• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
Waddle Dee da bess doe
Nah, there's better does to choose. Faline for SSB4. :troll:

Wait, what? :laugh:

I just want cool playstyles, coming from good choices.

Jill Dozer, Syrup, Ashley, Junior, Krystal, and if we give Bandana a summoner/Spear playstyle that would be cool. They all could play very uniuely, and that peaks my interest.

I don't see Paper Mario having a definite archetype. I see him being a Papery Gimmick type moveset, if he isn't a clone. I actually wouldn't mind a SINGLE Wolf type clone being thrown in. A SINGLE one. I don't want a **** ton, but Sakurai is right. They do bring interesting twists to movesets.
All of those characters have the potential to bring something new to the table. I'd like to see Syrup driving a giant Mecha Spearman as part of her moveset to keep to her character. Or the Genie's Lamp works fine too.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
If we do get Waddle Dee as a playable character he'll probably end up being a joke character like Pichu in Melee, but even if he is I still want him in.

Anyway I'm going to go to bed now my eyes are starting to dry out I'll see you guys tomorrow.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I just want cool playstyles, coming from good choices.

Jill Dozer, Syrup, Ashley, Junior, Krystal, and if we give Bandana a summoner/Spear playstyle that would be cool. They all could play very uniuely, and that peaks my interest.

I don't see Paper Mario having a definite archetype. I see him being a Papery Gimmick type moveset, if he isn't a clone. I actually wouldn't mind a SINGLE Wolf type clone being thrown in. A SINGLE one. I don't want a **** ton, but Sakurai is right. They do bring interesting twists to movesets.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mario vs. Wario
Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus
StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda
Metroid vs. F-Zero
Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem
Kirby vs. Mother
Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties
Since everyone's responding I might as well too

Mario
D.K. (as much as it pains me, D.K. deserves it more)
SF (Zelda is done/should be done on characters, SF can have Krystal to make it complete)
Metroid (tough call)
Pokemon (I can live with Marth and Ike)
Mother (tough call, but I think there are more options for Mother)
Smaller Franchises (I can live without 3rd Parties, plus Smash is Nintendo to begin with)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I would just want Waddle Dee to see what power Kirby gets from eating him. :laugh:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Yes, i chose Medusa cause she's a chick... but it goes deeper than that... i like, nay, love the goth aspect she's got going for her... also, if anyone noticed, my picks for other fighting games were dominantly female... one i didn't mention was Mortal Kombat which i have Sonya Blade, Kitana as my mains.

if waddle dee had a neutral special, would he chuck spears? (
**cough, spearchucker, cough**
)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*sarcasm*

Yeah Waddle Dee would be an amusing fighter.

*end sarcasm*

In a serious matter, Waddle Dee probably won't make the cut as a playable.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Sonic gets another rep(which I pray to GOD doesn't happen), it'll be Tails.
No denying it. He came first.

On another note, I think I found a way for Captain Syrup to be in Sm4sh and still allow another Wario rep(thought of this last Friday). It has to do with a Starfy-Wario teamup, too(two-for-one deal :p). It could also be a Starfy-Wario-Syrup teamup. Just use your imagination.

Wario is sailing along in Captain Syrup's ship, coming back from a treasure raid with a ship full of treasure. He and Syrup are very proud of the raid, and just so happen to sail under the floating kingdom of Pufftop. Starfy is taking a nap(as usual), and is peacefully dreaming about his past adventures. The boat's horn, honked in triumph, wakes Starfy rather abruptly. Starfy meets up with Moe to look and see what's going on. They look over the edge of the kingdom, when Moe catches a big whiff of treasure from the boat they see. This gets Moe very excited, and he jumps into the ocean. Shocked, Starfy goes after Moe, and jumps. They splash down in front of Syrup's ship, making her stop. The boat lurches forward, and Wario is thrown into the ocean. He gets back into the boat, dripping and angry. Starfy and Moe pop up, and Wario's anger vanishes. He and Starfy both have flashbacks to their adventure together in Densetsu No Stafy 3, Wario of the treasure, and Starfy of the fun times he shared with Wario. The two team up, and sail once more(with Moe crying tears of joy in the treasure room).

:phone:

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Only the manliest of men can use pink goroh. So hey, F-zero fans. Mind filling me in on what Goroh and black shadow do? Just curious. All I know is gorohs a stumpy man with a sword, and black shadows the villian of the series. Also he got punched really hard in that one vid. :3

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
HURRYOASISWHOSHOULDIMAKEPALETTESWAPSFORNEXT?

I already did Mewtwo, and started on Mario...but I want a more interesting character.

Anyone, want to give me a choice for a palette swap? If you're going to pick a hard character, get a sprite/sprite sheet to go along with it. It's not easy to find Goroh sprites, that's for sure.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Waddle Dee is dumb. Samuel Goroh is great.

I want him to have this as a palette swap.
But he's pink!

THE MANLIEST PINK IN THE WORLD.
:cool:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
HURRYOASISWHOSHOULDIMAKEPALETTESWAPSFORNEXT?

I already did Mewtwo, and started on Mario...but I want a more interesting character.

Anyone, want to give me a choice for a palette swap? If you're going to pick a hard character, get a sprite/sprite sheet to go along with it. It's not easy to find Goroh sprites, that's for sure.
Mark Rider.

Or Krystal. Probably Krystal, I don't think I've seen one of those. Although, that's probably something dumb like "red loincloth. green loincloth."

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
If Sonic gets another rep(which I pray to GOD doesn't happen), it'll be Tails.
No denying it. He came first.

On another note, I think I found a way for Captain Syrup to be in Sm4sh and still allow another Wario rep(thought of this last Friday). It has to do with a Starfy-Wario teamup, too(two-for-one deal :p). It could also be a Starfy-Wario-Syrup teamup. Just use your imagination.

Wario is sailing along in Captain Syrup's ship, coming back from a treasure raid with a ship full of treasure. He and Syrup are very proud of the raid, and just so happen to sail under the floating kingdom of Pufftop. Starfy is taking a nap(as usual), and is peacefully dreaming about his past adventures. The boat's horn, honked in triumph, wakes Starfy rather abruptly. Starfy meets up with Moe to look and see what's going on. They look over the edge of the kingdom, when Moe catches a big whiff of treasure from the boat they see. This gets Moe very excited, and he jumps into the ocean. Shocked, Starfy goes after Moe, and jumps. They splash down in front of Syrup's ship, making her stop. The boat lurches forward, and Wario is thrown into the ocean. He gets back into the boat, dripping and angry. Starfy and Moe pop up, and Wario's anger vanishes. He and Starfy both have flashbacks to their adventure together in Densetsu No Stafy 3, Wario of the treasure, and Starfy of the fun times he shared with Wario. The two team up, and sail once more(with Moe crying tears of joy in the treasure room).
It's a decent narrative, but Syrup and Wario are arch rivals. They would never be allies unless Syrup, being the clever gal she is, befriends Wario as part of her scheme to take all the treasure from Wario in the end. That would be in character for her for the Adventure Mode story.

BTW, apparently the "Jiro" we all refer to is actually named Dillon, as some recent Youtube videos and an article on Kotaku show. So Jiro is now Dillon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's a decent narrative, but Syrup and Wario are arch rivals. They would never be allies unless Syrup, being the clever gal she is, befriends Wario as part of her scheme to take all the treasure from Wario in the end. That would be in character for her for the Adventure Mode story.

BTW, apparently the "Jiro" we all refer to is actually named Dillon, as some recent Youtube videos and an article on Kotaku show. So Jiro is now Dillon.
In the SSE, everybody had a chance to be partners. Link and Zelda teamed up with Ganondorf, after all. So I believe they could team up outside of trickery.

@SmashChu: There is no "standard" for playing Smash. You can have anywhere between 2-4 players onscreen at once. In fact, many people who first got the game might've only had a single person. So 1 on 1 with items and any stages would be another possible standard. Because of the design of the game, the only people that makes the standards are the customers. And guess what? Everybody has their own way. Thus, there can only be standards by how a person does it. My standard is 1 vs 1 with no items and non-cheap stages. Yours is with 4-way with all items and all stages. Neither of us are wrong. That's life.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

Well, like I said, use your imagination. Any unanswered questions you have can be solved however you want.
BTW, maybe that's why all the treasure is in HER ship, hmmm?;)

:phone:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
NOOO!!! i liked that name... Jiro sounds cool, dillon... ugh, kinda human if you ask me. so then, Jiro must be another character? or is it the Japanese name?

No one is replying so I will reply.

Anyway, I'll just toy with Goroh

For no reason:

Then again... RIDLEY COLORED GOROH:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
sooo... you gais are copying it into paint and recolouring it? i remember back then when i toyed around with paint... i made some pretty cool things... Vegeta... Megaman sprite. etc.

EDIT: i remember when i used to have fun... haaahhh... those were the days. school is just a life sucker.

EDIT 2: in the backroom, i took an animal test... i'm a mountain goat... i'm gonna reflect that characteristic into my avatar... sometime tomorrow. (vincent is a placeholder... i'm gonna draw mine tomorrow.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

1. Original
2. Red
3. Blue
4. Green
5. Yellow
5. "Femme" Coloring (Pink Fur)
6. Light
7. Darkness
8. Recolor 1 (Fox Fur)
9. Recolor 2 (Panther Fur & Armor)
10. Random coloring

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You should have said the pink recolor was a reference to Kat Monroe. Good call on Panther though. I hadn't thought of her changing fur colors. She should have a green color that resembles Moldy Kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom