• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Right. This is pretty much why we have so many Balloon Fighter supporters. Remember that rumor where Balloon Fighter was allegedly in the Melee beta before he was swapped out for Ice Climbers?

With that said, I don't mind a playable Balloon Fighter but I think Tingle would be a better fit because he has so much more moveset potential compared to the Balloon Fighter... and he would represent his own spin-off series instead of Zelda series (same with how Yoshi, Donkey Kong, and Wario represent their own spin-off series instead of representing Mario series).
Speaking of Beta, do we have any sort of "Melee" forbidden seven?

I like Tingle because he will be unique, and still will be able to fill in that seemingly unfillable fifth legend of Zelda slot. In general I think a lot of crap that Tingle gets is dumb. He's funny, and is supposed to look stupid. That's his intent. It's like being angry because Mario acts like such a main protagonist. I see why people hate Krystal, mind you I think their rage is placed wrongly. Waluigi and Duck Hunt hate all has some sort of reasoning behind it, but Tingle's hate never made sense to me.

The "can't be hated" rule was broken by Sakurai when he added:

Waluigi to the AT's
Tingle to the AT's
Krystal to the Starfox level

I think the rule more applies to characters who in general aren't recieved well. We won't be seeing many "WART4SSB4! sigs" IMO. Because he is just not well liked period.

Now I just need to submit it to Sakurai or apply for a position with Project Sora. :p
Put in a good word for me~

I saw that Retro was hiring and it made me wish I was already done with my schooling and actually qualified to be interviewed x(

D

Deleted member

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: I'm curious, why did you say that Ray MK III had relevancy issue but yet you put Saki Amamiya in as a potential Assist Trophy character upgraded to playable character?
My only reason for saying that was due to Sin and Punishment having a sequel within the past year or so where as Custom Robo's last game was about 4 years ago. It also had to do with the fact that Saki Amamiya looked to be the closest AT to actually being playable. So it was just a matter of several ideas together. Not saying a Ray model cannot get in, but I'd expect Saki to become playable first. Boo. :(

Also, Starphoenix, I'd say add this to the My Music list. For whatever reason, it reminds me of Battle Revolution's soundtrack, and vice versa.
My Music list? Is that a specific thread?

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I'm curious, why did you say that Ray MK III had relevancy issue but yet you put Saki Amamiya in as a potential Assist Trophy character upgraded to playable character?
There hasn't been a Custom Robo game in four years, the franchise isn't especially popular, working in any customization would be a nightmare, take your pick.

That being said, I'm confident we'll see.

I should really stop barging into conversations, shouldn't I?

My Music list? Is that a specific thread?
I meant with your stage.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Shortiecanbrawl said:
I think the rule more applies to characters who in general aren't recieved well. We won't be seeing many "WART4SSB4! sigs" IMO. Because he is just not well liked period.
Well guess what pal?

I'll be doing that NOW!!

I have to be optamistic!

@SSB Fan: Indeed Dixie has considerable high chances, who knows what role Sakurai has in store for her, but I'm guessing it's going to be something good.

:phone:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It bears mentioning that Nintendo put out a Balloon Fight game starring Tingle for Club Nintendo members a few years ago. Gameplay for proof.
Tingle's Balloon Fight is the reason why I think Tingle would make a better Balloon Fighter than the generic Balloon Fighter. At least he wouldn't be useless if his balloons popped. Here's some ideas I borrowed from the Tingle Tuner item in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

B: Tingle Bomb
If used on the ground, Tingle just places a bomb on the spot he is standing on. If used in the air, Tingle drops a bomb straight down. This is loosely inspired by the Super Bomb in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Side B: Tingle Shield
Tingle raises a shield like Nayru's Love while launching himself across the air like Luigi's Side B move. This would allow Tingle to zoom across the air while deflecting projectiles/attacks and attacking them. This is loosely inspired by that move M. Bison makes when he set himself on fire and fly across the stage in the Street Fighter games.

Up B: Tingle Balloon
Tingle inflates his balloon and starts to fly around with it. It is like Pit's Up B move. Press B while flying and Tingle will drop the bombs like a bomber plane.

Down B: Tingle Watch
Tingle wears a pendant with a watch attached to it. This special move creates a small force field that surrounds Tingle. Tingle is flashing in many colors while the force field follows Tingle. Anyone who enters inside the force field are slowed down by time, allowing Tingle to beat them up. This is loosely inspired by the Clock item in the original Zelda NES game.

Final Smash: Kooloo-Limpah
Tingle does his Kooloo-Limpah dance and then starts to fly around with his balloon and shoots enemies with Rupees. The Rupees are shot rapidly from his hands like a machine gun. It controls like Diddy Kong's Final Smash but you must hold down the B button if you want to shoot Rupees constantly. This is based on what Tingle did in the final boss fight against Uncle Rupee in Tingle's Rupeeland.

As for his A moves, I think he could fight similar to Jigglypuff, floating with his balloon and doing his variation of Wall of Pain.

D

Deleted member

ChidoSengan said:
I want to play that game so bad now. Too bad there's no one on a translation patch of sorts. It'll be impossible to finish without knowing where to go.
Lots of games Japanese exclusive should be on the VC worldwide. If they can do it for Sin & Punishment, they can do the same for the two Custom Robo games.

OmegaXXII

So this was Brawl's beta roster, before Sonic's inclusion?
Interesting.
Pretty much a roster with what Sakurai intended as a final roster in 2005, before Sonic's inclusion.

Interestingly enough, Dixie and Diddy were originally going to be paired up, but Dixie got scrapped due to difficulties.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Lots of games Japanese exclusive should be on the VC worldwide. If they can do it for Sin & Punishment, they can do the same for the two Custom Robo games.
Thing is, unlike S&P, they didn't have to translate a lot, just a couple of menus and tutorials. The entire dialog was already in English.

Games like Custom Robo and the Fire Emblems are very text heavy, and from my understanding the VC is out to keep the games without much modifications. As awesome it would be to actually get those games translated officially, I don't see it happening.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sure. I liked the achievements system. I think it could be refined and expanded, with more unique challenges and some characters could even be unlocked through achievement chains.
The Kirby Air Ride checklist has been an interesting feature for Brawl to utilize.

However, Kirby Air Ride randomizes the positions of the checklist tasks, so that they're not always in the same spots. Of course, the objectives that you can't use the purple boxes on are always placed in the same spots.

Basically, if the checklist idea comes back, the objectives should be randomized for each game data file. That way, you can't rely on guides to figure out which is which. Of course, the tasks that are immune to Golden Hammers would never have their spots randomized.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Thing is, unlike S&P, they didn't have to translate a lot, just a couple of menus and tutorials. The entire dialog was already in English.

Games like Custom Robo and the Fire Emblems are very text heavy, and from my understanding the VC is out to keep the games without much modifications. As awesome it would be to actually get those games translated officially, I don't see it happening.
Well Nintendo has been remaking the Marth saga in Fire Emblem, why not just remake Custom Robo and/or Custom Robo V2 for the 3DS?

Listening to all this Custom Robo music makes me want to open FL Studio and start practicing the "Super Sweep" style and put something out for OCRemix.

OmegaXXII

Shucks man, I've always wanted to play Marth and Roy's plot of classic FE games, but looking at it this way, it won't happen, I wish they did it for the 3DS at least.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Shucks man, I've always wanted to play Marth and Roy's plot of classic FE games, but looking at it this way, it won't happen, I wish they did it for the 3DS at least.

Well for the Fire Emblem games, there are really good fans translations available. Google them. There's one for FE12 on the works I believe. I think Sin & Punishment got one too. I would link you to a page that has a bunch of fan translation, but I afraid that's not allowed here.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Tingle's Balloon Fight is the reason why I think Tingle would make a better Balloon Fighter than the generic Balloon Fighter.
I just went and bought the game on Ebay. I'm more essscited than Rebecca Black.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Why? Because he clearly wasn't replaced by Lucario, anyway look at this:

https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/15390

It's an intereting topic concerning Brawl's development, roster, character models, stages etc...
I wasn't going to read a wall of text, so I ctrl+f'd Mewtwo. The only things found were in a few comments, and I'm not bringing up the big Mewtwo data debate again. I vote Skull Kid gets in for SSB4 :3.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Not everybody hates them, just the hardcore competative scene, but overall they add excitement to what it would have been boring without it.

No, my cousins play pretty much only on FD and Battlefield, and they play with 20 stocks, the damage ratio on 2.0, all items on very high, and with four players, so yeah, more than just competitive people dislike stage hazards.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only gimmick stage I never cared for is Spear Pillar. Loathe that stage.
Spear Pillar isn't too bad when it's Dialga or Cresselia that appear on the stage. It's when Palkia is around that makes things go haywire.

You see, Dialga only tilts the stage slightly, while Palkia can rotate it up to 180 degrees. Also, most of Dialga's moves aren't too disturbing, while Palkia's can easily mess you up at times.

OmegaXXII

Super Smash Bros. Fan said:
Also, this menu music should be in SSB4.
EPIC!!

Love how fast paced it is, can't wait for Kirby Wii.

@Bluesupersonic1: I didn't just mean the competative scene, of course there are a bunch of casuals who will take hazards as distractions. :/

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@smashbrosfan
why would you hope for diddy to lose his solo moveset? he is good the way he is.

D

Deleted member

@smashbrosfan
why would you hope for diddy to lose his solo moveset? he is good the way he is.
I'm not hoping for Diddy to lose his move set (But I personally think the way he was design was less then perfect), I'm just hoping that Sakurai will at least get a third Donkey Kong character playable in some way or form and I love the idea of Diddy and Dixie Kong team. Hopefully next time they'll try again and succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom