• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@laterlus
If Dixie was added as a dk rep duo would anyone be against her partner being tiny/kiddy and letting Diddy stay his own character

:phone:
reposting for the third time lol.

if sakurai does this then diddy gets to stay the same and we get another duo

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
There are a couple little things I want changed.

I want to be able to set the default rules.

I want to be able to save matches longer than 3 minutes.

I want the camera to zoom in a lot more.

I want Luigi's B> to go as far as it did in Melee when it exploded.

I want the red shell back.

I want the Motion Sensor Bomb to look the way it did in Melee.

I want the opening video to be a unique movie, not just a collection of cutscenes found in Adventure Mode.

I want the pictures to be JPEGs.

I want to use MP3s on the SD card for costume stages.

I want the Replays to be AVI or some other video format that computers can use.

And, of course, I want the CPU to actually pose a slight threat when set to level 9.

Just some things I would really like to see.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
If it came down to only one of these games being represented in Super Smash Bros 4

Which would it be?

One of The Last Story's seemingly main characters?
http://lvls.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/elza.jpg
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb255/shortiecanbrawl/ost.jpg

Or would you rather have XenoBlade's main character?
http://nintendoartwork.com/gallery/xenoblade/xenoblade-shulk-artwork-1.png
Definitely that girl in the white. Reminds me of Amy from Soul Calibur. http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/gamegirl/Images/Soul_Calibur/Amy/AmyConceptArt_SCIV.jpg

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I'm not hoping for Diddy to lose his move set (But I personally think the way he was design was less then perfect), I'm just hoping that Sakurai will at least get a third Donkey Kong character playable in some way or form and I love the idea of Diddy and Dixie Kong team. Hopefully next time they'll try again and succeed.
you would consider a duo as two reps? nothing wrong with it i just think of ice climbers/rumored plusle and minun as one rep since they take up one space.

D

Deleted member

@Shortiecanbrawl: I'd much rather have the Xenoblade character in the game.
you would consider a duo as two reps? nothing wrong with it i just think of ice climbers/rumored plusle and minun as one rep since they take up one space.
I don't consider it two reps in a series, just two characters. Donkey Kong would still have two reps, but three characters. The first rep is Donkey Kong and the second rep is the Diddy/Dixie Kong team.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Definitely that girl in the white. Reminds me of Amy from Soul Calibur. http://www.videogamegirlsdb.com/gamegirl/Images/Soul_Calibur/Amy/AmyConceptArt_SCIV.jpg
I'm more of a Cassandra guy myself, but yeah this girl is way cool. I hope she's important enough to get into Smash. But I have no idea. The Last Story has yet to be released to the US.

He's my second pick. I'm not a big fan of the Male character from The Last Story.

D

Deleted member

Unfortunately, The Last Story is technically third-party, so in that case, Shulk is pretty much our only choice, but I prefer him anyway.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@smashbrosfan
why would you hope for diddy to lose his solo moveset? he is good the way he is.
WHY?

Because it would offer something interesting as a tag duo, plus uniqueness as well, IMO they work better that way, and what better way to include another DK rep as Diddy's partner, not to say Diddy wasn't good, but felt like he was missing something.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure?
I've heard that it's Mistwalker's personal property, just that Nintendo published it. On the other hand, they technically do own Xenoblade.
OmegaXVII said:
Because it would offer something interesting as a tag duo, plus uniqueness as well, IMO they work better that way, and what better way to include another DK rep as Diddy's partner, not to say Diddy wasn't good, but felt like he was missing something.
You've put my thoughts into better words. That's why I felt that Diddy was less then perfect. I'm sure Sakurai recognize this and wants to correct it in the next installment.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm more of a Cassandra guy myself, but yeah this girl is way cool. I hope she's important enough to get into Smash. But I have no idea. The Last Story has yet to be released to the US.

He's my second pick. I'm not a big fan of the Male character from The Last Story.
Do you happen to have SCIV on PS3? I'd like to play you even though I kinda suck.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I don't consider it two reps in a series, just two characters. Donkey Kong would still have two reps, but three characters. The first rep is Donkey Kong and the second rep is the Diddy/Dixie Kong team.
why do you want three characters but not neccessarily three reps. i can understand wanting three reps and settling for three characters when you ind out one's a duo but just wanting three characters in any shape or form seems wierd. Idk though =/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I've heard that it's Mistwalker's personal property, just that Nintendo published it.
I just keep hearing it be reffered to as "Nintendo's The Last Story has yet to show a NA release date" and so on. I'm pretty sure Xenoblade is owned by Nintendo though.

Do you happen to have SCIV on PS3? I'd like to play you even though I kinda suck.
I don't, I haven't avidly played that series since SCII and SCIII. Hopefully the new soul Caliber comes out on the Wii U though.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
I've heard that it's Mistwalker's personal property, just that Nintendo published it. On the other hand, they technically do own Xenoblade.
Yup, I'm pretty sure this is the case. They don't "technically" own the Xenoblade series, they DO own the Xenoblade series. This is because they bought out the company that owns the series a few years ago from Namco.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yup, I'm pretty sure this is the case. They don't "technically" own the Xenoblade series, they DO own the Xenoblade series. This is because they bought out the company that owns the series a few years ago from Namco.
If that's the case that's sad because I like The Last Story's artstyle for more than Xenoblade's. (I haven't played either so this ia ll i can really base it on)

D

Deleted member

why do you want three characters but not neccessarily three reps. i can understand wanting three reps and settling for three characters when you ind out one's a duo but just wanting three characters in any shape or form seems wierd. Idk though =/
Not at all what I'm saying. Three reps would be great. It's just that I think Diddy and Dixie would be great together and if they did that, I would be okay with just two slots because at least that means three Donkey Kong characters are represented as playable in some way or form. The only thing that would make the series better is if they added King K. Rool in as well, which would be equally as awesome.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I've noticed that SSB has addressed and corrected the problems of its predecessor. Here are some of the problems with:

Melee
-6 clones out of 25 characters. 1 was a semi clone, making it 6.5. In total, 12/25 fighters have extreme similarities.

-Most characters can't return to the stage due to their UpB. The 8 that are guaranteed are Fox, Pikachu, Zelda (not Shiek), Kirby, Jigglypuff, Peach and DK in some cases.

-Kirby's throws can be broken out of (in mid animation) due to lack of hands.

-A lack of stages make some characters essentially homeless, and other stages are used to fill the role. Ganon (Brinstar Depths), Roy (Final Destination), Young Link (Jungle Japes despite Great Bay being his stage), Bowser (Rainbow Cruise), Dr. Mario (Kingdom 2), Mewtwo (Battlefield), Link (Great Bay on All Star) and Pichu (Four Side) are examples.

-Bodies of water have no effects on fighters. This makes Jungle Japes and Great Bay seem strange because the fighters float like bricks in the water.

-CPU opponents can't detect motion sensor bombs, and stay in place (horizontally) when using a Warp Star.

I can keep going but I'll stop here. You'll notice that many of these problems were corrected in Brawl, and despite that, the 3rd game has problems of its own. I'm confident that SSB4 will correct Brawl's dilemmas. Can you guys add to this as well as a list for Brawl? I'll start on SSBB's flaws eventually.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I think Nintendo kinda have the rights to use Last Story characters. Think of it how Nintendo could use Sin & Punishment characters when the game was developed by Treasure, a 3rd party developer.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Seriously. Would be perfect on Halberd, or the Holosseum stage that Starphoenix made up.

Like I mentioned earlier the thread.[/obvious]
I'd think the Kirby music would go best in conjunction with a Kirby stage. Only reason Sin and Punishment and the one Advance Wars track were included was due to my doubtfulness that both series would receive an individual stage if no character were playable. As I believe only one out of the three series listed will have a representing stage. Megaman Battle Network was just too perfect to pass up on assuming Megaman were playable.

OmegaXXII

Well look at the Ice Climbers, were they considered as two reps in both Melee and Brawl? chances are they weren't

What SSBFan is trying to say is that Diddy/Dixie would count as 'one' rep even though it consists of two characters.

D

Deleted member

@BirthNote: Here's a small list of flaws for Brawl:

- Terrible online mode.
- Tripping.
- Some characters were less then great to play with. Three examples: Ganondorf, Toon Link, and to a lesser extend, Diddy Kong.
- Clone issues. Not as bad as Brawl, but I can think of six semi-clones right off the top of my head; Luigi, Ganondorf, Lucas, Toon Link, Falco, and Wolf.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Not at all what I'm saying. Three reps would be great. It's just that I think Diddy and Dixie would be great together and if they did that, I would be okay with just two slots because at least that means three Donkey Kong characters are represented as playable in some way or form. The only thing that would make the series better is if they added King K. Rool in as well, which would be equally as awesome.
Are you sure because it sounds like thats what you're saying. "Three reps would be great", "...I would be okay with just two slots because at least that means three Donkey Kong characters are represented as playable in some way or form" Either way its not important

@omega
i said that same thing a couple posts ago -_-

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
@BirthNote: Here's a small list of flaws for Brawl:

- Terrible online mode.
- Tripping.
- Some characters were less then great to play with. Three examples: Ganondorf, Toon Link, and to a lesser extend, Diddy Kong.
- Clone issues. Not as bad as Brawl, but I can think of six semi-clones right off the top of my head; Luigi, Ganondorf, Lucas, Toon Link, Falco, and Wolf.
You forget extreme nerfing, slowed down speed, floatiness, and Meta Knight.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
@SSB Fan and Beninator: I generally agree with that.

Anyway what if, they prioritize K.Rool because of appearances/importance and add him instead of Dixie because of the 'solo or tagteam' disagreements? If someone can prove that Diddy and Dixie have teamed up more than DK and Diddy (twice in the DKC series alone) and also backup their inabilty to stand on their own (especially with games like Diddy Kong Racing and Dixie Kong's Double Trouble), I will agree that Diddy and his girlfriend should be played together.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Quick question:

Which Nintendo series, and only Nintendo series, do you guys feel deserve to have more reps? Mario already have 6 (I'm counting Yoshi and Wario in the Mario series, cause let's be honest, they belong in it). Zelda got its main 3.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Speaking of Xenuo, does Nintendo own Xenosaga now? I wasn't the biggest fan but KOS-MOS would be pretty damn cool. It also had some pretty good music

D

Deleted member

Quick question:

Which Nintendo series, and only Nintendo series, do you guys feel deserve to have more reps? Mario already have 6 (I'm counting Yoshi and Wario in the Mario series, cause let's be honest, they belong in it). Zelda got its main 3.
Out of the already represented franchises, just Donkey Kong.

Barbasol

Smash Ace
Metroid deserves two. (+1)
Starfox deserves two. (-1)
Kirby is perfect as is.
Pokemon should be +1
Mario could be anywhere from parity to +2 and feel comfortable.
Fire Emblem and F-Zero is fine as is, but reasonably could go +1.
Earthbound probably only needs 1.
DK probably deserves three.
Warioware, Yoshi, Pikmin, Gyromite, Kid Icarus, Ice Climbers, Metal Gear, Sonic, are all good at one rep.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Quick question:

Metroid, and arguably Donkey Kong. Not that that the rest couldn't use another character.

D

Deleted member

Beninator said:
You forget extreme nerfing, slowed down speed, floatiness, and Meta Knight.
Meh, these didn't bother me much at all. I did notice a slower speed, but not by that much. I see what you're saying, thought.
Chidosengan said:
I actually think the Mario series deserves five rep. So do these franchises:

- Donkey Kong (Three slots, King K. Rool)
- Metroid (Two slots, Ridley)
- Pokemon (Five slots, Victini and Mewtwo/Meowth/Lucario stays)
- Kid Icarus (Two or three slots, Medusa and Palutena)

Note that these are overall amount of slots, not an increase in slots.

Would be great, but not necessary if these franchises get rep:
- F-zero (Two slots, Samurai Goroh)
- Star Fox (Four slots, Krystal)
BirthNote said:
Anyway what if, they prioritize K.Rool because of appearances/importance and add him instead of Dixie because of the 'solo or tagteam' disagreements? If someone can prove that Diddy and Dixie have teamed up more than DK and Diddy (twice in the DKC series alone) and also backup their inabilty to stand on their own (especially with games like Diddy Kong Racing and Dixie Kong's Double Trouble), I will agree that Diddy and his girlfriend should be played together.
Either a Diddy/Dixie Kong team or King K. Rool would be great additions to the franchise, but having both in would be just perfect.

refugee

Smash Journeyman
Quick question:

Just off the top of my head. (Only going to talk about series already in)

Metroid series just needs Ridely
Pokemon series just needs to take a character out (Lucario) and put 1-2 characters in.
F-Zero series needs at least one character.
I guess the Zelda series can take Toon Link out and add a actual unique character in.

D

Deleted member

refugee said:
I guess the Zelda series can take Toon Link out and add a actual unique character in.
They should either make Young Link unique, put in the almost guarantee unique Fierce Diety Link, or put in a newcomer with potential to be unique (Ghirahim). But I think Zelda is fine with four reps, they should concentrate in giving Ganondorf a good unique move set (Toon Link as well).

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
They should either make Young Link unique, put in the almost guarantee unique Fierce Diety Link, or put in a newcomer with potential to be unique (Ghirahim). But I think Zelda is fine with four reps, they should concentrate in giving Ganondorf a good unique move set (Toon Link as well).
*cries*

S-someone who supports Fierce Deity Link besides me! I never thought I'd see the day!

*sniff*

I give you the internets sir! And hugz if you want them. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

*cries*

S-someone who supports Fierce Deity Link besides me! I never thought I'd see the day!

*sniff*

I give you the internets sir! And hugz if you want them. :awesome:
Yeah, Fierce Diety Link would be great. Too bad that we'll probably never get him in, which is a shame because Zelda doesn't deserve two semi-clones.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think you guys are crazy if you thinkg any series besides DK/Metroid NEED'S any other characters. I want more for them, but they don't need them. I think I'm going to whip up a SSB4 Minimalistic roster.

IF smash came out with a DS spin-off title, would you guys have liked the roster I built a year ago? The rules for this spin-off was that all characters must have been in a handheld game. Also, think of this as the Portable equivalent to Smash64.

http://simonisthebeast.deviantart.com/gallery/25602484#/d2ru3w6

Just something I stumbled upon.

OmegaXXII

Quick question:

Good question,like you mentioned Mario already has sufficient but adding another such as Toad or Wart wouldn't hurt, besides Wario isn't considered part of the Mario Franchise.

Aside from that Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus definetly need more representation, some that come to mind are:

DK Series:
K. Rool

Fire Emblem:
Caeda
Black Knight
Hector

Kid Icarus:
Medusa (want her bad!!)
Palutena

These are just a few, of course others like Ridley from Metroid are needed as well.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Now let's switch up the conversation a bit!

Which Nintendo franchise, and only Nintendo franchise apply, that HASN'T been introduced to smash yet deserves it the most? We got:

Golden Sun
Legend of Starfy
Glory of Heracles
For the Frog the Bell Tolls
Balloon Fighter/Kid
StarTropics
Custom Robo
Xenoblade
Soma Bringer
A.S.H
Last Story

And so on. Feel free to add to the list.

Also, how many reps do you think they deserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom