• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What? I thought the game wasn't out yet.

If people so much as to want to change stuff, they should boycott stuff they don't like until something they want gets in. These same people who whine about X being a costume will likely end up buying it.
Wait how did you get SS? I don't even think it's out in Europe yet and they're the ones who get it first.
I have my ways.
I'll post the concept real quick.

Lanayru Desert

This stage has two forms. The first form is a platform that. It's shaped like this

............_____
______
...........------------

The area below is quick sand. Characters will sink into it and you can't escape in free fall. Every so often, a time stone will activate and the quick sand will be grass that you can walk on. The platform in the middle will also move from left to right. Eventually, everything will return to desert and the platform stops. An alternative is that the time stone is on the stage and is activated (or deactivated) after taking so many hits.

The stage also has a nice view of the temple of time and the large triforce.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
do you work for a game magazine or something that reviews them? smashchu's a pirate? ....nooooo....

(im jelly of all of you for having next gen consoles (and handhelds))

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Smashchu: Jealous. :p

Also is it worth getting?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
do you work for a game magazine or something that reviews them? smashchu's a pirate? ....nooooo....

(im jelly of all of you for having next gen consoles (and handhelds))
Uhhh, another way.

@Smashchu: Jealous. :p

Also is it worth getting?
Depends. I actually hate the game. If you liked Spirit Tracks, than you'll love this. In my opinion, it's worse than Twilight Princess. I can go into more detail if you want.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Smashchu: Interesting, although I doubt I'll get it. I'm not a big Zelda fan.

Although seeing as you have it before the rest of us I'm pretty sure everyone else would like you to go into more detail.

My only question is Ghirahim: Yay or Nay?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997822-mario-kart-7/61005578

According to ONM, Mario Kart 7 only has 17 playable characters. They even go as far to say that while some of the "weirder" Mario Kart Wii newcomers (Dry Bowser, Funky Kong, Baby Daisy) have not returned, series veterans such as Waluigi and Toadette are gone too.

I find this very bizarre if this is the case, especially considering how the game has Waluigi Pinball as one of its retro courses. This is perhaps the first big Mario spinoff that Waluigi has been absent from in a decade. Also, if the roster is indeed only the 17 known characters, then that means that Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, and a DK newcomer are also not going to be in Mario Kart 7.

As you can tell from the topic, many are upset over the absence of Waluigi. Perhaps he will be Mario Kart 7's Mewtwo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nay. Unless he's tons more interesting than Zant, flavor of the month really doesn't do it for me. If he's in one game, him showing up won't do much. I'd rather have Vaati if we need another Zelda villain.

@Chronobound: I don't even see a reason to disclude him as is. I mean, 17 characters is a rather ODD number. Why not make it 18? It's a better number overall. Plus, he's gotten a cult following, so discluding him seems silly.

Even worse is that the one Rainbow Road we get... is the SNES version. Typical, right?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As you can tell from the topic, many are upset over the absence of Waluigi. Perhaps he will be Mario Kart 7's Mewtwo.
Interesting. Although I'd call him Mario Kart 7's Mega Man. lol

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
So if it is only 17 characters (the ones we already saw + Miis), then that means Bowser Jr. is gone as well?

Edit: Nevermind, I did not read the lower part of your post. :S

This is interesting as it is odd as to why Nintendo axed Waluigi so suddenly. I never liked him, but still this was unexpected. The disappearances of Toadette, Diddy, and Jr. are also quite odd.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Smashchu: Interesting, although I doubt I'll get it. I'm not a big Zelda fan.

Although seeing as you have it before the rest of us I'm pretty sure everyone else would like you to go into more detail.

My only question is Ghirahim: Yay or Nay?
Yeah. If your not a fan, avoid it. It's the same.

As far as Ghirahim, he's OK. He can work as a character, but the story writers and character designer can't pull him off. I'm Ok with him as Sakurai would do him justice.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Depends. I actually hate the game. If you liked Spirit Tracks, than you'll love this. In my opinion, it's worse than Twilight Princess. I can go into more detail if you want.
Not to your Malstromite tastes?

Whatever, I'm absolutely pumped for this game. I'm gonna study for my Monday exam on Saturday so I can play this game all day.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Could we get a direct roster quickly? I think they're only going for the new characters, and axing anything but the most important characters(supposedly), or only the playable ones.

...Which means Diddy should be there, not Daisy.

Peach, Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Toad, Wriggler, Daisy, Queen Bee, Shy Guy, Yoshi, Mii, and that's all I know. Who's left?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Could we get a direct roster quickly? I think they're only going for the new characters, and axing anything but the most important characters(supposedly), or only the playable ones.

...Which means Diddy should be there, not Daisy.

Peach, Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Toad, Wriggler, Daisy, Queen Bee, Shy Guy, Yoshi, Mii, and that's all I know. Who's left?
Mario Kart 7's confirmed (and perhaps final) roster:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Toad
4. Peach
5. Bowser
6. Yoshi
7. Koopa Troopa
8. Donkey Kong
9. Wario
10. Daisy
11. Shy Guy
12. Mii
13. Rosalina
14. Metal Mario
15. Lakitu
16. Queen Honey Bee
17. Wiggler

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Yeah. If your not a fan, avoid it. It's the same.

As far as Ghirahim, he's OK. He can work as a character, but the story writers and character designer can't pull him off. I'm Ok with him as Sakurai would do him justice.
Interesting, thanks for the info.

I guess Ghirahim is just another one shot character as predicted. But I do agree, if he does get in Sakurai would do him justice. For now though, we'll have to see other gamers reactions to him.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I admit I forgot some of the others. Also, Kamek could've been in easily over Koopa Troopa. After that, add Waluigi, Bowser Jr., and Diddy. Perfect roster right there. A nice even 20, lots of great choices too.

17, as I said, doesn't make a good number. Seems silly to have 17 instead of 18. I mean, Kamek/MagiKoopa was supposed to be in 64. Sad he has yet to get an appearance still.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing that the roster is meant to represent 16 characters if anything. Remember that Miis generally tend to be optional, and are only selected by the players (and not CPUs). Therefore, 16 characters (not the best number, but an even number regardless). 2 x of the original Super Mario Kart roster + Miis.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I finally buck up enough courage to check this place out, and everyone is discussing Mario Kart's roster... whatever happened to SSB4? I'm actually avoiding all Mario Kart discussion because I don't want the roster to be spoiled for me until I get the game. I realize that many of the new, bizarre, unexpected characters are being made playable and many veterans are getting cut (poooor Waluigi :( ), so I want most of it to remain a surprise for me.

Anyway, I've been so busy catching up with things in the Official Discussion Group (the cooler one) that I forgot about this place. So here I am. Let's talk Smash. It's been a while since I've had a good discussion/debate concerning SSB4.

yani_

Smash Ace
@HF it's supposed to be taken as a 16 character roster with Mii as a feature.

I would have loved Kamek as a character. E.Gadd too. He was supposed to be in MKDS. Now would have been a good time to throw him in with LM2 coming out soon

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't know why you expected otherwise, EVEN IF he is the main villain in the game, he's obviously not returning any time soon in the series. Considering he's never shown up in any past games.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We have been discussing Smash 4. Mostly Waluigi. Waluigi isn't in MK7, making it a notable topic and relevance. We're not that off-topic since it's about weird inclusions and disclusions.

@Yani: Same. E.Gadd needs more appearances as is. E.Gadd for Sm4sh! :troll:

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Funnily enough I don't have a rival in this thread.
I'll be your rival! As long as I've been here I've had rivals that have come and gone (Masterwarlord was a big one in the old SSB4 discussion group, if anyone remembers him), but I'm lacking one right now... and I kinda miss it.

We have been discussing Smash 4. Mostly Waluigi. Waluigi isn't in MK7, making it a notable topic and relevance. We're not that off-topic since it's about weird inclusions and disclusions.
To be honest, I've never taken the idea of Waluigi being playable in Smash seriously. I just don't think it will happen (maybe in SSB9 or soemthing...).

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
Hi Spydr, nice to see you back (I remember you, but I'm assuming that you probably do not remember me). You missed quite a lot as you can see...mostly the Mario newcomers discussions...Hopefully, we can see you back in action. ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If Junior isn't in MK7, HE WILL NEVER HAVE A CHANCE AT BEING IN SMASH EVER AGAIN.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Hi Spydr, nice to see you back (I remember you, but I'm assuming that you probably do not remember me). You missed quite a lot as you can see...mostly the Mario newcomers discussions...Hopefully, we can see you back in action. ;)
Of course I remember you! You were on my side during that dreadful Toad debate a few months back.

I did miss quite a lot... but hopefully I can get caught up!

Hey it's that Spydr guy.
Hey, it's... you!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Don't get caught up. It's not worth it. Far too many treacheries lie within the murky depths of the smash speculation community.

It's not like we haven't repeated discussion topics a million times over, we can afford to do it again...

...and again...

...and again.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Not to your Malstromite tastes?

Whatever, I'm absolutely pumped for this game. I'm gonna study for my Monday exam on Saturday so I can play this game all day.
I know you'll ride it off as Malstrom rambling, but take it from someone who has actually played the game. Again, if you liked Spirit Tracks, you'll like this. And it is worse than Twilight Princess. Just some stuff.

• Combat is iffy. It's OK, but if you are really for good sword combat, than go for Wii Sports Resort.
  • You will use Dowsing more than anything else. Every area has some item you will use this for.
  • The sky is 1/10 the great sea and has very little on it.
  • The surface levels are also small. Most of your time there is doing task. If you can do those quickly, the game is short
  • Dungeons are also short. The three I've played are about a third of any other Zelda dungon.
  • In terms of time, just note people have said they have beaten it anywhere from 20-25 hours, but we aren't sure yet.
  • Music is OK. Not great
  • The NPCs are basically those from Wind Waker. Designs are weird at best. if you think the characters looked great in that game, than they will look good here.
  • Bomb controls are iffy.
  • Beware the ending. I don't know it, but.......I've seen things.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

I guess Ghirahim is just another one shot character as predicted. But I do agree, if he does get in Sakurai would do him justice. For now though, we'll have to see other gamers reactions to him.
I don't want to say that. He appears way more than Zant did and he's way more of a threat. You fight him in the first dungeon and will see him throughout the game. The thing I was getting at is Sakurai is better at handling characters than the Zelda team.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I want to test his debating skills yo. Give us a smash topic!
I'm probably gonna be hitting the sack sometime soon... but I'll play along. :bee:

(WOW, this place moves faster than what I'm used too... not sure if I'm going to be able to handle it here for long.)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
ehh we'll be on even grounds then. It's 11:40 here, and I'm pretty tired to due to relationship related stress. That's besides the point though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom