• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Hey Iblis that reminds me, Egg Emperor and The Biolizard are gonna be main bosses in the 3DS version of Generations!

Goes and cries in a corner because I wanted both of those in the HD version instead...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I like how HF focuses solely on that one line I later took out because I knew it was gonna trigger an emotional response.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to start asking people around for their opinion on Ghirahim and if they would support him for SSB4. Hoping to get some results.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I like how HF focuses solely on that one line I later took out because I knew it was gonna trigger an emotional response.
You ain't hooking though :troll:

Hey Iblis that reminds me, Egg Emperor and The Biolizard are gonna be main bosses in the 3DS version of Generations!

Goes and cries in a corner because I wanted both of those in the HD version instead...
THATS BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To **** up things even worse they put Emerald Coast in the 3ds instead of the consoles. I mad now. I very mad. Sega regains spot for best troll once again.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I still think Capcom is still top on that. Sega's a close second though. Someone made a troll tier list earlier now that I think about it.

D

Deleted member

I still think Capcom is still top on that. Sega's a close second though. Someone made a troll tier list earlier now that I think about it.
With it being ever changing. Back in 2008, Nintendo would have won that poll hands down.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, really? So they can't take the Wii away, and check for hacks? Oh, wait, they can. Nice try, though.
They can't check your console without legal permission. On top of that, there is nothing in the law that bans you from modding something you own. I can download Firefox on my computer, even if Microsoft gives me a Internet Explorer saying I can't.

Also, what the hell kind of world do you live in=??? Name one, JUST ONE tournament that Nintendo called the police/government/their people on just to check for hacks=???
Only because their old systems did not have the EULA that the Wii does. The Wii's EULA protects against third-party modifications.
The law of international and national government overrules anything Nintendo bans, PERIOD! Besides, Nintendo never said they banned it, just that it nullified their warranty contract with you.

As for third party modifications, let's see... there's: Third party controllers, SD cards (I have one), controller modifications, software, and hacking devices.
That settlement does not apply to the Wii's EULA.
There probably was a similar lawsuit. Even if it doesn't that doesn't mean anything to me, since I live in America where the lawsuit was settled.
They agreement is to allow you to play their system and games. If you breach it, they have every right to take it away. You're breaking the law. It's not the warranty it breaches, it's the allowing to play the system and games. All hacks are third-party modifications. Which they deem illegal and a breach of the contract. They do not approve of it. Note with Homebrew, they have updates that remove it, which they can do legally. This is the same reason that Datel cannot make a Cheat Device for the Wii. Because they do not approve of it. Every product you use MUST be approved by Nintendo. End of story.
By agreeing to update your console, you allow Nintendo the right to remove any hacking or modding. It also nullifies your warranty contract. Other than that they can't do crap to you. That's why people don't update their Wiis. Besides, who uses the Wiis' internet anyways=???
Brawl has the same gameplay outside of the 2 unlockable Masterpieces. Everyting is the same. The other 2 games are different. Brawl has online and must have consistency. There is no gameplay differences in the competitive scene outside of illegal hacks.
The Wii is region-locked. Therefore, I can't play people in PAL territory or Japan at Brawl. Just people within the NCST territory.
All Cheat Devices are considered illegal no matter what you live when it comes to the Wii. This does not apply to their other systems as of yet.(possibly 3DS too)
Then why do stores like Wal-Mart and Target get away with selling Game Genies, Game Sharks, and Action Replays=??? If it was illegal, Nintendo would have shut their a**es down a long time ago.

It may be illegal in some countries, but in America, it's legal. I dunno what country you live in, but unless there's a law stating it is illegal, it is legal.

Anyways, I gotta go. Can somebody please agree with me during my absence=???

D

Deleted member

Hey Johnknight, thoughts on Ghirahim (if you've played through Skyward Swords)?

Nice to see some support for Ghirahim coming. Hopefully it's big enough so that he gets in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone bought Skyward Sword yet? I haven't because Walmart didn't carry the special edition with the golden controller/

As such, I still have no opinion on Giraham in Smash

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They can't check your console without legal permission. On top of that, there is nothing in the law that bans you from modding something you own. I can download Firefox on my computer, even if Microsoft gives me a Internet Explorer saying I can't.
This would be right if Nintendo didn't already said they could. They have every right to check it because they officially own the data. And they can easily get a warrant from the law officers themself, which if they wish to, they will do so and stop the tourneys.

Also, what the hell kind of world do you live in=??? Name one, JUST ONE tournament that Nintendo called the police/government/their people on just to check for hacks=???
They're prudes about hacks. It doesn't matter what world we live in. Your ideals don't matter. It's the law. You deal with it by not breaking it. Get over it.

The law of international and national government overrules anything Nintendo bans, PERIOD! Besides, Nintendo never said they banned it, just that it nullified their warranty contract with you.
The fact that they can disable your ability to play the Wii is not the warranty itself. You are voiding your allowment in playing the system and games. The Warrant is ALSO included. Read it better.

As for third party modifications, let's see... there's: Third party controllers, SD cards (I have one), controller modifications, software, and hacking devices.
Your last 2 are completely wrong. You can modify 3rd party controllers, because that is not manipulating the system itself. Which you say is fine to do.

There probably was a similar lawsuit. Even if it doesn't that doesn't mean anything to me, since I live in America where the lawsuit was settled.
Incorrect. It is not allowed. Read carefully and correctly. It's illegal.

By agreeing to update your console, you allow Nintendo the right to remove any hacking or modding. It also nullifies your warranty contract. Other than that they can't do crap to you. That's why people don't update their Wiis. Besides, who uses the Wiis' internet anyways=???
It voids your right to play the game and system. You pay to only be allowed to play the system in the game. Do you not understand what you're paying for? They ALWAYS own the content, as does every single company. You own the physical copy, not the content. This is why Emulators are legal, because they do nothing without the content. The roms are not because you are not paying for the literal content of the game.

The Wii is region-locked. Therefore, I can't play people in PAL territory or Japan at Brawl. Just people within the NCST territory.
Only in CERTAIN games. You can play online just fine depending the game. You're region-locked with some online, and from playing games not from your region. This is because you're supposed to pay for stuff only from your own region.

Then why do stores like Wal-Mart and Target get away with selling Game Genies, Game Sharks, and Action Replays=??? If it was illegal, Nintendo would have shut their a**es down a long time ago.
None of that applies for the Wii EULA. That stuff is for other systems, where they DO allow it.

It may be illegal in some countries, but in America, it's legal. I dunno what country you live in, but unless there's a law stating it is illegal, it is legal.
Only if the Company's EULA allows it. If they say no, you are breaking the law. What part of this is soooo hard to understand?

Anyways, I gotta go. Can somebody please agree with me during my absence=???
Anybody who reads it correctly knows what I say is pure fact and not fiction. Once again, it's anti-competitive because you are not playing a standardized game. It also turns hundreds of people off from Brawl, because they can no longer play the game they payed for. Hacked Tourneys are actually not the standard because it took forever to set up a hack that is easy to do. And even the Memory Card means you CAN'T have any stages on, or it freezes. Likewise, all cheat devices are glitchy anyway.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Kuma: Sorry, but I consider Brawl a great game. Don't even try to say a game is crap when it's not. That's purely your opinion, and frankly, I have absolutely no problems with Brawl's main gameplay. The bad decisions are purely single player, and NOT multiplayer, where it really counts. Don't you even dare to try to tell me I'm wrong because I enjoy a game I find perfectly solid. You know what I found ****ty? Sonic Unleashed. Does that mean people shouldn't like it? Hell no.
Brawl is meh. Not BAD, not AMAZING. Somewhere in between. AND DON'T OU EVER TRY TO TELL ME I'M WRONG. GOD BLESS BRAWL.

I'm going to start asking people around for their opinion on Ghirahim and if they would support him for SSB4. Hoping to get some results.
Debbie is cool cool, but I prefer Tingle. Besides, if we're going for one shot characters, Midna or Majora PLEASE.

You know why I like Iblis? Because he can get his point cross without MAKING WALLS OF TEXT.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ghirahim sounds o.k. and I would be o.k. if he got in despite not wanting another Zelda rep, but based on what I've heard about him and have read about the plotline, I don't think he has much of a shot.

Just another one shot character IMO.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd still prefer a character that didn't just get made. Not that he wouldn't be cool, but if he's never going to appear again, I'm not interested in a one-off, honestly. I want someone who'll have more than one appearance. It's why I'd rather have Tingle, Skull Kid, Vaati, etc. They all continue to play a role in the games, regardless of how awesome it is.

One-offs feel like they're shoehorned in and not really important enough. Of course, this is strictly my opinion here. I get that some characters, even one-offs, and pretty damn cool. I won't lie about that. I just feel that they should have a bit of mainstay power first. A one-off character doesn't feel like they're a legacy of some of Nintendo's History.

Keep in mind I would probably want someone well known and popular before a nobody, but yeah.(as in, Tingle over Brian, despite preferring the latter the most)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'd still prefer a character that didn't just get made. Not that he wouldn't be cool, but if he's never going to appear again, I'm not interested in a one-off, honestly. I want someone who'll have more than one appearance. It's why I'd rather have Tingle, Skull Kid, Vaati, etc. They all continue to play a role in the games, regardless of how awesome it is.

One-offs feel like they're shoehorned in and not really important enough. Of course, this is strictly my opinion here. I get that some characters, even one-offs, and pretty damn cool. I won't lie about that. I just feel that they should have a bit of mainstay power first. A one-off character doesn't feel like they're a legacy of some of Nintendo's History.

Keep in mind I would probably want someone well known and popular before a nobody, but yeah.(as in, Tingle over Brian, despite preferring the latter the most)
Hmm... But by that logic, after Tingle, there'd be almost no-one to go to in the zelda series that could be considered an actual character (so not a WTF char), that is, if they end up making more smashes. If they didn't, i suppose that'd work.

Hmm...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm... But by that logic, after Tingle, there'd be almost no-one to go to in the zelda series that could be considered an actual character (so not a WTF char), that is, if they end up making more smashes. If they didn't, i suppose that'd work.

Hmm...
I mentioned every single character that has been in multiple games. Also, regular Ganon(whether swords or trident) is yet another character. Then there's Impa. Or basic guys like Zoras, Gorons, and Deku Scrubs. Even ???(Toilet Hand) is in more games. So are the Darknuts(who'd be pretty sweet). The list of recurring characters is really big, regardless of status or being "main characters".

Also, Tingle would be a more WTF character than Impa or Vaati, two main characters who play major roles throughout the games. I consider Tingle among the secondary, along with Skull Kid.(even though he was technically the main bad guy in Majora's Mask)

Regardless of how you look at it, we have tons of character choices anyway. It's just a matter of what you think is deserving. I prefer recurring characters myself. You don't. I don't find anything wrong with your opinion here either. It's just my preference.

Please don't go over the Ganon VS Ganondorf thing. They'd play differently anyway, even though they MAY be the same person(and that's always been arguable). I don't want to get into that debate, anyway. Only noting the example and what I mean.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Please don't go over the Ganon VS Ganondorf thing. They'd play differently anyway, even though they MAY be the same person(and that's always been arguable). I don't want to get into that debate, anyway. Only noting the example and what I mean.
Bad memories of Ash, red discussion? :laugh:

It's not so much that i don't prefer recurring characters, so much that i was unsure of who to go to next that wasn't a WTF char, although i guess Skull Kid COULD work...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

It's not so much that i don't prefer recurring characters, so much that i was unsure of who to go to next that wasn't a WTF char, although i guess Skull Kid COULD work...
No, because I know it's a really bad topic to go into. Long story short, it's believed that Ganon is a seperate entity from Ganondorf that took control of him.(SS MAY suggest this with that demon guy) I personally believe that.

Anyway, I find Tingle a bit more interesting due to already affecting gameplay in Smash in Melee and Brawl.(His Balloon in Great Bay affects gameplay, and he's an Assist Trophy in Brawl) IMO, I think many AT's have a reasonable chance at playable.

Regardless, Skull Kid would be awesome too. I wouldn't mind if Zelda was revamped and Impa took over Sheik's movset, especially since she probably taught it to Zelda anyway.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah Ghirahim is just what I expected.

The usual one shot villain. I don't even need to play SS.
Why do you boosh Tingle? Makes no sense. Is he likely? No. Is any Zelda rep likely? No. But he IS the best choice from the series.

If any LoZ character deserves a spot, it's him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Shortie those are my thoughts exactly.

What is "boosh"?

Unless you're talking about ghirahim. Tingle is a better choice, even though LoZ is fine as is.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well you grouped Tingle with Chicken Mcnuggets (YUM) and while I agree he isn't likely, I wouldn't say he's A) Impossible B) "Shy Guy" status

Which is what you made him sound like~

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nah I was just listing off characters then and I thought most people were against him.

He is next in line for LoZ in my opinion.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
They could always pull a

"NEWCOMER: Young Link" :troll: and add no new Zelda characters. Scratch that, that's exactly what I think they'll do.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The world would be better... without two Links.

This is good, isn't it?

I know I prefer using Tingle as a placeholder at least when I make roster images. It just LOOKS BETTER than having another Link. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh no doubt in my mind Tingle > Child Link

Young and Toon are balls. They NEVER amount to anything cool. Just like Megaman in crossover fighting games..

I would love to see Tingle, or a Child Link that has NEW B-MOVES. B moves are where it's at. They're a big part of a characters playstyle... right? So even if he had similar slash attacks, new B-Moves would make him pretty different... I would think. Well, maybe JUST in terms of playstyle.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I think Impa has a bigger chance than Tingle.... you know, with her appearing in more games than anyone other than the TriForce characters...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was going to say that perhaps Sheik would be cut in favor of having Impa (who would play exactly the same) as a separate character, but that just seems silly to me. I mean, is Impa really that big of a name? At least Tingle is INFAMOUS. It would also take away from Zelda's little gimmick. Sakurai likes keeping his characters the same.

I'm just sad that a second Link and NO NEW CHARACTER is probably the best bet.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So how do the "intended rules" eliminate these holes? What are the intended rules? Why do you consider them intended when the game allows one of many options to play?

And you never answered my questions from earlier. What are Smash and fighting game logic? What are the differences?
I'll try to get to the other question sometime. I'm a busy man.

Just to answer this one real quick.You can look at this two ways I guess. Either they balanced it for 4vs with items as this is the default of the game and how Smash was made since 1999 or they tried to get a general balance that would hopefully carry over into the other modes. The results are the same. As you change the rules, the game's balance changes.

1v1 is all about attack speed and that's it. Usually it favor characters with long cooldown rather than long warmup. Reason being is you only have one opponent to deal with, so you only have to react to him. If you attack faster and react faster, you wont have much of a problem. This is why Pikachu, Fox and Meta-Knight have been the top tier in the last three games. Speed is top priority. But when you add two more characters (which means you have to react to 3 people and you can't always bet on the fact you can dodge everything) and items (as they punish lighter characters more and can mitigate character's weaknesses), the balance changes. Raw KO power also becomes more important. The stages will also have an effect on how the game flows as well. Basically, the funnel is removed, and a wider variety of characters still do well.

Just another one shot character IMO.
Yeah Ghirahim is just what I expected.

The usual one shot villain. I don't even need to play SS.
Just because they are in only one game doesn't mean they can't be in. Most classic characters and Fire Emblem characters will only be in one game. Heck, Roy was BARELY in two games and only one when Melee came out. Lucas was only in one. Sheik is still only in one. Being in one game doesn't kill their chances. They can get in just like everyone else.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Why do you boosh Tingle? Makes no sense. Is he likely? No. Is any Zelda rep likely? No. But he IS the best choice from the series.

If any LoZ character deserves a spot, it's him.
Make Zelda and Sheik separate. Problem Solved.

Shut up

They could always pull a

"NEWCOMER: Young Link" :troll: and add no new Zelda characters. Scratch that, that's exactly what I think they'll do.
Newcomer: SHEIK! :awesome:

I think Impa has a bigger chance than Tingle.... you know, with her appearing in more games than anyone other than the TriForce characters...
This, unless they just make Zelda and Sheik separate.

I was going to say that perhaps Sheik would be cut in favor of having Impa (who would play exactly the same) as a separate character, but that just seems silly to me. I mean, is Impa really that big of a name?
She obviously is if she is
1)Recurring
2)The start of the Sheikah

So either add her and remove sheik or separate Zelda and Sheik

Just because they are in only one game doesn't mean they can't be in. Most classic characters and Fire Emblem characters will only be in one game. Heck, Roy was BARELY in two games and only one when Melee came out. Lucas was only in one. Sheik is still only in one. Being in one game doesn't kill their chances. They can get in just like everyone else.
This makes a lot of sense.

Iblis likes this post

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I never said that being a one shot has no shot at getting in, I just don't have much hope for Ghirahim because of it, that and other previous Zelda characters like Skull Kid, Wolf Link, Minda, Zant, even Vaati have set major examples of this. So forgive me if I have my doubts.

But I do agree with you Smashchu.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
She obviously is if she is
1)Recurring
2)The start of the Sheikah

So either add her and remove sheik or separate Zelda and Sheik
You don't really have to get into the details when deciding if someone is a big name or not. Don't think a lot of people would really care to play as Impa. Especially when she could just be Sheik. Also it's silly to think separating Sheik from Zelda would actually mean anything to us at all. It's not like Sakurai could pull a fast one over us like that, lol.

Besides, in Smash, Zelda transforms. It's her thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom