• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
I know this is totally off topic but..... Have you ever turned on the tv with the remote put the remote down in an obvious spot and come back and cant find it again?
I just did so.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If I want music in Smash, I'll just turn the music off and play background music.

Works better than way, and I don't break the law. Easy solution to me. It's not like I can't buy a CD and put it in a boombox. Soooo difficult.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know this is totally off topic but..... Have you ever turned on the tv with the remote put the remote down in an obvious spot and come back and cant find it again?
I just did so.
The average American loses their remote multiple times I week. I know I do. Mayyyybeehhh I shouldn't have 7 or 8 different remote "spots." :laugh:
If I want music in Smash, I'll just turn the music off and play background music.

Works better than way, and I don't break the law. Easy solution to me. It's not like I can't buy a CD and put it in a boombox. Soooo difficult.
It isn't illegal to have music on your Wii, hence how you can have it play on Excite Truck.

It's nicer coming from the TV, though (or at least simpler). What I have done in the past is play music on the same TV input (through my iPod through the cords connected to my TV) as my Wii. That way it comes out smooth. All I got to do is turn off the Brawl in-game music.
This is true.

WE'VE BECOME THE VERY THING WE HATE! :troll:
Who says I became the thing I hated=??? The only thing I hate are you edumacated folks! :awesome:

Edit: 4,700th post... w00t=??? :confused: :grin: :urg: :cool:

D

Deleted member

It looks as alliances are popping up on GameFAQs, most notably the Lucario alliance and also the Hoenn alliance. It's too bad it won't have the organization needed to make the difference, hence why PCAM died.

:phone:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ SSBF
I think a more united Lucario alliance will end up lasting on multiple sites like it did in the pre-Brawl days.

I'm no so sure about a Generation 3 alliance. Even in the pre-Brawl days before Deoxys and Jirachi were Pokéball'd, it was pretty divided and poorly organized.

I was a part of both alliances (to an extent), so I know. I KNOW! :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness: :ness:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@SSBF: I support the Hoenn alliance. I have no problem with an Unova one either. I want one from each.

To be honest, with how big this game could get(they seriously need to do DLC), we could have a lot more slots for characters and not be pressed for space. I wouldn't mind if all returning characters came. I wouldn't mind if we could play as Bosses in Mulitplayer.(Permanent versions of Metal Mario, Giant Donkey Kong, Polygons, Frames, Alloys, both Hands, and the other bosses, boss mode or not).

I think it's fun to play as them. It's more for the fact that Ridley out of anyone was turned into a boss instead of a PC. This kind of sucked for the fans(albeit..., they did make him part of gameplay, but not mulitplayer)

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
@SSBF: I support the Hoenn alliance. I have no problem with an Unova one either. I want one from each.

To be honest, with how big this game could get(they seriously need to do DLC), we could have a lot more slots for characters and not be pressed for space. I wouldn't mind if all returning characters came. I wouldn't mind if we could play as Bosses in Mulitplayer.(Permanent versions of Metal Mario, Giant Donkey Kong, Polygons, Frames, Alloys, both Hands, and the other bosses, boss mode or not).

I think it's fun to play as them. It's more for the fact that Ridley out of anyone was turned into a boss instead of a PC. This kind of sucked for the fans(albeit..., they did make him part of gameplay, but not mulitplayer)
I disagree about the dlc part. The only reason smash4 would need a dlc would be for patches.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I'm not big on alliances, I'd rather call them: We love "X" character fan club. As that's more or less what they really are.

Personally the only ones that I'd ever really get involved with would be ones for Cut characters, KI characters and Caeda.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I disagree about the dlc part. The only reason smash4 would need a dlc would be for patches.
If it's free, it doesn't matter. Likewise, frankly, they won't have enough development time, and once they start getting votes of who people still wanted in, they'll get a chance to work on them.

It's not just patches. It's giving what the fans want and making them happy. I wouldn't care if we had to pay for it either, honestly. There's no way that both Toon Link and Young Link would get in outside of DLC, but if players really want more, they can do that later. It's better than an "ultimate" version, but the fun part is if we had DLC possibly for the Wii and Brawl, they could've finished the Forbidden 7. That's over 40 characters to play as. That would change the metagame, knowing that we can get patches and have more than one playable version too. And it's a little hard to get online, but that's not a big deal either. Everyone's still on the same ground, it's OFFICIAL, and it's great.

Also, actually, people complain more about patches than regular DLC when it comes to competitive gaming. A new character isn't hard to learn. Nerfs are.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
If it's free, it doesn't matter. Likewise, frankly, they won't have enough development time, and once they start getting votes of who people still wanted in, they'll get a chance to work on them.

It's not just patches. It's giving what the fans want and making them happy. I wouldn't care if we had to pay for it either, honestly. There's no way that both Toon Link and Young Link would get in outside of DLC, but if players really want more, they can do that later. It's better than an "ultimate" version, but the fun part is if we had DLC possibly for the Wii and Brawl, they could've finished the Forbidden 7. That's over 40 characters to play as. That would change the metagame, knowing that we can get patches and have more than one playable version too. And it's a little hard to get online, but that's not a big deal either. Everyone's still on the same ground, it's OFFICIAL, and it's great.

Also, actually, people complain more about patches than regular DLC when it comes to competitive gaming. A new character isn't hard to learn. Nerfs are.
It can be hard to learn a new character. It influences a lot of match ups, a new character basiclly could nerf another character, due to the new character may be capable of doing whay they do, but better. The main reason that i disagree about character dlc is putting ridiclous characters in.

I'll explain more later right now i have to eat.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
It can be hard to learn a new character. It influences a lot of match ups, a new character basiclly could nerf another character. The main reason that i disagree about character dlc is putting ridiclous characters in.
But since they're DLC characters, you wouldn't have to download and play as them if you don't like them

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It can be hard to learn a new character. It influences a lot of match ups, a new character basiclly could nerf another character, due to the new character may be capable of doing whay they do, but better. The main reason that i disagree about character dlc is putting ridiclous characters in.
DLC allows the developers to finish the game, and then add ideas they couldn't fit in the game later in order to make a overall better experience.

If anyone competitively was at a (temporary) disadvantage with DLC characters it would be said characters initial users, as they would have no grip on their technical side. Plus really, it is just that: temporary. If a DLC character is totally broken and way better than every other character, just ban them. It is as simple as that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
While I never said that being a one shot has no shot at getting in, I just don't have much hope for Ghirahim because of it, that and other previous Zelda characters like Skull Kid, Wolf Link, Minda, Zant, even Vaati have set major examples of this. So forgive me if I have my doubts.
Does Ghirahim have a bigger role than Midna? She had a pretty big fanbase for a one shot Zelda character. I don't know if Ghirahim will be able to top her in the fanbase department at least.

PCAM died because it was a stupid idea, and everyone slowly realized, the only difference that will be made is in the character poll.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ghirahim can't have a bigger role than Midna, because Midna was the co-star (and title character) of Twilight Princess. Plus part of what Midna had going for was that she teamed the Wolf form of Link (that was pretty popular). :)

Seeing as how Sheik made it after one game just because she was an alternate form of Zelda (and was in the most popular Zelda game, Ocarina of Time), some people thought that something similar could happen with Link. Maybe he could replace his down B. Maybe Wolf Link (and Midna) could be a transformation similar to Samus and Zero Suit Samus.

Others felt that Midna could be a unique long-range attack based character with few physical attacks.

A select few even thought that Midna could be a clone of Zelda, maybe even made at the "last possible minute" like many Melee clones.

Another small amount of the pro-Midna population even felt a magic-based character like Zelda that doesn't totally suck. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I'll explain more later right now i have to eat.
Ridiculous is completely subjective. I have no problem with a big cast. As long as no one character is supremely too powerful, the variation will be great.

And no, a "new" character cannot do that. That's not how it really works. Having a new character in does change the match-ups, but it doesn't really "nerf" them.

A nerf is an actual surgical change to a character by hacking, changing rules, or any form of coding. Showing a new guy might make them look worse, but I think you're using a completely different term here.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm just saying, if Ghirahim can't top Midna in fanbase, or importance in terms of what he was/did in his game then.... why bother with him?

I think Sheik is a special case, BECAUSE she ended up being PART of Zelda. I suppose IF Nintendo truely feels this game is going to be the next BIG Zelda title, like OoT, then MAAAYYBEE he will get in via riding the games coattails.

Unlikely though. I still say the Child Links is probably where our newcomer lies. Then Tingle....

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm just saying, if Ghirahim can't top Midna in fanbase, or importance in terms of what he was/did in his game then.... why bother with him?
Because maybe Sakurai might find him to be a more interesting character, or has some ideas for him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Trust me, the fanbase alone isn't what Sakurai works with. If that were the case, Ridley would be playable, now wouldn't he?

Sakurai goes by his own opinions, but he does take the polls into account. Anyway, the problem with Midna is that she needs to be on Wolf Link. 3 Links is severely pushing it, and Toon Link had more games, and was also easier to program due to Young Link's programming. Likewise, he was added pretty last minute anyway, so it's entirely possible he might not have made it in, same as Jigglypuff and Wolf.

The problem is, nobody knows. But we do know is that Midna was not considered by Sakurai for Brawl indefinitely like the other characters were.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Piggy backing on what Falcon said how else would you explain selections like Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B or even Roy? The truth is their personal opinions play a huge factor in how characters are chosen even with fan demand. To be honest it is not even that bad considering how excellent the rosters have been for each game.

On another note. Crap have you guys SEEN the new Rainbow Road in MK7? That is the most AMAZING track I have ever seen in a Mario Kart. No, a racing game! Wow... I really do need to revise my Rainbow Road stage concept.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No one try and guess anything, because you don't know anything.

END THREAD.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The original Rainbow Road or the new one? I'm getting MK7 anyway. I'm avoiding most gameplay videos outside of watching a playthrough. I'm watching one of SS right now. :grin:

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: SmashChu did comment on Ghirahim having a much bigger role in Skyward Sword then most Zelda characters. So I think he surpass Midna in that.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I have no problem with a big cast. As long as no one character is supremely too powerful, the variation will be great.
Give us great gameplay, unique characters, and balanced character, and this is what everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE!

I think Sheik is a special case, BECAUSE she ended up being PART of Zelda. I suppose IF Nintendo truely feels this game is going to be the next BIG Zelda title, like OoT, then MAAAYYBEE he will get in via riding the games coattails.
Skyward Sword would also probably need to revolutionize the series. Even though there have been many great things in 3D Zelda games, none of the Zelda games since Ocarina of Time have even come close to being as revolutionary as Ocarina of Time.

So I think the Nintendo answer is no. The Sakurai answer in my opinion is most likely no, but you never know. Sheik was kind of random. Although you never know.

Still, we may have a new console Zelda game (in the making, or even released) by the time we get Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U.
...Trust me, the fanbase alone isn't what Sakurai works with. If that were the case, Ridley would be playable, now wouldn't he?
Ridley doesn't appeal to many non-Metroid fans, sadly. Ridley's Metroid fan base is pretty large though, and many smash bros. fans love him as a character and potential smash bros. newcomer. He could be like the next smash bros.' Captain Falcon; super popular, and super awesome!

Another reason Ridley didn't make it is that bigger characters (Diddy Kong, Wario, Sonic) veterans (the 22 returning from Melee), newer characters (Ike, Captain Olimar, Lucas), and retro characters (Pit, ROB, and I guess the Pokémon Trainer too) made it in over Ridley.

Plus Sakurai initially considered Ridley an Assist Trophy character. Sakurai probably realized Ridley's popularity amongst smash bros fans, and then realized he had a lack of SSE bosses. So, Sakurai made Ridley into (two) bosses. In my opinion were two of the best boss battles in the game.

Still, y'all know I love Ridley like no other, we have to see it from Sakurai's point of view. Hopefully Sakurai and the Smash Bros. development team realize Ridley could be a great character, and adds him! To heck with the rest, GIVE ME RIDLEY, OR GIVE ME DEATH!!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
No one try and guess anything, because you don't know anything.

END THREAD.
I know what Sakurai has states, and that is my source of reasoning. Not saying anything beyond that.

The original Rainbow Road or the new one? I'm getting MK7 anyway. I'm avoiding most gameplay videos outside of watching a playthrough. I'm watching one of SS right now. :grin:
The new Rainbow Road for Mario Kart 7, not the SNES one. If you or anyone else are not afraid of spoilers you can watch it at the link below.

http://youtu.be/H_JA1jb-aXo?t=8m17s

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Starphoenix: That's considered spoilers for me. It shows it before I see it by playing the game.

@Shortie: Any character found in the data was planned. Any character not we don't know. Midna was not indefinitely planned. I did not say she might have not been considered, but we cannot say she was planned at all.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Shortiecanbrawl: SmashChu did comment on Ghirahim having a much bigger role in Skyward Sword then most Zelda characters. So I think he surpass Midna in that.
Midna was the Title Character in Twilight Princess, and was the co-main character with Link. Unless Ghirahim is in every scene talking (often for Link), fights alongside or against Link in every battle, is playable for a good portion of the game, or becomes more than a one-hit wonder like Midna and many others, Ghirahim will most likely not be playable in a smash bros game.

Skyward Sword spoilers below:
That is considering the fact that Ghirahim is just like Zant; he seems like the main character, but isn't. Given that, I think he will be lucky to be an Assist Trophy character.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah, I don't see how that's possible though. He isn't the main villain is he? He's a Zant/Vaati right? I just don't see much cred behind him.

Sakurai goes by his own opinions, but he does take the polls into account. Anyway, the problem with Midna is that she needs to be on Wolf Link. 3 Links is severely pushing it, and Toon Link had more games, and was also easier to program due to Young Link's programming. Likewise, he was added pretty last minute anyway, so it's entirely possible he might not have made it in, same as Jigglypuff and Wolf.
Sakurai may love the idea of three Links. He's made three Foxes, why not three links? Maybe Sakurai wanted Midna to be alone? Maybe she almost made the cut, you don't know anything about Sakurai. No one does.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai may love the idea of three Links. He's made three Foxes, why not three links? Maybe Sakurai wanted Midna to be alone? Maybe she almost made the cut, you don't know anything about Sakurai. No one does.
Why does this always seem to be a default statement for people who do not want to accept what others are saying?

Midna was the Title Character in Twilight Princess, and was the co-main character with Link. Unless Ghirahim is in every scene talking (often for Link), fights alongside or against Link in every battle, is playable for a good portion of the game, or becomes more than a one-hit wonder like Midna and many others, Ghirahim will most likely not be playable in a smash bros game.

Skyward Sword spoilers below:
That is considering the fact that Ghirahim is just like Zant; he seems like the main character, but isn't. Given that, I think he will be lucky to be an Assist Trophy character.
You do realize that is a load of kroc right? Final Fantasy is filled with villains that would be considered one shot. Some of them are not even the "real" final boss yet it does not stop them from being prominent or appearing in crossover games. While the circumstances may be a little different the point remains the same.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why does this always seem to be a default statement for people who do not want to accept what others are saying?
STAR, you do realize, that that is just what you and Hyper JUST said right?

I know what Sakurai has states, and that is my source of reasoning. Not saying anything beyond that.
Oh please. I said that this character may not be as popular as its predeccors, or as important, AND none of the one shot characters before him have ever made it into Smash. Therefore I doubt his inclusion, and you just said "Well, you're not Sakurai"

Which pretty much means, you don't know anything. So no, you did say things beyond that.

R.O.B, and G&W all had good cred to begin with, and Roy was added as a late minute addition, he has an excuse.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Yeah, I don't see how that's possible though. He isn't the main villain is he? He's a Zant/Vaati right? I just don't see much cred behind him.
Not really. Ghirahim's role in Skyward Sword is bigger then that of Zant's in Twilight Princess. There are three major battles you have with Ghirahim in Skyward Swords. There is also that Zant was upsurp by Ganondorf in Twilight Princess for the final battle whereas Ghirahim is reviving his master in Skyward Swords and that Shigeru Miyamoto wants Ghirahim to be "remembered". Nintendo has also gone on the record to say this is the greatest Zelda game yet, so they are very confident in the product.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That'd be great, Shortie... if he made three Foxes. Clones =/= Same characters. Do you know what you just sounded like?

There have been a total of three Links, but only two at a time in full gameplay so far.

That, and we already got a TP version of Link. Young Link in Melee used the Fire Arrows, which he can only use in MM's. I'd say OOT Link and MM Young Link were the ones in Melee. Either way, 3 Links in one game is pushing it. Not because they're clones, but because they're all LINK.(even if it's a different person and different character, they're an alternate interpretation of them)

There were two Marios in Melee, yes. But there weren't two Foxes, weren't Pikachus, weren't two Marths, weren't two Falcon's, and were two Links. It ain't the clone, it's being often considered the same character and person(even if they're not canonically outside of Melee).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh please. I said that this character may not be as popular as its predecessors, or as important, AND none of the one shot characters before him have ever made it into Smash. Therefore I doubt his inclusion, and you just said "Well, you're not Sakurai"

Which pretty much means, you don't know anything. So no, you did say things beyond that.

R.O.B, and G&W all had good cred to begin with, and Roy was added as a late minute addition, he has an excuse.
This is what you said.

That is the quote I responded to. I extrapolated the sentence fragment at the end and had responded to that by presenting a very bare example to demonstrate a greater point. That being Sakurai's own opinions and ideas involving characters. I do not feel the need to show you the link as I know you have undoubtedly seen it before.

As for the three listed you miss the point again (and the tie into my original point). Very few people were asking for R.O.B and Mr. Game and Watch, and maybe even Ice Climbers to a degree. Those characters were the result of Sakurai's own discretion. The same thing with Roy but to a greater degree as his game was not even released BEFORE he decided to include him into the game. Sakurai has made many a decisions based upon his own criteria, and is why Smash Bros is unique and successful as a series.

ParaChomp

Smash Cadet
Not really. Ghirahim's role in Skyward Sword is bigger then that of Zant's in Twilight Princess. There are three major battles you have with Ghirahim in Skyward Swords. There is also that Zant was upsurp by Ganondorf in Twilight Princess for the final battle whereas Ghirahim is reviving his master in Skyward Swords and that Shigeru Miyamoto wants Ghirahim to be "remembered". Nintendo has also gone on the record to say this is the greatest Zelda game yet, so they are very confident in the product.
DUDE, USE SPOILER TAGS!!

I just pray that the character customization isn't overpowered, there's an exceptionally balanced roster, and that Meta Knight isn't Uber nor is any other character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Roy has an excuse? This was his GAME DEBUT.

I may not like one-shots, but it doesn't mean they are not fair choices either. I never once said that nobody should consider it or that it's a stupid choice either.

I just prefer recurring characters. Also, Girahaim would be getting in the same way as Lucario. A one-off as well. Lucario was only in the Anime/Movie, and technically three games, even though they're meant to count as ONE game overall. That's how the Pokemon main series works. Atleast till Black and White.

In fact, Girahaim, if actually more interesting than Zant, has a fair chance of getting if Sakurai considers him important enough.

To be honest, being a "one-off" is not a reason to be discluded. It's just my preference, not fact. If Sakurai feels that way, he'll be in. Don't state your opinions as facts or attempt so say what Sakurai would think.

You mean "Why would I bother with him?". Fanbase ain't the ONLY possible reason, as I said before. It's simply Sakurai's opinion and if he can actually get the rights when it comes to Third Parties. Other than that, it's if he can get the character(s) to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom