• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I doubt on Dark Samus, but he could get in if Sakurai wants to have last minutes clone.

Also, I think K. Rool would be a starter and Krystal sounds like starting material.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
So for this roster image I'm toying with, I don't have the room for both Toad and Dixie. The only sensible thing to do would be to remove one of these beloved characters completely for reasons that are not at all trivial hush.

SO THEN: TOAD VS DIXIE KONG?! YOU CAN ONLY HAVE ONE.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Thanks for the pokemon input everyone.

I am beginning to wonder if it is possible we may get two Metroid characters and two Donkey Kong characters? It would certainly be interesting.

Ridley = King K. Rool - Villain
Dark Samus = Dixie Kong - Built off existing characters
Meh, I don't see why Dark Samus would have much of a chance. Its a recurring villian, but I feel that the series is ready to move on.

So for this roster image I'm toying with, I don't have the room for both Toad and Dixie. The only sensible thing to do would be to remove one of these beloved characters completely for reasons that are not at all trivial hush.

I wan't Bowser Jr., so I'll say no to Toad and yes to Dixie.

Anyway, I think Dixie would be better off as an unlockable. I'm basing this off of her and K.Rool's appearance in the series; K. Rool came before her (same game as Diddy) so maybe he could be unlockable, OR have them both as hidden fighters.

EDIT: Y'know what? Both being hidden is the best surprise imo. You can have people think "Aww, DK and Diddy are the only ones in..." and then shock them with both K.Rool and Dixie being playable.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

I vote for the shroom man, Toad.

I'm getting TF2 Hopefully in the next two days (I'm downloading it, and it takes SO freaking long)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Everyone suddenly changed their avatar today, and they all fail to Broserker's.

So anyway:

Wasn't sure what to do with green and and the last one, so ORANGE.

I don't think they give her painted nails anymore? That's too bad. Those would look neat with palette swaps.

Incidentally, I hate how Diddy and Dixie have those... Sonic eyes. Just a giant eyeball with two pupils. How unsettling.
Those are really good. I do like the fingernail thing and I hope they bring it back in a Smash game.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481

Toad, especially if you have KKR.

Kantrip

Kantplay

Are Bowser Jr. and K. Rool included?

If so, Dixie Kong for sure.

If K. Rool is included but Mario doesn't have any newcomers, it's a toss-up.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I just realized that after I get Skyward Sword, it will probably be my last video game purchase unless I buy a new game console.

If there is no announcement of a updated 3DS at E3 2012, I might pick up the 3DS.

Overall, I enjoyed the Wii less than the GameCube. However, there were still quite a few great games for it.

If I get the Wii U, it will definitely be the last home console I get.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hm, didn't think I had to say anything about Bowser Jr. BUT I'M PRETTY SURE DIXIE KONG WAS WINNING THAT LITTLE POLL.

Really, it just... lines up so well. Beautiful, really. Maybe you want Ike over Krom, or Victini over Zoroark, BUT IT WOULD STILL LINE UP ALRIGHT. I had Isaac and Saki down there between Little Mac and Snake, but I removed them after a bit of conservatism and doubt. Add them back, or a couple other new series, and it still works! I guess the only thing really questionable is having BOTH Kid Icarus goddesses. I guess you could do something STUPID like cut one of them and add DARK SAMUS.

And on the side you even have Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, AND YOU AWH YEAH.

Man, I love organizing these things.

@SmashChu: 8D

@Iblis: D8 And I even went through the trouble of adding little namey-names. What the hell.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Platform girl.

Personally I would remove one of the Uprising Goddesses as well. Kid Icarus being revived does not make it a three character series, in my eyes.

It's not a Kirby or a Donkey Kong or a Legend of Zelda.

Solution? Add Tingle to LoZ which is in the same row and it still lines up :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Not comfortable with only one new series. Add Isaac back in (sorry, but I consider Mii's as avatars, not as characters).

Think about it. First row: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, and Mii. Some of Nintendo's biggest all-star. It just works.

@xIblisx: Please no. Especially not before Palutena or Medusa.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well technically there are four NEW series, unless you meant modern series. Punch-Out!!, Mega Man, Wii series, and... Takamaru's series (Mysterious Castle?).

I don't think I could even bring myself to TOUCH UP this. Tinkering with such a masterpiece would probably only amount to... defacement.

Oh yeah. Toon Link. Young Link. WHATEVER same thing.

D

Deleted member

Well technically there are four NEW series, unless you meant modern series. Punch-Out!!, Mega Man, Wii series, and... Takamaru's series (Mysterious Castle?).

I don't think I could even bring myself to TOUCH UP this. Tinkering with such a masterpiece would probably only amount to... defacement.

Oh yeah. Toon Link. Young Link. WHATEVER same thing.
I'm talking about modern new series like Punch-Out!! that are published by Nintendo not from Mii's.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Oasis: The roster is fine as it is

Also, as others have mentioned, Magnus is much less important than either of the two goddesses. Heck, there are even OVAs being made surrounding the two.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
So, I got Skyward Sword today. Played through it some and am at the end of the first temple. Liking what I am seeing so far. Although the intro was a little drawn out it was not as boring as Twilight Princess.

I also do not understand the dislike for Dark Samus if she does not interfere with Ridley's inclusion? I would think people would not have a problem with her/it? Huh.

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
I also do not understand the dislike for Dark Samus if she does not interfere with Ridley's inclusion? I would think people would not have a problem with her/it? Huh.
More or less that she's a likely clone and I really would prefer not to have more clones in this game.

Also you did mention earlier on that Metroid Prime 4 could be an E3 2012 announcement. What do you think are the chances of that happening and do you think Dark Samus would return? Perhaps I could be inclined to support her then (if Ridley is revealed as a playable character at E3 2012) since I could see her as more then a Samus clone thanks to what she could do.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
More or less that she's a likely clone and I really would prefer not to have clones in this game.

Also you did mention earlier on that Metroid Prime 4 could be an E3 2012 announcement. What do you think are the chances of that happening and do you think Dark Samus would return? Perhaps I could be inclined to support her then (if Ridley is revealed as a playable character at E3 2012) since I could see her as more then a Samus clone thanks to what she could do.
Even if she turned out to be why is that such a bad thing? Honestly, clones are not as bad as people make them appear. Besides, being based off of another character does not equate to having to use the same moveset.

The Metroid Prime 4 comment of mine was a stab at whatever Retro Studios next project is that they have stated is a title "everyone has been wanting them to do". Even if Dark Samus appeared in a Prime sequel (which is unlikely considering the Phazon arc is complete) it still would not affect her chances either way.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I gotta say, I'm not liking all the Goddess bashing going on. :p

As for Dark Samus, I'm curious, as I haven't played Prime 2 or 3, what can she (I think it's a she) do that Samus can't?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Just wait until the OVAs are released. I think then we will first start to see the Palutena vs. Medusa rivalry.

As to Dark Samus, all I think Metroid ever needed was Samus and Ridley. Characters like Zero Suit Samus and Dark Samus are simply extras. While I think Dark Samus would be the perfect representative for the Prime trilogy, I don't think she is necessary, and that Ridley getting in should be the priority.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

As for Dark Samus, I'm curious, as I haven't played Prime 2 or 3, what can she (I think it's a she) do that Samus can't?
-Create barriers of Phazon
-Create "echos" of herself
-Fire a large beam of Phazon
-Disperse a large blast of Phazon fragments
-Summon large icicles
-Large heat blasts
-Levitate
-Disappear
-Transfom into a massive ball of Phazon and crash into enemy

That is just some of them. I am sure I missed a couple somewhere. She also does have missiles, but you said what she could do versus Samus.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Chrono: Agreed.

It's too early for me to get out the nerd glasses anyway. :awesome:

@Star: Sounds like some really fun boss fights. :cool:

Hopefully when I finish my Metroid "Project" I'll have a bit better understanding of the series.

I'm watching DBZ right now. Vegeta's a jerk. :p

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix said:
Even if she turned out to be why is that such a bad thing? Honestly, clones are not as bad as people make them appear. Besides, being based off of another character does not equate to having to use the same moveset.
To me, we should really only have clones if Sakurai has time leftover and we get a 50+ slot situation. Since that is unlikely, I'd rather have ten unique characters and no clones. Given that we're likely looking at a mid 40s-late 40s roster, I see no real need to add clones to it.

@ChronoBound: Aren't we already starting to see the Kid Icarus rivalry already? And I'm not sure if many people will watch the OVAs since it's going to be on the 3DS.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Vegeta is awesome. You watching DBZ Kai?

@Starphoenix: That, and actually, there's some arguments if Dark Samus is officially male, female, or genderless. Also, I'd vote for him/her/it, or at the very least, the design should be one of Samus' costumes.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If anyone is planning on involving Zoroark on their roster images, here's a 3D mugshot render that can be used. It's from the 2nd PokePark game.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well apparently Ghirahim's perception is not going so badly. Just went to Youtube to find his theme from Skyward Sword and the top most rated comment was "Ghirahim for Super Smash Bros" with one hundred and nineteen likes. As I look elsewhere I am seeing similar comments ("Ghirahim for Super Smash Bros, "He is becoming one of my favorite Nintendo villains"). So even though the game appears to be getting mixed reviews the character is not. I know I am certainly enjoying his change of personality. Who knows... It is humorous either way.

Dislike? Where's that coming from? I was only saying that I don't see the point in adding Dark Samus because it seems to be finished. Its kinda like having Zant playable in SSB4.
Whoa, calm down slick. I was speaking generally when the topic of Dark Samus comes up.

What does everyone want them to do again? I hope its another DKC tbh.
I have no idea what they have in mind. All I have ever heard is Prime 4, which is why I brought it up originally in reference to what SSBF asked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom