• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I would undoubtely vote for characters. In which of course you know my answer.

For stages, I'd like to see an Excitebots stage. I feel as the game should get some more publicity and it's a shame the game sold so poorly. It was a great game.

If I had to go with music, too many wonderful options. I love Ecruteak City's HeartGold version.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Exactly what games was he the main character in? I mean, besides among a few others. What games did he specifically star in? I've never seen a single game where he's more than the supporting cast.(New Super Mario Bros. Wii doesn't count, that was two generic Toads, and not the main one anyway.

Super Mario Bros. 2? If anybody sees the actual ending, Mario's pretty much the main guy, while the rest are the supporting secondary characters.

I am interested in which game(s) where Toad is the overall main character, though.
Toad is the Main Protagonist of Wario's Woods(Wario is the main villain.) It is an action/puzzle game made for the NES and SNES. I have it on the Virtual console and I love it.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Wario's Woods. He was main character there. Toad was against Wario, who was in turn the main antagonist. I think it's sorta like Kirby Star Stacker, but with a different story.

:phone:

yani_

Smash Ace
@Star

I would pick characters and my character would be Geno, or if it had to be a *Nintendo* character, Dixie<3

If I picked stages I'd choose past stages

ANNND music hmm.. Beware the Forest's Mushrooms :troll: and Pokemon B+W credits theme, SO EPIC

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What happened to Mega Man, SSBF? I thought he was your GUY.

Also, was there not an option for items, Star? For items, I would totally vote for Sukapon as an Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

What happened to Mega Man, SSBF? I thought he was your GUY.

Also, was there not an option for items, Star? For items, I would totally vote for Sukapon as an Assist Trophy.
I would say that Mega Man is tied for my most wanted, but I'm going with Victini since it's a Nintendo character and Mega Man is bound to be among the Top 10 most wanted newcomers.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toad is the Main Protagonist of Wario's Woods(Wario is the main villain.) It is an action/puzzle game made for the NES and SNES. I have it on the Virtual console and I love it.
Ah. So a small spin-off then. Any other major games?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I don't recall there being a category for items. Just the three I listed.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
A Pokémon discussion that has not devolved into yelling and screaming? Is that possible?

Anyways let me propose a little game to the Super Smash Bros 4 thread. Let us pretend that Sakurai is holding a poll similar to the one for Brawl, and all of us Westerners have the opportunity to participate and vote. Just as with Brawl you have one of three categories you can select to cast a vote in; characters, stages and music. If all of you had the opportunity to cast one vote what category would you select and what would your vote be? If you want to you can explain the reasoning behind why you would vote for that particular thing. Feel free to elaborate.

Music:
Pokémon Trading Card Game Battle Music. This is a song that I have enjoyed ever since I was a little child. It holds a lot of memories for me and I would love nothing more than to be able to listen to this song in the next Smash Brothers! This under rated track would be wonderful on a new Pokémon stage!

Out of all of the things I want to cast my vote on I want it to be something that will not be common. Faux vote aside I am really looking forward to seeing the responses.
I guess I'll say Little Mac. I was think about Goroh, but I think that's because I'm watching F-Zero stuff right now. Smash does need more F-Zero characters though.
EDIT:I take that back. Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven. YEAH!

Stage:Hmmmmmm. Maybe something like Wuhu Island?
Music: Rhythm Heaven-Karate Man

BTW, I really hope he does a poll here. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Ah. So a small spin-off then. Any other major games?
It's more than Bowser has. Toad has played major supporting roles in many mario games, and was of course playable in SMB2. Not only that, he's iconic. I know people who never play video games who know toad. He has his own T-shirts and action figures.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shut the **** up about Toad. Argue about Dixie vs. K Rool or something. Just NO MORE TOAD.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's more than Bowser has. Toad has played major supporting roles in many mario games, and was of course playable in SMB2. Not only that, he's iconic. I know people who never play video games who know toad. He has his own T-shirts and action figures.
Bowser is the main Villain. He's the start of Mario and Luigi 3. He's one of the most important characters in Super Mario RPG. I'm going to have to say... no. Toad has one starring role, but that's it.

I did not say he's never had supporting roles, but he's not on Bowser's level by any means.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tough question Star, but probably Palutena or Caeda (I don't care what Chrono says :p).

Also nice avatar. ;)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Shut the **** up about Toad. Argue about Dixie vs. K Rool or something. Just NO MORE TOAD.
That is bordering on trolling. If you would like to advocate for toad not being included, please make your case, but don't just make unconstructive comments. P.S in Dixie vs. K.Rool my choice is no new DK rep.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
With characters, I'd pick... Hmmm... Shoot. Tie between Starfy and Paper Mario. Um... I choose... Starfy. If he's not in the list, then PMario.

Stages I'd pick are Lor Starcutter(IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!), Past Stages N64 Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams, and Bunneran Castle Hall(The Legendary Starfy(it's where you fight Mashtooth)).

Music. I would choose KRtD's final stage music, Super Tough(Legendary Starfy), Greevil Battle Theme(Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness), and Feather Fiend(DKCR).

Odd choices, I know, but hey, I'm an odd person. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Zzuxon, At least I know now you're terrible at making choices.

Dixie and K Rool > Toad and any other remaining Mario choices.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Bowser is the main Villain. He's the start of Mario and Luigi 3. He's one of the most important characters in Super Mario RPG. I'm going to have to say... no. Toad has one starring role, but that's it.

I did not say he's never had supporting roles, but he's not on Bowser's level by any means.
I'm not saying he's on Bowsers level. But you are diminishing wario woods significance. I merely pointed out that a "minor-spin-off" isn't something that BOWSER can say about himself, meaning that it is more impressive than you make it out to be.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Zzuxon, At least I know now you're terrible at making choices.
I'm not sure to what you're reffering.
EDIT: Oh now I see. My point is, DK has only a handful of significant games (like 5) and it already has 2 characters. A slot going to KKR or Dixie would be better served going to Paper mario, or a misc. character.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Oops I didn't see the rest of your question:

Stage: Dragon's Altar or Distortion World
Music: Super Metroid - Brinstar (Green Soil) Mostly because that's what I'm playing right now. Which reminds me...

@Oasis: I finally killed him. :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Considering I have seen grown adults who are not even into video games talking about Toad at certain discussions I am going to have to disagree on that one point. He may not have the outings of the others, but that little mushroom is every bit of an iconic character as the other Mario characters.

That is my two cents. Not going any further.

I guess I'll say Little Mac. I was think about Goroh, but I think that's because I'm watching F-Zero stuff right now. Smash does need more F-Zero characters though.
EDIT:I take that back. Karate Joe from Rhythm Heaven. YEAH!

Stage:Hmmmmmm. Maybe something like Wuhu Island?
Music: Rhythm Heaven-Karate Man

BTW, I really hope he does a poll here. Wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
I think it would be in his benefit to co-ordinate with Nintendo of Europe and America and hold a poll that is open to Westerners.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not saying he's on Bowsers level. But you are diminishing wario woods significance. I merely pointed out that a "minor-spin-off" isn't something that BOWSER can say about himself, meaning that it is more impressive than you make it out to be.
I'd say Mario & Luigi 3 and Super Mario RPG are not "minor" spin-offs compared to Wario's Woods. It may be due to those being much more notable.

Also, you directly play as Bowser in Paper Mario 2 and Super Paper Mario.

Bowser has always been just a bit more impressive game-wise than Toad, and is playable in quite a lot of games too where his role is fairly important.(it's really not in the Karts and Partys). I think you're undermining Bowser's important just a bit.

Toad is of course important, but he doesn't have too many games starring him or making him the ultimate character in comparison, that's all.

Also, honestly, just report Shortie when he says stuff like that. It's against the rules, and he needs to stop causing trouble.(that's why I have him on ignore)

@Starphoenix: I was talking about importance, not popularity.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Tryphen: PROTIP: Ridley always comes back.
I know. :laugh:

Either way I still have to beat him in Other M ("shutters") and Fusion.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm not sure to what you're reffering.
EDIT: Oh now I see. My point is, DK has only a handful of significant games (like 5) and it already has 2 characters. A slot going to KKR or Dixie would be better served going to Paper mario, or a misc. character.
Ew.

By that logic, StarFox and Mother shouldn't even be represented. Most of cast should come from Mario, Donkey Kong, Wii Sports, Wii Series, Pokemon, and LoZ. Which would suck.

# of games/Sales doesn't effect the roster. StarFox vs. DK shows that.

Hyper, cry me a river.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd say Mario & Luigi 3 and Super Mario RPG are not "minor" spin-offs compared to Wario's Woods. It may be due to those being much more notable.

Also, you directly play as Bowser in Paper Mario 2 and Super Paper Mario.

Bowser has always been just a bit more impressive game-wise than Toad, and is playable in quite a lot of games too where his role is fairly important.(it's really not in the Karts and Partys). I think you're undermining Bowser's important just a bit.

Toad is of course important, but he doesn't have too many games starring him or making him the ultimate character in comparison, that's all.

Also, honestly, just report Shortie when he says stuff like that. It's against the rules, and he needs to stop causing trouble.(that's why I have him on ignore)

@Starphoenix: I was talking about importance, not popularity.
Mario & Luigi 3 and SMRPG were not Bowser's games. In one, he co-starred with 5 others, and in one he costarred with mario and luigi on occasion. Let me get this clear I AM NOT SAYING TOAD IS BETTER THAN BOWSER. I am saying he is a perfectly deserving and viable character.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Ew.

By that logic, StarFox and Mother shouldn't even be represented.I believ that Mother should not have gotten Lucas, and StarFox should not have gotten Wolf Most of cast should come from Mario, Donkey Kong, Wii Sports, Wii Series, Pokemon, and LoZ and metroid and fire emblem. Which would suck.
In case you have not noticed, with the exception of the Wii things, thats true.

# of games/Sales doesn't effect the roster. StarFox vs. DK shows that.

These are not my predictions just my opinions.
Hyper, cry me a river.
See the quote.
I just want better distribution of representation.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Do you want proper representation, or do you want a diverse roster.
A bit of both, though mainly a diverse roster. It really seems to me that they are nearly synonomous. For instance, I prefer having Paper Mario as a mario-spin-off, and a good deal of misc. and classic characters. But I choose which characters are expendable ( new DK, F-zero, mother star fox rep) to make those slots.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mario & Luigi 3 and SMRPG were not Bowser's games. In one, he co-starred with 5 others, and in one he costarred with mario and luigi on occasion. Let me get this clear I AM NOT SAYING TOAD IS BETTER THAN BOWSER. I am saying he is a perfectly deserving and viable character.
Sure, he co-starred in Super Mario RPG.

But he's the main character of Bowser's Inside Story and is also the a full main character in all 3 Paper Marios, and you can actually play as him in the last two.

I never said he wasn't deserving at all. I'm saying that his starring role was only in one game, nothing more.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Sure, he co-starred in Super Mario RPG.

But he's the main character of Bowser's Inside Story and is also the a full main character in all 3 Paper Marios, and you can actually play as him in the last two.

I never said he wasn't deserving at all. I'm saying that his starring role was only in one game, nothing more.

Oh, well I was mistaken. But bowser was not the main character of the paper mario games or BIS. Mario and sometimes luigi were.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mainly a diverse roster? Okay then. Shhh.

I don't mean to pull a idealistic hippie, but this isn't really about representing Nintendo in any specific manner. I think there is still a decent shot at a forth SF character. (Sakurai loves him some SF, specificlly the oldies, but STILL) So long as we aren't going overboard, I see no reason to put a blockage on any series gettiing new characters. With the exceptions of maybe the retros.

If Sakurai wanted a roster to reflect sales, we woulf have gotten both Junior an Toad in Brawl. Not just LOSE Doc.

Listen to the Toise, and his choice. Sort of like Sarah's Choice, but better.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Tryphen: For every Ridley you defeat, two more take his place. I wish.
This is sig worthy. :laugh:

EDIT: Wait I got the math wrong. Nevermind. The dream's dead. :(

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Can we all just admit that there's no clear choice between Mario reps and move on?! Jesus Christ. Okay, I admit, Toad is viable. But until we get some clear-cut info about Sm4sh, he's just as viable as Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. Heck, with the info we have now(which, I remind you is NOTHING), Sukapon is just as viable as Ridley. I know you're all trying to progress the speculation, but GEEZ is it getting irritating like this. Shortie, you dislike Toad. Zzuxon, you don't like K. Rool. Okay. Both are fine. But it's speculation. That doesn't mean you shoot down every idea you don't like. Everyone has difference in opinion. What you like is going to be different from what someone else thinks. It doesn't have to turn into a flame war. Now, before you say it, I take just as much blame for this. I argue with Kuma a lot. But eventually, we go with our different opinions intact. Sheesh. Get over it…

P.S. This was typed before there was a dim down of argument, but posted afterwards. This held true before, and depending on where it goes now, may still apply. Results may vary.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Can we all just admit that there's no clear choice between Mario reps and move on?! Jesus Christ. Okay, I admit, Toad is viable. But until we get some clear-cut info about Sm4sh, he's just as viable as Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. Heck, with the info we have now(which, I remind you is NOTHING), Sukapon is just as viable as Ridley. I know you're all trying to progress the speculation, but GEEZ is it getting irritating like this. Shortie, you dislike Toad. Zzuxon, you don't like K. Rool. Okay. Both are fine. But it's speculation. That doesn't mean you shoot down every idea you don't like. Everyone has difference in opinion. What you like is going to be different from what someone else thinks. It doesn't have to turn into a flame war. Now, before you say it, I take just as much blame for this. I argue with Kuma a lot. But eventually, we go with our different opinions intact. Sheesh. Get over it…

I was flaming? If so, I apologize.

I'm sorry, but I must take my leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom