• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The problem I have with this is simply lack of creativity. Every character should offer something unique. The pokemon franchise alone, as a multitude of moves that can be developed into interesting special moves. Too ignore elemental/poison/ethereal moves for slashing moves makes little sense to me.
Those are just some of what he can do. He can learn tons of variable elemental moves. Plus, having a character based upon completely normal moves instead of yet another element is something we're lacking outside of sword users. In fact, can you name one fist fighter than doesn't use an element besides Donkey Kong at most?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see porygon-Z as being weak in almost every concept but with strategy and setting up attacks deals massive damage. Also uses defensive specials to stay alive

Blastoise is able to take a lot of hits but is very slow. It uses Hydro pump to micromanage opponents which is basically just a beefed up version of water gun

Ampharos is fast and has ranged electric attacks but can't take much of a hit

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Those are just some of what he can do. He can learn tons of variable elemental moves. Plus, having a character based upon completely normal moves instead of yet another element is something we're lacking outside of sword users. In fact, can you name one fist fighter than doesn't use an element besides Donkey Kong at most?
Wolf uses a claw-based moveset.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
What exactly do you mean by element?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
There's Diddy, but he's not a standard fist fighter, just jungle style monkey madness. Donkey Kong doesn't even fully use his fists alone either. There's a lot of slapping and clapping into his moveset as well.

Little Mac seems the only other pure bare fist fighter that has potential of becoming playable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Typhlosion:
(B): Flame Burst:
He charges a fire ball. He can keep the fire ball at bay, like Lucario using Aura Sphere. When fully charged, his neck will be on fire. Press (B) again to fire. When it contacts with anything physical, it explodes in a 1/2 character space range from all sides.
DMG: 7% on click, 10% on charge, 15% on full charge. Explosion does 4% DMG. Does not effect the character hit by the fireball itself.

(B)>: Flame Wheel:
His entire body becomes one huge fire ball, and he darts forward. This is like Fox and Falco's (B)>, but goes 1/2 a character space more and is a bit slower.
DMG: 8% on run down, 2% on fire left behind, which goes away after 2 seconds of Flame Charge being shot.

(B)^: Flame Charge:
He fires himself upwards. Exactly like Fire Fox, but can twist a little bit left or right.
DMG: Same as Fox's.
~
Linoone
(B): Fury Swipes:
He grabs the opponent with claws going forward. A slash will appear in front of him, which'll do dmg instead of a grab. This is like Bowsers, except when he grabs, he'll slash the opponent in a rapid succession, doing exactly 14% DMG.
DMG: Slash: 5%. Fury Swipes: 14%.

(B)>: Shadow Claw:
He lounges forward, and the slashes. If he hits someone, he'll go straight through the opponent, and paralyze them.
DMG: 12%

(B)^: Extremespeed:
Like Lucario's, but does dmg.
DMG: 1% per second of lock hit.
~
Weavile:
(B): Icy Wind:
He blows a very cold ice out on both sides of himself. Like Ice Climbers, but also trips the opponent.
DMG: 2% per 1/2 second.

(B)>: Fake Out:
He louges through an opponent, and has a 85% chance of making them dizzy.
DMG: 5%.

(B)^: Dark Pulse:
He rides on a pulse he blasts straight down. It has huge knockback if the opponent is next to Weavile.
DMG: 8% on attack, 14% on sweet spot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wolf uses a claw-based moveset.
And has elemental attacks via his B moves. All of them need to be strictly non-elemental, which only, so far, Donkey Kong applies. Likewise, Zangoose can also learn Ice Beam, Blizzard, Giga Drain, Poison Jab, Rock Smash, Shock Wave, Shadow Ball, and so on. It's not like imagination is hard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Would you count Diddy's bananas as elemental attacks then..? So far it's only the Kongs.

Little Mac makes a good new addition though for the lack of this.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
donkey kong is earth based...

also, scizor has wings which i find cool to use in smash.
Bullet punch would be his one two punch, metal claw his fsmash, fury cutter his side b, chargeable X Scissor for B, maybe U-Turn for Up B... not sure... and of course switch pokemon as down b

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Would you count Diddy's bananas as elemental attacks then..? So far it's only the Kongs.
What about his Rocket being fire?

Little Mac makes a good new addition though for the lack of this.
I think he'd be fun to play as, to be honest. I mean, we have a non-elemental swordsman with Marth.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would Little Mack basically be the fighter (Without the Chi blast) and suplex kirby powers?

I'd find that a little lackluster. Those are already my least favorites in those games

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His Rocket Barrel is by far not an offensive attack in most case. Sure it can spike sexy, and kill humiliating, but it's not really an attack. It's a recovery option.

And Ike should've been the non elemental sword fighter. The **** was wrong with them adding fire to Ragnell??

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
And has elemental attacks via his B moves. All of them need to be strictly non-elemental, which only, so far, Donkey Kong applies. Likewise, Zangoose can also learn Ice Beam, Blizzard, Giga Drain, Poison Jab, Rock Smash, Shock Wave, Shadow Ball, and so on. It's not like imagination is hard.
You are arguing two opposing points. On one hand you complain that there are not enough physical brawlers without elemental attacks and that Zangoose can fill this gap. (Diddy Kong is more of a traditional Brawler, as well as Jiggly Puff strangely enough).

On the other hand, you state that Zangoose can use a variety of elemental attacks.

So do you want Zangoose as a standard Brawler, elemental fighter, or combination?

My point is that Zangoose doesn't have a wow! factor. He doesn't offer anything really new.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Zangoose would have Wolf's style of fighting if anything, thus is already not that unique. What about Snorlax? Mega Punch, Body Slam, Headbut... seems 'normal' enough.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know, but it can be fun because there are a lot of characters which would work well.

And I always kinda liked Rhydon.

SNORLAX, RHYDON, DRAGONITE BABY!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
His Rocket Barrel is by far not an offensive attack in most case. Sure it can spike sexy, and kill humiliating, but it's not really an attack. It's a recovery option.

And Ike should've been the non elemental sword fighter. The **** was wrong with them adding fire to Ragnell??
Not offensive? Those Rocketbarrels are how I beat that Cruel Brawl challenge.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You are arguing two opposing points. On one hand you complain that there are not enough physical brawlers without elemental attacks and that Zangoose can fill this gap. (Diddy Kong is more of a traditional Brawler, as well as Jiggly Puff strangely enough).
Alright, I missed someone. But she doesn't slash with her own hands, either.

On the other hand, you state that Zangoose can use a variety of elemental attacks.
I'm only pointing out that your thought that he can't be in because he'll be stale because of non-elemental attacks. I don't think he will be, but he can have them if goes with your fancy.

So do you want Zangoose as a standard Brawler, elemental fighter, or combination?
Standard.

My point is that Zangoose doesn't have a wow! factor. He doesn't offer anything really new.
Nor did Toon Link in Brawl. He was pretty much a carbon copy of Young Link/Link with a few new moves. That's not a very good reason when every Pokemon is completely unique on its own.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Ugh, Pokémon discussion is some of the worst anywhere. Let's talk about something fun like Fortune Street. That game has to be one of the most addicting I've played in awhile. Favorite music in this game by far.
I hear ya, I like Pokemon but it gets really annoying when it's brought up I haven't heard much about Fortune Street is it better than Mario Party?

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, Pokémon discussion is some of the worst anywhere. Let's talk about something fun like Fortune Street. That game has to be one of the most addicting I've played in awhile. Favorite music in this game by far.
Fortune Street is indeed an interesting and extremely underrated game. Toad, Jr., and Waluigi are all in it, but let us not go in there. Fortune Street is getting a lot of good reviews; however! :)

By the amount of Square Enix and Nintendo cross-overs lately, we really do have a good shot of getting a rep from Square Enix. Most likely either from Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. Slime has a really good chance to be honest even without limbs due to this. Or perhaps Moogle from Final Fantasy?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hear ya, I like Pokemon but it gets really annoying when it's brought up I haven't heard much about Fortune Street is it better than Mario Party?
It is different than Mario Party. It is like Monopoly but with a stock system and Mario and Dragon Quest flair. The boards are all taken from different Dragon Quest and Mario locations, and the music are all arrangements of music from both games. I am loving this game so far especially since I have people to play with. Granted it is not everyones cup of tea, but for me it is something in my library I can pull out to play with people and have fun. Oh, and it has this song below:

Fortune Street - Final Boss (Super Mario World)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Cruel Brawl was too frustrating for me. And I have to be careful not to destroy my only GCN controller, so yeah. :)
All right. I chose Diddy and immediately jumped to the left ledge.
I repeatedly dropped from the ledge and used the Rocketbarrels to get back up to it. When you do that, Diddy automatically grabs the ledge.
Rinse and repeat until you kill 10 enemies, either through spiking(Green Alloy) or making them fall to their death(every other Alloy).

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Nor did Toon Link in Brawl. He was pretty much a carbon copy of Young Link/Link with a few new moves. That's not a very good reason when every Pokemon is completely unique on its own.
Clones/ Semi-clones are an exception to this rule. They cut down on programming time and offer a quick addition to the roster.

I am just saying that I personally would bypass Zangoose for the roster. Not sure if he is popular or promotional enough either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Clones/ Semi-clones are an exception to this rule. They cut down on programming time and offer a quick addition to the roster.
No. They really aren't. If they can be "bland", so can any other. Falcon had all his moves made up, after all.

I am just saying that I personally would bypass Zangoose for the roster. Not sure if he is popular or promotional enough either.
Alright. I never said you would have to like him, but if we have only three characters for the PT, we have to choose non-Legendaries(atleast in this case, since that was the question asked). There aren't that many notable ones outside of Starters, really. Linoone, maybe.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
3rd gen = Blaziken, Grovyle and Mudkip. Everyone likes Mudkipz. And it continues the evolution 1 = water evolution 2 = grass evolution 3 = fire. And I dare say those 3 are the most popular choices. Grovyle also likely is more popular than Skeptile, and Mudkip really needs no explanation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
3rd gen = Blaziken, Grovyle and Mudkip. Everyone likes Mudkipz. And it continues the evolution 1 = water evolution 2 = grass evolution 3 = fire. And I dare say those 3 are the most popular choices. Grovyle also likely is more popular than Skeptile, and Mudkip really needs no explanation.
The Legendaries do get some love too. But I do agree as is.

@Iblis: Exactly. That's why I don't think Zangoose would be bland.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Mewtwo is enough for a legendary. He's the king of legendaries anyways. There's also Victini I guess...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
No. They really aren't. If they can be "bland", so can any other. Falcon had all his moves made up, after all.

Sakurai has stated that when he creates the roster he wants to add only characters that can do things no other character can. That is his thought process that he laid out. He also has stated that clones/semi-clones (at least in Melee) is a way to buff the roster. While both ideas are in themselves contradictory, one happens at the beginning of the creative stage and the other plan happens at the end of development.

Alright. I never said you would have to like him, but if we have only three characters for the PT, we have to choose non-Legendaries(atleast in this case, since that was the question asked). There aren't that many notable ones outside of Starters, really. Linoone, maybe.
This I disagree on. However, I would be interested in a proposed Zangoose moveset (if only the special moves you have in mind that define him)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Doesn't all Zangoose do are slash? I have no idea how to word that sentance without it sounding stupid

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai has stated that when he creates the roster he wants to add only characters that can do things no other character can. That is his thought process that he laid out. He also has stated that clones/semi-clones (at least in Melee) is a way to buff the roster. While both ideas are in themselves contradictory, one happens at the beginning of the creative stage and the other plan happens at the end of development.
Again, clones aren't unique besides being their own technical person. You can't dismiss them on your "unique" suggestion. What makes them unique?

This I disagree on. However, I would be interested in a proposed Zangoose moveset (if only the special moves you have in mind that define him)
Crush Claw and Poison Jab don't need to be special moves eithr.

And you missed the point. The original question for an alternate PT was to think of any without Legendaries.

@PI: No. That's just one of their many moves. A lot of their attacks are based upon it, but it's not ALL they do.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Again, clones aren't unique besides being their own technical person. You can't dismiss them on your "unique" suggestion. What makes them unique?
I am not dismissing them with my own suggestion, but rather on the basis of what Sakurai has stated in interviews. He has also explained the reasons for clones. Again, opposing views but at different stages in the creation of the game.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is what would satisfy 95% of Smash Bros. fans in regards to playable Pokemon representation:

- Bring back all of the playable Pokemon in Brawl
- Bring back Mewtwo
- Bring in the mascot to fifth/sixth generation (if fifth generation, Victini).

All of this babbling about Pokemon representation having to be egalitarian in regards to generations is nonsense, considering that most of the Smash fanbase only cares about Mewtwo and Victini/Zoroark getting in.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Mewtwo is enough for a legendary. He's the king of legendaries anyways. There's also Victini I guess...
Well technically... Arceus apparently created the Sinnoh Region and possibly the entire Pokemon World and has the highest base stats not to mention Tyranitar can OHKO "the king of legendary's" with a Choice Scarf and Crunch but I like Mewtwo so I'm not going to bash it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am not dismissing them with my own suggestion, but rather on the basis of what Sakurai has stated in interviews. He has also explained the reasons for clones. Again, opposing views but at different stages in the creation of the game.
Sure, Young Link counts for that. Toon Link doesn't. He never explained the clones in Brawl, just Melee. I completely understand his reasons for Melee. Brawl... he had enough time to actually de-clone them fully. Why he didn't? I dunno. Not really going to make silly theories.

I wouldn't mind everyone returning, with a 3rd, 5th, and 6th(if out) gen too. That's 3 new characters. I'd totally like for all characters to return in general myself. I don't mind a big roster at all.(clones or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom