• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Good ol' Pichu wasn't the option. PICHU BROS OR NONE. No to that Spin-Off chu. Although I wouldn't mind him using it as an attack/taunt.

As a taunt, one would strum a ukelele while the other sings? :3
YEEEES.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
As a taunt, one would strum a ukelele while the other sings? :3

"Your loss reminds me of a song... *STRUMMM* "The Fighter Who Lost Everything" written by me and my brother providing backing vocals."

If Iblis sees this, you should be imagining Franky.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I figure their moveset could be a sort of power up moveset?

Pichu has weak electric attacks, but when you use rain dance, they're boosted.

They could have Rain Dance, Discharge, Toss, and Iron Tail? Or maybe Agility and Iron tail?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'd be fine with Young Link if he had his masks from Majora's Mask.

Neutral B: Fire Arrows(like in Melee)
Side B: Zora-rangs
Up B: Flower Shot
Down B: Goron Pound
Final Smash: Fierce Deity Link

:phone:

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@Shortie

To be honest, I have always liked to see Pichu have Zap Cannon. It seems interesting to have a very powerful charging move like that associated with Pichu. Rain Dance would be an interesting move to execute as well.

Discharge sounds good, but what about Electro Ball? A power-up move that does more damage to Pichu's opponents that are slower than it? Or perhaps speed up Pichu in a new way. :p

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
eww... no... come up with something else, or no masks for link.
Not like that. :glare:
A quick animation followed by a sudden transformation. I meant like that. JEEZUM.

@Zap Tackle: But if Electro Ball Pichu only hurt those slower than it, it would only hurt Ganondorf. :troll:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That sounds more Ampharos/Raikou than Pichu. Pichu's a baby Poke, not a demon of electricty! He can barely control his pouches, that's why I went with discharge, it's a very out of control move. He needs Rain Dance to make up for the strength he lacks. And then Iron tail and toss/agility because Pichu IS a mouse afterall. He's quick. I don't even think Pichu can learn Zap Cannon. I'll check.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
it won't work poppy... it just won't work. i am an elitist... i base things on the games they come from... a mask transformation would take as long as Zelda transforms into sheik in brawl (not melee)... what you are expecting of a quick transformation is that of how fast mario gets a racoon tail when he touches a super leaf in SMB3... poof, raccoon mario.

you see... with the commands that were given, they required a quick transformation. Deku Scrub for example would benefit from my mario example and not from the zelda example... if masked link requires the zelda example, it would all be very odd gameplay wise. but the mario example would be too odd in and of itself to be plausible (even though my philosophy allows the fact that anything goes if you let it happen)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
it won't work poppy... it just won't work. i am an elitist... i base things on the games they come from... a mask transformation would take as long as Zelda transforms into sheik in brawl (not melee)... what you are expecting of a quick transformation is that of how fast mario gets a racoon tail when he touches a super leaf in SMB3... poof, raccoon mario.

you see... with the commands that were given, they required a quick transformation. Deku Scrub for example would benefit from my mario example and not from the zelda example... if masked link requires the zelda example, it would all be very odd gameplay wise. but the mario example would be too odd in and of itself to be plausible (even though my philosophy allows the fact that anything goes if you let it happen)
Well, don't forget that in Majora's Mask, when you start transforming, you could use A to skip the cutscene entirely. If you did, Link puts on the mask, press A, poof! He's a different form. So it could still work if you put that into the mix.
Either that, or Down B turns him into one form, like PT and Zelda.

Deku: Neutral-Deku Bubble; Side-Deku Spin; Up-Flower Shot
Goron: Neutral-Goron Punch; Side-Goron Roll; Up-Powder Keg Jump
Zora: Neutral-Zorarangs; Side-Electric Shield; Up-Dolphin Jump

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I prefer him to switch forms just like Pokemon Trainer does. In order of what you said.

That way, you get 4 characters wrapped into one.

However, upon dying, he would keep his current form just like Zelda would.

Even if regular Young Link was mostly the same as Link, the rest of him would be unique and great.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
^^ Yeah. I was thinking, since Majora's Mask Link never gets the boomerang, you could change the Side B to Bombchus.

Change from regular Link, eh? Plus, he has the fire arrows.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@Shortie

I'm certain that Pichu can actually learn Zap Cannon through some means. I personally had a Pichu in Pokemon Crystal that knew Zap Cannon.

I don't know about the newer games, but I do remember that Pichu was able to learn the move in the second generation games.

@Poppybro:

What about Bowser? :p

I think Meta Knight needs to get hit by some Electro balls as well while we're at it. :troll:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, Majora's Mask Link is the same as Young Link from OoT. He could have any weapon from either game.(being that Link was always a composite one anyway)

@Zap Tap: Even if he didn't, many characters have moves they can't use. Zelda has three spells she never learns in Canon.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, Majora's Mask Link is the same as Young Link from OoT. He could have any weapon from either game.(being that Link was always a composite one anyway)

@Zap Tap: Even if he didn't, many characters have moves they can't use. Zelda has three spells she never learns in Canon.
Well, I think I just thought(?) that the Bombchus would be a fun concept for Smash. Who better to put them on than a Link with no Boomerang?

@Zap: I guess... But I always remember Bowser being faster than Pichu. :troll:
That'd be funny, though. "Hey, how's Meta Knight getting hit by Electro Ball?" "Because Pichu is THE STRONGEST IN THE WHOLE WORLD!" lol. :awesome:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, I think I just thought(?) that the Bombchus would be a fun concept for Smash. Who better to put them on than a Link with no Boomerang?

Never said they wouldn't. I was only pointing out that he could use the Boomerang, that's all.(he technically still has it, just not in his current inventory, since he loses them every game anyway.)

Personally, I think Spin Attack, Side B being Bombchu's, and for B, he'll use the Ice Arrows.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
If we got:

Young Link (Mask Set)
Doctor Mario (Costume)
Notch Ear/Pika colored Pichu bros
Mewtwo
Roy (Semi Clone)

Would anyone object?
I would have no objection. Fans of the cut vets would be happy to see them again and I don't see a huge objection towards any of them (except Pichu Bros.).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Masks Link is a bad idea. Be it through Zelda style transformations or Mario powerups, it's just not a viable style. I can't imagine the transformations looking right even if you gave it a Super Sentai look (think Viewtiful Joe). I mean, imagine if there are combos that require transformations. There's no way it can be something quick like Gen's stances or Litchi's Matenbou.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
@HyperFalcon

That is very true. Regardless, Pichu is still able to learn the move anyways. Pikachu can still use Skull Bash (it can't anymore in the Pokemon games), so I see no problem with that.

@PoppyBro

Ah yes, the Electro Ball move. Meta Knight's downfall in the next Smash Bros. I guess we know who the next character that will be banned in SSB4. :awesome:

Off subject:

Hm, I was just wondering about something. Do you guys still think we'll be getting characters that have movesets based on the moves from the Kirby games?

I mean many characters had moves that resembles a variety of Kirby's own attacks from his games (of course since Sakurai made Smash too). Such as Bowser's standard B -> Fire Kirby. Jigglypuff's standard B -> Kirby's wheel attack. Ice Climbers Down B -> Ice Kirby. Even ROB has a lot moves based off Kirby. Standard B -> Laser Kirby while Up B -> Rocket/Jet Pack Kirby. I'm certain that there are more; however, these are the ones that come to mind immediately. Perhaps I might be looking too depply into this, but there is an uncanny resemblance between all these moves.

With Shortie's idea of Discharge, it immediately made me think of how Spark Kirby worked. Creating a small electrical force field that zaps opponents with electricity once they approach it. Perhaps this could be a unique move for Pichu/Pichu Bros.?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So you're saying Kirby would get a power similar to them? Interesting.

Also, yeah, I don't remember what Pichu learns.

I'd be against Pichu Bros. though. Either he himself, or none. Let Plusle & Minun take that role.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Never said they wouldn't. I was only pointing out that he could use the Boomerang, that's all.(he technically still has it, just not in his current inventory, since he loses them every game anyway.)

Personally, I think Spin Attack, Side B being Bombchu's, and for B, he'll use the Ice Arrows.
Exactly.

Young Link:
Neutral B: Fire Arrows
Side B: Bombchus
Up B: Spin Attack
Down B: Change to Deku Link

Deku Link:
Neutral B: Deku Bubble
Side B: Deku Spin
Down B: Change to Goron Link

Goron Link:
Neutral B: Goron Punch
Side B: Goron Roll
Up B: Powder Keg Jump
Down B: Change to Zora Link

Zora Link:
Neutral B: Zora-rangs
Side B: Electric Shield
Up B: Dolphin Jump
Down B: Change to Young Link

Something like that, maybe?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Zap Cannon is out of character for a Pichu IMO. Too powerful and percise for such a baby Pokemon.

Being against the Pichu duo because Plusle and Minun are a duo is beyond idiotic. No more sword characters because Roy has one. Notch Ear and Pika Colored Pichu are from the HG SS event. They're like, the best representation for the game. Pichu alone is fine, but Togetha is bettah.

AT LEAST make alone Pichu Notch Ear.

D

Deleted member

@Zap Tackle: Since Sakurai has been doing this for the previous three games, it could happen again. I for one could see Victini getting Kirby's attack in-air (I believe in Kirby 64 when he's doing his fire spin in air) that could be mapped to his N-air.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly.

Young Link:
Neutral B: Fire Arrows
Side B: Bombchus
Up B: Spin Attack
Down B: Change to Deku Link

Deku Link:
Neutral B: Deku Bubble
Side B: Deku Spin
Down B: Change to Goron Link

Goron Link:
Neutral B: Goron Punch
Side B: Goron Roll
Up B: Powder Keg Jump
Down B: Change to Zora Link

Zora Link:
Neutral B: Zora-rangs
Side B: Electric Shield
Up B: Dolphin Jump
Down B: Change to Young Link

Something like that, maybe?

Yep. Nice job, man.

And Pichu doesn't need a partner in himself. He was made how he should've been in Melee. All he needs is a different moveset, nothing more.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A Pokémon discussion that has not devolved into yelling and screaming? Is that possible?

Anyways let me propose a little game to the Super Smash Bros 4 thread. Let us pretend that Sakurai is holding a poll similar to the one for Brawl, and all of us Westerners have the opportunity to participate and vote. Just as with Brawl you have one of three categories you can select to cast a vote in; characters, stages and music. If all of you had the opportunity to cast one vote what category would you select and what would your vote be? If you want to you can explain the reasoning behind why you would vote for that particular thing. Feel free to elaborate.

Music:
Pokémon Trading Card Game Battle Music. This is a song that I have enjoyed ever since I was a little child. It holds a lot of memories for me and I would love nothing more than to be able to listen to this song in the next Smash Brothers! This under rated track would be wonderful on a new Pokémon stage!

Out of all of the things I want to cast my vote on I want it to be something that will not be common. Faux vote aside I am really looking forward to seeing the responses.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My vote, without a DOUBT would go to characters.

Krystal, of course.

IF I voted outside of characters, I would do stages. I would choose Endless Ocean~

If I chose music, it would be Lavender Town/Pokemon Tower Medley.

He has had his own games and a very viable moveset.
What game? I know Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, DK, and WARIO have had their own games...but not Toad?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I want Toad to be included over other mario characters. Toad has been with the series since the beginning and has many, many fans. He has had his own games and a very viable moveset. I can show you one if you wish. There is nothing barring his inclusion and much, much for it.
For a stage, I would like a stage based on the battle system of paper mario.
For music, I would like the level-up battle final music in Fossil Fighters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Exactly what games was he the main character in? I mean, besides among a few others. What games did he specifically star in? I've never seen a single game where he's more than the supporting cast.(New Super Mario Bros. Wii doesn't count, that was two generic Toads, and not the main one anyway.

Super Mario Bros. 2? If anybody sees the actual ending, Mario's pretty much the main guy, while the rest are the supporting secondary characters.

I am interested in which game(s) where Toad is the overall main character, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom