• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
@Asage/Swayne Greg: We worked on a few team names for multiplayer, but that was it of actual importance.
You mean for SSB4? If so, mines going to be, if Victini's playable, VT94. Also, I got a question. Is it possible to reset my name? I wanna be known as Viotini94

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
OK, remember how I kept suggesting Shantae for Smash Bros.? Well, I sent an e-mail to her creator, Matt Bozon at Wayforward, about this. I suggested possible moveset styles for Shantae, and also suggested that Sky & Wrench appear as an Assist Trophy, and Risky Boots appear as an AT or as a boss (or even both).

I actually got a response from him, saying "That would be incredible!"

So, I THINK I got him interested.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You'd have to talk to the mods about that.

What we mean, is that when two characters are put on a team, they get a name. Kind of like Mario Party 4 or in SSB64 Single Player mode.(as in, when the Announcer announces the Mario Bros., so stuff like that)

Also, to say the least, any time two of the same character goes on a team, it'd be "Character" Team! or Team "Character"!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Buy premium membership to change your name.
I have to pay just to change my name? That's wrong...

You'd have to talk to the mods about that.

What we mean, is that when two characters are put on a team, they get a name. Kind of like Mario Party 4 or in SSB64 Single Player mode.(as in, when the Announcer announces the Mario Bros., so stuff like that)

Also, to say the least, any time two of the same character goes on a team, it'd be "Character" Team! or Team "Character"!
Ah, I see. Well, I see there's still nothing going on. Cya guys l8r.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Dang, it feels like it's been a while since I was last here.

Anyways, I'm often dry on ideas for SSB4 these days and most of the discussion on this thread consists of character discussion now with little mention of any other aspects of Smash Bros. So this thread is wearing on me.

Expect me less on this thread talking SSB4 and more in the Backroom if anything. I simply feel a little useless nowadays in injecting anything into the conversation. I'll probably remain in the Backroom just because you guys are like friends to me now. (Yes, even the bluntest of personalities like Toise and Shortie I consider buddies.)

Now then, since I've got to stay on-topic: how about a factory level in the next Smash Bros? A factory could roll up elements from several different Nintendo franchises. For example, imagine a factory with an initial beginning level based on the factories of Donkey Kong, complete with Return's remix of Fear Factory (or the original if you prefer). Then, as you progress further, the factory becomes more of a laboratory, the Kremling enemies are mixed in with Space Pirates,the music grows ambient and unsettling. In the deepest sections of the factory, one finds a Phazon mine co-operated by both the Kremlings and Space Pirates.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
OK, remember how I kept suggesting Shantae for Smash Bros.? Well, I sent an e-mail to her creator, Matt Bozon at Wayforward, about this. I suggested possible moveset styles for Shantae, and also suggested that Sky & Wrench appear as an Assist Trophy, and Risky Boots appear as an AT or as a boss (or even both).

I actually got a response from him, saying "That would be incredible!"

So, I THINK I got him interested.
Ehhhh
1)Not really that big of a deal. He might have said the same thing is Shantae should have her own kart racer
2)Show or it didn't happen.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Now then, since I've got to stay on-topic: how about a factory level in the next Smash Bros? A factory could roll up elements from several different Nintendo franchises. For example, imagine a factory with an initial beginning level based on the factories of Donkey Kong, complete with Return's remix of Fear Factory (or the original if you prefer). Then, as you progress further, the factory becomes more of a laboratory, the Kremling enemies are mixed in with Space Pirates,the music grows ambient and unsettling. In the deepest sections of the factory, one finds a Phazon mine co-operated by both the Kremlings and Space Pirates.
Ahh, something actually interesting. While I do not know if it counts as a factory per se I feel the Geothermal Power Plant from Other M stands the best chance of having a stage along that line. Outside of that I am not sure of any other factories that stand a chance at becoming a stage. Maybe the mining facility level from Skyward Sword if the developers choose something other than Skyloft?

D

Deleted member

@JavaCroc: A factory stage sounds good to me.

What do people think of this as a Pokeball item?

There are four Pokeballs. One is a regular Pokeball, for pre-evolution/weak mid-evolution, another is a Great Ball for strong mid-evolution/full evolution, Ultra Ball for pseudo-legendary/very strong Pokemons, and the Master Ball is for legendaries. Some examples:

Pokeball:
Pidgey
Kricketot

Great Ball:
Scrafty
Noctowl

Ultra Ball:
Dragonite
Salamence

Master Ball:
Reshiram
Zekrom

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Who do you guys think are the most likely newcomers to be unveiled at a possible E3 2012 trailer?

My guesses are:
Ridley or K. Rool
Palutena or Medusa
Mega Man
One characters the practically no one requested (see Ice Climbers and Zero Suit Samus)

D

Deleted member

Who do you guys think are the most likely newcomers to be unveiled at a possible E3 2012 trailer?

My guesses are:
Ridley or K. Rool
Palutena or Medusa
Mega Man
One characters the practically no one requested (see Ice Climbers and Zero Suit Samus)
I would say the most likely newcomer to be revealed at E3 2012 would be Little Mac and/or a retro rep. Ridley and King K. Rool are certainly possibilities, but Ridley could very well be unlockable material. As for K. Rool, Sakurai may have doubts about showing him due to potential relevancy issues (that new people might not be familiar with him) and show him later as either an unlockable or in the DOJO!!. This is of course assuming they are playable.

If we do end up with five newcomers for SSB4 revealed then, these is how I would imagine it:
Ridley
Little Mac
Takamaru
Palutena
Mega Man

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ridley, Krystal, Little Mac, and Toad and they need to keep it that way. Keep all the other newcomers locked up until release. I do NOT want to have to unlock mostly veterans again.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A factory stage? Well that would be a nice change of scenery. But from which franchise would it come from?

Hmm, I'd say:

Little Mac
Ridley or K. Rool
Saki or Issac
Palutena
A 3rd party (most likely MM)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
It will probably follow the same fashion the other trailers have. Show a fan favorite (Boswer/MetaKnight), a surprise (Ice Climbers/Pit), possibly a third party surprise and a couple others in between.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm well if it's a bigger roster, does anyone think we may see more characters revealed in the trailer than Brawl's?

Also, I've brought this up before, would anyone else like to see character specific trailers similar to how Capcom handles them?

D

Deleted member

It will probably follow the same fashion the other trailers have. Show a fan favorite (Boswer/MetaKnight), a surprise (Ice Climbers/Pit), possibly a third party surprise and a couple others in between.
You have a good point there. Going by this "pattern" (although I don't fully trust it), this would be my guesses:

Fan Favorite: Ridley
New Series: Little Mac
Female: Palutena
Retro: Takamaru
Third-Party/Other: Mega Man

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I loved how Capcom does their trailers. They practically celebrate each reveal with their trailers. The big problem the Dojo brought about was that video footage was few and far between, not leaving a whole lot of room for analyzing from fans.

Along with showing more footage, the trailers would give us an idea how the character plays AND give us substantial hype. That way it isn't, "Okay, this one got reveal, let's talk about other unconfirmed characters now!"

I don't think roster size will affect the number of characters in the game. If anything, if there is a huge change in gameplay, they may do trailers with the veterans showing how the characters now play.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Ahh, something actually interesting. While I do not know if it counts as a factory per se I feel the Geothermal Power Plant from Other M stands the best chance of having a stage along that line. Outside of that I am not sure of any other factories that stand a chance at becoming a stage. Maybe the mining facility level from Skyward Sword if the developers choose something other than Skyloft?
Whoops. I meant as in an Adventure Mode level. :laugh:

But a factory as a Vs. mode stage could work too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Kuma: Good point, not to mention with development starting only a few months before, I guess they won't have as much prepared for E3 anyway. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we got even less character reveals than Brawl's.

As for Capcom trailers, I think it would be nice to see. It would reveal gameplay, characters, stages, music ect.

Best part would be that it would save time on the dojo, which I'm sure Sakurai would love, as in interviews he did say the dojo updates were often annoying to put together. Not to mention the time that could be saved could be put to better use.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hmm well if it's a bigger roster, does anyone think we may see more characters revealed in the trailer than Brawl's?

Also, I've brought this up before, would anyone else like to see character specific trailers similar to how Capcom handles them?
No. As development will be so very early at the most I see a highly stylized cinematic trailer with a few characters the development team is one hundred percent positive they are going to include as the most likely scenario. They will probably throw in a few more veterans to flesh it out and possibly the return of Sonic and or Snake.

Mario
Link
Pikachu
Kirby
Pit
Marth
Samus
Donkey Kong
Sonic

Mewtwo
Palutena
Toad
Little Mac

Not saying all of these characters at one time, but something within this general category.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Honestly, I hope that if Sakurai decides to go ahead and let Sonic and Snake stick around for SSB4, he also includes them in the announcement trailer. This will make speculating on third parties soooo much easier, as it is really hard to tell what Sakurai is going to do in that area. Will Sonic and Snake stick around or were they just a one-time thing? Will any new third parties be introduced? Will we see any third parties at all? I'd rather be able to speculate on those questions with much more ease once the internet is ablaze with SSB4 speculation.

Same goes for Jigglypuff. If Jigglypuff is announced early on, we won't have to deal with all of the crazies out there who insist that she won't return. I'd like to put those debates to rest as well.

SwayneGang

Smash Journeyman
2)Show or it didn't happen.
Is that a challenge? OK then.

[COLLAPSE="First, here's the e-mail I sent:"]Hello

I don't know if you're a fan of this Nintendo series, but I think Shantae would be a great character to include in the next Super Smash Bros. games. I can see her using her hair whips as possible Smash attacks, her spells (Fireballs, Orbs, etc.) as special attacks, and her belly dance transformations as a possible Final Smash attack.

I could also see Sky & Wrench appearing in the next Smash game as well, as a possible Assist Trophy. They could appear, jump off-screen, then reappear with Sky flying on Wrench, dive-bombing the stage at opponents.

I could even see Risky Boots appearing as an Assist Trophy, as well. Or she could appear as an enemy boss for a single player mode. Either one, or both, would be cool to see.

I'd like to know what you think of this idea. Could you see Shantae in Smash Bros.?[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="And here's his response:"]
That would be incredible! I would monkey dash into players and then stomp them like an elephant.

Matt Bozon
WF Creative Director[/COLLAPSE]

And BTW, I sent a follow-up saying that he should maybe pursue this idea. I wonder if he will...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Err, sorry to bring it back up, just i left after my last comment, but...

@Hyper: Well yeah I understand but they are still basically the same person when you AT LEAST look at it in context. The chances of all the characters around them that are the same, yet of them being two different people is almost zero.

And yes after a long and heated argument with someone else in a different thread a LONG LONG time ago i remembered that pokemon yellow does indeed have the names Ash and Gary.

Now yes i understand that the model of PT is done on red, but i can actually see quite a lot of resemblences to Ash Ketchum of Pallet town in there.

But as i said before, universally they are often known as different characters. Again, i don't always know why, but I suppose i can respect the opinion.

And sorry to bring it back up, it's just i literally left after that last post and was really interested in the argument.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Quotemania

My guesses are:
Ridley or K. Rool
Palutena or Medusa
Mega Man
None of them really outside of Palutena and maybe K. Rool. I firgure they would show new series rather than characters from current ones. So more Little Macs and Shulks. Saki perhaps.........

Ridley, Krystal, Little Mac, and Toad and they need to keep it that way. Keep all the other newcomers locked up until release. I do NOT want to have to unlock mostly veterans again.
You like everything Capcom does. Joking aside, leet's get to the real meat....

I loved how Capcom does their trailers. They practically celebrate each reveal with their trailers. The big problem the Dojo brought about was that video footage was few and far between, not leaving a whole lot of room for analyzing from fans.

Along with showing more footage, the trailers would give us an idea how the character plays AND give us substantial hype. That way it isn't, "Okay, this one got reveal, let's talk about other unconfirmed characters now!"

I don't think roster size will affect the number of characters in the game. If anything, if there is a huge change in gameplay, they may do trailers with the veterans showing how the characters now play.
That's the big difference between Smash and any fighter Capcom has come out with in the last 3 years. Capcom needs the hype. They want those sales to be high right off the bat, but their games have less substance. Basically, it's a bait and switch. Not saying they are bad. Capcom makes some good games. But their series, especially the Vs. series, are not AAA material. Maybe low A?

Smash is different. Smash's hype was more people's love of Smash. I mean, showing Pokemon Trainer dominate the airwaves. Being on 4chan at the time, the announcment took the entire front page. Brawl was always a hot topic, and they showed very small things. Never major. The big difference her is that Smash doesn't need a big band stand and a parade like Capcom puts out.

The thing is, you (and others that hated the Dojo) would hate it even more if they did what Capcom does. They would ruin any ounce of surprise as everything would be in the open. There wouldn't even be waiting to see how the character looks in motion. And the end result is your hype after the fact washes away.

BTW, I never got how people hated the Dojo. Again, the Japanese release and the leaks ruined it more than anything else. Sakurai only showed content that comes when the game turns on, and he still didn't show some stuff till after release. We found out about Final Destination though magazine scans. The beauty of the Dojo was you would literally wake up and find something new. I actually remember the day Ice Climbers was announced and how some Mod here said "So fuzzy". Even though it ws gruling towards the end, it was the best. We were never in the dark. And trust me, the Dojo is worse than just nothing. After Nintendo world '06 everything was dark. This was from about Septermber/October until April. 7-8 months of NOTHING. No news was released. And when you all are speculating, any lull will kill you. We knew Pit, Wario, Meta-Knight, ZSS and Snake were in for almost forever (and I'll bet your dollar that it will be the same again). So what I'm saying is the Dojo was a godsend. It was something that not only made your day but was well worht it after the long darkness.

Is that a challenge? OK then.

[COLLAPSE="First, here's the e-mail I sent:"]Hello

I don't know if you're a fan of this Nintendo series, but I think Shantae would be a great character to include in the next Super Smash Bros. games. I can see her using her hair whips as possible Smash attacks, her spells (Fireballs, Orbs, etc.) as special attacks, and her belly dance transformations as a possible Final Smash attack.

I could also see Sky & Wrench appearing in the next Smash game as well, as a possible Assist Trophy. They could appear, jump off-screen, then reappear with Sky flying on Wrench, dive-bombing the stage at opponents.

I could even see Risky Boots appearing as an Assist Trophy, as well. Or she could appear as an enemy boss for a single player mode. Either one, or both, would be cool to see.

I'd like to know what you think of this idea. Could you see Shantae in Smash Bros.?[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="And here's his response:"]
That would be incredible! I would monkey dash into players and then stomp them like an elephant.

Matt Bozon
WF Creative Director[/COLLAPSE]

And BTW, I sent a follow-up saying that he should maybe pursue this idea. I wonder if he will...
That's nice that you can type stuff into a message forum. I'm asking for a screen shot.

Who wants music
EDIT:It never amazes me how many typos I can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom