• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've heard the reviews are full of double standards in some cases. What may not bat an eye in Call of Duty or Uncharted will be given Hell in Zelda. Then there's people complaining about the controls.

IMO, I can't go back and play the older console Zelda games after this. How they streamlined the item selection and everything else is just amazing. The older games just seem inefficient. Story's great too. Currently, I'm in the fourth dungeon. Backtracking's not that bad as the difficulty of baddies goes up as you go through. Not only that, but the bird statues make it a lot easier. Not as quick as OoT's warping, but you do have more options. The only thing I think could use some work is the harp playing, but I think that's me as I've gotten better with it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Oh yeah someone brought something interesting over at Gamefaqs a few months ago... what do you guys think of a Hotel Dusk rep? I don't think it's a very well known Nintendo game but I heard it was pretty good.
On the topic of surprise misc. charcters, what do you think of the fossil fighter? I think either of those would be great DLC characters, and regular characters in SSB5.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hopefully I will be able to pick up the game tomorrow. Looking forward to it if I am able to land a copy.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I'm not a big Zelda fan at all, I've just never really enjoyed them, except for the Original and Minish Cap.

Do you need Motion Plus to play SS?

It also seems everyone's getting new avatars, I might as well too. :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Motion Plus is required. If you pre-ordered it, you get it free. If not, you'll have to buy it. They're not too pricey.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Motion Plus is required. If you pre-ordered it, you get it free. If not, you'll have to buy it. They're not too pricey.
Yeah, it will be cheaper to just get the add on versus an entirely new Wiimote.

Well me and Augusto's avi changed was planned.

We are just waiting on the others to follow through.
Well I joined in after seeing the off topic thread in the SSB4 group.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: Probably in the other SSB4 group, we're not members yet so it's something we don't know about anyway.

Oh well I was planning on changing mine soon anyway, the Zero MMX joke has run it's course.

Did anyone else see the Sakurai Samurai news?

D

Deleted member

@SSBF: Probably in the other SSB4 group, we're not members yet so it's something we don't know about anyway.

Oh well I was planning on changing mine soon anyway, the Zero MMX joke has run it's course.

Did anyone else see the Sakurai Samurai news?
I did and it looks to be a good game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
EDIT: Never mind

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Oh yeah someone brought something interesting over at Gamefaqs a few months ago... what do you guys think of a Hotel Dusk rep? I don't think it's a very well known Nintendo game but I heard it was pretty good.
I can't think of much from that game. Sorry.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Try-Hyphen: Well, it doesn't mean Takamaru will never get a new game. He still could.

Then again, we still could get a new Quest game, but eh.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oops I miss read the article, it never decomfirmed that it isn't Takamaru, so there's still hope.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Takamaru would be way different than Goroh.

Takamaru, IMO, is more like a ninja than a samurai, with all of his projectiles.

Besides who wouldn't want an epic Samurai fight between the two? :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
To be fair, how often have we seen Goroh fight anyway? That's why I wouldn't say they'd be same or different.

And I would.

Then again, any Samurai would be sweet. Well, except for Samurai Pizza Cats being Anime only.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i have a strong feeling that takamaru's appearance will not be what he looked like in samurai warriors.

i don't particularly like the captain rainbow/sakura samurai look, but we'll probably get that.

of course , i may just have a bias for the Koei design because i freakin love Dynasty Warriors character designs.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Either that or a redesign like Pit.

But I'm still betting on his Samurai Warriors look.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. 4's Top Roster Candidates v2

Super Smash Bros. 4 has been announced and the one thing that pops into almost everyone's head is which character they want to see in SSB4. Another thing that the fans are curious about is who are the most popular roster candidates. This should give a good insight on what the fans want to see and who are the most popular candidates.

In order to participate, post your votes via thread post and I shall go through and tally the numbers. Each day, you are allowed to vote for up to five candidates (only one vote per candidate) until the voting has ended (you are free to vote for a different candidate the next day). Then whoever comes out on the Top 20 will be in a showdown of who is the most wanted in which the Top Five will be declared the "Most Wanted Character" for SSB4. When this come, you only get to pick one candidate.

Rules:
1. Follow the rules of the site. I cannot stress this enough.
2. Respect the choices that others have made. You may not like a character's choices, but you do not have the right to flame what the person choose. They made the choice and it stays.
3. You are free to suggest additions to the roster, but if they have not appeared on a Nintendo console or did not appear in a video game, I will not add them to the list. Note that I will not restart the day just because I add a character.
4. Don't vote a character because you expect them or to troll the roster. Likelihood =/= what you want. Understand that this is purely for what you want to see, not what you think is likely to happen. And if you think trolling the poll is a good idea, not only will your votes be taken away, I will also report you for trolling.
5. Since this place is on GameFAQs, Smashboards, and Youtube, I hold you all to a honor system in which you only vote in one of these places per day to make sure the results are accurate.
6. Only one vote can go to a single candidate in a day. That means you cannot vote x2, x3, x4, or x5 for a candidate, you have to pick someone else for your vote. That said, you do not have to use all five votes, although it is recommended you do.

Failing to comply with the rules will result in losing your votes and the ability to participate in this poll.

[COLLAPSE="FAQs"]How long will this round last?
This will be from December 1st at 6:00 PM CST to December 31th, 2011.

What about for the Top 20?
That will be from January 1st, 2012 to January 31th, 2012.

Will you provide updates as the thread goes on?
Yes and they will be daily.

Where are you hosting this event?
In here, GameFAQs, and Youtube.

Where will they be at?
Smashboards will take place in the upcoming user blog dedicated to it. GameFAQs will have threads dedicated to it, and Youtube will be on the video that starts the contest.

[Collapse="Character pool to pick from"]Super Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Rosalina
Daisy
Dr. Mario
Fawful
Birdo
King Boo
Dimentio
Rawk Hawk

Donkey Kong:
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong
Diddy and Dixie Kong

Yoshi:
Kamek
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi
Shy Guy

Wario:
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Mona
Jimmy T
9-Volt
Kat & Ana

The Legend of Zelda:
Young Link
Majora's Mask Young Link
Ghirahim
Tingle
Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik/Tetra
Vaati
Midna
Zant
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna
Ralph
Impa

Metroid:
Ridley
Dark Samus
Anthony Higgs
Sylux

Kirby:
Bandana Dee/Waddle Dee
Knuckle Joe
Dark Matter
Rick
Prince Fluff
Nightmare
Magolor
Galactia Knights
Whispy Woods

Star Fox:
Krystal
Leon
Slippy

Pokemon:
Zoroark
Victini
Genesect
Meloetta
Keldeo
N
Mewtwo
Meowth
Mew
Pichu
Heracross
Scizor
Celebi
Deoxys
Plusle & Minun
Gardevior
Jirachi
Darkrai
Gallade
Pokemon Ranger
2nd gen Pokemon Trainer
3rd gen Pokemon Trainer
4th gen Pokemon Trainer
5th gen Pokemon Trainer
Mixed-Up Pokemon Trainer (Three Pokemons with one per gen of your choice)

F-zero:
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Jody Summers
Deathborn
Pico
Dr. Steward

Mother:
Masked Man/Claus
Poo
Paula
Jeff
Ninten
Porky
Flint
Kumatora

Fire Emblem:
Roy
Krom
Lyn
Hector
Elliwood
Ephiram
Michaiah
Soren
Black Knight
Sigurd
Celice
Caeda
Leaf
Liz
My Unit

Kid Icarus:
Palutena
Medusa
Magnus

Pikmin:
Louie
The President

New Series:
Little Mac
Isaac
Matthew
Saki Amamiya
Isa Jo
Starfy
Ray
Shulk
Kanan
Elza
Captain Rainbow
Tom Nook
Animal Crosser
K. K. Slider
Mii
Kalas
Alexandra Rovias
Chibi-Robo
Andy
Dillon (previously Jiro)
Jill Dozer
Captain Rainbow
Ende
DeMille

Retro:
Lip
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Duck Hunt Dog
Sheriff
Diskun
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Sukapon
Muddy Mole
Prince of Sable
Bubbles

Third-Party:
Mega Man
Proto Man
Bass
Zero
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Zack & Wiki
Phoenix Wright
Leon Kennedy
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Albert Wesker
Viewtiful Joe
Amaterasu
Geno
Mallow
Neku Sakuraba
Black Mage
White Mage
Lloyd Irving
Cless Alvien
Marina Liteyears
Crono
Magus
Duke Nukem
Slime
Sora
Cloud
Chocobo
Moogle
Professor Layton
Ryu Haybausa
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Dr. Eggman
Grey Fox
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Goemon
Rayman
Travis Touchdown
Pac-Man
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Earthworm Jim
Brian
Nightmare
Ivy Valentine
Banjo-Kazooie
Fulgore[/collapse][/COLLAPSE]Should I make a blog about this beforehand so that people are aware of this before it starts (I'm going to make a Youtube video about it)? And does everything look fine?

D

Deleted member

Blog sounds good. Who's "My Unit"? Or is that for write-in votes?
My Unit is basically the male or female counter partner that you create in FE12 that plays an important role in that game. I don't think he is getting in nor do I want him, but I know a certain someone does.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My Unit is basically the male or female counter partner that you create in FE12 that plays an important role in that game. I don't think he is getting in nor do I want him, but I know a certain someone does.
Ah, gotcha. Might be a similar sense to how Pokemon Trainer is named by his class then. Sweet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Should Sylux be on the list? I thought a lot of people wanted him.
He's the only hunter I've heard of with any fanbase. I think most of the hunters have less popularity in general due to being too similar to Samus.

Clones are not the most popular in Smash, soooo...(that's my personal reason for Ridley over Sylus, even Dark Samus). But eh.

Not sure why he's not.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
before smashboards, i did support sylux... but now... ehh...

also, i drew up a moveset for Dark Samus... she does not play like Samus at all... it's centered on her up B i made for her mostly... i made it cause i've been playing Metroid prime 2... so the moveset is based on her from that game... don't know what she does in prime 3.

oh, and i love variations... i have suggested Donkey Kong and Peach get aerial down B's... but for Dark Samus, i made it where Up B makes every other B move do a variant on the regular B moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I misspoke. I like Dark Samus and Ridley over Sylux because they wouldn't be clones.

Oh, do you mean Down B's in the air? I agree. I think it's silly they don't. DK could have a roll attack, and maybe Peach could adopt the classic Mario Party buttstomp?

I also heard about the new Mario & Sonic game. They announced 20 characters. What I find odd is that Waluigi is playable before Toad.(and so is Bowser Jr.) Makes you wonder if the "deserving" argument really holds much water. No Diddy so far either. Or Rouge.
I also find it weird that Waluigi and Jr. aren't in MK 7.

Wait until someone says that spin offs aren't a factor in inclusions then both points are shut down.

The deserving argument holds no water btw. It's only dependant on Sakurai, nintendo, popularity (A little) and importance to nintendo and to the respective series. Deserving is seriously subjective and I doubt that Sakurai would give a damn about it.

OH and also (If you were wondering), Toad has much more than being "deserving" if you were thinking about..... Ah screw it. Why do I have the feeling that you're trying to shoot down Toad into an unlikely candidate? Just asking falcon ;)

Gameplay topic: Only thing I want are smash specials. Ya know.... Like if you click A + B, Mario will throw out a powerful and bigger fireball or something.

[collapse=Wolf]
Forward B - Ravage

Wolf lunges and rapidly slashes forward. Each slash deals 3% damage making a total of 15% damage. This move has high priority. (Kinda resembles to berserker barrage I guess)

Down B - Claw spin

Wolf does some circular motion slash attack. YA KNOW.....Like MK's nair except he uses his claws. It deals 10% damage. It's great to use in the middle of combos. This can also reflect by the way...

Up B - Rising claw

Wolf rises upward and slashes. It's like Marth's up B except it's safer in the ending lag.[/collapse]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
OH and also (If you were wondering), Toad has much more than being "deserving" if you were thinking about..... Ah screw it. Why do I have the feeling that you're trying to shoot down Toad into an unlikely candidate? Just asking falcon ;)
Hyperfalcon is HyperDisagreeable.

It is equally fun to imagine Dixie Kong's palette swaps as it is Toad's.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
For the sake of FLASHINESS, it'd be neat if he stood still for a moment, you saw a little TWINKLE in his eye like some anime junk, and he kind of APPEARS a certain distance away in whatever direction you had pressed to deliver a BIG SLASH. A lot like Lyn, actually. For an... Up Special I guess.

I'm not really expecting any changes though.

HMM.... Wait.... Does this have some noticeable ending lag?

About the changes, I'm not too but I have fun doing this.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I also heard about the new Mario & Sonic game. They announced 20 characters. What I find odd is that Waluigi is playable before Toad.(and so is Bowser Jr.) Makes you wonder if the "deserving" argument really holds much water. No Diddy so far either. Or Rouge.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that the reason why Toad is not playable in the Mario & Sonic Olympic games is because the developers want to establish him as one of the main hosts alongside Cream the Rabbit. I'm pretty sure that if they wanted him to be playable they would have done that by now anyways. Regardless, Toad had the role as the Party Mode host since the first game (like a tribute to Toad's role in the original Mario Party games).

However, Sega and Nintendo did not forget about Toad as they still allow you to unlock Toad as a costume for your Mii in the London 2012 Olympics.

GASP. That means he's punishabl---- Well... There's always the forward b I guess (Not that it will happen though).

@Zap: Don't worry Zap. There's always MK 7 where Jr. and Waaaaaluigi isn't in (If we go by his logic). And guess what's more liked? Mario Kart or Mario and Sonic?

@HF: OH and one more thing about spin offs, isn't Toad playable in spin offs also :U ? I MEAN... The legit ones mostly? Like MK 7, Sports games and Mario Party (Sort of). This time, don't try using the excuse, "That's not Toad! It's just a colored red/blue/yellow Toad or some other generic Toad" just like how you say that in other Mainstream games like Mario Galaxy, Sunshine and Super Mario Bros (Even Sakurai thinks Toad appeared here..... and nintendo). In fact.... I'm betting everyone has the notion that Toad appeared in every Mario game even without thinking about the whole color thing. LOL. If you're saying Waluigi is more important than Toad then you're practically saying that he's more important than pretty much the cast in the spin offs

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
^Mario Kart by a long shot of course! :D Thanks though Berserker.

Though it doesn't seem that the London M&S got much attention from what I have seen.

Hmm... Seems like the thread became quiet....

Samuel Jackson for Smash 4

New avatar : Toad, The Ace attorney :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom