• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Everyone suddenly changed their avatar today, and they all fail to Broserker's.

So anyway:

Wasn't sure what to do with green and and the last one, so ORANGE.

I don't think they give her painted nails anymore? That's too bad. Those would look neat with palette swaps.

Incidentally, I hate how Diddy and Dixie have those... Sonic eyes. Just a giant eyeball with two pupils. How unsettling.

Oh btw, nice one! You made it in to the Official character discussion :)

Why does the red Dixie remind me of.... Wonder Woman?

Oh and for the lulz, I'm gonna make a 4th wall breaking Ridley avy

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Changes?

How about when you get a FS, you activate it by pressing A+B instead of just Neutral B, that way you'll still have access to your Neutral B.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I also find it weird that Waluigi and Jr. aren't in MK 7.

Wait until someone says that spin offs aren't a factor in inclusions then both points are shut down.

The deserving argument holds no water btw. It's only dependant on Sakurai, nintendo, popularity (A little) and importance to nintendo and to the respective series. Deserving is seriously subjective and I doubt that Sakurai would give a damn about it.

OH and also (If you were wondering), Toad has much more than being "deserving" if you were thinking about..... Ah screw it. Why do I have the feeling that you're trying to shoot down Toad into an unlikely candidate? Just asking falcon ;)
Yeah spin-offs don't really work. A character pretty much has to be in a mainstream title in order to be considered, which is something that Waluigi heavily lacks.

So anyway:

I don't think they give her painted nails anymore? That's too bad. Those would look neat with palette swaps.

Incidentally, I hate how Diddy and Dixie have those... Sonic eyes. Just a giant eyeball with two pupils. How unsettling.
What about that purple recolor that Dixie had in the 2 Player Contest mode of DKC2? There's also the DKC3 variant, but her ponytail is untouched.

yani_

Smash Ace

So anyway:

Winning. She'd definitely need a Tiny costume :awesome:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@Oasis: Nice alts, I think the Diddy one is kinda funny.

And now its time again for my obligatory post, THE:

Pokemon Trainer Idea
What if the Pokemon Trainer didn't have 3 pokemon from one generation? Instead, what if he/she had a lineup that combined generations 2 through 4? Pokemon representation can be brought up to speed if this happens, as opposed to a 3rd Generation in a hypothetical SSB5 and so on. There's many pokemon to choose from in one generation alone, therefore deciding who makes it is anyone's guess, so here are the NUMEROUS options:

2nd Generation
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium

Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion

Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr

3rd Generation
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile

Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken

Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert

4th Generation
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra

Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape

Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon

The pokemon are listed from phases 1 to 3. I've color-coded them to make their type (grass, fire, water) obvious, and I provided images because not everyone (myself included) knows what these pokemon look like.

So, my idea is for the Trainer to have 3 pokemon, but with one belonging to a specific generation, type and phase. The list above features the choices, and only one pokemon can be chosen from each generation, as well as type, and evolution phase. The chosen 3 can't share similarities in phase, type or generation. Here are the features:

-Its meant to replace Red's Pokemon with a new, multi-region/gen set. If MOST (not a vocal minority) are uncomfortable with Red using multi-gens/regions, then perhaps they can create a new Trainer to take his place, like the ones in the series do. This can solve the problem of a trainer that only features 1 gen.
-The PT could have a male and female version, with about 5 alts.
-Only one PT in SSB4
-This is NOT meant to showcase a customizable roster. When you have 27 options, people will not choose the same set.

Here are some of the choices that people have made:

Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken (ToddCam, Sonic Poke, Spydr Enzo)
Treecko, Quilava, Empoleon (BirthNote)
Totodile, Grovyle, Infernape (augustoflores)
Chimchar, Grovyle, Feraligatr (shortiecanbrawl)
Torchic, Croconaw, Torterra (Phostopheles)
Mudkip, Quilava, Torterra (Phostopheles)

*Not everyone who chose a lineup supports the idea.
I think this idea as a whole is an innovative approach to choosing a PT lineup, but I have to admit that some of these candidates can't work for Smash because of...notable concerns. Some are armless, and others are FREAKING MASSIVE (guess who). They can be resized, but anyway, I made many combinations that I haven't listed. My personal choice would be to follow up on Brawl's PT range: fire would have its first phase, water would be in its second, and grass would feature its third phase. The phase layout that I've mentioned is how I would do it--if you want to come up with your own layout or follow Brawl's, go ahead.

So what do you all think? Is it best for the PT to have a strictly 2nd generation lineup, or have a roster that spans these 3 generations? With this, they could possibly get away with featuring all of Pokemon generations; Pika and Jiggs feature the first whereas the Trainer showcases 3 and the 5th generation can showcase Zoroark or Victini or Genesect. Who would you choose as the Pokemon Trainer's fighters?

When picking a set, I avoided the Turtwig line because of how massive it can be. I'm not sure if Turtwig itself could use vines like Bulbasaur or Chikorita, so unless I'm proven wrong, I'm putting the Turtwig line in the armless category. I came up with more sets, like:
Chikorita, Prinplup, Blaziken (just an alteration of that Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken set that seems to be so popular)
Chimchar, Bayleef, Swampert
Piplup, Quilava, Sceptile

As I stated last month, I've decided to make a lineup for some of the pokemon I purposefully neglected. Remember: these are just an example of the wide variety of choices that can come from a multi gen/region PT, not all the pokemon that would be available if such a PT was included:

Chimchar, Marshtomp, Meganium
Cyndaquil, Grovyle, Empoleon

The reason why I limited the evolution stage, type and gen is for the sake of equal representation (in this series' case at least), and because it would seem redundant to have only 1 type being in (like fire), also, 27 pokemon are overwhelming choices imo; there's a lot of room for people to suggest things like Cyndaquil, Treecko and Piplup without any rules. Luckily, Brawl set a precedent by having a limit to the phases and types present, so it gave me an indicator of how to handle this idea. Precedents FTW.

Along with Thino, I feel lonely that I'm one of the few who are brainless about Pokemon.....

Wait... Isn't that a good thing?
Probably.

EDIT: I'm not sure how likely this idea is though. There's things like the start of Smash 4's development and the reveal of a new gen that could completely alter my stance on this idea. It could even cause me to abandon it entirely.

Along with Thino, I feel lonely that I'm one of the few who are brainless about Pokemon.....

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
@Oasis: Nice alts, I think the Diddy one is kinda funny.

And now its time again for my obligatory post, THE:

Pokemon Trainer Idea
What if the Pokemon Trainer didn't have 3 pokemon from one generation? Instead, what if he/she had a lineup that combined generations 2 through 4? Pokemon representation can be brought up to speed if this happens, as opposed to a 3rd Generation in a hypothetical SSB5 and so on. There's many pokemon to choose from in one generation alone, therefore deciding who makes it is anyone's guess, so here are the NUMEROUS options:

2nd Generation
Chikorita
Bayleef
Meganium

Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion

Totodile
Croconaw
Feraligatr

3rd Generation
Treecko
Grovyle
Sceptile

Torchic
Combusken
Blaziken

Mudkip
Marshtomp
Swampert

4th Generation
Turtwig
Grotle
Torterra

Chimchar
Monferno
Infernape

Piplup
Prinplup
Empoleon

The pokemon are listed from phases 1 to 3. I've color-coded them to make their type (grass, fire, water) obvious, and I provided images because not everyone (myself included) knows what these pokemon look like.

So, my idea is for the Trainer to have 3 pokemon, but with one belonging to a specific generation, type and phase. The list above features the choices, and only one pokemon can be chosen from each generation, as well as type, and evolution phase. The chosen 3 can't share similarities in phase, type or generation. Here are the features:

-Its meant to replace Red's Pokemon with a new, multi-region/gen set. If MOST (not a vocal minority) are uncomfortable with Red using multi-gens/regions, then perhaps they can create a new Trainer to take his place, like the ones in the series do. This can solve the problem of a trainer that only features 1 gen.
-The PT could have a male and female version, with about 5 alts.
-Only one PT in SSB4
-This is NOT meant to showcase a customizable roster. When you have 27 options, people will not choose the same set.

Here are some of the choices that people have made:

Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken (ToddCam, Sonic Poke, Spydr Enzo)
Treecko, Quilava, Empoleon (BirthNote)
Totodile, Grovyle, Infernape (augustoflores)
Chimchar, Grovyle, Feraligatr (shortiecanbrawl)
Torchic, Croconaw, Torterra (Phostopheles)
Mudkip, Quilava, Torterra (Phostopheles)

*Not everyone who chose a lineup supports the idea.
I think this idea as a whole is an innovative approach to choosing a PT lineup, but I have to admit that some of these candidates can't work for Smash because of...notable concerns. Some are armless, and others are FREAKING MASSIVE (guess who). They can be resized, but anyway, I made many combinations that I haven't listed. My personal choice would be to follow up on Brawl's PT range: fire would have its first phase, water would be in its second, and grass would feature its third phase. The phase layout that I've mentioned is how I would do it--if you want to come up with your own layout or follow Brawl's, go ahead.

So what do you all think? Is it best for the PT to have a strictly 2nd generation lineup, or have a roster that spans these 3 generations? With this, they could possibly get away with featuring all of Pokemon generations; Pika and Jiggs feature the first whereas the Trainer showcases 3 and the 5th generation can showcase Zoroark or Victini or Genesect. Who would you choose as the Pokemon Trainer's fighters?

When picking a set, I avoided the Turtwig line because of how massive it can be. I'm not sure if Turtwig itself could use vines like Bulbasaur or Chikorita, so unless I'm proven wrong, I'm putting the Turtwig line in the armless category. I came up with more sets, like:
Chikorita, Prinplup, Blaziken (just an alteration of that Piplup, Bayleef, Blaziken set that seems to be so popular)
Chimchar, Bayleef, Swampert
Piplup, Quilava, Sceptile

As I stated last month, I've decided to make a lineup for some of the pokemon I purposefully neglected. Remember: these are just an example of the wide variety of choices that can come from a multi gen/region PT, not all the pokemon that would be available if such a PT was included:

Chimchar, Marshtomp, Meganium
Cyndaquil, Grovyle, Empoleon

The reason why I limited the evolution stage, type and gen is for the sake of equal representation (in this series' case at least), and because it would seem redundant to have only 1 type being in (like fire), also, 27 pokemon are overwhelming choices imo; there's a lot of room for people to suggest things like Cyndaquil, Treecko and Piplup without any rules. Luckily, Brawl set a precedent by having a limit to the phases and types present, so it gave me an indicator of how to handle this idea. Precedents FTW.

Probably.

EDIT: I'm not sure how likely this idea is though. There's things like the start of Smash 4's development and the reveal of a new gen that could completely alter my stance on this idea. It could even cause me to abandon it entirely.
I don't like the idea of getting rid of the current PKMN Trainer. All 9 of the gen 1 starter stages appeared in the top 100 on a popularity poll on IGN. Getting rid of the current Trainer is effectively removing 9 popular pokemon from the roster. If I had to chose one of those, I'd choose Piplup, Bayleef, and Blaziken.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Oasis: Nice alts.

If you can end those dumb debates then sure.

@PT Idea: I personally don't like it, Generation representation doesn't/shouldn't matter at all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There are guidelines to PKMN trainer that I want followed, and so do most people...

1. Let us stay on one PKMN.
2. Stanima. Fix it.
3. Just because (A) can cover (B) doesn't not mean that it covers (C). Have the PKMN just as strong as each other. Like, for example, Charizard, Blastoise, and Venasaur (Or Typhlosion, and we got a deal :awesome:)
4. Stfu PKMN trainer. U sound like a Smoking Ash. Or at least get a better Voice.

^Just a few. I'm sure there's more.

@--- Well, if Reps don't matter with PKMN trainer...
Typhlosion, Grovyle, and Oshawott. FTW

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Asage: I agree with those changes except for 3.

As for Reps with PT, I disagree, except for Ivysaur.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
SSBF, I ****ing love your new avi, dude :love:

Pokemon Trainer talk? Since that's the case, I want a female PT, and who'd be better for that than good ol' Kasumi? ;)

D

Deleted member

@asage94: I like your first and second idea. The third idea I'm uncomfortable with since I'd rather have all three evolution and they should have their own strength. As for the fourth idea, am I the only one to not utterly hate Red's voice?

@Metal Overlord: Thanks. My favorite Dragon Ball character and I like him more then when Goku becomes SUPER ULTRA POWAFUL.

D

Deleted member

Should Sylux be on the list? I thought a lot of people wanted him.
Forgot about him. Added him in.

@BlueStar03: Maybe, but if they do change Pokemon Trainer, I hope it's for the 2nd or 3rd gen. 5th/6th gen will probably get a rep anyway.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@SSBF Dragon Ball avatar? Nice...
I got NEWZ. I'm making awesome Avatars now cause I got GIMP. If anyone needs an Avatar, PM me.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Its interesting that the reception among Zelda fans regarding Skyward Sword seems to be mixed. However, every console Zelda starting with Majora's Mask was met with some sort of backlash by the fans. I am more curious about what the long-term consensus regarding Skyward Sword will be. Still, I think even if it ends up becoming the most beloved Zelda outside of the N64 titles, I think Zelda's current playable character representation is fine.

On the topic of Dixie Kong, I still find it weird that the only appearance that Dixie Kong and K. Rool made since Brawl's release was Mario Super Sluggers. There is also the matter of how in Mario Kart 7, DK's course is heavily based off of Returns.

D

Deleted member

Its interesting that the reception among Zelda fans regarding Skyward Sword seems to be mixed. However, every console Zelda starting with Majora's Mask was met with some sort of backlash by the fans. I am more curious about what the long-term consensus regarding Skyward Sword will be. Still, I think even if it ends up becoming the most beloved Zelda outside of the N64 titles, I think Zelda's current playable character representation is fine.

On the topic of Dixie Kong, I still find it weird that the only appearance that Dixie Kong and K. Rool made since Brawl's release was Mario Super Sluggers. There is also the matter of how in Mario Kart 7, DK's course is heavily based off of Returns.
It probably has to do with Zelda being set to such an extremely high standard due to Ocarina of Time that is near impossible to meet, let alone cross. Fans are wanting another Ocarina of Time-quality game but that is a massive challenge that will be near impossible to meet.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's no such thing as a legit spin-off. They're all legit games. Likewise, Canon doesn't work either. Since the Mario series has no stated official Canon.

Likewise, the point was that I wanted Toad to playable in the Mario & Sonic games.

As well as that "deserving" holds no water anyway. Not our decision.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I remember it was said that K. Rool was, out of Toise's SAMPLING, the most agreed upon character for Sm4sh. I wonder if that at all helps Dixie just by association? I guess Dixie wasn't actually mentioned a whole lot herself? Not that it really matters too terribly much I suppose. I'd imagine she'll still have a lot of Western support. THOUGH, I guess just being on Sakurai's mind for Brawl still helps her the most.

I still don't understand why he would scrap her completely. Just because the tag-team (I assume) thing didn't work out, that shouldn't be a reason to just get rid of the idea of Dixie completely? If originally you were to switch between each Kong, then Dixie should have had a moveset already.

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S: Dixie Kong is also mentioned a decent amount of time for a potential newcomer there. So assuming that K. Rool is revealed at E3 2012/3, there might be a big movement for Dixie Kong to get in similar to that of King Dedede after Meta Knight was confirmed at E3 2006.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'd imagine that if Dixie was in, she would be better REVEAL material than K. Rool. He seems like an unlockable, y'know? But I guess that's all UP IN THE AIR.

yani_

Smash Ace

I only have one true complaint about Skyward Sword.
The fact that your shield breaks. SO ANNOYING.

For MK7, it was Retro who designed the course, that's why it's based off of returns. I hope Retro puts Dixie and the Kremlings to use.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Funny you say that, Oasis, 'cause I feel the exact opposite. I think that both K. Rool and Dixie are perfect starter material
But then Diddy shouldn't be a starter.

If there's four characters for one series, atleast one of them should be hidden.(look at the Mario ones, being Mario, Luigi(Hidden), Peach, and Bowser) Obviously I'm not counting Yoshi or Wario in this, but either way, atleast one's unlockable.

Zelda kind of does it too. Except it has one more hidden character.(3 starters, 2 unlockables)

Personally, I think Falco should no longer be hidden, with Krystal and Wolf hidden. Overall, if a series has atleast 3 characters(and sometimes even two in the case of Mother and Fire Emblem), atleast one of them should be hidden. To say the least, Marth should've been a starter anyway. :p

Please don't say the Kirby series either, since Meta Knight or King Dedede should've been hidden anyway.(instead of Falco)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hmmm. Krystal would totally be a starter. That way you actually have a NEW character to show off from the beginning, instead of someone you already know is in the game.

I bet Tingle/Ghirahim would make good starters. Especially Ghirahim since Ganondorf wasn't in Skyward Sword. It just works.

I guess Captain Falcon would have to be a starter if Goroh was in, huh. Or they could both be starters.

It's kind of funny that a lot of people want most of the new characters to be unlockables. It's like, really? You want to wait until the game is actually released to find out who MOOOST of the new characters are? At least Brawl showed us that showing off the new characters is what Sakurai has in mind. I mean, Brawl only had FIVE new unlockable characters, two of which were third-parties!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There could be a clear parallel between the DK starters in SSBU and the Kirby starters from Brawl. Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede were all starters, so the same could happen to DK this time around, due to the series finally getting three reps. That last tidbit is totally true, by the way.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, IMO K. Rool would be an o.k. starter like Bowser.

But at least we can all agree that K. Rool is the univerally wanted newcomer by both the Japanese and the West.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
COME TO THINK OF IT, K. Rool probably WOULD make a better starter, since Dixie is bound to be similar to Diddy in some aspects. You would also want two monkeys and a crocodile over three monkeys for the sake of variety. Yes, variety is the key to everything.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am beginning to wonder if it is possible we may get two Metroid characters and two Donkey Kong characters? It would certainly be interesting.

Ridley = King K. Rool - Villain
Dark Samus = Dixie Kong - Built off existing characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom