• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I got it, but I didn't feel like "lolol" would make a great post. GOOD JOKE ANYWAY. CURTAINS.

ALSO. PALUTENA AND MEOWTH: TEAM CHRONICLE LISTING? >8OOO HUUUARRRGH. That is slightly more useless than stickers.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yay, Iblis gets it! At least somebody does. That is why I no longer give this thread a serious thought. We go round and round and round for nothing. Sakurai could add all three Mario characters or add none and everything in between.

I think Oasis really is the one with the best idea around these parts.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What not only you, but others in this damn thread need understand is. There is a point where you *****s just have to agree to disagree. There is a point where you can tell well "X" is so adamant about "Character 31" getting in over "Character U291O". That's where you've reached a mental impass, a stalemate, and should just drop the whole thing.

Your trains of thoughts are never going cross to a point where someone will be converted. It's more that obvious this is the case right now.

Continuing this further makes any you look like idiots.
That's not what Johnknight1 and I are talking about though. Our trains of thought actually have crossed too.

And I'd like to note I am not saying one will get in over the other, just that saying one character will never get in(and so far, nobody has given an actual factual reason to why Waluigi can't, just that they don't like him) without an actual indefinite reason.

And duh, rosters are always subjective. There's small things that can be done objectively(like having every Pokemon Gen having atleast 1 playable character, as nobody gets left out, although the exact choices are subjective, the basic outline is not), but nothing big.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Music for post

Yay, Iblis gets it! At least somebody does. That is why I no longer give this thread a serious thought. We go round and round and round for nothing. Sakurai could add all three Mario characters or add none and everything in between.

I think Oasis really is the one with the best idea around these parts.
I think me, you, N, and some others have been on the same page about this for a while now.

Maybe if stuff was more productive like the old days then maybe I'll go back to my old debating style.

Until then I guess I'll have to stick around arguing these pointless things until I find a rival I can just argue with just because.

That's not what Johnknight1 and I are talking about though. Our trains of thought actually have crossed too.

And I'd like to note I am not saying one will get in over the other, just that saying one character will never get in(and so far, nobody has given an actual factual reason to why Waluigi can't, just that they don't like him) without an actual indefinite reason.

And duh, rosters are always subjective. There's small things that can be done objectively(like having every Pokemon Gen having atleast 1 playable character, as nobody gets left out, although the exact choices are subjective, the basic outline is not), but nothing big.
*sigh*

You don't have to note anything, it was more of a just read and nod type of post. But since you want to respond.

It seems I have to keep reminding people of the obvious. As you can see, if the populous of the people in this thread are ignorant towards maybe you should come at it in a non-aggressive manner. You saw the backlash reaction didn't you?

Derp, as I said I was stating the obvious (looked like it was needed again), you don't have to parrot me and say repeat what I said about the roster. It was a reminder.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Kirby and Fox: Dream Buddies(reference to animal buddies)

Meta Knight and Marth: Master Swordsmen

Ganondorf and King Dedede: The Hammer of Evil

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I should note it to make sure the position is understood. If I'm misinterpreted, I correct it. Plain and simple.

There's also no reason to insult us with statements like us being "ignorant" etc either.

Also, I'm Captain Obvious, nice to meet ya.

D

Deleted member

@HyperFalcon: That's subjective as well since we did not get a 3rd gen Pokemon and there's a small chance 5th gen gets left out as well.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
It's not an insult if it's the hard truth.

Ignorance can be fixed with ease depending on how hard the belief is strung in someone's head. If you are taking the insults too personally maybe you shouldn't respond to me. That's how I normally post.

Get used to it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@SSBF: It's not subjective at all. That's literally the only objective way to do it. Every Gen gets one rep. The only subjective parts are exactly which characters. If everybody gets 1, that means that no Gen gets a different rep. It's not only the average, but it means that no Gen gets left behind.

As I said before, only the specific character choices are subjective.

Repping every variation of the Mario series with atleast one character is also objective. The character choices are however, subjective.

@Iblis: Then maybe you should avoid stuff that'll easily insult people. Calling them any name is easily taken as flaming. We have every right to be annoyed by it.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Or to represent a game use the main mascot.

It's up to you to tell if something is "complete" or not.

Edit: Flaming? hahaha, Maybe i was just directly attacking all of you just to say you were idiots. Don't guess my intentions and plus stop acting victimized.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm sure Gen III will be very happy that you don't want to hurt its feelings, HyperFalcon.

Kind of like how that SwayneGang fellow thought it was disrespectful to cut characters, lol.

D

Deleted member

@HyperFalcon: Oops. Should have read it more carefully.

Anyway, anyone minds if I move the time when I do my take on McSnappleton's Roster Candidates to December-January?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Bolded: It's not funny anymore it's damn annoying. I've stated this full circle theory plenty of times. I thought it was actually over but after reading this recent garbage it seems it just decided to take a backseat for while and now it's coming back.

@Italics: This is true. People stop clamoring about your bias being truth or written down law.
Well I guess I have a slightly higher tolerance for this thread, but I will admit I'm starting to get annoyed as well. :glare:

Anyway, anyone minds if I move the time when I do my take on McSnappleton's Roster Candidates to December-January?

What is that exactly?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
am i a smash lord now? sweet. seeing as this is the only thread i post in, it will be a long time to become a champion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, be Wario instead. He works.(albeit, a bit gross Brawl-wise, but eh)

I'd say Fox, but he's a hero.

There's also Wolf.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Ouch.

I concur with you though that if Ghirahim were to get in, Sakurai would probably make him an interesting character to play as. However, I personally am not convinced that Zelda needs any more characters than it currently has.
That is one of the beauties of Sakurai. He's really good at making characters work. Even when we think it wont.

@ChronoBound: K. Rool and Dixie are not happening in Fortune Street. The Japanese have already confirmed that there will be only twenty-six players overall and they have been all confirmed. So as much as I hate to say this, if K. Rool/Dixie Kong do not appeared in Smash 4, they're likely done for and could very well be retired completely. I feel as many other potential candidates will not get in if they are not playable in SSB4. The only likely exceptions are Starfy and Little Mac.
Yeah, that's not how it works.

If people are going to claim that somebody (Sakurai) has said something they need to back it up with a link and the quotes proper context, otherwise don't start spouting garbage. I don;t care how many people online say something is true the quantity of people believing something does not validate the information. You can have a massive group of ignorant people. How many times was I told over the years that Meowth was close to being a playable fighter in Super Smash Bros for the 64, and guess what? It is not true, but only a well spread myth. It is because of stuff like that that I want something more than "well a lot of guys brought so and so up." Surprisingly this misinformation is quite common when it comes to Sakurai. This poor man is the subject of countless sentence twisting and improper contextual extrapolations.

Sorry guys, not biting on this sudden revelation pertaining to Toad. I do not remember it back then and I certainly do not now.
Well said (BTW, what's with the whole Toad thing?)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Take a guess for mine. :p

I dunno.

But I'd rather say what Smash characters in general, so we don't miss anyone. Hrm.

Anyway, I still wonder what characters are ironclad to return. I think Lucas and Ness, the original 12, Ice Climbers, Marth, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Olimar, R.O.B., Ganondorf, Zelda, Meta Knight, King Dedede Falco, and Mr. Game & Watch are the most likely to be kept.(well, yeah, original 12 are enough the said) R.O.B. is the only one I'm not too sure about.

I think Ike'll be replaced with a new Lord.

Lucario and Pokemon Trainer might get replaced.

I think Sheik'll stay, but she could be replaced by a new version if Impa and have her own slot.

Toon Link/Young Link, who knows. I think one of 'em will be kept.

Wolf I won't say for sure, although I think he'll stay.

D

Deleted member

@yani and ---: See this and this.

For the first month, you vote for character(s) you want to see in the next round in which you can do it once a day. After a month, the votes are tallied up and whoever is the most wanted will go into the Top [insert number] in which they will be voted on for another month. Whoever makes it out of this group will be declared to be the most wanted candidates.

My variation of this plans to include everyone from this list and much more. Whoever makes it into the Top 20 will be put into a final showdown to see who are the five most wanted. The winner will be declared the most wanted.[Collapse="Character pool to pick from"]Super Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Rosalina
Daisy
Dr. Mario
Fawful
Birdo

Donkey Kong:
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong

Yoshi:
Kamek
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi

Wario:
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Mona
Jimmy T
9-Volt
Kat & Ana

The Legend of Zelda:
Young Link
Majora's Mask Young Link
Ghirahim
Tingle
Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik/Tetra
Vaati
Midna
Zant
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna

Metroid:
Ridley
Dark Samus
Anthony Higgs

Kirby:
Bandanna Dee
Knuckle Joe
Dark Matter
Rick
Prince Fluff
Nightmare
Magolor

Star Fox:
Krystal
Leon
Slippy

Pokemon:
Zoroark
Victini
Genesect
Meloetta
Keldeo
Mewtwo
Meowth
Pichu
Heracross
Deoxys
Plusle & Minun
Gardevior
Darkrai
Pokemon Ranger
2nd gen Pokemon Trainer
3rd gen Pokemon Trainer
4th gen Pokemon Trainer
5th gen Pokemon Trainer

F-zero:
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Mother:
Masked Man/Claus
Poo
Paula
Jeff
Ninten

Fire Emblem:
Roy
Krom
Lyn
Hector
Elliwood
Ephiram
Michaiah
Soren
Black Knight
Sigurd
Caeda
Leaf
Liz
My Unit

Kid Icarus:
Palutena
Medusa
Magnus

Pikmin:
Louie

New Series:
Little Mac
Isaac
Matthew
Saki Amamiya
Isa Jo
Starfy
Ray
Shulk
Kanan
Elza
Captain Rainbow
Tom Nook
Animal Crosser
K. K. Slider
Mii
Kalas
Alexandria Rovias
Chibi-Robo
Andy
Dillon
Jill Dozer

Retro:
Lip
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Duck Hunt Dog
Sheriff
Diskun
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Sukapon
Muddy Mole

Third-Party:
Mega Man
Proto Man
Bass
Zero
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Zack & Wiki
Phoenix Wright
Leon Kennedy
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Viewtiful Joe
Geno
Mallow
Neku Sakuraba
Lloyd Irving
Cless Alvien
Marina Liteyears
Crono
Magus
Duke Nukem
Slime
Sora
Cloud
Chocobo
Moogle
Professor Layton
Ryu Haybausa
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Dr. Eggman
Grey Fox
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Goemon
Rayman
Travis Touchdown
Pac-Man
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Earthworm Jim[/collapse]

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
On Gamecube Controllers:

Here's an idea! Like the classic controller, make the Gamecube controller able to connect to the Wii U or Wii controller via cable!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That'd work... if the slots were still there. They removed them in the new version of the Wii, and it's not hard to believe that it'll happen with the Wii U.

The good news is that the system can support more than one Wii U Controller.

yani_

Smash Ace
@yani and ---: See this and this.

For the first month, you vote for character(s) you want to see in the next round in which you can do it once a day. After a month, the votes are tallied up and whoever is the most wanted will go into the Top [insert number] in which they will be voted on for another month. Whoever makes it out of this group will be declared to be the most wanted candidates.

My variation of this plans to include everyone from this list and much more. Whoever makes it into the Top 20 will be put into a final showdown to see who are the five most wanted. The winner will be declared the most wanted.[Collapse="Character pool to pick from"]Super Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr.
Toad
Paper Mario
Waluigi
Rosalina
Daisy
Dr. Mario
Fawful
Birdo

Donkey Kong:
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Funky Kong
Cranky Kong

Yoshi:
Kamek
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi

Wario:
Captain Syrup
Ashley
Mona
Jimmy T
9-Volt
Kat & Ana

The Legend of Zelda:
Young Link
Majora's Mask Young Link
Ghirahim
Tingle
Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik/Tetra
Vaati
Midna
Zant
Skull Kid
Wolf Link & Midna

Metroid:
Ridley
Dark Samus
Anthony Higgs

Kirby:
Bandanna Dee
Knuckle Joe
Dark Matter
Rick
Prince Fluff
Nightmare
Magolor

Star Fox:
Krystal
Leon
Slippy

Pokemon:
Zoroark
Victini
Genesect
Meloetta
Keldeo
Mewtwo
Meowth
Pichu
Heracross
Deoxys
Plusle & Minun
Gardevior
Darkrai
Pokemon Ranger
2nd gen Pokemon Trainer
3rd gen Pokemon Trainer
4th gen Pokemon Trainer
5th gen Pokemon Trainer

F-zero:
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Mother:
Masked Man/Claus
Poo
Paula
Jeff
Ninten

Fire Emblem:
Roy
Krom
Lyn
Hector
Elliwood
Ephiram
Michaiah
Soren
Black Knight
Sigurd
Caeda
Leaf
Liz
My Unit

Kid Icarus:
Palutena
Medusa
Magnus

Pikmin:
Louie

New Series:
Little Mac
Isaac
Matthew
Saki Amamiya
Isa Jo
Starfy
Ray
Shulk
Kanan
Elza
Captain Rainbow
Tom Nook
Animal Crosser
K. K. Slider
Mii
Kalas
Alexandria Rovias
Chibi-Robo
Andy
Jiro
Jill Dozer

Retro:
Lip
Takamaru
Mach Rider
Duck Hunt Dog
Sheriff
Diskun
Balloon Fighter
Alice
Sukapon
Muddy Mole

Third-Party:
Mega Man
Proto Man
Bass
Zero
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Zack & Wiki
Phoenix Wright
Leon Kennedy
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Viewtiful Joe
Geno
Mallow
Neku Sakuraba
Lloyd Irving
Cless Alvien
Marina Liteyears
Crono
Magus
Duke Nukem
Slime
Sora
Cloud
Chocobo
Moogle
Professor Layton
Ryu Haybausa
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Dr. Eggman
Grey Fox
Bomberman
Simon Belmont
Goemon
Rayman
Travis Touchdown
Pac-Man
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Earthworm Jim[/collapse]
Ahh okay thank you, can't wait ! :bee:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: Oh o.k. that sounds like fun especially since by then all of the major games should have been released, except for maybe Uprising.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The only thing is that now Jiro's name is confirmed to be Dillon, so you may want to alter the list to reflect that, SSBF.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
[/code]Super Mario Bros.
Bowser Jr. -Yes!
Toad -Maybe... As an assist trophy?
Paper Mario -YES!!
Waluigi -I like him as an assist trophy, maybe if he gets another game in the future.
Rosalina -I like the idea. But idk.
Daisy -Alternate costume for Peach. Alternate costumes should change the name, but have the same moveset, etc.
Dr. Mario -Only if he's different.
Fawful -Don't see much potential
Birdo -Sure. Why not?

Donkey Kong:
King K. Rool -Yes
Dixie Kong -Alternate costume for donkey kong?

Yoshi:
Kamek -Assist Trophy?
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi -Assist!

Wario:
Captain Syrup -Never played the game, so idk
Ashley -Yes
Mona -No.
Jimmy T -Possible Assist
9-Volt -Assist
Kat & Ana -Assist

The Legend of Zelda:
Young Link -I prefer Toon Link
Majora's Mask Young Link -Not sure
Ghirahim -Who?
Tingle -Possible Assist
Toon Zelda & Toon Sheik/Tetra -Maybe
Vaati -No
Midna -Assist
Zant -Who?
Skull Kid -Assist
Wolf Link & Midna -Goes with the other suggestion

Metroid:
Ridley -YES!
Dark Samus -Alternate Costume
Anthony Higgs -Maybe... I don't really think so.

Kirby:
Bandanna Dee -Who?
Knuckle Joe -Assist
Dark Matter -Who?
Rick -Who?

Star Fox:
Krystal -Yes
Leon -Assist
Slippy -Get out.

Pokemon: (Deleted a bunch)
Zoroark -Either him or Darkrai
Mewtwo -RETURN
Plusle & Minun -Pokeball
Darkrai -Either him of Zoroark
Pokemon Ranger -How would he work?
2nd Pokemon Trainer -Yes. (I dont think we need one for each generation)

F-zero:
Samurai Goroh -Either him of Black Shadow
Black Shadow -Either him of Goroh

Mother:
Masked Man/Claus -Yes!
Poo -Assist
Paula -Who?
Jeff -Assist
Ninten -Alternate costume for Ness

Fire Emblem: (Deleted Everyone I don't know)
Roy -Sure, but different
Lyn -I liked her as an assist trophy.
Black Knight -Assist?

Kid Icarus:
Palutena -Maybe
Medusa -Maybe
Magnus -Assst

Pikmin:
Louie -Would he be different?

New Series:
Little Mac -YES I WANTED HIM IN FOREVER
Isaac -Yes. He was a terrible assist.
Matthew -I wish I knew who that was, I really do.
Saki Amamiya -See above
Isa Jo -Above
Starfy -Buff the assist. Keep him as one.
Ray -Custom Robo? Yes.
Shulk -Who?
Kanan-Again.
Elza -again.
Captain Rainbow -No.
Tom Nook -WHY DO PEOPLE WANT ANIMAL CROSSING
Animal Crosser -See above.
K. K. Slider -Again.
Mii -YES!
Kalas -Who?
Alexandria Rovias -Who?
Chibi-Robo -YES!
Andy -Assist.
Jiro -Who?
Jill Dozer -Assist

Retro:
Lip -Assist
Takamaru -Yes.
Mach Rider -Yes.
Duck Hunt Dog -Assist, lol
Sheriff -Maybe
Diskun -Who?
Balloon Fighter -Yes
Alice -Who?
Sukapon -Yes
Muddy Mole -Who?

Third-Party: (Took out who I dont know or definitly dont want) You choose if they're in the game or assist trophies. I have things to do.
Mega Man
Proto Man
Zero
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Phoenix Wright
Viewtiful Joe
Crono
Sora
Professor Layton
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow
Dr. Eggman
Grey Fox
Travis Touchdown
Pac-Man
[/code]
My thoughts in red

D

Deleted member

Sahfarry, correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't really a newcomer wishlist, but rather the character pool I'm planning on using to run "Top Roster Candidates".

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just like Ridley and King K. Rool, correct?
Ridley and K Rool are needed to complete their franchise, Toad is just an extra. Mario franchise is pretty done. Toad situation is like, meh.... we could add him. (Same goes for Junior and that disgrace PMario) K. Rool and Ridley are more bolded letters You missed me, now is the time to add.

Main Villains vs. supporting character.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, Shortie, obviously they are not needed because they have not been in any of the three games presently. I would also use the word need very seldom. There are very few characters that are actually needed, and half of the time need is subjective anyways so this debate really is moot. The only thing the next game truly needs is good direction.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Well, Shortie, obviously they are not needed because they have not been in any of the three games presently. I would also use the word need very seldom. There are very few characters that are actually needed. Half of the time need is subjective anyways so it really is moot. The only thing the next game truly needs is good direction.
Exactly. Was ROB needed? No. Was he added? Yes. It doesn't matter if the character is needed or not, it depends on if Sakurai wants them in or not.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Exactly the point Poppy. Congratulations. While not as valuable as Toise tokens, you do get some cool points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom