• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Because they are Nintendo's 3 biggest franchises, they need to be represented equally. Also, give me one reason to get both versions without exclusive characters and I'll start considering making them the same.
They've never been represented equally, so why start now? More importantly, who cares? See, you get caught up on weird things. No one cares about equal representation. No one cares which systems a character has had more of a presence on. You butcher your rosters based on silly things that only nerds like us could appreciate.

You also have this idea that the 3DS has to have exclusive characters, never minding that it's going to be a different game on its own, to make sales. Do you expect it has to sell EQUAL to the console version? Do you think Nintendo expects that? I can tell you what they do expect: Lots of money either way! You see, Smash games sell really, really well. The rosters on each version don't mean a thing. The only characters capable of making sales are the ORIGINAL STARTING EIGHT, and they will undoubtedly be ON BOTH VERSIONS.

You're also ignoring all the information we have that tells us INTERCONNECTIVITY will be a big feature, which would mean having version exclusives would be very COUNTERINTUITIVE.

So, the reason to get both versions would depend on the experience you're looking for. Play with your friends on the Wii U, or play on the go on the 3DS. Each game will be tailored specifically to the respective system. If BOTH of those interest you, then HEY! you get both!

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
They've never been represented equally, so why start now? More importantly, who cares? See, you get caught up on weird things. No one cares about equal representation. No one cares which systems a character has had more of a presence on. You butcher your rosters based on silly things that only nerds like us could appreciate.

You also have this idea that the 3DS has to have exclusive characters, never minding that it's going to be a different game on its own, to make sales. Do you expect it has to sell EQUAL to the console version? Do you think Nintendo expects that? I can tell you what they do expect: Lots of money either way! You see, Smash games sell really, really well. The rosters on each version don't mean a thing. The only characters capable of making sales are the ORIGINAL STARTING EIGHT, and they will undoubtedly be ON BOTH VERSIONS.

You're also ignoring all the information we have that tells us INTERCONNECTIVITY will be a big feature, which would mean having version exclusives would be very COUNTERINTUITIVE.

So, the reason to get both versions would depend on the experience you're looking for. Play with your friends on the Wii U, or play on the go on the 3DS. Each game will be tailored specifically to the respective system. If BOTH of those interest you, then HEY! you get both!
I know I'm getting both. :)

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Everyone want to hear another interesting Zelda tidbit? Apparently Miyamoto said that it might be possible for a Retro Studios collaboration on a future Zelda. It really would not be all that surprising since Monolith Studios helped with development of Skyward Sword. The only reason that would be fascinating is if Nintendo did decide to accelerate the development time for the next Legend of Zelda console title.
Now that would be interesting. Perhaps it'll give the formula more of a shake-up then Skyward Sword has done.
xIblisx said:
....sooooo, in an order of top 5, what do you guys think, which series should a get a new rep. first?
A new rep?

First one is Metroid. Ridley was the biggest snatch from Brawl and it needs to show up. Afterwards, Donkey Kong should get a rep with my personal choice being King K. Rool, but Dixie Kong is good as well. Third in line should be the Mario franchise due to being absolutely massive and a few characters that are worthy of a spot. My fourth pick would go to Pokemon since it is the second biggest franchise from Nintendo and that there's so many good choices. Finally, I would add in Little Mac from Punch-Out!!, the best choice for new series.

I fully expect those five to receive a newcomer (and in Pokemon case, a fifth slot) along with a retro rep, a Fire Emblem rep, and a Kid Icarus newcomer.
xIblisx said:
second, why do specials that look similar bother you so much when the effects are different? Ex. Ness&Lucas, SF characters.
Because it's kind of lazy when they could just make an original move set. Lucas for one had no reason to be a semi-clone, making an addition I didn't care for even less pleasant.
Spydr_Enzo said:
EDIT: I just looked at my own post count, and I am ashamed...
Don't worry, as long as you're articulate, that's what we like.
asage94 said:
If you guys could pick ANY Pokemon (except legendaries and really big PKMN), who'd you pair in one trainer?
I'd like to see Scizor, Bisharp, and Gallade in a trainer. Never going to happen, but they would be cool.
Diddy Kong said:
Tingle is a whole different story. But he's yet to re-appear since Brawl as well. Wouldn't say that he's likely if he's not getting a decent role soon.
To be fair, he did get his own game after Brawl in 2009, so he hasn't been completely forgotten.
Starphoenix said:
Ugh, Pokémon discussion is some of the worst anywhere.
To be fair, they're much better and calmer on GameFAQs. Not nearly as much flame wars. People leave their opinions on a board and likely leave.
Propeller Toad said:
By the amount of Square Enix and Nintendo cross-overs lately, we really do have a good shot of getting a rep from Square Enix. Most likely either from Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy. Slime has a really good chance to be honest even without limbs due to this. Or perhaps Moogle from Final Fantasy?
I'd love to see Slime in. He would fit very well into the Smash scene and make for an unexpected appearance. Basically the Snake of SSB4, expect in cute and cuddly form.

On the review of Fortune Street, they're okay, but not great. Right now, it's standing at a 72 at Metacritic. Better then a Mario Party game, but one that lacks a Wi-Fi online play is one that is probably not going to get me a buy (especially since I don't have the ability to play with friends and that I have barely started on Skyward Sword due to school).
Starphoenix said:
Fortune Street - Final Boss (Super Mario World)
Why don't they use it again in a Mario title? Perhaps in a possible remake of Super Mario World?
ChronoBound said:
Here is what would satisfy 95% of Smash Bros. fans in regards to playable Pokemon representation:

- Bring back all of the playable Pokemon in Brawl
- Bring back Mewtwo
- Bring in the mascot to fifth/sixth generation (if fifth generation, Victini).

All of this babbling about Pokemon representation having to be egalitarian in regards to generations is nonsense, considering that most of the Smash fanbase only cares about Mewtwo and Victini/Zoroark getting in.
I would be extremely satisfied with this set-up. There should be no cuts period and many fans would be happy with either of those two reps.
ChronoBound said:
There is more to representation that just characters you know.
I agree with this, although I will state the Hoenn was shafted in representation period, not just a character. I want for them to make it up in SSB4, however, I am aware it is unlikely for them to give Hoenn recognition.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Little Mac, the character design and potential moveset, really lacks a wow! factor for me and desperately hungers for creativity.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Saria's Song
Now, I want THIS to be in SSB4. Not just Saria's Song, but this one exact.

@SSBF When they brought PKMN Red into SSBB, doubting Hoenn is a little hard. Plus, if we all remember the info on Twitter that Serebii shared that I posted, we know that if it's true, Hoenn has a huge chance to jump into SSB4's era of Character choice. I really hope not, though.

BTW, does SSB anime sound good? Because I'm wondering why they haven't made it -_-

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
One thing that makes Mac interesting, TO ME, is his small size. I mean, look at how tiny he was in Brawl. It's not MUCH, but at least you can say "he's not JUST a boxer, he's a SMALL boxer!"

Pretty sure I cobbled this together from a few ideas I've seen around here, but y'know that feeling in Punch-Out when you've been knocked down, and you frantically mash buttons to get back up? I'd like if that could be translated into Smash somehow. Like, if you get hit too much, you'll become fatigued for a moment and become slightly weaker/slower/whatever. If this goes on too long, you'll be forced to stop and mash buttons to regain stamina.

HOWEVER, if YOU'RE the one doing lots of HITTIN', you'll power up, with slightly stronger/faster/whatever attributes.

Or maybe you earn hearts? That might be hard to keep track of.

OF COURSE, this is all probably very unnecessary.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It's true about Little Mac that he could be a rather "bland" character, and yes he misses a lot of uniqueness perhaps most other characters have... But: not being unique can be unique as well. As said before, besides the Kongs there are no real 100% fist fighters in Smash. And even the Kongs are doubtfully in that category.

His blandness could make him easy to use perhaps to? Perhaps the perfect beginner character? Would be cool, cause Brawl especially was made to balance the pros vs beginners a bit better.

And is that Tingle game that Baloonfigher-like game? Wasn't released outside of JP iirc. Even though, I guess he's alright and... yes perhaps more likely than Impa at this exact moment. But there's hoping Impa returns in Zelda Wii U. I could see it happening. Either she or Sheik.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
It was to be expected to have voice chatting. I'll definatly be using headphones for the game if I get it some time. And he sounds like he does in Brawl basically. Just as annoying.

Also, what about hitstun in Melee for only specific moves, but regular moves react like it's in Brawl? I would also like some more clever usage of super armor frames.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Impa's been in lots of legend of zelda games, the problem is she has never been relative as a character because she's usually a fat old woman.

She'll probably appear in another legend of zelda later, most likely going back to her old age

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It's true about Little Mac that he could be a rather "bland" character, and yes he misses a lot of uniqueness perhaps most other characters have... But: not being unique can be unique as well. As said before, besides the Kongs there are no real 100% fist fighters in Smash. And even the Kongs are doubtfully in that category.
Donkey Kong, while not a 100 percent fist fighter, is an all-out brawler. He has creative moves and successfully fills the niche of brawler.

Nintendo has a wealth of characters with flashy moves and flashy designs. I don't think a character should take up a spot because he fills the role of "bland and blah."

D

Deleted member

I just got maliciously hacked and had to restore my computer at an earlier point. It was either this site or Nsider.
So you're saying that we should leave this site now? If it isn't here, I sure am not going on Nsider2 today.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik is less relative in Ocarina of Time than Impa was in Skyward Sword. Though I do see why OoT is considered more important. But doesn't mean I don't have to like it like that. And I think Impa would rather return to the way she was in SS.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The old voice seems to be more energetic and heroic. The new one seems a bit immature and childish.
I agree with the old voices seeming more energetic.

The new ones sound like they are tired or barely trying or something, something is off about them

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So you're saying that we should leave this site now? If it isn't here, I sure am not going on Nsider2 today.
I have no idea. All I know is all of a sudden I had rogue anti virus software installed on my PC and it was beginning to hold my laptop for "ransom". I had to restore my PC to an earlier point and now I am running anti virus scans. Once Microsoft Security Essentials is done scanning I will be using Malwarebytes to perform a secondary scan.I am usually good about avoiding fishy places but I might have. Just be careful, I have no idea if it is any of those two sites but just exercise some caution. If I see anything further I will probably contact the administrators.

D

Deleted member

I have no idea. All I know is all of a sudden I had rogue anti virus software installed on my PC and it was beginning to hold my laptop for "ransom". I had to restore my PC to an earlier point and now I am running anti virus scans. Once Microsoft Security Essentials is done scanning I will be using Malwarebytes to perform a secondary scan.I am usually good about avoiding fishy places but I might have. Just be careful, I have no idea if it is any of those two sites but just exercise some caution. If I see anything further I will probably contact the administrators.
Well, if you hear anymore reports of hacking on Nsider2, let the admins of that site know.

D

Deleted member

They changed his name to Dillon? I immediately withdraw any support I had for him to be in the game. God, that's a terrible name.
Dillon looks interesting to me still, but I agree, that has got to be the crappiest name in existence.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I gave Star that malicious virus.
I'll give you something a whole lot worse than a virus...

They changed his name to Dillon? I immediately withdraw any support I had for him to be in the game. God, that's a terrible name.
Meh Dillon is not the worst I have heard. Jiro was better though.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Which is smart because the last thing anybody needs is a cyber stalker. That is why my mouth was almost on the floor that one time when people were posting personal pictures of theirs. It is like nobody paid attention to those stranger danger videos.

Anyways, going back to Kid Icarus, how much do we all think Pit's moveset will change in the next game? Also, with the rise of the Tanooki tail is it possible we may see a Tanooki Leaf in the next game as an item?

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Come on guys. What's in a name? :o

I agree that Jiro was definitely a more better unique name; however, that's no reason to hate a character. Hm, but was there much support for him either way? I remember he had a bit of support in the beginning, but now it seems to have vanished a bit...

As for the Tanooki tail, we did have Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, and Bowser (well the false Bowsers) sport them in SM3DL...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The Tanooki Tail is quite questionable, since it would look weird on anyone who already has a tail; Ex.: Fox McCloud.
Maybe with characters who already have tails they will just use theirs? I mean when Peach holds a parasol and uses her Up Special she uses the item. Just apply that in reverse, at least to me.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I only came back here to see what Mechawave said to me, but it looks like the most likely reply it got removed.

That makes me even more happier. Merry Christmas ME!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Or it could replace their current tail. It doesn't matter as long as it's easy to animate overall.

IMO, while I loved the parasol, I tend to not like items that increase recovery options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom