the latter is unprecedented and IMO unlikely.

^^^^XD that's perfect

Asian adult Kirby = win
:phone:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a demo for E3 2013. For the next E3, however, I expect some sort of awesome trailer. I envision it showing all original eight starting characters and a couple stages and maybe up to four newcomers for hype.
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Donkey Kong
Fox
Marth
Pit

Toad
Medusa
Roy
Ridley

Surprise!

I am just throwing names out there do not take it too seriously...

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Speaking of mother****ing demos on the 3DS, what kind of different gimmicks might be demo'd to (here it comes) exploit 3D technology?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom