• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I want Scizor and Onix back as Poké Ball Pokémon. And Zapdos. And Hitmonlee.

:phone:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just want Qwilfish as a new Poke Ball in general. I made a rough idea of it once before...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shorts: Four ways to play: WiiU Tablet, Wii remote, Wii remote + Nunchuck, DANCE PAD.
Dig it, the dancing Queen.

I would be the first pro to use strictly my feet as controllers.

I would main the stupidest character, Queen Bee for sure, and I would have a posse of disco dancers who play this song for me. When the chorus comes along I put my hands in the air religiously and shed tears of win, and love.

That's an unlockable version of the song.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
It's a possibility, if we do I could see it being someone like Waddle Dee or even Tingle.
Probably. I can't really see anyone else suggested here being a joke character.

Except maybe DHD. :troll:

yani_

Smash Ace
@Yani: To be fair, Kingdom Hearts is heavily connected to Disney as well. Many Stickers and Trophies would be related, and I'm not sure it's very easy to get Disney to agree to that. I'm pretty they're kind of stingy about those things.

Regardless of who owns Sora, is it really worth the money? Especially when there's Geno(or Mallow), Dragon Quest, and Final Fantasy characters all primed and ready.

Here's hoping for FFVII through IX to get a Wii remake so we could actually see those characters. Vivi, Squall, both interesting characters. Joking aside, because I know that won't happen, there's a ton of FF characters available.

Also, if we're going beyond obscure, there's Flying Dragon characters like Ryuhi.
I'm looking at it him as Square's because Square as you know made SMRPG, and everything other than the Mario characters are owned by Square (Mallow,Geno,Smithy etc) so I think it's that same scenario. But I may be wrong. I'd take Geno over Sora in a heart beat though. Geno is my most wanted, but I'm not sure as to how it would work out with him. What would his icon be? :O

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I'm looking at it him as Square's because Square as you know made SMRPG, and everything other than the Mario characters are owned by Square (Mallow,Geno,Smithy etc) so I think it's that same scenario. But I may be wrong. I'd take Geno over Sora in a heart beat though. Geno is my most wanted, but I'm not sure as to how it would work out with him. What would his icon be? :O
Well, for his icon, he could use the symbol that flashes when he uses magic. Like how Peach has a heart symbol flash, and how Mallow(I believe) has a club.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I want Queen Bee. For reals.

Queen Bee > Waluigi

Geno's Icon, Paper Mario's Icon, and Luigi's Icon would all be the exact same.

yani_

Smash Ace
Well, for his icon, he could use the symbol that flashes when he uses magic. Like how Peach has a heart symbol flash, and how Mallow(I believe) has a club.

Yeah Mallow has the club. I don't think Geno has one though. Mario has a Spade, and I THINK Bowser has a diamond. Cant remember though /facepalm

Nintendo buy Geno plz

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yeah Mallow has the club. I don't think Geno has one though. Mario has a Spade, and I THINK Bowser has a diamond. Cant remember though /facepalm

Nintendo buy Geno plz
Actually, now that I think about it, doesn't Geno have the star flash when he uses magic.

Also, Shortie: No. Paper Mario would have like a Pure Heart. Or Tippi. Or a hammer.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes, but this is a different scenario here. It's Disney and Square-Enix, not Nintendo and Square-Enix. Disney still has a say since it's referencing a game they took part in. And Disney is just that stingy.

SE is not. I'm sure they'd be fine with having Geno and one of their own IP's in SSB. Geno still counts as a Mario character, even if Third Party.

Likewise, it's better to look for someone that isn't part of two companies, and just one. Sora's chances are small due to copyright issues that'll easily come up.

Color Man EXE

Smash Rookie
Queen Bee as a character for Super Smash Bros. 4. If Queen Bee is too big for that, then they will modify her. That's what I think.

yani_

Smash Ace
Yes, but this is a different scenario here. It's Disney and Square-Enix, not Nintendo and Square-Enix. Disney still has a say since it's referencing a game they took part in. And Disney is just that stingy.

SE is not. I'm sure they'd be fine with having Geno and one of their own IP's in SSB. Geno still counts as a Mario character, even if Third Party.

Likewise, it's better to look for someone that isn't part of two companies, and just one. Sora's changes are small due to copyright issues that'll easily come up.
Oh wow I doof'd big time there, didn't get what you were saying at first :psycho: props HF!

BUT to make matters clear, I can care less about Sora being in, it was just an idea for fun :awesome:

ElvishSpirit

Smash Apprentice
I will never understand the appeal of Geno, but I guess thats because I've never played the RPG. He is a (honestly, think about it) obscure Mario character who has seen no release other then that one game. Its not like they are bringing back Geno to hit a couple balls or be on a tennis court all the time.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Oh wow I doof'd big time there, didn't get what you were saying at first :psycho: props HF!

BUT to make matters clear, I can care less about Sora being in, it was just an idea for fun :awesome:
I know he'd be awesome in Smash. I'm just a realist, that's all.

Hell, most Final Fantasy characters could have an awesome moveset, even Cloud. But eh.

yani_

Smash Ace
I will never understand the appeal of Geno, but I guess thats because I've never played the RPG. He is a (honestly, think about it) obscure Mario character who has seen no release other then that one game. Its not like they are bringing back Geno to hit a couple balls or be on a tennis court all the time.
You should definitely play it, such a great game. I'm sure he would've appeared in all of the sports/karts games if Nintendo owned him. Mallow too. Geno made a cameo appearance in one of the M&L Saga games. I wonder why they did that though..

This would have been awesome.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Beautiful pun. But yes, I want them. I can't see a single reason not to have them. I even often incorporate them into my movesets. Pressing Z in the Air(or whatever the Throw button is) to do it.

Only note is that you can't press A + Shield in this case to activate it because you'll either Air Dodge or do an Air A attack. Which is most likely why they don't exist outside of Tethers.(although they're not throws, it was probably thought about)

PaulBlue

Smash Rookie
Light shielding was removed because only the gamecube controllers could do it. I think.
On the topic of air grabs, it'd be nice if tether grabbers could keep their z-airs. Just make the first few frames of the attack into grab frames and the rest into attack frames. I think it could work like that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Kantrip: The problem is, you have an Air Dodge as you press L/R. You have to time your presses beyond exact to get the Throw off. This is not easy, and further makes the gameplay more difficult. Sooo... why would they create a very difficult move to do?

Likewise, it does screw with Tether Recoveries from Throws.(Link, Young/Toon Link, Samus, ZZS(I think))

PaulBlue

Smash Rookie
Do many people prefer A+Shield for grabs? I only use it to grab out of shield. Otherwise, I just use Z.
Air grabs could just have an entirely different button input, but I guess that would be tedious. Although there are two Z buttons on the classic controller, so maybe one could be for ground grabs and the other for air grabs. I don't honestly know how it would work out for wiimote+nunchuck combo...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Kantrip: The problem is, you have an Air Dodge as you press L/R. You have to time your presses beyond exact to get the Throw off. This is not easy, and further makes the gameplay more difficult. Sooo... why would they create a very difficult move to do?

Likewise, it does screw with Tether Recoveries from Throws.(Link, Young/Toon Link, Samus, ZZS(I think))
Not necessarily. That's like saying SF or BlazBlue grabs are tough because they require LP+LK and B+C respectively for inputs. I didn't have a problem with either of these from day one, and I was just starting out with traditional fighters with SF4.

On Air Grabs, I think it has to be done just right. We can have air grabs where both characters fall down together or toss the opponent anywhere but downward. Any others are a no-no as they can easily be broken. For tethers, do Forward + Shield +A in the air. Same for on the ground. Also, not every character needs to have air grabs. Some games have that for everyone, but other games like Street Fighter put air grabbers in the minority. In fact, Chun-Li, Guile, Cammy, El Fuerte, Ibuki, Guy, and Hakan are the only characters with air grabs, aka only 7/39 characters have it.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Crybabies. That's what I hear.

@Poppyseedmuffin I don't know what you're talking about but Paper Mario was ruined for me by this thread. The Knight is darkest before the John.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
Yo Kuma, about your analogy, you state it as if everyone understands the mechanics as you described. Or even tried the games for that matter.

I think that there will come a time that you will accept the role of encouraging others to try different games as an alternative to simply relating one to another.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Crybabies. That's what I hear.

@Poppyseedmuffin I don't know what you're talking about but Paper Mario was ruined for me by this thread. The Knight is darkest before the John.
It was earlier when you were like, "Geno, Paper Mario, and Luigi would all have the same icon." And I was all like, "Whaaaaaaaaat?!" And then I was suggesting possible icons for Paper Mario.
How did this thread ruin Paper Mario for you? I'd like to know because I probably missed it.

PaulBlue

Smash Rookie
@KumaOso I like your ideas for air grab tethers, but it's a bit complicated for a smash game and I'd hate to see tether grabbers miss out on air grabs, or anyone for that matter.
Instead of Shield+A, how about air grabs use Shield+B? That's a pretty simple fix for air grabbing, isn't it? If that were the case, everything would work pretty well.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not necessarily. That's like saying SF or BlazBlue grabs are tough because they require LP+LK and B+C respectively for inputs. I didn't have a problem with either of these from day one, and I was just starting out with traditional fighters with SF4.

On Air Grabs, I think it has to be done just right. We can have air grabs where both characters fall down together or toss the opponent anywhere but downward. Any others are a no-no as they can easily be broken. For tethers, do Forward + Shield +A in the air. Same for on the ground. Also, not every character needs to have air grabs. Some games have that for everyone, but other games like Street Fighter put air grabbers in the minority. In fact, Chun-Li, Guile, Cammy, El Fuerte, Ibuki, Guy, and Hakan are the only characters with air grabs, aka only 7/39 characters have it.
Except those don't have a programmed "throw" button by default. So it's not the same scenario. A simple move like an Air Throw, which is a main move, needs to be accessible as possible. Since it's too easy to screw up by pressing two buttons, only one is needed, but two combinations exist. Also, not every person uses the GameCube or Classic Controller, so they need to use the Wii Remote. An Air Throw using two buttons alienates players because of the simplicity of the controls. It's definitely an issue as is.

And now that we can't use GameCube Controllers on the Wii U, and not everyone will have a Classic, it's a bad idea to make a harder to use move. That's going backwards.

I love the idea, but I can't see how it would benefit the game with its current state.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Knock opponent off ledge > jump off > Grab them > Toss them into blast line.

I can see a problem with that.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It was earlier when you were like, "Geno, Paper Mario, and Luigi would all have the same icon." And I was all like, "Whaaaaaaaaat?!" And then I was suggesting possible icons for Paper Mario.
How did this thread ruin Paper Mario for you? I'd like to know because I probably missed it.
People who think Paper Mario is a godsent. People who think Paper Mario > Regular Mario Franchise, and Paper Mario = non-clone.

All reality, he's 100% clone material, plain and simple. Look at Toon Link, Doctor Mario, Falco, Lucas, ect. Anything similar has a chance of being a clone, and anything with the same name HAS been a clone. BUT, if you don't mind clones/semi-clones then this point doesn't totally matter.

Mostly, I find it silly to pick a spin-off character over a non-spin off character, but I guess it's not a terrible choice. If we're going to pick an RPG character, seriously...make it Geno.

And yeah, it would be a Mario symbol, most likely. *Looks at Doc an TLink*

Knock opponent off ledge > jump off > Grab them > Toss them into blast line.

I can see a problem with that.
How different is a grab from an air attack?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Except those don't have a programmed "throw" button by default. So it's not the same scenario. A simple move like an Air Throw, which is a main move, needs to be accessible as possible. Since it's too easy to screw up by pressing two buttons, only one is needed, but two combinations exist. Also, not every person uses the GameCube or Classic Controller, so they need to use the Wii Remote. An Air Throw using two buttons alienates players because of the simplicity of the controls. It's definitely an issue as is.

And now that we can't use GameCube Controllers on the Wii U, and not everyone will have a Classic, it's a bad idea to make a harder to use move. That's going backwards.

I love the idea, but I can't see how it would benefit the game with its current state.
This.
Also, we can't use Gamecube controllers on the WiiU? DANG IT! FRICK! I never even got used to the Wii-Remote...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom