• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zelda's thing is the being the only thing close to an actual magic-user as well. Transformations are no longer special anyway. The second Pokemon Trainer did it is the second she lost that half of the uniqueness. Sheik is great and all, but I'd rather play as characters like Impa, who were not only there first, but has actual more importance than a one-off who was simply cool, and not much more.

She was just in one excellent game. Name one Zelda game that still has Sheik outside of fangames. Oh, wait, you can't. Really, the only reason they haven't replaced her is because Sheik is still technically a main character because she's Zelda. Putting in a character who is just as important(if not arguably more) makes more sense to me. To be honest, unless the characters are completely different, I don't like putting in the exact same person overall twice.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You don't really have to get into the details when deciding if someone is a big name or not. Don't think a lot of people would really care to play as Impa. Especially when she could just be Sheik. Also it's silly to think separating Sheik from Zelda would actually mean anything to us at all. It's not like Sakurai could pull a fast one over us like that, lol.

Besides, in Smash, Zelda transforms. It's her thing.
Sheik being separated from Zelda would mean something. I THINK one of the the things they do with Zelda and Sheik is balance them as if they're used in tandem. Of course, that went horribly wrong in Melee (yet horribly right for Sheik). At least this way, they can be treated as individual characters instead of two halves of a whole which would also be further emphasized with their own Down B moves.

Zelda may transform and all, but I don't like the way it's handled in Smash. The time it takes is just impractical in the heat of a fight so you're best off sticking with one or the other for the most part. A Diddy-Dixie duo would be more practical as both characters could be present at the same time and switch seamlessly. Characters in other games with alternating styles and stances switch quickly. Zelda does not.

I'm not quite sure how to change Zelda's transforming without it being awkward. Maybe it's because I'm picturing her doing some insane combos by switching between both forms.

I'm not one to normally say this, but if we see Impa like her SS counterpart in future Zelda games, I think we can say goodbye to Sheik except in the form of an alternate costume as fan service.

And lol at magic using and transforming being considered unique. There's more to Zelda than those two things, and other things can be given to her. Remember her epic mine game in Project M? That alone could easily set her apart from everyone else.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It will probably take months before we fully know the fan consensus regarding Ghirahim.

Also, it seems Impa might become Skyward Sword's Midna, only her main merits being her recentness and taking an existing character's moveset. I can see some people backing this on the grounds of being the best chance for the Zelda series getting five slots. Also, they will use the argument of Impa being the next most re-occurring Zelda character outside of the Triforce 3 next to Tingle. However, can a character who already has been in two Smash games be cut?

Also, there is the point that Sheik in now fresh in the minds of Zelda fans thanks to Ocarina of Time 3D (which is currently still the highest selling game on the 3DS).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sheik being separated from Zelda would mean something. I THINK one of the the things they do with Zelda and Sheik is balance them as if they're used in tandem. Of course, that went horribly wrong in Melee (yet horribly right for Sheik). At least this way, they can be treated as individual characters instead of two halves of a whole which would also be further emphasized with their own Down B moves.
Completely agreed.

Zelda may transform and all, but I don't like the way it's handled in Smash. The time it takes is just impractical in the heat of a fight so you're best off sticking with one or the other for the most part. A Diddy-Dixie duo would be more practical as both characters could be present at the same time and switch seamlessly. Characters in other games with alternating styles and stances switch quickly. Zelda does not.
While I do think it's not the best handling, those are done with pro-programmed combos OR that you use a move to create a new stance. Since she's changing her clothing entirely, it's pretty much a transformation anyway. This takes time whether using magic or not.

I'm not quite sure how to change Zelda's transforming without it being awkward. Maybe it's because I'm picturing her doing some insane combos by switching between both forms.
I'd prefer using a special move or taunt. Insane combos outside of user-created ones are a pipe dream in Smash.

I'm not one to normally say this, but if we see Impa like her SS counterpart in future Zelda games, I think we can say goodbye to Sheik except in the form of an alternate costume as fan service.
Despite loving to play as Sheik in Melee(first main), I have no problem with this whatsoever.

And lol at magic using and transforming being considered unique. There's more to Zelda than those two things, and other things can be given to her. Remember her epic mind game in Project M? That alone could easily set her apart from everyone else.
That's all she really has in the real game. Project M does not count due to not being the official game, nor will it ever be. I can deal with examples from official games to understand, but don't cite something that's pretty much what M.U.G.E.N. is. A fangame with modifications.

@ChronoBound: Yes. Being in more than one game does not guarantee you in a slot. I present MegaMan in the direct Marvel VS Capcom series. He was in exactly 2 games, but doesn't appear in the 3rd. To be honest, I really doubt we'll even get Impa or Sheik, but it's possible. Especially if Impa is still a sheikah.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I personally hope Sheik is not cut, because it would set a very dangerous precedent. Heck, there are still idiots who go around saying Jigglypuff should be cut. Jigglypuff at this point is important to Smash Bros. as series, so the argument that she is no longer important to Pokemon is becoming increasingly redundant.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It will probably take months before we fully know the fan consensus regarding Ghirahim.

Also, it seems Impa might become Skyward Sword's Midna, only her main merits being her recentness and taking an existing character's moveset. I can see some people backing this on the grounds of being the best chance for the Zelda series getting five slots. Also, they will use the argument of Impa being the next most re-occurring Zelda character outside of the Triforce 3 next to Tingle. However, can a character who already has been in two Smash games be cut?

Also, there is the point that Sheik in now fresh in the minds of Zelda fans thanks to Ocarina of Time 3D (which is currently still the highest selling game on the 3DS).
It's quite possible Sheik can be cut. From a character standpoint (not gameplay), Sheik was merely an alter-ego for Zelda so she can travel without being caught by Ganondorf. Therefore, Sheik was never actually a person just like Jem wasn't real but Jerrica was.

This time however, we now have the original Sheikah, Impa, as a genuine possibility thanks to her newest incarnation. You could argue that she was plausible as far back as OoT, but Sheik was a very popular character and still is, partially for being Zelda's answer to Poison (to an extent).

And do we really need to discuss Midna again? One-time characters don't mean anything. We don't even know if a future incarnation of Midna will appear in the future, same with Ghirahim.

While I do think it's not the best handling, those are done with pro-programmed combos OR that you use a move to create a new stance. Since she's changing her clothing entirely, it's pretty much a transformation anyway. This takes time whether using magic or not.
I know it takes time, but I'm saying that it's not practical in a faster paced game like, say, Melee.

I'd prefer using a special move or taunt. Insane combos outside of user-created ones are a pipe dream in Smash.
Only if you go by the current design in Smash. I picture a Smash with traditional combos while being heavy on resets like Street Fighter and MvC2 (not 3 as that game had a buttload of touch of death combos).

That's all she really has in the real game. Project M does not count due to not being the official game, nor will it ever be. I can deal with examples from official games to understand, but don't cite something that's pretty much what M.U.G.E.N. is. A fangame with modifications.
You just hate mods, don't you? Project M does count as it presents what Zelda can be given. It's not an official game, but there's been more than one occasion where a mod change becomes official. Case in point, Counter Strike. I'm not saying Nintendo will adopt Project M, but I'm saying that ideas from mods could show up in future games. Chun-Li got her fireball from SF2 Rainbow Edition (a bootleg) and Dhalsim got his Teleport from that bootleg as well.

@Chrono
I think Jigglypuff is safe from ever being cut. Make whatever argument, but I believe Jiggs will be a staple of the series just like rest of the original twelve. She's made her mark. There's no one you can replace her with, gameplay wise.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I personally hope Sheik is not cut, because it would set a very dangerous precedent. Heck, there are still idiots who go around saying Jigglypuff should be cut. Jigglypuff at this point is important to Smash Bros. as series, so the argument that she is no longer important to Pokemon is becoming increasingly redundant.
Jigglypuff seemed to be added very late into the development and may have not made it into Brawl. I wouldn't really use her as a good example in this case. We do not have concrete proof that she was planned from the start to indefinitely be in. It was probably closer to a status quo than fan demand. Likewise, tons of characters were planned, but never made it in. If you look at the SSE, she, Wolf, and Toon Link has no SSE stuff. Toon Link might've been hard to implement into the story without going for a Time Paradox idea. But the rest? I'm not sure how hard it would've been to have Jigglypuff, say, get interrupted while trying to sing, and go from there. Wolf could've been a villain as is. Toon Link? Uhhhhh...

Overall, I don't think the first 12, and any of the starters from Brawl or Melee are going to be cut. I don't think a true main character(clone or not) will be cut either. I don't think Sheik'll be cut, mind you, but if a new character gets in, it's not beyond bad. Likewise, Jigglypuff is still playable in most of the Pokemon games, while Sheik doesn't appear outside of OOT. I really wouldn't compare them in this case.

KumaOse said:
I know it takes time, but I'm saying that it's not practical in a faster paced game like, say, Melee.
Don't even start on the whole speed thing. It's fine if you think Zelda/Shiek's transformation speed should be faster. I agree with this. Brawl's speed was fine as well.

Only if you go by the current design in Smash. I picture a Smash with traditional combos while being heavy on resets like Street Fighter and MvC2 (not 3 as that game had a buttload of touch of death combos).
I'm picturing the game how it was MEANT to be played, which is without traditional controls. Not its design. And never will be. Go play M.U.G.E.N. if you want that.

You just hate mods, don't you? Project M does count as it presents what Zelda can be given. It's not an official game, but there's been more than one occasion where a mod change becomes official. Case in point, Counter Strike. I'm not saying Nintendo will adopt Project M, but I'm saying that ideas from mods could show up in future games. Chun-Li got her fireball from SF2 Rainbow Edition (a bootleg) and Dhalsim got his Teleport from that bootleg as well.
As long as it's not an official game or approved by Sakurai or Nintendo, the game does not count, and never will. They won't take ideas from fanmade stuff anyway. Want to know why? They'd rather shut it down, as proven in the past.

And that ONLY applies because it isn't Nintendo. Go play M.U.G.E.N. if you want those changes. What I hate is that people even dare to suggest that a mod of a game(that is not allowed to modded legally) is even a legitimate claim to how it should be played. The second you break the rules, your legitimacy is 100% fake.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What I meant by "not meaning anything to us" was that some people act like making Sheik separate would actually count as a fifth character? It's like, it gives us five slots, but SERIOUSLY. Who wasn't counting Sheik as a character anyway. It's not solving any kind of problem. It's like separating Zamus from Samus just so you can say Metroid will get three slots. The analogy also works since it would mean taking away a gimmick. Samus has that Final Smash transformation, and Zelda has Transform.

Sheik is already more popular and well-known even if it's just because of Smash. Her appearance in Brawl pretty much solidifies that she's an established part of Zelda's character. There's really no reason to bring Impa into this.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Brawl's speed was fine as well.
Lol no. The transformation speed was just horrid. There's no reason why it went slower than what it was in Melee.

I'm picturing the game how it was MEANT to be played, which is without traditional controls. Not its design. And never will be. Go play M.U.G.E.N. if you want that.
Intention is irrelevant. Things change over time.

As long as it's not an official game or approved by Sakurai or Nintendo, the game does not count, and never will. They won't take ideas from fanmade stuff anyway. Want to know why? They'd rather shut it down, as proven in the past.
Because that totally explains why every Brawl mod still exists. Otherwise, websites solely for downloading Brawl mods would've been deleted ages ago. Besides, they probably figured that people have to buy the game to play the mods, so why not?

And that ONLY applies because it isn't Nintendo. Go play M.U.G.E.N. if you want those changes. What I hate is that people even dare to suggest that a mod of a game(that is not allowed to modded legally) is even a legitimate claim to how it should be played. The second you break the rules, your legitimacy is 100% fake.
Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

And like I'll be playing Mugen anytime soon.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I meant by "not meaning anything to us" was that some people act like making Sheik separate would actually count as a fifth character? It's like, it gives us five slots, but SERIOUSLY. Who wasn't counting Sheik as a character anyway. It's not solving any kind of problem. It's like separating Zamus from Samus just so you can say Metroid will get three slots. The analogy also works since it would mean taking away a gimmick. Samus has that Final Smash transformation, and Zelda has Transform.

Sheik is already more popular and well-known even if it's just because of Smash. Her appearance in Brawl pretty much solidifies that she's an established part of Zelda's character. There's really no reason to bring Impa into this.
I was JUST thinking about removing shiek and giving Impa her moveset.

But I agree, it's not a very good idea. Impa has never been a terribly popular character anyway

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lol no. The transformation speed was just horrid. There's no reason why it went slower than what it was in Melee.
Game was slower. Sheik and Zelda never worked well as a transformation combination because of how the game works. They're better off seperate.

Intention is irrelevant. Things change over time.
No, it's perfectly relevant. You just can't accept that Brawl wasn't how you pictured it to be.

Because that totally explains why every Brawl mod still exists. Otherwise, websites solely for downloading Brawl mods would've been deleted ages ago. Besides, they probably figured that people have to buy the game to play the mods, so why not?
Nintendo does not think that way. You do realize that trying to stop the Memory Card method is even harder? Oh, and they have. They have created updates that do nothing more than delete Homebrew, even at the cost of screwing up your system. Want to know why they haven't here? Because we have not made it a competitive standard. That's where they'll drawn the line, and the fact that you think doing something illegal is not a problem is actually pretty bad.

Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

And like I'll be playing Mugen anytime soon.
Then don't complain when they won't add fanmade options. Play the game correctly, or don't whine. You can't really have it both ways. No matter what you say, hacking the Wii is entirely illegal, and a mod is never the official game unless the Company adopts it. That's why it worked for Counter-Strike, because they thought they would make more money off of it. It wasn't official till they did. All Brawl Mods are never official, and do not have official status and never will. You're living a pipe dream here.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Stupid arguments are stupid.

@Kuma: You are stupid for fueling this argument, I feel you know that what are saying will just get a reaction out of him
@Hyper: You are stupid for thinking Nintendo would never give fanmade stuff consideration. Heard of Sonic vs. Mario? Wait isn't Sonic in Smash now

Problem solved. Moving on...

@Oasis: I see what you mean. I just rather them be separate or Zelda by herself and then Impa. Sorry if it came arcoss I want Sheik and Impa in the game.

Smash 4 mechanics discussion...GO!

EDIT: Here, let make it clear on where I stand this Legal/Illegal thing. If there is a community so split on what is right, mod or not, that means your product isn't selling well. If people are constantly changing it and pushing to make it official then your product obviously has problems because its fanbase is trying to change it.

A company is horrible if they don't at least take fanmade thoughts into consideration.
A company is horrible if they put out a product that fans don't like.

More later...off to the mall.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Iblis: Sonic VS Mario was not directly fanmade. It even had a commercial before. They were rivals from the start due to sales, not because someone made up matches. Likewise, they're never going to consider a hack anyway, since it's completely against their entire idealogy. It's pretty obvious when they make it their personal business to remove all hacks from the Wii. It'll never happen. Hacks won't become standard.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Stupid arguments are stupid.

@Kuma: You are stupid for fueling this argument, I feel you know that what are saying will just get a reaction out of him
@Hyper: You are stupid for thinking Nintendo would never give fanmade stuff consideration. Heard of Sonic vs. Mario? Wait isn't Sonic in Smash now

Problem solved. Moving on...
Thanks for keeping it real, Iblis.

Let's talk air dashes. I think the idea of it being like BlazBlue where one air dash is worth one jump. Just imagine Jiggs with that kind of option. Wait, I brought this one up before. CURSE YOU CIRCLE!!!

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Metal overlord just made me a happy 3ds owner. =]

@air dashes
The only thing I dont like about that is I feel it unnecessarily boosts everyone's recovery. Unless blast lines in general are brought inward or stages are made wider I think air dashes to a certain degree undermine the strategy of taking advantage of bad recoveries. As far as using it for tactical approaches/follow ups it could work nicely.

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think Air Dashes aren't needed myself. Sounds interesting, but the universal characters options don't need to be ridiculously high. I think they already gave more than enough. I want to win using the individual characteristics a bit more than some universal tech.

L-Cancelling was an option that helped against move lag. Air Dodging was a nice defensive option with a downside(atleast in Melee). Wavedashing was an offensive option, although always was easily abusable for stalling for time. Side Dodging required nice timing, and really helped against spammers. That isn't MK. :p The roll dodge worked fine too. There's also the Dodge 'N Drop as well. We really already have a great amount of techs in the game. L-Cancelling and Wavedashing were changed out for Footstool Jumping, non-Freefall Air Dodge, and that some characters could Glide.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
On the topics of techniques, i think that all characters should have a 6th special move, more powerful than regular specials yet less powerful than the final smash. You would be able to use it after filling a combo gauge.

D

Deleted member

Meh, the 5th special should be A + B.

@---: Tell me about it. It serves no purpose at all other then to troll.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@SSBF: I thought up that idea before Brawl even existed. I also predicted that the Forward B would be made standard(it was one of Master Hand's moves in the first game).

Anyway, A + B would be great. It could be a super move that is once per life. And unlike a lot of Final Smashes, would be, you know, ACCURATE to the character.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Metal overlord just made me a happy 3ds owner. =]

@air dashes
The only thing I dont like about that is I feel it unnecessarily boosts everyone's recovery. Unless blast lines in general are brought inward or stages are made wider I think air dashes to a certain degree undermine the strategy of taking advantage of bad recoveries. As far as using it for tactical approaches/follow ups it could work nicely.

But he said that one air dash= jump. So it takes away the character's air jump.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But he said that one air dash= jump. So it takes away the character's air jump.
...That's just bad, then. All the double jumps are specific to each character. It also ruins their vertical recovery and makes them too similar. Yeah, just a bad idea in general.

It works great for games that don't have a ledge to worry about, but recovery needs to be the key when it comes to jumping, not approach options.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Most of the deaths I've seen from the bottom or side blast lines are the result of horizontal inadaquatecies rather than vertical. With that being said and assuming my choice of brawl vids isn't especially selective I think it's a fair bet to say that an air dash would be more helpful in a lot of cases than a 2nd jump.
Also note that I said "to some degree". For instance someone like peach who has an amazing horizontal recovery wouldn't necessarily need it at all where as someone like link whose 2nd jump is terribad has a lot more to gain. With increased aerial mobility lent to him by the air dash he effectively minimizes one of his greatest weaknesses. In cases like link it sort of disturbs the checks and balances system.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, but then it replaces their entire jump, which is unique for each character.

Techniques should be an add-on, not replacement. That's not a very good evolution at all.

Likewise, many characters have better vertical or horizontal recovery. That's what makes them different and unique. I want less of similar characters, and only ones that does not remove options in any way.

All the other ones did not. And what about characters with multiple jumps? Now they're recovery is super boosted, and they already had great recoveries in general as is.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Most of the deaths I've seen from the bottom or side blast lines are the result of horizontal inadaquatecies rather than vertical. With that being said and assuming my choice of brawl vids isn't especially selective I think it's a fair bet to say that an air dash would be more helpful in a lot of cases than a 2nd jump.
Also note that I said "to some degree". For instance someone like peach who has an amazing horizontal recovery wouldn't necessarily need it at all where as someone like link whose 2nd jump is terribad has a lot more to gain. With increased aerial mobility lent to him by the air dash he effectively minimizes one of his greatest weaknesses. In cases like link it sort of disturbs the checks and balances system.

Peach may have great horiztal recovery but her 2nd jump sucks HARD. Its tied with link's aerial jump if not, then the worst aerial jump in the game.

@hyper falcon If you want them to be different, They could have different air dashes, for example: Maybe link's wouldn't go as far foward but it would go more upward. Maybe Puff's wouldn't go so much upward but foward.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@first 2 paragraphs
Then don't use it.

@rest, I agree.

Im just saying with universal air dashes knocking people away from the stage becomes a less viable option

This was all directed to hyper

@Puff
I don't see how the point about peach's 2nd jump is relevant. Adding a horizontal air dash won't greatly improve her horizontal recovery. A vertical air dash however is a different story entirely.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
@Sorry i rant about peach a lot. I said a vertical air dash because hyper falcon said he wants characters to keep their un-similarness ( i know that's not a word xD). That way characters with great vertical jumps would keep their great vertical jump height when using air dash. I also read your post a bit wrong because i thought you said that link has the worst jump in the game, thats why i mentioned peach's 2nd jump.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This would be right if Nintendo didn't already said they could. They have every right to check it because they officially own the data. And they can easily get a warrant from the law officers themself, which if they wish to, they will do so and stop the tourneys.
I didn't know Nintendo ran a friggen GOVERNMENT! Again, who cares what Nintendo says? All that applies to is your warranty contract with them. NINTENDO ISN'T A GOVERNMENT! Stop being a fanboy who thinks everything Nintendo says IS THE LAW! Once you buy crap, you have legal right to do whatever to that crap that doesn't make anyone a profit for anyone but the company that produced the original product (unless you have legal consent from said company to do so). It doesn't matter if Nintendo says otherwise. That's why Pokémon Online (a MMORPG) is able to run (they get "donations" instead of a "profit). Anything AMERICA says IS LAW overrules anything a corporation like NINTENDO says is law in AMERICA! Nintendo isn't a country.

I'm right, you're wrong. Get over it. I'm a business major, and I had to memorize all of this legal mumbo jumble. Clearly all you're doing is pulling stuff out of Nintendo's web sites' behind. You may be right on a country that isn't America, but I am 100% right on America, and I don't give a crap about the rest of the world's laws.
The fact that they can disable your ability to play the Wii is not the warranty itself. You are voiding your allowment in playing the system and games. The Warrant is ALSO included. Read it better.
The newer updates try to prevent hacking by shutting that part of the console. By law, you agree to every online update the Wii has. If your console is broken or you can't play any games as a result, your warranty doesn't protect you. You don't need the warranty or the Wii's online to play the Wii.
Your last 2 are completely wrong. You can modify 3rd party controllers, because that is not manipulating the system itself. Which you say is fine to do.
It voids your right to play the game and system. You pay to only be allowed to play the system in the game
No, it voids your right to play the game and system WITH AN ONLINE UPDATE. It also voids your right to play the game and system ONLINE! That's it!
None of that applies for the Wii EULA. That stuff is for other systems, where they DO allow it.
Yes it does. NINTENDO'S "rules" that you seem to have had fantasies about and fictionalized DO NOT overrule America's laws in America. America law govern over America, not Nintendo's laws. Stop making stuff up.
Only if the Company's EULA allows it. If they say no, you are breaking the law. What part of this is soooo hard to understand?
Because you are making up a part of the law. I know business and business laws from past experience. Meanwhile, you are using the "Chewbacca" O.J. Simpson argument. Nintendo is legally governing your CONTRACT to the rights to system updates, playing online, and your right to a warranty with Nintendo. Otherwise I am protected by AMERICAN LAW! Last I checked, I PLEDGED ALLEGIANCE, TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA-not the rules of a Nintendo contract that goes again AMERICA'S LAWS!

Again, when the heck has Nintendo tried to shut down a Brawl mod=??? NEVER ON THIS SITE!-because they have no legal right to on a AMERICAN site.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
While I never said that being a one shot has no shot at getting in, I just don't have much hope for Ghirahim because of it, that and other previous Zelda characters like Skull Kid, Wolf Link, Minda, Zant, even Vaati have set major examples of this. So forgive me if I have my doubts.

But I do agree with you Smashchu.
The one thing I'll say about him is that he has more of a role than a lot of the other characters (especially Zant).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey Johnknight, thoughts on Ghirahim (if you've played through Skyward Swords)?
He's the Sheik of men. I'm not sure if he's a male or not. He doesn't interest me enough to warrant being a playable character spot in my eyes, regardless of his role. There are tons of more unique looking characters that should be playable over him. I also felt Midna was more interesting, and if you think about it, she was the co-main character of the game (along with Link).

I haven't gotten my copy of Skyward Sword from Amazon yet (grhh). I can't wait to play that game, but I might wait 3 weeks to play it until my finals are over. That way, I can play it completely school work free.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Incorrect statements.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10021085&postcount=259

Read the entire topic from where I gave you the post. And learn why you are still wrong. It's illegal no matter what, and it avoids your ability to play the game and system, NOT the warranty.

"Your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service are not designed for use with unauthorized software, services, or devices or non-licensed accessories, and you may not use any of these with your Wii Console or the Wii Network Service. Such use may be illegal, voids any warranty, and is a breach of this agreement." Note something here. Not only do they say it would be illegal. But wait, there's more.

"We may take steps to disable or delete any unauthorized software, services or device installed in your Wii Console, for example, by detecting and disabling them through the Wii Network Service and/or game software. If we detect unauthorized software, services, or devices, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or the Wii Console or games may be unplayable." They can shut you down, including making your system completely unplayable.

And they are within their full right to do so. Do you know why the government can't do anything about it? Because Nintendo is not doing anything illegal whatsoever. You signed the contract the second you payed for the system. It's legally binding, and you do not have any right to use any hacks. BTW, the one mistake I made was with Datel's cheat devices. Unlike ours, which specifically change around the inside of the games, and not just add codes, but it manipulates the direct coding of the system. We are actually hacking their coding directly, and changing it directly. Or to put it another way: We are manipulating the programming in a different way from the Game Genie. They simply put in a state that changes it around. We are not doing that whatsoever.

But seriously, read the exact topic I linked to and understand why are out Cheat Devices were never legal in the first place. Datel's(etc.) are because they do not actually use the Wii's programming to do it. Likewise, they have PERMISSION to actually create cheat devices. Understand how it actually works before making up bullcrap statements. Likewise, it's not like we own the data anyway. Just the physical system. Another way to put it is this: The Game Genie does not actually manipulate data. It just adds to it. In order for us to do hacks, we must manipulate the data. That in itself is illegal with the official Nintendo EULA, which is legally binding. Nor can you say "but I didn't know!". That's also covered. Read the topic.

BTW, America's Fair Use does not apply to the actual data being manipulated. They mean that you can play the game as you wish in general, under the condition the Company allows you to do exactly that. Their EULA overrides it completely. Likewise, if you get sued, you will lose, as the EULA is ironclad. Your ignorance is not. Stop being ignorant and follow the rules, or you just may get hurt.

Likewise, they can sue this site any time they want for the hacks. And we'll lose. Do you know why we'll lose? We're breaking the law. This site isn't pure american, either. In fact, that doesn't matter. It's the same as they can shut down YouTube gameplay videos because they were not legally put up. It's considered piracy, even if you recorded it yourself. Once again, they're within their legal rights to do so. You should actually know this if you're such an expert. Instead you are consistently misreading exactly what they said. America's got nothing on Nintendo's legally binding contract.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
How come every time I check on this thread, it's always a snippy ***** fest over something ridiculously trivial? Oh well. I guess it's still better than the endlessly repetitive Pokemon discussions that spring up every other page!

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
^ Without these snippy batch fest smashboards wouldnt exsist.
Not ONCE have i ever seen a civial argument on smashboards.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
"Your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service are not designed for use with unauthorized software, services, or devices or non-licensed accessories, and you may not use any of these with your Wii Console or the Wii Network Service. Such use may be illegal, voids any warranty, and is a breach of this agreement."
Yes, your Wii is not designed for unauthorized Nintendo products. Big WHOOP! Nintendo does not approve of Game Shark, Action Replay, and various other hacking devices, but they cannot ban the sale or use of these. Some hacking devices ARE illegal (as in devices used to spread viruses or hack, much like what happened to the PSN).

The agreement is your agreement right to keep your warranty agreements, get updates, play online, go online with your Wii console, and get new games.

Regardless, this does NOT apply to games. You are allowed to do whatever you want with any physical copy of a game. I can still do whatever the heck I want to my copy of Brawl, as long as it only effects the game.

On top of that, system hacking that doesn't damage other people's consoles or effects online is not enforced. It may be a law, but it is not enforced. It's like laws banning people from going 50 in a 45 mile per hour zone. No one gives a crap because it doesn't hurt anyone (except hopefully a few bikers hogging the middle of the road like idiots).
"We may take steps to disable or delete any unauthorized software, services or device installed in your Wii Console, for example, by detecting and disabling them through the Wii Network Service and/or game software. If we detect unauthorized software, services, or devices, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or the Wii Console or games may be unplayable."
Yes they can delete stuff you put on there, because when you got the system you SIGNED AN AGREEMENT to not do that. Plus they can't shut your system down if you don't go online (who even gets a crap about the Wii's online=??? The Wii's online is practically non-existent), and they also can't get legal rights to search your console otherwise.

This law also does not apply to games or game discs, like the Brawl mods you stupidly called "uncompetitive" because you called them "illegal" even when they are not.

BTW, the one mistake I made was with Datel's cheat devices. Unlike ours, which specifically change around the inside of the games, and not just add codes, but it manipulates the direct coding of the system. We are actually hacking their coding directly, and changing it directly. Or to put it another way: We are manipulating the programming in a different way from the Game Genie. They simply put in a state that changes it around. We are not doing that whatsoever.
Exactly what I've been saying the whole time, but you were saying I was wrong. Game Genie is a hack device that messes with the programming. They allow you to do so for games, and thus you can add it. That also applies to all sounds. Also, hacking to make Luigi into Chuck Norris and to make Battlefield into Hyrule Castle 64 is also legally protected. That's all I've been arguing, hacking into games' memory, not hacking into the actual console. Just hacking into the console's memory of said game.

Although adding music to Wii games that don't have that feature is a gray area to me. You are legally allowed to add music to some games (like Excite Truck), but I'm not sure about Brawl. I would imagine you could by changing Brawl's coding, but I'm not totally sure.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
at least it's not politics.
We're merely debating. At least we all agree on everything on music in smash ever (be able to import any song and play any on disc song on any stage or the main menu).

If any of what I'm writing looks angry, it isn't. It is merely sarcastic... like a fox... :foxmelee:
I'm in a rare (?) sarcastic mood, and I know often here my sarcasm doesn't translate. At least I'm not posting in the hyper sensitive Brawl General Discuss-oh wait! :laugh: :chuckle: :awesome: :cool:

Nah really, you guys don't post like you're pregnant with a full sized Mewtwo in your belly. You guys are way cooler than that. Totally full on double rainbow homo to that. ;) :lick: :embarrass:

@ SSBF and ---
All of anyone's purpose on this thread is to troll... :grin: :oneeye: :reverse:

Edit:
Only 10,880 posts to go until Post 69,000! HYPE!!!

Also, my brother got the 9,0001st comment on that Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody video on youtube. It is still totally tubular bro! LIKE "WOAAAWWWWHHHH!!!!"
*stops talking like a stereotypical surfer*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom