• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Sure, Young Link counts for that. Toon Link doesn't. He never explained the clones in Brawl, just Melee. I completely understand his reasons for Melee. Brawl... he had enough time to actually de-clone them fully. Why he didn't? I dunno. Not really going to make silly theories.
He didn't want to alienate players who enjoyed those characters as they were in Melee. I don't... actually remember WHERE that was said, but it's apparently pretty common knowledge now.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Here is what would satisfy 95% of Smash Bros. fans in regards to playable Pokemon representation:

- Bring back all of the playable Pokemon in Brawl
- Bring back Mewtwo
- Bring in the mascot to fifth/sixth generation (if fifth generation, Victini).

All of this babbling about Pokemon representation having to be egalitarian in regards to generations is nonsense, considering that most of the Smash fanbase only cares about Mewtwo and Victini/Zoroark getting in.
Well, as I see it, Hoenn was, to a lot of people, the best region. It also added a lot to the Pokémon games. Why not give one of the apparently most popular regions something to change a character who's already in the game? One from an over-represented region, at that.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Here is what would satisfy 95% of Smash Bros. fans in regards to playable Pokemon representation:

- Bring back all of the playable Pokemon in Brawl
- Bring back Mewtwo
- Bring in the mascot to fifth/sixth generation (if fifth generation, Victini).

All of this babbling about Pokemon representation having to be egalitarian in regards to generations is nonsense, considering that most of the Smash fanbase only cares about Mewtwo and Victini/Zoroark getting in.
Once again, return of the vets won't kill anyone, nor would it harm fanbases. But the Pokemon series would have a ****load of Pokemon Lol:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
PKMN Trainer
Lucario
Zoroark/Victini
Hmm... Let's add Deoxys. There's enough room :troll:

Well technically... Arceus apparently created the Sinnoh Region and possibly the entire Pokemon World and has the highest base stats not to mention Tyranitar can OHKO "the king of legendary's" with a Choice Scarf and Crunch but I like Mewtwo so I'm not going to bash it.
Ever heard of STAB SwordSpeed Arceus? PWN.

Sure, Young Link counts for that. Toon Link doesn't. He never explained the clones in Brawl, just Melee. I completely understand his reasons for Melee. Brawl... he had enough time to actually de-clone them fully. Why he didn't? I dunno. Not really going to make silly theories.

I wouldn't mind everyone returning, with a 3rd, 5th, and 6th(if out) gen too. That's 3 new characters. I'd totally like for all characters to return in general myself. I don't mind a big roster at all.(clones or not)
Young Link > Toon Link. Who agrees?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Typhlosion:
(B): Flame Burst:
He charges a fire ball. He can keep the fire ball at bay, like Lucario using Aura Sphere. When fully charged, his neck will be on fire. Press (B) again to fire. When it contacts with anything physical, it explodes in a 1/2 character space range from all sides.
DMG: 7% on click, 10% on charge, 15% on full charge. Explosion does 4% DMG. Does not effect the character hit by the fireball itself.
This idea has potential. I see Typhlosion as a volatile, high risk/high reward character. Purely offensive, with little regard for defense or safety.

I love the concept of gaining his fire collar after the fireball is fully charged.

The change I would make is this: Any time the fireball is hit with an attack, it explodes( the explosion size depending how long the attack was charged at the time). So even when Typhlosion is charging the fireball, and the engorged fire sphere is in front of the pokemon, it is prone to exploding if a laser blast or punch makes contact.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Once again, return of the vets won't kill anyone, nor would it harm fanbases. But the Pokemon series would have a ****load of Pokemon Lol:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
PKMN Trainer
Lucario
Zoroark/Victini

I AGREE WITH THAT.

With the Pokémon Trainer(3rd Gen), we keep a character from Brawl, but change his Pokémon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well technically... Arceus apparently created the Sinnoh Region and possibly the entire Pokemon World and has the highest base stats not to mention Tyranitar can OHKO "the king of legendary's" with a Choice Scarf and Crunch but I like Mewtwo so I'm not going to bash it.
I never liked the idea of Arceus.

Mewtwo still outspeeds Tyranitar heavily, and a regular Aura Sphere would kill Tyranitar even without items or Calm Minds. So yeah, he's still the king imo. The most dangerous to with his new signature move or so I've read.

But yeah, ****ing Arcues. It still takes a lot of strategy to take Mewtwo down though.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Well, as I see it, Hoenn was, to a lot of people, the best region. It also added a lot to the Pokémon games. Why not give one of the apparently most popular regions something to change a character who's already in the game? One from an over-represented region, at that.
There is more to representation that just characters you know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pichu
PKMN Trainer
Lucario
Zoroark/Victini

There's always enough room for any Gen if it exists. There's hundreds of Pokemon. They can take a few slots, considering there's no official limit.

I do. But why ignore the context?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's always enough room for any Gen if it exists. There's hundreds of Pokemon. They can take a few slots, considering there's no official limit.

I do. But why ignore the context?
Hyperfalcon, they aren't putting 10 PKMN in Sm4sh... Lol I can safely say that.

Eh...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the region is what's so nice, make a stage out of it. :troll:

...I still want Sootopolis City so bad. u3u
Or, in Ridley's case, they could actually make a stage out of a character

Ya get it, cause he's so big

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Or, in Ridley's case, they could actually make a stage out of a character

Ya get it, cause he's so big
In Geno's case, they could make nothing at all since no one cares. :troll:

@Asage: Your original post was more in line with HyperFalcon's beliefs. Infinity for Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hyperfalcon, they aren't putting 10 PKMN in Sm4sh... Lol I can safely say that.

Eh...
No... you really can't. Sakurai can do as he pleases, and has not given any official limitation. There were 6 total playable characters in Brawl, and there was going to be 9, or 10, if you could PT himself. Plusle & Minun are two characters in general, with Mewtwo being the 10nth one. So yeah, he could've.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
No... you really can't. Sakurai can do as he pleases, and has not given any official limitation. There were 6 total playable characters in Brawl, and there was going to be 9, or 10, if you could PT himself. Plusle & Minun are two characters in general, with Mewtwo being the 10nth one. So yeah, he could've.
Could've doesn't mean he would've. Just saying... I believe you once said they won't work so hard to make so many characters (I don't remember if it was you, though...)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Pokemon, LoZ, and Mario will get the same number of slots, and I highly doubt it will be more than 6.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Pokemon, LoZ, and Mario will get the same number of slots, and I highly doubt it will be more than 6.
6 slots works out. Replace PT's Pokémon with 3rd Gen, then add 5th Gen and Mewtwo. 6 slots.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I think My Wii U and 3ds Pkmn characters do a good job at variety.
Wii U:
Pikachu
Jiggs
PKMN Trainer Kanto
Mewtwo
Victini

3DS:
Pikachu
Scizor
PKMN Trainer Hoenn
Lucario
Genesect

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Mario and LoZ work fine with only four slots. We'll maybe get Toad, and EVEN MAYBIER get Ghirahim. Dunno why you think they have to have the same number of slots. Though, you also believe in exclusive rosters, so, y'know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How one earth is the 3rd gen relevant anymore?
Actually, there seems to rumors of a 3rd Gen remake coming soon besides Pokemon Gray. If it happens, they'd be relevant. If not, fair enough if they don't get in.

Asage94 said:
Could've doesn't mean he would've. Just saying... I believe you once said they won't work so hard to make so many characters (I don't remember if it was you, though...)
I don't remember saying that. Anyway, actually, all the characters were planned to be in, they just didn't make it. For whatever reason.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Mario and LoZ work fine with only four slots. We'll maybe get Toad, and EVEN MAYBIER get Ghirahim. Dunno why you think they have to have the same number of slots. Though, you also believe in exclusive rosters, so, y'know.
Because they are Nintendo's 3 biggest franchises, they need to be represented equally. Also, give me one reason to get both versions without exclusive characters and I'll start considering making them the same.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, there seems to rumors of a 3rd Gen remake coming soon besides Pokemon Gray. If it happens, they'd be relevant. If not, fair enough if they don't get in.
Unless there has been new news that I haven't heard, all signs point to no 3rd gen remake

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I think My Wii U and 3ds Pkmn characters do a good job at variety.
Wii U:
Pikachu Ok, that's normal...
Jiggs Ok, that's normal...
PKMN Trainer Kanto Eh... Ok.
Mewtwo Y u no submit to Lucario?
Victini Good boy.

3DS:
Pikachu Ok, that's normal...
Scizor ...What?
PKMN Trainer Hoenn Setup PKMN?
Lucario Submit complete.
Genesect Keldeo could beat him to it because of Movie release. But now that we know KI's entrance, Genesect and Keldeo are too late.
Red Ridley approaches...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Unless there has been new news that I haven't heard, all signs point to no 3rd gen remake
There has been a bit of a pattern. Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire-FireRed/LeafGreen-Pearl/Diamond/Platinum-HeartGold/SoulSilver-Black/White/Gray.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There has been a bit of a pattern. Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire-FireRed/LeafGreen-Pearl/Diamond/Platinum-HeartGold/SoulSilver-Black/White/Gray.
Nintendo followed through with the gold and silver remake because of fan support. I haven't seen that kind of support for 3rd gen remake

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Hoenn trainer has Blaziken, Mudkip, Grovyle, Scizor represents 2nd Gen.
Eeh.....People would rather have Deoxys for 3rd gen, and Trainer Typhlosion, Bayleef, and Totodile 2nd Gen.

Nintendo followed through with the gold and silver remake because of fan support. I haven't seen that kind of support for 3rd gen remake
Heh... You have NO idea, do you? The 3rd gen has been asking ever since HG & SS were announced. Perhaps even before that.

EDIT: No, wait. In the D&P times, that's right!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eeh.....People would rather have Deoxys for 3rd gen, and Trainer Typhlosion, Bayleef, and Totodile 2nd Gen.
I'm okay with this. While I loved playing as Pichu, I would prefer someone unique.

Heh... You have NO idea, do you? The 3rd gen has been asking ever since HG & SS were announced. Perhaps even before that.
Damn straight. Before Black/White, it was actually an extremely popular Gen.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I think Deoxys missed the boat. Between Mewtwo support and quick attention spans (newer, popular legends are fresh in peoples mind), I believe that Deoxys has slim chance of entering as a contender.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Before the remake of gold and silver came out, the mere presence of the word pokemon sparked debates of the remake they hoped would happen. I haven't seen anything close to that with ruby/ sapphire.

All I've heard it "Well, it fits Nintendo's pattern"

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Before the remake of gold and silver came out, the mere presence of the word pokemon sparked debates of the remake they hoped would happen. I haven't seen anything close to that with ruby/ sapphire.

All I've heard it "Well, it fits Nintendo's pattern"
Tsk tsk. The 3rd gen had THE best storyline. Nothing more is popular to a PKMN game then Storyline. People want to rexperience that on the 3DS. Everyone wanted G/S Remakes because they were following the order of the series. More people would talk about the 2nd then the 3rd. Now, the 3rd is VERY powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom