• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I have a good feeling about Custom Robo this game. I mean it was odd that he would have 3 trophies to the franchies and the most you got was an assist trophy. And with this "customization" word going around can mean even more for "Custom" Robo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Reading the thread, I've noticed a misconception going around. People claim Sakurai said that he didn't just want 50 characters and double the amount of stages, when in fact, he said he wasn't presented with the choice between 50 characters, double the stages, or really nice graphics on the expansive Wii U, whereas this issue comes up on the 3DS. Sakurai has stated he doesn't -just- want to add characters, but considering the Wii U disk's large size, a large roster is far from out of the question.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm also very curious as to where people get these numbers that Sakurai wants '50' or more, double
stages, etc... without solid evidence of being mentioned, It bothers me...really.

:phone:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm also very curious as to where people get these numbers that Sakurai wants '50' or more, double
stages, etc... without solid evidence of being mentioned, It bothers me...really.

I honestly just go, "Well roughly 10 more roster spaces is probably the optimistic maximum..."

Since we got about 39 characters, I just figured 49-50 tops. ._. I have no numbers behind it.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Honestly, the more characters the merrier. I've always been a big supporter of having more characters, even if some lower-priority ones are added and are somewhat Luigi-ish. MvC2 had a lot of characters, even though that was still a blast regardless.

Honestly, the more characters the merrier. I've always been a big supporter of having more characters, even if some lower-priority ones are added and are somewhat Luigi-ish. MvC2 had a lot of characters, even though that was still a blast regardless.
Actually, everyone here supports that. Some people here has a pessimistic view towards the roster though.

OmegaXXII

I honestly just go, "Well roughly 10 more roster spaces is probably the optimistic maximum..."

Since we got about 39 characters, I just figured 49-50 tops. ._. I have no numbers behind it.
Well it seems fair enough when you say it that way, it's only fair we get a couple more characters after previously seeing 39.

It's just bothering when people state it without any reason whatsoever.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
By the way, here are the links I referenced above:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii-u/actio...how_msgs.php?pid=633202&topic_id=m-1-59377123 - Sakurai claims he is not forced to choose between 50 characters, doubling the stages, and creating awesome graphics on the Wii U

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/09/iwata_asks_smash_bros/ - Sakurai claims only adding 50 characters and doubling the stages does not constitute a new Smash game

Although he may not, Sakurai never says he won't add a whole lot of content on the massive Wii U disk. He will simply add plenty of things we -don't- want alongside it (SSE, new Chronicle, etc.) in order to justify the sequel in his own mind.

Well, I just hope they don't keep going down the "realistic" direction, because there's a point where that stops being... okay.
Nintendo can't go realistic because it wouldn't fit the series such as Mario, Pokemon, etc. since it has cartoon like graphics. The realism suits only metroid, fire emblem and zelda. Maybe the graphics should be as detailed as the Zelda Wii U tech demo.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Does anyone feel like Ness could get cut? I remember a lot of people thought he was getting cut in Brawl. I hope he does so that leaves a slot open for the Masked Man. >:V

Dumb "original 12" rule. u3u

Ness, Ike, Lucario, Falco, Toon Link... Are these the characters with the most to fear from the cutting block?!

Does anyone feel like Ness could get cut? I remember a lot of people thought he was getting cut in Brawl. I hope he does so that leaves a slot open for the Masked Man. >:V

Ness, Ike, Lucario, Falco, Toon Link... Are these the characters with the most to fear from the cutting block?!
Ness? Cut? I don't think so. He doesn't have to be part of the O12 to stay in SSB. It doesn't feel the same without him. He's been in SSB ever since until now. Cutting him is like cutting Jigglypuff. That means your leaving Lucas with this masked man.

I don't think Falco is getting cut either. Toon Link and Ike, I'm not sure. I don't know any possible FE rep after Ike. Toon Link might be replaced with Young Link.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
People would say something like "Ness was meant to be cut from Melee, but Mother 3 was delayed so Ness remained." Makes sense I GUESS. But yeah, he's been in for so long, it'd be really weird to cut him now. Besides, he's the only international icon of the Mother series. (And of course I want to leave Lucas with the Masked Man. Don't you know who he is?! He is...
Claus! Lucas's brother! The final boss of Mother 3!
)

I don't think Falco would get cut either, but since he's only a luigified clone of Fox, I figured I'd lump him in there. Wolf at least only borrows Fox's specials conceptually. Plus he's a villain so he has that going for him... So if you just had to cut a Star Fox character I figured it'd be Falco. :V

Toon Link, I dunno. Something is going to happen with him. Whether its a new moveset or being replaced with another Link, who knows. Could be replaced with a new character, but I couldn't think of who. Don't want it to be Tingle. I GUESS I COULD GO BACK TO SUPPORTING MIDNA + WOLF LINK.

I really hope Ike isn't cut. But lately I've been feeling like he'd be cut for a future lord. Perhaps it'll always be Marth accompanied with the most recent FE lord.

Then you have Lucario... :V

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I really hope Ike isn't cut. But lately I've been feeling like he'd be cut for a future lord. Perhaps it'll always be Marth accompanied with the most recent FE lord.
The most recent lord in FE is ..... Marth. No seriously.

But if we got back to FE10 we got Micaiah and.... Ike. Yeah, it's gonna be Marth and Ike again, no one from FE is getting cut or added.

OmegaXXII

We can't name which FE will actually be represented, but we can't certaintly take Ike out of the picture just yet, even if the PoR and RD sold poorly in Japan, that reason alone won't justifice for his chances of getting cut.

As for Toon Link, I'd say his chances are 50/50 along with YLink, being that both will have titles on the 3DS, so we can't exactly say for sure who will appear.

Falco might see his return once again, but personally I prefer just Fox, Wolf being an Antagonist, and maybe even Krystal who I don't really support, but definetly diverse from Fox's playstyle which is always good.

Sakurai not wanting to double the roster, stages, etc... will most likely leave fans expecting more than what we are likely to actually get (MvC3 comes to mind). We this in mind I rather expect less like say 44/45 characters rather than 56/57 and getting crushed at the end knowing it didn't turned out the way I wanted.

That's my view on the roster.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The most recent lord in FE is ..... Marth. No seriously.

But if we got back to FE10 we got Micaiah and.... Ike. Yeah, it's gonna be Marth and Ike again, no one from FE is getting cut or added.
That's why I think we'll be seeing a future lord. A new FE is surely in the works. If Roy can get in before his game is even released, so can this future douchebag lord.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: You know what, I'm going to extend that Custom Robo battle song, that was awesome.
berserker01 said:
Throwback stages (Brawl): 8 - 10
SSB 4 stages: 50 - 55 I guess.

That's 58 - 65 stages
I think we could see anywhere from 15-20 past stages from all three games, although I'm not really expecting it.
Oasis_S said:
They should increase the amount of tripping, and make it so that there is a random chance of Captain Falcon coming out of no where to FALCON PUNCH you. This is an instant KO and cannot be avoided.

Also they should make it so that when you trip, you can scoot around on your booty. Like crawling, but while on one's bum.
There's no point in tripping. People don't like this at all, it does nothing to help the game. Get rid of the extra frustration and let us fight as we wish without interruptions like this.
Master Rapier said:
I have a good feeling about Custom Robo this game. I mean it was odd that he would have 3 trophies to the franchies and the most you got was an assist trophy. And with this "customization" word going around can mean even more for "Custom" Robo.
I don't think "customization" means anything to get Custom Robo in. Nevertheless, I really do hope this guy gets in and I think he has a decent chance of appearing, since he was an Assist Trophy.
vVv Rapture said:
Totally this. I would be fine with 44 slots, but I would be very happy if they exceeded this and I don't see why not.
BKupa66 said:
Although he may not, Sakurai never says he won't add a whole lot of content on the massive Wii U disk. He will simply add plenty of things we -don't- want alongside it (SSE, new Chronicle, etc.) in order to justify the sequel in his own mind.
I don't think we're getting a new SSE-like story on the Wii-U, that's more of something that he's planning to put on the 3DS.
berserker01 said:
Nintendo can't go realistic because it wouldn't fit the series such as Mario, Pokemon, etc. since it has cartoon like graphics. The realism suits only metroid, fire emblem and zelda. Maybe the graphics should be as detailed as the Zelda Wii U tech demo.
I didn't notice realistic visuals in the game at all, just that characters gets much more details then in other games.
Oasis_S said:

If Ness gets cut, Lucas will be the only Earthbound rep. They won't be replacing Ness. And beside, it's stupid to cut him and he's almost guarantee to come back anyway.

Ike stands almost zero chance of getting cut because of his starter clause and Falco is very unlikely as well. Toon Link might lose his spot to Young Link and Lucario unfortunately looks to be replaced, which is a shame because I like this guy.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
That's why I think we'll be seeing a future lord. A new FE is surely in the works. If Roy can get in before his game is even released, so can this future douchebag lord.
Is there one in the works? I've searched around and I have not seen any news. Hell, I just want FE12 to come out to NA already. It's been a year and still no FE news!

D

Deleted member

@OmegaXVII: Read this quote:
Sakurai said:
- "I could make 50 characters, or double the stages, or make everything prettier (graphically), but with the WiiU I don't have to choose just one of those options", while he runs into that problem with the 3DS, "maybe something fun like the original smash bros." adding something about a handicap.
While we may not receive 50 characters/doubling of the stages, or better visuals on the Wii-U version, all three are certainly plausible.

You are right about keeping our expectation modest. This is why I am only assuming 44 slots so I don't end up heavily disappointing myself and I could even be pleasantly surprised.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is there one in the works? I've searched around and I have not seen any news. Hell, I just want FE12 to come out to NA already. It's been a year and still no FE news!
Unless Fire Emblem suddenly died, we can assume one is in the works, but we just haven't heard of it yet. :p

By looking at release dates, it seems they've been releasing games every 2 years? It's been almost a year since the last FE game. So probably by next summer we'll at least hear of it, if not play it ourselves. Sm4sh hasn't even begun development... THIS IS ALL JUST A LOT OF ASSUMPTIONS ON MY PART, but I would be surprised if they didn't have the new lord's design (pretty much all Sakurai would need, lol) ready by, what, October?

If not, cool. I can continue fighting for my friends and not giving anyone my sympathy.

There's no point in tripping. People don't like this at all, it does nothing to help the game. Get rid of the extra frustration and let us fight as we wish without interruptions like this.
What are you, a robot?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
D

Deleted member

Ah shucks,...

BTW, very nice find there. I think this is a very good to keep in mind. Considering that I think we'll see at least one character cut from Brawl in SSB4 come back, since the Wii-U has more to work with, I can see Sakurai successfully doing this this time around since we have more to work with on the Wii-U.

@L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s: Mewtwo is not a clone.

@Starphoneix: May take a look at those music later on. I also think that if we get a stage on Custom Robo, we will almost certainly see Ray become playable since he's fighting capable.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoneix: May take a look at those music later on. I also think that if we get a stage on Custom Robo, we will almost certainly see Ray become playable since he's fighting capable.
If you do listen to "Capsule Holloseum" first, my recommendation. ;)

People would say something like "Ness was meant to be cut from Melee, but Mother 3 was delayed so Ness remained." Makes sense I GUESS. But yeah, he's been in for so long, it'd be really weird to cut him now. Besides, he's the only international icon of the Mother series. (And of course I want to leave Lucas with the Masked Man. Don't you know who he is?! He is...
Claus! Lucas's brother! The final boss of Mother 3!
)
[/SIZE]
I don't know much about mother and I didn't know the masked man was Claus.

I'm sure Ness will stay.
Douchebag?

Lol.
I didn't notice realistic visuals in the game at all, just that characters gets much more details then in other games.
That's the point. Not much realistic visuals. It feels wrong for SSB to have uncharted graphics.
What are you, a robot?
It's just that tripping is a useless feature. One of Sakurai's failed attempts to make SSB realistic. Despite all the hate for tripping, I have this tiny feeling that it might come back in SSB 4.

His avatar is a robot.

D

Deleted member

If you do listen to "Capsule Holloseum" first, my recommendation. ;)
Already did. That really does sound like music played in the late 1980s - early 1990s (No I'm not referring to video game music, but mainstream music, my personal favorite)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Already did. That really does sound like music played in the late 1980s - early 1990s (No I'm not referring to video game music, but mainstream music, my personal favorite)
Yeah that is the wonder of Shinji Hosoe and his sound team (Ayako Saso and Yousuke Yasui). They make some of the best electronic music period. We need those tracks in the next Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Douchebag?

Lol.
He'll be a douchebag if he cuts Ike out of Sm4sh. >8O

It's just that tripping is a useless feature. One of Sakurai's failed attempts to make SSB realistic. Despite all the hate for tripping, I have this tiny feeling that it might come back in SSB 4.
But my post was so blatantly silly, I don't see why he'd quote me if he was going to make a serious point. :V

Captain Falcon appearing every time you trip? C'mon now.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Custom Robo, I just found a Japanese let's play of Custom Robo V2. Didn't know they did that over there too lol.

Check it out!
Not really a fan of spoiling myself in watching Let Plays.

That said, I do want to get the Custom Robo games for the N64. Unfortunately, I lack a N64 and I'm putting my spending money for the Wii-U so unless the Wii-U looks to suck (Which so far, it looks very good with a few major issues here and there), I probably won't be able to get a N64 until I'm out of college (Which is around six years, senior in high school upcoming fall). :sad:

But my post was so blatantly silly, I don't see why he'd quote me if he was going to make a serious point. :V

Captain Falcon appearing every time you trip? C'mon now.
He's the serious type :)

My only problem with the Wii U is those circle pads >_<

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

That said, I do want to get the Custom Robo games for the N64. Unfortunately, I lack a N64 and I'm putting my spending money for the Wii-U so unless the Wii-U looks to suck (Which so far, it looks very good with a few major issues here and there), I probably won't be able to get a N64 until I'm out of college (Which is around six years, senior in high school upcoming fall). :sad:
Or how about Nintendo makes a new Custom Robo game and rehire Shinji Hosoe and his team to do the music?

Found a good video. Graphically this game was pretty good for the N64: http://youtu.be/6-r2cnNRh3k http://youtu.be/g7_KSWFNg5s

Dangit, watching all these Custom Robo clips is making me want a new game. I mean if they can make a sequel to Sin and Punishment why not Custom Robo? I'm sure the Wii U could benefit from an arena robot fighter game. :(

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

Well, you could probably get the Gamecube's custom robo that came out NA for about 12 bucks or the one for DS. They're pretty much the same from what I heard, so save yourself some money.

Also, regarding to the U, don't worry about it. Remember it's still in development and not much has been revealed. The controller could change before release (remember the PS boomerang?).

OmegaXXII

He's the serious type :)

My only problem with the Wii U is those circle pads >_<

Don't worry about it too much, you could always use the Classic Pro, or if anything Nintendo will come to there sense and make an 'optional' controller specifically for smash, just like Mario Kart Wii for example or Zelda Skyward Sword.

D

Deleted member

Well, you could probably get the Gamecube's custom robo that came out NA for about 12 bucks or the one for DS. They're pretty much the same from what I heard, so save yourself some money.
Yeah, I found CRA at GameStop for five bucks a few months ago. I definitely recommend.

Back on-topic, the obvious Custom Robo stage is a Holosseum, maybe without the walls that keep fighters in, so it could more of a floating platform thing. I could see at least two stage hazards: The cannon that fires the cubes the robos start off as, and a couple of Custom Robos that come from those cubes, duking it out while the Smashers are doing so too.

Yeah. I bet nintendo will change those circle pads into analog sticks since the Wii U is getting a lot of 3rd party support.

@Omega: It's not smash I'm talking about. It's the console itself. Then again, I think nintendo will change those circle pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom