• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Anyways let me propose a little game to the Super Smash Bros 4 thread. Let us pretend that Sakurai is holding a poll similar to the one for Brawl, and all of us Westerners have the opportunity to participate and vote. Just as with Brawl you have one of three categories you can select to cast a vote in; characters, stages and music. If all of you had the opportunity to cast one vote what category would you select and what would your vote be? If you want to you can explain the reasoning behind why you would vote for that particular thing. Feel free to elaborate.

Music:
Pokémon Trading Card Game Battle Music. This is a song that I have enjoyed ever since I was a little child. It holds a lot of memories for me and I would love nothing more than to be able to listen to this song in the next Smash Brothers! This under rated track would be wonderful on a new Pokémon stage!
So one vote for each category? Alright:

Character: Ridley - Just to add to Ridley support as much as possible. He's not my #1 choice, but he's definitely a favorite for me and could use all the support possible.

Stage: Wario Land stage, probably Kitchen Island - Because Wario Land, IMO, deserves recognition as a stage with music.

Music: Minor Circuit (Punch-Out! Wii) - Too much good music for one vote to be enough. But this song just pumps me up for battle.

I know it's only one vote for music, but these are some of the other songs I considered:

F-Zero GX - Black Shadow
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - National Park
Wario Land 2 - Stop that Train! or Underwater Tunnels
Metroid Prime - Tallon Overworld Depths or Essence of Metroid Prime Battle
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Factory Friction (The original DKC version of this song works just as well too)
Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins - Overworld Theme #1

I'm probably missing on much more. TOO MUCH GOOD MUSIC TO CHOOSE FROM. But those are probably my favorite choices for SSB4.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I was flaming? If so, I apologize.
No no, I'm not saying YOU were flaming at all. Most arguments here(at least the ones I see/am in) just end in flame wars. Also, Shortie was flaming. But not you. You were not.

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
JavaCroc, suppose you were given the CHOICE of WHAT Wario series gets to represent a level, and which gets to be represented as a character. Which would you place where?

Personally, I like WarioLand more than WarioWare, all the way around... but I think the TYPE of stage I like would more likely come from a WL stage. WW gives too much room for gimmicks. Plus, I like Ashley, and Mona is okay, I guess.. I just think all three Wario girls would make decent characters, but WarioLand would make a MUCH BETTER level. So, why take the risk when we could potentially have a cool level, and cool character.

Anyone here a WW fan? (lol) How important is Ashley and Mona?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I don't know how important Ashley and Mona are, but I am a Warioware fan. I just play the microgames, though. I try to tune out any potential story. Lol :awesome:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Poppybro: Flame wars? Ignore them and go do something else. I've been doing that ;)

News: Ditto is the 2nd most wanted PKMN for the DW event soon to happen, who's next to Arceus, being 1st.

With that, I'm off to sleep.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
maybe you shouldn't have used bowser as a comparisson tool in any way, shape, or form. also, Godzilla... may i call you godzilla? Reptar, Toad... just because toad was considered the protagonist in the game we know as wario's woods does not make it any more significant that he is playable in "his own game" as Dr. Mario is with "Dr. Mario". It's a Tetris based puzzle game with a basic meaningless plot to give some form of depth. but thats just my view on puzzle games... and like a hypocrite, i support Lip of whom i believe would be neat to have utilizing her tetris based gameplay and that lip stick thing.

@StarPhoenix... why Goku, why? Pourquoi? なぜですか?(doush ite?)
anyways...
Character: Saki Amamiya
Stage: Bowser's Castle
Music: Fire Emblem (melee) remastered and re orchestrated

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
So we are having a poll now are we? Ok, here are my choices :p :

Character: Toad - I prefer to see Toad in SSB4. He (in my eyes) is the most deserving out of the potential Mario reps, and I think it is about time he gets in.

Stage: Castelia City from Pokemon Black and White - I see this as some form of reincarnation of Saffron City from SSB64 (just with more things going on).

Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMeYLw3coGA&feature=related (A Wario's Woods song :awesome: [this game deserves more love])

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm not really sure one could say any WarioWare character is more important than the other, aside from Wario of course. They're just a face representing a different category of microgames? Any actual story in the games could probably be told in one sentence. I thiiink Mona, Jimmy T., 9-Volt, Kat and Ana are the only ones to have "major roles" in each game.

...I've only played Touched! and Smooth Moves though. :awesome:

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
JavaCroc, suppose you were given the CHOICE of WHAT Wario series gets to represent a level, and which gets to be represented as a character. Which would you place where?

Personally, I like WarioLand more than WarioWare, all the way around... but I think the TYPE of stage I like would more likely come from a WL stage. WW gives too much room for gimmicks. Plus, I like Ashley, and Mona is okay, I guess.. I just think all three Wario girls would make decent characters, but WarioLand would make a MUCH BETTER level. So, why take the risk when we could potentially have a cool level, and cool character.

You mean one character and one series? In that situation, I would keep Wario his his WarioWare Brawl moveset but give him Kitchen Island from Wario Land as an unlockable stage. One character and one stage from each or one franchise is not my ideal situation, but that's how I'd handle it.

My perfect situation for representing the Wario series would be:

Character: Wario (WarioWare moveset)
Stages: WarioWare Inc. 2, Kitchen Island
Assist Trophies: Kat & Ana, Captain Syrup
Assorted trophies, stickers, and music from both Wario franchises

Of course I could add Syrup or a WarioWare character in too, but they'd only be icing on the cake. All I want for Wario Land is a stage and music. I don't THINK that's asking too much. :p

In regards to Ashley and Mona, they're both just microgame makers and basically sidekicks of the same importance to Wario as each other. But it is hinted in the WarioWare games that Mona is Wario's best microgame maker, and Mona (oddly) has a crush on Wario. So Mona could be taken as more important than Ashley story-wise (although WarioWare is not really a series where story should be taken seriously :laugh:).

I play both WarioWare and Wario Land.

@Java finally some SML2 love! I love the music in that game
SML2 was my first video game, so I have great nostalgia for it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
DHD FOR SMASH... as an assist trophy. :troll:

Also, I thought of another song for Smash I want. Ogura's Theme from Starfy 3.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I knew my question was weirdly worded, but you half answered it already~

You have a Warioware Key, and a Warioland Key.

You have two boxes in front of you. One says New Stage, and one says New Character.

Which key are you going to unlock each box with?

Did I make it more confusing OR WHAT?:troll:

Also, so Mona IS more important, but... in minor/unimportant ways? So it's not like I'm sitting here saying "Let's add Shy guy over Bowser!"?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh, well I was mistaken. But bowser was not the main character of the paper mario games or BIS. Mario and sometimes luigi were.
...Mario and Luigi might be co-starred, but they aren't the only main characters in BOWSER'S Inside Story. It's pretty much his main game. They're the supporting players in it. The entire game is literally based around him, with those guys helping out.

I've played the game, I would know.

Anyway, that was his breakout game, with Luigi's Mansion(unless you count Mario is Missing) as Luigi's, and Super Princess Peach for the obvious. Wario's Woods is Toad's, and Wario Land 1 is Wario's, with Yoshi as Yoshi's Island.

They all had their main games.

-------------

Moving on, I want more retro characters.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
y'know what? i kinda want a more metal version to together we ride... fast pased like the Devil May Cry music sans voice.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I knew my question was weirdly worded, but you half answered it already~

You have a Warioware Key, and a Warioland Key.

You have two boxes in front of you. One says New Stage, and one says New Character.

Which key are you going to unlock each box with?

Did I make it more confusing OR WHAT?:troll:

Also, so Mona IS more important, but... in minor/unimportant ways? So it's not like I'm sitting here saying "Let's add Shy guy over Bowser!"?
Ah, in that case: open New Stage box and New Character box with Wario Land key for Kitchen Island and Captain Syrup.

Honestly, though, I wouldn't mind giving the keys to a stranger to decide when I open the New Character Box, since Ashley and Orbulon are pretty cool characters too.

Yes, technically Mona is more important. Actually, I had forgot this before, but Ashley only started appearing in WarioWare when Touched! came out. Mona's been around since the start. So Mona's got the "longtime veteran" status to support her.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What is Mona's attitude/style/persona like? Is it as prominent as Ashley's? I like the whole "mean witch girl" thing she has going on.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
They should make the super sudden death bomb drop an option for special brawl or a whole minigame in itself.

Minigame: BOMB DROP! (Score is how long you survive the barrage) The bombs will fall over ledges too so ledge campers can't break the game.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
What is Mona's attitude/style/persona like? Is it as prominent as Ashley's? I like the whole "mean witch girl" thing she has going on.
Mona's the daughter of an artist and a supermodel, so I guess she's got those characteristics going for her.

She's depicted switching between such jobs as cheerleader, restaurant worker (including an ice cream place and a pizza shop), and member of the "Mona and the Hot Slices" band. She uses stuff like electric scooters, electric bass, and pizza. So pretty much her persona is that of a typical high school teenage girl.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Does Mona pose any threat of being a Wario2.0? By this, I mean... is there anything IN GAME, that would somehow give Sakurai that impression?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If a WarioWare character even had a shot to begin with, I think Mona would probably be the worst choice (out of the plausible choices).

Tough.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They should make the super sudden death bomb drop an option for special brawl or a whole minigame in itself.

Minigame: BOMB DROP! (Score is how long you survive the barrage) The bombs will fall over ledges too so ledge campers can't break the game.
I'm up for it.

I want the options like they were in Melee. It was kind of neat overall.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think WarioWare has a decent shot. It's no Pokemon, but I think if you're going to "Shoe-in" KI, WW needs to be AT LEAST taken into consideration.

Kuma will love this, but I almost see Warioware like Darkstalkers. It's got a lot of wacky female characters to draw from (like Darkstaalkers to the vs games).
He isn't the only one. I'm in love with DarkStalkers.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Looking though the Wiki. Looks like Mona has a lot of roles, even as a instructor when you start.

Kuma will love this, but I almost see Warioware like Darkstalkers. It's got a lot of wacky female characters to draw from (like Darkstaalkers to the vs games).

D

Deleted member

For WarioWare characters, they go like this in terms of personal preference:

Orbulon > 9-Volt >> Ashley > Mona > Everyone Else

Really, the only one I actually want is Orbulon, although I'm also okay with 9-Volt (I also want Captain Syrup as well).

Speaking of Wario rep, I've noticed a lot of support for Captain Syrup on GameFAQs. On the popularity poll, it got about 66% and it's doing decently on Create the SSB4 Roster on GameFAQs as well (currently standing at 68.42% as we speak, but it will change as it is still ongoing).

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Sup guys! I'm only here pretty much for this post (i have to leave in 4 min) but i just thought i'd drop in and say hi ^^

Warioware hmm? I haven't played a lot of wario actually so i can't really say i'd know many from the franchise, but i suppose they could work, if done correctly. :)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I'm up for it.

I want the options like they were in Melee. It was kind of neat overall.
I can see some funny videos coming out of that if it were made a minigame. Also i can see some insane SDI and the such. Actually maybe it could be used a source to practice...

Hmmm I actually made an idea that appeals to both groups of the gaming spectrum?

If a WarioWare character even had a shot to begin with, I think Mona would probably be the worst choice (out of the plausible choices).

Tough.
Does she smell?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Ashley could probably be the easiest to work with as a fighter in Smash Bros. The moveset really writes itself. Mona would be interesting, but I am not a particular fan.

A Warioware character would be great just for the absurdity alone. Although I am fond of Orbulon as some might already know.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally, there's a ton of choices from Wario's series in general.

Mona, Kat and Ana, Ashley, Captain Syrup, well, the ones I think are the best choices, imo.

@Iblis: Actually, I'm one the casuals. I do enjoy lots of casual stuff. I just like less explosions and a few more technical items/things.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Going through a rough patch I see?

If we got:

Young Link (Mask Set)
Doctor Mario (Costume)
Notch Ear/Pika colored Pichu bros
Mewtwo
Roy (Semi Clone)

Would anyone object?
Personally, I feel that Pichu's time has passed.

Dr. Robotnik > Every other second Sonic choice

Discuss.
I liked this idea...then I remembered that whenever selecting him, the announcer would yell "EGGMAN!". Then it became really unappealing. If they called him Robotnik, then yes.

Shut the **** up about Toad. Argue about Dixie vs. K Rool or something. Just NO MORE TOAD.
Umm..eh? The games hasn't began it's (likely) several year development yet. There will be all sorts of speculation about a lot of things, including Toad, for quite some time.

Can we all just admit that there's no clear choice between Mario reps and move on?! Okay, I admit, Toad is viable. But until we get some clear-cut info about Sm4sh, he's just as viable as Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. Heck, with the info we have now(which, I remind you is NOTHING), Sukapon is just as viable as Ridley. I know you're all trying to progress the speculation, but GEEZ is it getting irritating like this. Shortie, you dislike Toad. Zzuxon, you don't like K. Rool. Okay. Both are fine. But it's speculation. That doesn't mean you shoot down every idea you don't like. Everyone has difference in opinion. What you like is going to be different from what someone else thinks. It doesn't have to turn into a flame war. Now, before you say it, I take just as much blame for this. I argue with Kuma a lot. But eventually, we go with our different opinions intact. Sheesh. Get over it…

P.S. This was typed before there was a dim down of argument, but posted afterwards. This held true before, and depending on where it goes now, may still apply. Results may vary.

Here here!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I got Chu to type Excited Biker :troll:

Oasis, will post a picture of the man behind the Game: Biking Excitedly?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Back during the Brawl days when I would envision Megaman in Brawl this song was my number one choice for his stage. The way this version is arranged is just too perfect. Chills go down my spine.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
@Java: I wonder how you could put a prep such as Mona into a fighting game. It would be interesting to say the least.
Not interesting to me. :p

Tough.
I personally think Mona's a really boring choice for a new Wario character. I know a moveset can be made for her, but I just don't find where the inspiration behind the moveset would be. She's bland compared to some of the other WarioWare characters, IMO.

If we get a WarioWare character, I'd like a character who could have some really interesting, "zany" feel to their moveset. Ashley's a potion-brewing hex-casting witch, Orbulon's a spaceship-flying parody of stereotypical aliens - heck, Jimmy T. a frickin' disco king. Mona... is a high school teenager. WOO HOO. :p

Does Mona pose any threat of being a Wario2.0? By this, I mean... is there anything IN GAME, that would somehow give Sakurai that impression?
I don't know what you mean. You mean gimmicky like Wario's weird glitchy movement style?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom