• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly, I feel as Waluigi is in a different league from Paper Mario, Bowser Jr., and Toad. Paper Mario represents the Paper Mario series, Bowser Jr. represent a major part of the mainstream Mario series, and Toad represent a sidekick to Peach and Mario (especially when Luigi is not there). What does Waluigi represent? That is something I would like to know.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
@TheFirstPoppyBro: Yes, I'll do some movesets and then sent you!

@HyperFalcon: All kinds that I mentioned were not used in the final smash!!

And, Personaly I prefer Waluigi!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Arcadenik: I've never seen so much Toad in one place. :laugh:

@Waluigi: While I'd rather stay out of this, technically he can represent the Spin-Off series, similar to how PM represents the RPGs.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
What? I thought the game wasn't out yet.

If people so much as to want to change stuff, they should boycott stuff they don't like until something they want gets in. These same people who whine about X being a costume will likely end up buying it.
Its not officially but people have been pirating the game for a few days now.

Toadsworth should get in before toad does IMO :troll:

:phone:

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
@TheFirstPoppyBro
On that list of competition for Toad, I almost yelled, "YOU FORGOT PAPER MARIO!", but then I remembered that I consider Paper Mario its own franchise, and therefore would not be a Mario rep.
I knew someone was going to say this. :) Do not worry, I did not forget Paper Mario. I just felt that he is a different competition overall to the other three. PM gets in as a Mario RPG rep, I have no problem with his inclusion. However, as a Mario rep just does not make sense in my opinion.

@HyperFalcon

Like I said earlier, it does not matter whether you think it is THE Toad himself or a generic Toad. When most people see a Toad, they call it Toad just like how they may call a random Pink Yoshi and call it Yoshi. Toad, Yoshi, and the other generic characters are all the sole representatives of their species while being individuals themselves as well. If we get Toad with red spots and a blue vest in SSB4, we have THE Toad with all his colourations. Like how we got Green Yoshi or a random playable Pokemon character to represent their own species. What I am trying to say is that at least if we have the general image of the species looks like, then it does not matter whether you think if one member of a speices is not the other. There is very little differentiation between the species of Toads and Yoshis, so they can all easily be repped by one individual member of their species. Yoshi is the most recognizable member of the Yoshi species while Toad is the most recognizable member of the Toad species.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Sonic Poke: Ah.

As do I, for Waluigi that is. I always felt that a single character felt more personal to me than... a race of guys named the same, where there's barely a few notable ones. Honestly, it's the Toad Race that's notable, as the Toad doesn't do all that much in comparison.(which is widely different from Pikachu since he was first put in due to the Anime and all, and he still plays a major role there, despite also being a race)

Also, I'd prefer Toadsworth too. Atleast, you know, he's a very specific Toad and there's no interpretation of which games he specifically is in. We know what games he's specifically in. We can't say the same for the main Toad really.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm not sure if this has been brought up in this thread before but I think communities should be brought to smash4. For those of you who haven't been following mk3ds, communities are like groups that are created with specific rule sets for races. Anyone can join and it makes finding good opponents a lot less painful. This would be huge improvement over the current online system

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought just about everyone on message boards did that already, disfunkshunal.(hard name to type)

I see it on VGF, various stuff here, GameFAQs, etc.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@hyper
If me and you brawl right now we still have to set the rules and whatever. To my knowledge this system is different, we'd be able to jump right in with the rules already set.
That and with the current brawl with anyone system you're locked into 2 minutes, items on match. In a cimmunity I would be able to play against a random John doe with rule sets we both actually like

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@disfunkshunal
I think at the very least they could've given us a Stock Match option.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Eeewwwwwwwwww Waluigi. Toad is better. Enough said.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's not enough time to set the rules right. And my online's not available either. Anyway, this has nothing to do with Smash 4, so maybe we could make a Friend's Codes/Online Talk in the Back Room?

IMO, I think the rules you can make for Online Brawl was crap. Little time, few good options. I'm not against time or anything, but I'd like to be able to set my courses, and take out all items, etc.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
D

Deleted member

Communities sounds like a fun idea. If it's something like lobbies, I'm all for it.

(goes back into the shadow)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's not what I meant. I'm saying that specifically asking me about going for a game is off-topic.

I agree with the communities in general though.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
That's not what I meant. I'm saying that specifically asking me about going for a game is off-topic.

I agree with the communities in general though.
I don't think he asked you for a match. He used a match between the two of you as an example.

After all, he did say with communities, a match between you would have rules already set. He used said match as an example. JEEZUM.

Off-Topic Edit: I just noticed that Big the Cat is nowhere to be found in Sonic Generations.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Arcanedik was a great typo.

How UNFORTUNATE that Propeller Toad thinks Bowser Jr. would only use his paintbrush for one special move. And how UNFORTUNATER that Hyperfalcon still goes on about Shadow Mario.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He also talks about Waluigi like he's a godsent. That's more than unfortunate.

I say this a lot, but let's play the MARIO GAME!

Who is the most popular Mario rep? Toad Without a doubt.
Who is the most important storyline wise? Junior takes the cake with this one.
Who's the best Spin-Off representative? An RPG character, duh. Geno, Paper Mario, or even the returning puzzle vet Doc.

Waluigi falls short in EVERY aspect.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The two questions after Toad aren't even important, really. Toad is the best choice all around, but he's just not very interesting, something Sakurai apparently agrees with. Junior's only SAVING GRACE is that his paintbrush would be something really unique in Smash. They complement each other pretty well in that regard. Paper MARIO would DEFINITELY BE A MARIO SERIES CHARACTER, but I don't think much of his chances. He'd be really neat just to SEE, a style all of his own, but I don't think that translates into an interesting fighter all that well. I think the best thing for Paper Mario would be to get a stage.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, IMO, I think it's a competition between Jr. and Toad for the next Mario rep. I consider Paper Mario his own series, so while I want him in Sm4sh, I don't think he should be a Mario rep. He should rep his own individual series.

Edit: Well, JEEZUM, Oasis. You didn't have to yell. GAWSH. And he would be an interesting fighter. What with his hammer, his countless partners, flipping 2D to 3D... Seems like more than other ideas I've seen could do.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The two questions after Toad aren't even important, really. Toad is the best choice all around, but he's just not very interesting, something Sakurai apparently agrees with. Junior's only SAVING GRACE is that his paintbrush would be something really unique in Smash. They complement each other pretty well in that regard.
No way. Toad is for sure the best choice, but Junior has a lot more going for him than "Paintbrush". The two things that matter the most, Toad only wins one of them. (Importance and Popularity)

I would say Toad has an advantage, but to slight Junior and say he's nothing but a paintbrush is a little much. Also, being "interesting" is something important, but I feel like we can make ANY character sound interesting/cool to play as, so you might as well not bring it up TOO MUCH. Even if I agree Toad in general could be MUCH more boring than Junior.

I agree with the stage/PM thing.

Edit: Well, JEEZUM, Oasis. You didn't have to yell. GAWSH. And he would be an interesting fighter. What with his hammer, his countless partners, flipping 2D to 3D... Seems like more than other ideas I've seen could do.
Subjective boosh. You see Paper Mario playstyle, I see semi clone of Mario. Same goes for Krystal, UNFORTUNETLY. Although I would argue if WOLF ended up the way he is, Krystal has THAT MUCH MORE going for her. I still have hope for a Staff weilding Krystal for SSB4. It can happen. It must.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Jr. has done little more than Bowser as is. I found him interesting because of Shadow Mario. The ability to use gadgets and transform gives him tons of options. Just being him alone is silly. Plus, why not have more characters options.

I do agree that Toad just isn't that interesting outside of alternate media like the TV Show.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on importance. I mean, that just separates the notable characters from the unnotable. I guess that's the line between Waluigi and Junior/Toad. I really don't think anyone gives a damn that Junior was important to the plot of Sunshine. So yeah, I think he's just a paintbrush, and I don't think that's a bad thing.

AND NOOO INTERESTING IS MY FAVORITE WORD AROUND HERE. I mean, it's not like Sakurai is objective. He has to subjectively decided who is more interesting just like us. :troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
No way. Toad is for sure the best choice, but Junior has a lot more going for him than "Paintbrush". The two things that matter the most, Toad only wins one of them. (Importance and Popularity)

I would say Toad has an advantage, but to slight Junior and say he's nothing but a paintbrush is a little much. Also, being "interesting" is something important, but I feel like we can make ANY character sound interesting/cool to play as, so you might as well not bring it up TOO MUCH. Even if I agree Toad in general could be MUCH more boring than Junior.

I agree with the stage/PM thing.

Subjective boosh. You see Paper Mario playstyle, I see semi clone of Mario. Same goes for Krystal, UNFORTUNETLY. Although I would argue if WOLF ended up the way he is, Krystal has THAT MUCH MORE going for her. I still have hope for a Staff weilding Krystal for SSB4. It can happen. It must.
How could he be a semi-clone? The only move I see that could be cloned is Up Special, which could easily be changed to Parakarry or something like that. He COULD be a clone, but chances are, he won't because he's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Paper Mario has no fire. No cape. No FLUDD. Plus, surprise surprise, he is 2D. He couldn't possibly HOPE to do all the stuff regular Mario does.
I'm gonna go make a moveset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Paper Mario only really shares the ability to jump on people when it comes to regular Mario. He uses his hammer differently than regular Mario does. There's no reason for him to be a clone, or to even consider it besides him being a different version of Mario(which is very flimsy, as his body shape is ALSO different)

And it's not the paintbrush, it's the power to transform into a new character that's awesome. I can't see how Jr. will be terribly different from Bowser beyond that. He hasn't shown many differences amongst Bowser... besides his Paintbrush. That's what people aren't getting. He has unique items, an unique transformation, he's basically almost like Tails in a way.(smart, gadgets, slippery)

Krystal has a staff. Wolf doesn't. Your argument doesn't hold very well on that either. She actually has something he doesn't. Chances of her being a clone outside of the same Final Smash are pretty slim in general. Especially since she did more on foot than in an Arwing.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
AND NOOO INTERESTING IS MY FAVORITE WORD AROUND HERE. I mean, it's not like Sakurai is objective. He has to subjectively decided who is more interesting just like us. :troll:
If you're going to put THAT much emphasis on popularity, we might as well add three new Mario characters, four new Pokemon, and No F-Zero/Metroid stuff. :troll: If you want to sell Junior short, sell Toad the exact same way. But enough about those two, they're chumps.

THAT'S why I think subjectivity between us doesn't matter. He himself is an individual, and what he believes is interesting, unique, clone worthy ect is all HIS PERSONAL OPINION. So, yeah he is subjective like us, but the best WE CAN DO is try to predict what WE THINK he would do to characters.

That's why I have little to no hope for Paper Mario, on the very OFF chance he made it in.

Krystal has a staff. Wolf doesn't. Your argument doesn't hold very well on that either. She actually has something he doesn't. Chances of her being a clone outside of the same Final Smash are pretty slim in general. Especially since she did more on foot than in an Arwing.
For your first two paragraphs look above.

For your rant on Krystal, look above, and realize you're saying what I'm saying partly.

How could he be a semi-clone? The only move I see that could be cloned is Up Special, which could easily be changed to Parakarry or something like that. He COULD be a clone, but chances are, he won't because he's COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Paper Mario has no fire. No cape. No FLUDD. Plus, surprise surprise, he is 2D. He couldn't possibly HOPE to do all the stuff regular Mario does.
I'm gonna go make a moveset.
Look above.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't you think adding another 2-D character with a hammer is a little too much? :troll:
That was... actually pretty funny. Nice job, man.

Also, Bowser Jr. isn't any more fresh either. He's just basically Bowser Kid as a full character.(not to be confused with the Koopa Kids themselves)

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
How UNFORTUNATE that Propeller Toad thinks Bowser Jr. would only use his paintbrush for one special move. And how UNFORTUNATER that Hyperfalcon still goes on about Shadow Mario.
:/ Sorry about that. I just am unable to see Jr. to use his paintbrush in an overused way. However, I will not say that it is not impossible (I admit that some Jr. movesets I have seen are quite interesting :D).

Also not to bring this game up so much, but didn't anyone find that Nintendo (and Square Enix) made Toad pretty interesting to use with his projectile mushroom and spore counter moves in Mario Sports Mix? It was probably one of the more recent games that actually gave him unique characteristic traits. I personally think it would be nice to see a character who seems hopeless in appearance, but physically strong despite his size. Also mushrooms and spore based abilities are not something common in a fighting game in terms of special moves.

Of course, if you guys are talking about personality, then Toad wouldn't probably be one of the best cotenders here.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Toise wasn't funny before?

And I wasn't putting that kind of emphasis on popularity. >:
No, Toise is just serious. Your humor and way of approaching things makes it much more entertaining to watch someone get roasted.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Toise wasn't funny before?

And I wasn't putting that kind of emphasis on popularity. >:
Toise is funny in the way that he's mean, but people think it's funny. UNLIKE ME. Oasis can get away with it too. I don't think people realize you and I are similar in the way we poke fun.

I said IF :troll: I know you weren't. I'm just saying, Toad ain't hot ****. Goroh is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom