• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Everyone want to hear another interesting Zelda tidbit? Apparently Miyamoto said that it might be possible for a Retro Studios collaboration on a future Zelda. It really would not be all that surprising since Monolith Studios helped with development of Skyward Sword. The only reason that would be fascinating is if Nintendo did decide to accelerate the development time for the next Legend of Zelda console title.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I got big news. It looks like an official release date has been given for Kid Icarus Uprising in North America.

This means that development on Smash 4 will be beginning in either January or February.

On the topic of cut Melee characters being brought back, SSBF pretty much got it right. Most of Young Link's fanbase migrated over to Toon Link. If Majora's Mask 3D is the next handheld Zelda, then Young Link has a very good chance at swapping his spot back with Toon Link. As to Pichu, I think a lot of his fans were backing Plusle & Minun. I think Victini has the possibility of being the successor to Pichu in the sense of being a peppy super cute Pokemon.
Now this is what I call big news. I'm glad we know that Kid Icarus has a release date now so I guess we might actually get something at E3 now.

D

Deleted member

It was a year? I was under the impression that it was much sooner than that. Hm, oh well.
From what I heard, most of the roster was decided on July, 2005. I would say most if not all Nintendo newcomers will be decided by late 2012 (although later stuffs can still get in, a la Roy).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Everyone want to hear another interesting Zelda tidbit? Apparently Miyamoto said that it might be possible for a Retro Studios collaboration on a future Zelda. It really would not be all that surprising since Monolith Studios helped with development of Skyward Sword. The only reason that would be fascinating is if Nintendo did decide to accelerate the development time for the next Legend of Zelda console title.

Man, if Zelda starts pumping out faster and with better quality, I think I'd died or lose all my money. Whatever comes first :smirk:

I'll be prepared. You got a light? :awesome:
LOL

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Let me just say that the concept is a very good one, but it's not completely viable in Smash. The reason I say this is because of Smash's control scheme. The current scheme forces the player to switch through multiple forms to get to a specific one. If this game had the MvC3 control scheme (and I think it's a concept that should be explored), it could be doable by separating them on A/X/Y+B or something. The other alternative is to use the taunts like I suggested for Pokemon Trainer. Technically, we don't NEED three taunts available. Just make it like SF4 where you choose your taunt before the match.
You do have a good point there. The Pokemon Trainer sure had it rough in that if you're using Squirtle, you had to use Ivysaur next, followed by Charizard. That's pretty much where my Deoxys transformation order originated from.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
On the topic of cut Melee characters, the only two I can see returning are Mewtwo and Roy. Dr. Mario will probably be an alternate costume, Young Link doesn't compare to Toon Link anymore (unless we see a Majora's Mask 3DS sometime soon... then he MIGHT have a chance), and there is no way Pichu is returning over many other great candidates.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think the Melee cut vets is a dead discussion. Majority of people are going to say Roy and Mewtwo.

....sooooo, in an order of top 5, what do you guys think, which series should a get a new rep. first?
second, why do specials that look similar bother you so much when the effects are different? Ex. Ness&Lucas, SF characters.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Melee returns? Oh, right, I nvr said nething about that (BTW Did neone like my Koopa Set..?):

Dr.Mario: Set as a Costume switch for Mario.
Young Link: Well, if Young Link makes a comeback in anyway, him. Toon Link hasn't shown his ugly face for awhile, so that's fair game :troll:
Pichu: RIP
Roy: I better not touch this one. Idk much about the FE Series... nor do I like it,
Mewtwo: Well, if it was to represent the generation, sure.

@MEchawave:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not in the original one.

Also my fire senses are tingling. Get strapped.

What movie is that??

Also, the Kid Icarus trailer is awesome... All of my money is already gone even before I earned it...

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I think the Melee cut vets is a dead discussion. Majority of people are going to say Roy and Mewtwo.

....sooooo, in an order of top 5, what do you guys think, which series should a get a new rep. first?
second, why do specials that look similar bother you so much when the effects are different? Ex. Ness&Lucas, SF characters.
Here is how I'd prioritize an increase in series representation for each series in SSB4:

[Pokemon Series]
[Random Retro Series] (1-2 characters)
[New Series] (2-3 Characters)
[Donkey Kong Series]
[Metroid Series]
[Fire Emblem Series]
[Super Mario Series]
[F-Zero Series]
[Star Fox Series]
[Third-Party Series]
---------------------------------------
[Kid Icarus Series]
[Legend of Zelda Series]
[Kirby Series]
[Wario Series]
[EarthBound (MOTHER) Series]
[Pikmin Series]
[Yoshi Series]

The line represents the point at which I expect no newcomers. I don't expect any of the series below the line to get any newcomers. The series closer to the line though would be less surprising to me.

Also, way to bring the group discussion in here. :bee:

EDIT: I just looked at my own post count, and I am ashamed...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
To Asage94: Your moveset is not bad, but nothing pops for me. This probably has more to do with my bias against Koopa for a character.

I do not see a creative hook that the character would offer. Nevermind, the secondary argument that Squirtle is similar in body shape, size, speed, power. (That is if Squirtles returns.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Your moveset is not bad, but nothing pops for me. This probably has more to do with my bias against Koopa for a character.

I do not see a creative hook that the character would offer. Nevermind, the secondary argument that Squirtle is similar in body shape, size, speed, power. (That is if Squirtles returns.)
It's a Koopa Troopa. Were you expecting a Golden compass, too? :awesome: Lol jkin

I want a new trainer. Nuff said. Or, actually, none. If there has to be, Typhlosion better be included, ya know?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What movie is that??
The expandables

I'll just put my opinion out there.

1st - Metriod=Ridley
2nd - Donkey Kong=K. Rool
3rd - Sin&Punishment=Saki
4th - Fire Emblem=Idk who, Roy or Chrom
5th - Punch Out=Little Mac

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
No. What a stupid idea that will never happen. Stuff like that should be posted in the MYM thread.
Would you relax we're aware that's never going to happen we were just discussing the idea I don't know what's up you. You were fine over the summer but now it just seems like you just like to rip on others opinions.

As for series that should get a new rep

Donkey Kong
Kid Icarus
F-Zero (i'm kind of borderline with this one F-zero is a dead series so I don't know.)
Fire Emblem(unless Roy returns.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The expandables

Since nobody is responding yet, I'll just put my opinion out there.

1st - Metriod=Ridley
2nd - Donkey Kong=K. Rool
3rd - Sin&Punishment=Saki
4th - Fire Emblem=Idk who, Roy or Chrom
5th - Punch Out=Little Mac
Eh, I really don't know... That's why I no say nething. Victini would be 1st in my book :D

You were fine over the summer but now it just seems like you just like to rip on others opinions.
Does that include *******-sickness? Lol

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
It's a Koopa Troopa. Were you expecting a Golden compass, too? :awesome: Lol jkin

I want a new trainer. Nuff said. Or, actually, none. If there has to be, Typhlosion better be included, ya know?
I want a new Trainer as well. Not sure which generation. If they do bring back the original Trainer, there is something to be said about an opponent trainer (Team Rocket or some variation) with three pokemon with different types.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I want a new Trainer as well. Not sure which generation. If they do bring back the original Trainer, there is something to be said about an opponent trainer (Team Rocket or some variation) with three pokemon with different types.
If you guys could pick ANY Pokemon (except legendaries and really big PKMN), who'd you pair in one trainer? (Max=3) Mine would be:

Raichu
Typhlosion
Zangoose

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I would try to go for pokemon that offer an unique play style. Gengar, as a ghost, comes to mind. A ground pokemon that could utilize a digging mechanic would also be exciting.

Out of your picks, I think Typhlosion is the only one that can offer an engaging play style. Such as a high risk, high reward way of attacking.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I would try to go for pokemon that offer an unique play style. Gengar, as a ghost, comes to mind. A ground pokemon that could utilize a digging mechanic would also be exciting.

Out of your picks, I think Typhlosion is the only one that can offer an engaging play style. Such as a high risk, high reward way of attacking.
...Idk how to respond to the bold, at all ._.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ok, I'll just keep it simple as this thread is always going from Pokemon, to Zelda... Impa, Mewtwo, K.Rool. Best choices for characters imo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zangoose is a warrior that can go on all fours, or just be bipedal. This means that it can take various positions for any form of fighting. Likewise, it has claws, and tons of various move choices. It's one of the easiest to turn into a moveset just based around slashing.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Ok, I'll just keep it simple as this thread is always going from Pokemon, to Zelda... Impa, Mewtwo, K.Rool. Best choices for characters imo.
Anything Impa can do, Sheik can. Would you propose getting rid of the Sheik element in Zelda (which I would not want, because it represents her triforce of wisdom; able to adapt to a situation with speed or power).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since when did Impa EVER become a best choice for Zelda?

Tingle, even, would be a better character

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Zangoose is a warrior that can go on all fours, or just be bipedal. This means that it can take various positions for any form of fighting. Likewise, it has claws, and tons of various move choices. It's one of the easiest to turn into a moveset just based around slashing.
The problem I have with this is simply lack of creativity. Every character should offer something unique. The pokemon franchise alone, as a multitude of moves that can be developed into interesting special moves. Too ignore elemental/poison/ethereal moves for slashing moves makes little sense to me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If you guys could pick ANY Pokemon (except legendaries and really big PKMN), who'd you pair in one trainer? (Max=3) Mine would be:

Raichu
Typhlosion
Zangoose
I'd say pretty much a 3rd Gen Trainer with different dual-type Fighting types.

In this setup(in my opinion), he would have:
1. Blaziken
2. Breloom
3. Medicham

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Impa is a fat and/or old woman in almost all of the games she appears in.

One game in the series makes her young and suddenly she becomes relevant as a character?

We've already got sheik in the past smashes, though I'd imagine a new sheik in this game would have a design similar to Impa

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
JUST BECAUSE LOL. :awesome:

Been through this before, but I see far more potential as a lasting character in Impa than Sheik. I'll leave it up to Zelda Wii U though, whoever re-appears first should get the slot between Sheik and Impa. Preferably, I'd see them both.

Tingle is a whole different story. But he's yet to re-appear since Brawl as well. Wouldn't say that he's likely if he's not getting a decent role soon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah man, Gyrados, Tropius and Heatran.
This is pointless cause we all know it's gonna be starters

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This is my favorite list so far. Scizor is the only one out of the three, that I am wary of becoming too mundane with a moveset of primarily slashes.
I thought it over, and I wanna change my trainer here...

Typhlosion
Linoone (Wtf is wrong with me? I forgot bout my boi Linoone!)
Weavile (Lucario and TMOM was the best movie I've ever watched. Weavile was awesome in it)

@Diddy I started it, sorry ^^ I just wanted to see the responses.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Porygon-Z, Blastoise, Ampharos

Porygon-Z being a mage

Blastoise being a knight

Ampharos being a rouge (Which is ironic because Ampharos has a low speed, especially considering it's an electric type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom