• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Or it could replace their current tail. It doesn't matter as long as it's easy to animate overall.

IMO, while I loved the parasol, I tend to not like items that increase recovery options.
I did not care about the parasol either way. Was a rather weak item that never really held any benefit for me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I did not care about the parasol either way. Was a rather weak item that never really held any benefit for me.
I have a favorite item from every Smash, so eh. Fan for first, Parasol for second, and while I kind of lack a third, I guess the Smash Bomb.

...Also, recovery, dood.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I remember somebody mentioning this way back, but what are your opinions on the introduction of an item such as the 1-up Mushroom? Obviously, its power would be to provide an extra life for the player; however, would it be fair and how often should it appear?

I think it is an alright item (quite unique for a Smash item so far); however, can it become abused? Thoughts?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i just started rewatching the e32010 kid icarus uprising... i got chills... i freakin love that!!
"sorry to keep you waiting!" get's me every time.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
^Enjoy it while the moment of peace lasts. I'm expecting things to go hectic once spring comes along (with the release of new games).

Also the Kid Icarus trailer looks fantastic! However, I can't just help but notice the so many similar sceneries and battles to that of Brawl's SSE (am I the only one who notices the similarities?).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
i just started rewatching the e32010 kid icarus uprising... i got chills... i freakin love that!!
Really? I thought it was the most corniest thing I've ever heard Pit ever say...

Yeah, this is awesome... I just got told by some girl on vid chat, "Have you been losing weight?" It's working ^v^

Also, I made a really cool Avatar grid. I got a new avatar coming up, and It's gunna be probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made... But we'll see Lol

@Zap Tackle Shh! We like it like this. Soak up the peace at night. I might just stick around at night time... Unless we get unwanted guests .~.
I noticed they're still copying other game franchises, just like the original Lol It does look good, though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
^Enjoy it while the moment of peace lasts. I'm expecting things to go hectic once spring comes along (with the release of new games).

Also the Kid Icarus trailer looks fantastic! However, I can't just help but notice the so many similar sceneries and battles to that of Brawl's SSE (am I the only one who notices the similarities?).
No. you are not alone. I have heard other people mention (and complain) that the story mode is similar to Subspace Emissary.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@asage

I don't mind the silence either as it's much more relaxing this way as well. A natural trait of the night time scenery (well at least in my region).

No. you are not alone. I have heard other people mention (and complain) that the story mode is similar to Subspace Emissary.
I have no problem with the gameplay being similar to the SSE if they manage to execute it well enough. There are a lot of unique elements being previewed in the game anyways, and being that it is the same team developing this game as Smash Bros., I figured that there would be some obvious similarities.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@asage

I don't mind the silence either as it's much more relaxing this way as well. A natural trait of the night time scenery (well at least in my region).
Nightime here, too. I'm lovin the fact that tonite's quiet, but I gtg get sleep ._. I hate school... good thing I'm a senior.

Alright, so big news (well, to me it is). My outstanding Victini on my PKMN black game won me a lifesize Victini doll. It can stand, move it's hands/legs, and if you press a button on it's hand (Which is hidden), it's forehead lightens up. Totally badass, man! I'm gunna go get it tomarrow.

Finally, as a promotion for Victini, I've made a 36 second video with Pokemon movie Black's theme in it, showing some Smash/Victini related stuff. It looks awesome, and I put down the links to Smashboards and my blog. But I'm still looking for Victini gifs ._.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
At least we're sticking with a single cast and that the characters talk. Just the thought of this having any similarities to the SSE is frightening though.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
At least we're sticking with a single cast and that the characters talk. Just the thought of this having any similarities to the SSE is frightening though.
Mortifying. But as it was said. We won't have to see Pit and the gang desperately trying to pantomime their feelings and still fail miserably to show the player WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON. That IS a plus, eh? I think Sakurai simply can't make up anything on his own, anymore. He should just stick to stealing a bunch of people's work and SMASHing it together (hue hue hue). Works much MUCH better that way.

D

Deleted member

Meh, at least it's a lot better then two days ago (I am seriously starting to dislike victinivcreate1). However, I am expecting the quality to plummet eventually and it will get worse by May. Oh much worse.

One similarity I have noticed is that the Medusa boss fight seems similar to the Tabuu final boss fight. It also takes a lot from Sin & Punishment, indicating Sakurai's bias for the series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mortifying. But as it was said. We won't have to see Pit and the gang desperately trying to pantomime their feelings and still fail miserably to show the player WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON. That IS a plus, eh? I think Sakurai simply can't make up anything on his own, anymore. He should just stick to stealing a bunch of people's work and SMASHing it together (hue hue hue). Works much MUCH better that way.
More like he can't think of anything beyond Kirby Super Star.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Meh, at least it's a lot better then two days ago (I am seriously starting to dislike victinivcreate1). However, I am expecting the quality to plummet eventually and it will get worse by May. Oh much worse.

One similarity I have noticed is that the Medusa boss fight seems similar to the Tabuu final boss fight. It also takes a lot from Sin & Punishment, indicating Sakurai's bias for the series.
Well, aren't we all very hioeful for the future? Lol seriously, guys, one person isn't going to make that big of a fuss, nor should of. Let them do their dumb thing (MechaWave, SW96, Victinivcreate, etc..), and let's continue the oeace. If we don't, won't the mods shut the thread down for awhile?

Magikarp

Agility speed baton

Focus Sash

Flail
Although I love Magikarp, Quick Attack says hello ._.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Weird as it may sound, I would love if the thread got closed for a couple days.
...they see you when you're typing...

So, I have some news that involves your guy's support. I'm making a new moveset after Holder of the Heel stated, "It wasn't really interested." He also did mention, along with others, that Victory Star "Was a carbon copy of Lucario's".

So, I have a question. What should Victory Star do, exactly? Or should it matter at all, and remove the trait? Also, what should we all learn for moves? I'm removing the Fusion moves and replacing Zen Headbutt, as well. Searing Shot stays, and also after some research, I found out that Victini is EXTREMELY weak. Wolf does almost 23-29% DMG on an aerial (A)v. The combo also does much more. So, I have to study more on DMG Charts. If anyone has the DMG Chart of SSBB Characters, that'd be cool.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wouldn't study damage charts as we don't know how things will be in the next game. Like, I don't go into a lot of details on the movesets I make beyond specials and certain normals because I want to leave room for what may or may not happen.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I wouldn't study damage charts as we don't know how things will be in the next game. Like, I don't go into a lot of details on the movesets I make beyond specials and certain normals because I want to leave room for what may or may not happen.
Hmm... I did notice no one does the DMG calculations... Ok, then I won't focus on DMG, but on effects. Thanks!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Magikarp

Agility speed baton

Focus Sash

Flail
I saw a video of a Magikarp Flailing to victory, but it had a huge level advantage, which made the match not very fair. If it was up against a bunch of level 100s, or even a Ghost-type, it's screwed. And like asage94 said, increased priority moves destroy that type of strategy.

Anyway, time to head back on-topic, before things get to a point where the thread gets locked.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hmm... I did notice no one does the DMG calculations... Ok, then I won't focus on DMG, but on effects. Thanks!
Well, some of us do, but I and a few others don't for various reasons. But yeah, I would be more concerned about how the character plays than damage output because it depends on the direction the developers want. Marvel's notorious and famous for it's touch of death combos so a charcter with a low damage output, even with mixups, wouldn't be viable in said environment. Likewise, Street Fighter IV has a generally lower damage output so as to put more emphasis on knockdowns and other assorted mixups.

We don't know where Sm4sh is going so damage calculations are arbitrary really.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well, some of us do, but I and a few others don't for various reasons. But yeah, I would be more concerned about how the character plays than damage output because it depends on the direction the developers want. Marvel's notorious and famous for it's touch of death combos so a charcter with a low damage output, even with mixups, wouldn't be viable in said environment. Likewise, Street Fighter IV has a generally lower damage output so as to put more emphasis on knockdowns and other assorted mixups.

We don't know where Sm4sh is going so damage calculations are arbitrary really.
Right, I see. Well, you just helped me with my blog. I'll give you a cookie later :)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yep, it gets me as well. (Especially if you were waiting for the announcement since the announcement of Brawl lol)

Now that you mention it...

Weird as it may sound, I would love if the thread got closed for a couple days.
That would be nice IMO.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Magikarp should be a pokeball pokemon and if someone attacks it he evolves into Gyrados and whirlpools everyone :laugh:
I always wondered why it was Goldeen who was performing the splash attack instead of Magikarp in the Smash Bros. games.

Also if Magikarp did get in as a Pokeball pokemon, and let's say if Gyrados is included in the package, shouldn't Hyper Beam be its move? ;) I'd love to see that in Smash.

D

Deleted member

@Zap tackle: Because it did it once in the anime and it is referenced to.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The title doesn't exactly match the purpose. |:
Yeah, I thought the same thing... I should call it Luke's Comments Channel...

I always wondered why it was Goldeen who was performing the splash attack instead of Magikarp in the Smash Bros. games.

Also if Magikarp did get in as a Pokeball pokemon, and let's say if Gyrados is included in the package, shouldn't Hyper Beam be its move? ;) I'd love to see that in Smash.
Magikarp can't be a Pokeball because it would use Flail and p!ss off everyone.

yani_

Smash Ace

Whatever floats your boat ;)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I often had the thought that if a Magikarp pops out of the Poke Ball, it'll just splash around. But if players constantly attack it, it'll evolve into a Gyarados, and unleash Dragon Rage on the ones who attacked it.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@SSBF

True; however, I was always under the impression that Magikarp should be the one doing since it was more notable for the move (I mean that is the reason why it is still known to this very day).

Magikarp's the answer, then, because if you're making a Goldeen float your boat, good chance she'll pierce a hole through it with that massive horn :troll:
What about Seaking? :smirk:

Regardless, I'd think it would be hilarious to see Magikarp performing flail. Magikarp for top tier (Pokeball pokemon of course). :troll:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I've always liked the idea of Magikarp being a sort of TRAP that evolves into Gyarados, but I wonder if it would really work out. After happening once, you're just going to run away from it. I was thinking it should have AI to FOLLOW YOU to try and put itself in HARM'S WAY, but that would make you want to run from it EVEN MORE. Maybe it should hop around away from you some, and then hop toward you, in a sort of OFF AN ON PATTERN to make one feel less TARGETED.

Or just hop around randomly. I guess that works too.

...Also, it's pretty funny that they didn't even get Munchlax to say it's English name in the English version. TRUE STORY: In an online match I had with some friends, I guess Pokeballs were on high for the occasion, and I kid you not, every single one of them had Munchlax in them. "Okay, who turned Munchlax on high?" I shall never forget that quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom