• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wario is very appealing.
Sometimes I just nickname his Fartio. And to be fair, everybody has their own fetishes. Sometimes sadly so.

At the very least, any fans of Boogerman probably got their fix with Wario. :p

And anybody else had Snake and Zero Suit Samus for Fanservice.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It was more of a jab at Chrono for once arguing that Krystal is an unappealing character. I'm pretty sure Tingle has his own charms too.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
It was more of a jab at Chrono for once arguing that Krystal is an unappealing character.
A lot of people find the image of anthro-fox in a bikini disturbing or "squick". So yeah, Krystal does have some appeal issues. However, there is a vocal minority that is very into that sort of thing...

Also, Wario is definitely appealing. I don't know why he gets so much hate (he has TWO great series under his belt for crying out loud).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A lot of people find the image of anthro-fox in a bikini disturbing or "squick". So yeah, Krystal does have some appeal issues. However, there is a vocal minority that is very into that sort of thing...

Also, Wario is definitely appealing. I don't know why he gets so much hate (he has TWO great series under his belt for crying out loud).
Krystal has the appeal of just being a female in general, also being the most recurring female StarFox character, and the love interest of the main character. Plus, she has her own meme. Not just the furries, honestly.

As for Wario, most people don't like his Brawl self. He was normally a greedy platforming character with tons of cool forms and such. Instead, he was turned into a gross plumber for no good reason. I mean, was the Wario Waft really needed? At all? There could've been many possible moves via his transformations. But they chose to give him... a giant fart. It's gross.

I don't know. I'm fine with him but I'd prefer his Wario Land version.... (Because if he does, I'm betting that a Wario Land moveset will nerf him bad).

But I hate playing against him.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Chrono: Well, you're pretty good at generalizing, but I really doubt that sort of stigma would cross the mind of the majority of people who buy Smash. If the bikini is the problem, then that sort of thing wouldn't keep a character out. Pretty easy to whip up a new costume design.

FUNNY STORY ABOUT WARIO APPEAL: My friend wouldn't even play with me online if I chose Wario. "He's too gross." WHAT A WEIRDO.

FUNNY STORY ABOUT WARIO APPEAL: My friend wouldn't even play with me online if I chose Wario. "He's too gross." WHAT A WEIRDO.
I really don't care about the "grossness" of Wario's farts. It's just un-smellable pixelated fart that is flat unless you watch it in 3D but the wii can't go on 3D.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

1. Original
  2. Red
  3. Blue
  4. Green
  5. Yellow
  6. Light
  7. Dark
  8. "Femme" color
  9. Palette Swap 1 (Daroach)
  10. Palette Swap 2 (Gooey)
  11. Random color

Bandana Dee was so fun to color (:

Krystal's Assualt outfit is much cooler anyhow.

[COLLAPSE="Krystal"]
[/COLLAPSE]

@Oasis No because most people find Monkeys to be creepy.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When I see a Toad IRL, I just get soooo annoyed. Like, why can't it just be a frog?!

Basically, most people don't find anything wrong with Krystal outside of the internet community. I have a whole family of gamers, kids and parents alike don't see anything wrong with the StarFox crew. I have a cousin who "mains" her on SFA. She's just a "pretty girl" character to most.

POOP IS USUALLY PINK. ...in digimon..

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
@Iblis- Oops lol, I derped :oneeye:

I forgot to mention no blue-haired women, either (Bulma, Good Launch and that one dumb bimbo, she was Krillin's ex).
C'mon. Dude, Trunks is pretty cool, hell since Dragon Quest has a chance at Smash and Akira Toriyama draws and designs them, I'd say Trunks should be slipped in with Dragon Quest don'cha think? :cool:

:phone:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
C'mon. Dude, Trunks is pretty cool, hell since Dragon Quest has a chance at Smash and Akira Toriyama draws and designs them, I'd say Trunks should be slipped in with Dragon Quest don'cha think? :cool:

If we got a Dragon Quest character, I wouldn't mind a Shout-Out costume similar to Blood Falcon or Daisy. It wouldn't be color coded, but it's be neat.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Funny pic, but I disagree...

One's a mercenary, one's a bandit. Sounds like a good buddy cop story if you ask me. :p
After seeing this pic; I'd say Ike and Goroh should return, pretty good looking pic there, although I rather have Bkack Shadow instead even though he's probably less likely, actually, why is Goroh more likely than Black Shadiw anyway? I really don't why people say that his chances are higher even though Goroh is the rival or whatnot, there hasn't even been a sequel to GX so.....

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
GOOD. Toad s wearing a frog suit. Trying to please me. BUT IT ANGERS ME BECAUSE HE'S TRYING TO DECIEVE ME.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been gone for awhile, been getting rdy for halloween... So what's going on? Any news yet? Or shall I return to my mystery dungeon?

D

Deleted member

Been gone for awhile, been getting rdy for halloween... So what's going on? Any news yet? Or shall I return to my mystery dungeon?
Skyward Swords has been receiving universal acclaim. If it turns out to be the next OoT, we could get a character out of it.

@ToiseofChoice: Do you think there are any shoe-ins for SSB4 and if so, who do you think they are?
How much do you expect from the roster? And while you're at it, do you think a 6th gen over a 5th gen is a possibility?

@ChronoBound: Nice find, but I'm not sure who would count as someone appealing in Sakurai's eye aside from Saki Amamiya.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Skyward Sword should influence Link's moveset to I feel. Make him less clumsy as he is (and frankly, always was). Link is running and jumping just as atletic as Mario now, so I hope he'll be a fair bit faster. Especially if we aren't getting a young / Toon version this time maybe (as regular Link would actually be 'Toon Link'). Also, I'd like if Link's move you know... link up better (imagine the sword combos in TP for example, or how Toon Link's Fsmash works in Brawl). Oh and please allow Bomb Arrows to happen in Smash (does anyone know if they are in Skyward Sword? They rocked in TP, even though it was overpowered)!

Also I want a similar thing happening to Samus. Buff up her projectiles (for example, make her Charge Shot uncharged stronger and being able to "hold" a full charged shot pressing B while moving, and make it 'aimable' by tilting say, 45degrees upward and 45degrees downward aiming like in the 2D Metroids- could change her whole way of playing as her) cause the missiles in Brawl suck (speed should stay like in Brawl, but should pack way more punch in lower %s and should do more damage I feel). For the rest she could stay like she was in Brawl (not too many good physical finishers to balance her out, and make her maybe easier to combo). I imagine it being 2000x more fun to play as as Samus is now. Also, Morph Ball mode for down B please?

I want Ness to play more true to his game as well. Lucas has a better moveset to represent the series I feel with his PSI-powered tilts and Smashes I feel. If they want to keep him more physical, I'd at least give him more moves involving his bat. Would buff him up a lot by giving him a disjointed hitbox and more range / power.

And DK should have his awesome roll from DKCR. Could replace the Headbut for all I care. Would maybe help for recovery, and give him a faster approach (DK was always the 'fast heavy weight' or so I feel).

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Skyward Swords has been receiving universal acclaim. If it turns out to be the next OoT, we could get a character out of it.
Damn... Look's like I need to get back into this, shouldn't I? I read on this game, and I've heard about rumored Vaati and crapjunk like that. The real question (dunno if neone knows yet) is who IS this newfound enemy? Gannondorf isn't coming back so I hear, so who could it be..? Not that creepy Ghirahim guy, the new one.

Anyone but Ghirahim, please.
Why is it that most of our choices oppose to each other?

Skyward Sword Link would be awesome

[collapse=Lazy moveset]SPECIALS

B - Bow and arrow

> B - Flying Beetle

^ B - Spin attack

v B - Bomb

ATTACK CHANGES

A - Rapid slashing
F-smash - Sword beam[/collapse]

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Darn beetle... Also anyone looking into Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes? Serebii pratically confirmed it, due to the ever-so-obnoxious Twitter T_T

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Anyone but Ghirahim, please.
^This. Ghiraham seems like a one-time villain.

To be totally honest I'm only expecting
SS Link
SS Zelda
SS Sheik (Regardless of if she's in SS)
OoT3D Ganondorf
Toon (Handheld) Link

I mean who would they add? Tingle? ...Okay probably, considering he's had THREE solo games now including Balloon Fight DS...Ugh.

Why does Miyamoto hate Waluigi but love Tingle? I know Waluigi wasn't made by him, but come on...

Darn beetle... Also anyone looking into Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes? Serebii pratically confirmed it, due to the ever-so-obnoxious Twitter T_T
There's nothing to look into. As far as the public knows, they're about as far in development as Smash 4. (Which is to say they haven't even started.)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
There's nothing to look into. As far as the public knows, they're about as far in development as Smash 4. (Which is to say they haven't even started.)
I figured as much. How about a new Mystery Dungeon? Anyone know any news on this? That game can hit Sm4sh if you really think about it. Mystery Dungeon was the first PKMN company made game that allows you to play as a talking PKMN. Plus they have... Adventures :awesome:

@Beskerker I know what it is. It just shows that Legend of Zelda is becoming futuristic. Trains, post offices, leather pants, and now mechanical beeTles? Jebus...

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
I figured as much. How about a new Mystery Dungeon? Anyone know any news on this? That game can hit Sm4sh if you really think about it. Mystery Dungeon was the first PKMN company made game that allows you to play as a talking PKMN. Plus they have... Adventures :awesome:
I love Mystery Dungeon but I don't think it's gonna get a mention in Smash 4 outside of a scarf-wearing Pikachu costume.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I love Mystery Dungeon but I don't think it's gonna get a mention in Smash 4 outside of a scarf-wearing Pikachu costume.
I can think of more opportunities. Example is Primal Dialga. Awesome boss fight, right there. Also, for camos, I made a couple of Victini/Other mixes. Example is Pikachu and Jigglypuff.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm not saying the game's gunna be bad. In fact it's GOING to be good. Worth my time to buy, anyways. OoT 3DS-I beat it in a week. Now on Master Quest.

I'm making an awesome Moveset for Scrafty. It'll be done in a couple of days:

I found out this PKMN is actually very likely.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
@Beskerker I know what it is. It just shows that Legend of Zelda is becoming futuristic. Trains, post offices, leather pants, and now mechanical beeTles? Jebus...
Have you ever played Zelda? Switches, Levers, Automatic Doors & Gates in Ancient Temples no less, Robotic Bomb Mice (Bombchus (Been around since N64)), Zelda's ALWAYS been rustic with modern elements. Since like Zelda 3.

Oh and of course reviews are out for Skyward Sword, the gaming media gets all games a week before the public to review them & it was released in stores 4 days ago.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Because there isn't. There never was. If there was, why would they make so many options?

And he knows that not everybody can get up to 4 players at all times. Otherwise, we'd be forced to have 4 players in every match. The rest would be computer. Why can we have 1 on 1 if it's not available? Up to 4 players =/= Can only be played as 4 players. Also, checking the website, it says "Player 1-4". Not "4 Players". You're misquoting his intention. The game is meant for tons of possible scenarios. And all of them are fun options. I'm not speaking for the competitive side here, actually.
Your assuming that just because you can change the game that the balance is focused around that.

Take this for example: say I take SF4 and I make the time 60 seconds rather than 99. Or I turn Ultras off. Or make it to where you have two Ultras. Or maybe remove EX attacks. All of this going to change the balance because the game was designed for 99 seconds, about one Ultra per match (although it possible to squeeze two out) and with EX moves (the meter). Changing those would obviously change the balance of the game. Or what about Starcraft 2. What if you got 8 gas per min rather than 4. The game would be a lot different. These things change the balance. While there are options to change things, this does not mean they considered it when balancing. The design team can not try to make thousands of scenarios balanced with a limited development time. So they focus on one. It's clear that 4vs with items and stages are what they balance. If we assume they use competitive standards, than why is Link nerfed from Melee to Brawl. Also, final smashes are also part of the balance and you can see that from meta-Knight and Sonic's

That's completely your opinion. Sakurai never said the balance was meant for four players and all items and all stages. This is not a fact, and you're making an assumption here. Likewise, we're talking about gameplay from ALL parts of multiplayer. If Online is all you have, then offline isn't balanced. Also, what Kuma said below my post.
The fact is he's never talked about balance besides the online thing and maybe small remarks from before Brawl.

The online thing will become a joke as you and Kuma will try to cling to it. The fact remains, the information comes from a reliable source and the data is objective and off a large sample. Just because online has issues does not mean there is a problem. In fact, if what Sakurai says is true, than there isn't that much of a problem because Ness and Lucas still compete. This is the character that is you have lag, you'll just miss his recovery.

As a side note, online is based on your connection speed. The game lags if you have a bad connection or if another player does. I can play Brawl online very well.

Care to back this up with statistics? And Sakurai did say that the online was iffy. He knows that it didn't work out very well this time. You cannot based it upon an online system that didn't work out well. Likewise, the players had little time to choose options. That part appears to be rushed. But we don't know either, so neither of us can prove it right. No need to bring up online again, then, as it's not factual.
Ever left Smash Boards? You'll see more people talking about 4vs than anything and if you play them online you'll play 4vs with items. And yes, people do turn the computers on.
Yes, I actually can. Normal is subjective. You have your way, and we have our way. Once again, if the game was meant to be played only one way, we wouldn't HAVE those options. And if Sakurai really believed that, why would he play 1 on 1 VS somebody? Or maybe he did. We don't know. You're acting like you know exactly how he thinks, but you don't. You haven't proven whatsoever what the set standard is. It's up to the customer overall.

I'm not saying the game's gunna be bad. In fact it's GOING to be good. Worth my time to buy, anyways. OoT 3DS-I beat it in a week. Now on Master Quest.
I never claimed that you thought it was gonna be bad. I'm just saying.

I'm amazed by the current scores though. I'm SO assured of buying this game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Have you ever played Zelda? Switches, Levers, Automatic Doors & Gates in Ancient Temples no less, Robotic Bomb Mice (Bombchus (Been around since N64)), Zelda's ALWAYS been rustic with modern elements. Since like Zelda 3.

Oh and of course reviews are out, the gaming media gets all games a week before the public to review them & it was released in stores 4 days ago.
I know this VERY much, amigo T_T I beat Zelda 1, Zelda 2, OoT64, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and OoT 3DS. I'm just saying that they are getting too deep. Also, those items that you just posted can be seened in the past:

Switches and Levers: Study on Medevil times, and you'll see that these items were used to opened castle doors.

Automatic Doors/Gates in Ancient Castles: They don't show the animation of Link opening it. You have to press a button on your controller to open the door. Therefore, there is a switch involved. This kind of thing is done in alot of games. Mario, PKMN, Bomberman, etc

Bombchus: I can't argue with this. This here could be the start of it all.

I'm gunna say this and hold my peace: If I see Link with a cadillac that's in-game, I'm done with the LoZ series. JUST saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpqZq8KG8U Victini and Zekrom trailer. In english. Dunno if neone's seen this yet, but I thought of posting it for those who haven't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom