• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Spitting fireballs is more Ridley's thing, but I think in Corruption and Other M he actually breathed fire.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Spitting fireballs is more Ridley's thing, but I think in Corruption and Other M he actually breathed fire.
See girls, I was right. But the point is, as much as I think Ridley is a good choice...I feel like Goroh is JUST AS GOOD OF A CHOICE. I would also like to point out, we have no Katana users.

StarCatsforlife.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
WELL NOW YOU MAKE ME QUESTION. I swore he does. I'm pretty sure he does. Well the point was, just because someone fits a "stereotype" or a archtype, doesn't really mean anything. I side with Goroh, because Metroid at LEAST has two characters. Poor Falcon has been trying to make friends with Ganon for years, but Ganon wants nothing to do with his fathering clone.
Good points, I admit. I'd just like to add that there's only been 2 firebreathing heavies in the series compared to Link, Young Link, Toon Link, Marth, Roy, Ike, Metaknight and to a very minuscule extent Kirby...if you coun't his UpB and Neutral B if he's copied Marth/Roy or Ike.

Regardless, I think F-Zero could use another character and Goroh seems like a good choice. I've got faith that the roster would be varied enough to prevent the feeling of too many swordsmen...however I kinda forgot that in the last comment.

Who knows? Both might make it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
See girls, I was right. But the point is, as much as I think Ridley is a good choice...I feel like Goroh is JUST AS GOOD OF A CHOICE.
Agreed.

Also I watched some Ridley fight videos on Youtube. Ridley squawks like a chicken. :laugh:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also I watched some Ridley fight videos on Youtube. Ridley squawks like a chicken. :laugh:
He's like the loudest thing on the GBA. Goodness.

@Shortie: Goroh and Pigma can share a cockpit.

ALSO, I'm sure the amount of sword users will remain about the same relative to roster size. Which isn't important anyway since there are just as many ways to swing a sword as there are to throw a punch.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, has anyone even made a moveset for Goroh yet? As I have a few ideas for him.

Also I think I thought of a way to end the Zoroark illusion issue.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
He's like the loudest thing on the GBA. Goodness.

@Shortie: Goroh and Pigma can share a cockpit.
I can picture our intro video.

*flashes to ridley in his Ridwing*
*Flashes to Krystal in her Arwing*

.... *Flashes to Pigma and Goroh being incredbly cramped and mad in their Arwing*

*It shows Krystal and Ridley hopping into their cockpits, and those two TRYING to squeeze in as best as possible, and it takes them like five minutes to figure out the best placement*

"Okay, now Pigma, place your left leg, further to the left so it doesn't get tangled up with my right leg and you get closterphobic again"

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Can anyone imagine Goroh acting like Wario with a sword? Not in terms of moves but more like in morality? Y'know...unprincipled, ruthless...he could be the first sword user who has a low moral code. It would stand out among the other swordsmen already present because they seem dignified.

This must've been said before.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Can anyone imagine Goroh acting like Wario with a sword? Not in terms of moves but more like in morality? Y'know...unprincipled, ruthless...he could be the first sword user who has a low moral code. It would stand out among the other swordsmen already present because they seem dignified.

This must've been said before.
I think it has, not that it matters that much.

But yeah, reckless sounds about right. Personally I can see him having chargeable sword attacks and attacks that make him move wildly accross the screen.

I can also see him using a mix of punchs, kicks, and sword attacks in a much better ratio then other sword users. Instead of just basic sword slashes for every standard move.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who thinks a 5th/6th Pokemon newcomer is not a sure bet. I'll expand upon this tonight.
Hmm, has anyone even made a moveset for Goroh yet? As I have a few ideas for him.
Master Rapier made one on Samurai Goroh.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: No, you're not the only one, it's crossed my mind before too, and good examples would be no 3rd gen Pokemon.

I found some good arguements for the generation issue on the old thread so I'll have to look it up again. But from what I remember it is that people would rather play as Gen 1 Pokemon then others or something like that.

Hmm, I'll have to look up that moveset for a few ideas.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Please. Like A SINGLE non first gen is too much to ask? You're kidding me right? We had six Pokemon in Brawl, eight in all. And only TWO of them were non-first gen. Just one is all I'm asking for.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Please. Like A SINGLE non first gen is too much to ask? You're kidding me right? We had six Pokemon in Brawl, eight in all. And only TWO of them were non-first gen. Just one is all I'm asking for.
Just look up the agrument in the old thread, it was there somewhere with a few starter Pokemon pics.

Also I found MR's Goroh moveset: http://www.smashboards.com/news/blogs/165266/4534/samurai-goroh-for-ssb4-character-concept

I'd comment more, but I'm hungry. Later.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just look up the agrument in the old thread, it was there somewhere with a few starter Pokemon pics.
I don't need to look up the argument to know it's a piss poor one.

For every THREE first gens, we should have a fourth non-first gen. That wouldn't be too bad. Pika, Jiggs, Mewtwo, PT, Lucario, Tini

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
1st gen is waaaay to overrepped as it is!
Like I understand its the most reconizable, but the other gens played a big role in making the series what it is today to. Wheres the second gen loooove~? <3

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
1st gen is waaaay to overrepped as it is!
Like I understand its the most reconizable, but the other gens played a big role in making the series what it is today to. Wheres the second gen loooove~? <3
Agreed. I understand why Gen 1 gets so much love, but the other generations contributed a lot ot the series. I mean, honestly.... 3rd gen made Pokemon the way it is today. Without the advances in the third gen, Pokemon would NOT play the way it does now.

That's why I want to see some Deoxys love. Also, you have the same name as an ex of mine who I hate. But I like you. Your name just throws me for a loop everytime I see it. I want to run away and hide.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's funny, there was also an over representing argument as well. You should look at it as well. :laugh:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I would like to see either of the 2nd and 3rd generations get a playable rep, but they most likely won't, simply because they're middling generations.

They aren't as iconic and beloved as the first generation, nor are they current like the 4th and 5th generations.

It's hard to represent a series like Pokemon where there are over 600 of the creatures, especially in a crossover series like Smash where you have to represent the series as a whole without going overboard. So with that in mind, they have to choose the best way that they can represent the series as a whole: by choosing the most iconic and widely recognized characters/generations. The 1st generation fits that bill, so that's why it gets so much representation.

Unfortunate, it may be, but that's just the way it has to be...

@Shortie- I know that I read your post but I just felt like I needed to get this point across...

Probably because I haven't made one of these type of posts in a while.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It's funny, there was also an over representing argument as well. You should look at it as well. :laugh:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark

fixed for you, Mr. Conservative.

Opelucid, NO. I will be doing them when I feel like it. I'm burnt out. I already answered your question today Opelucid

@Metal, I know why we use first gen. My point was that it's a stupid, and really selfish idea to pose a strictly first gen roster. 3rd gen probably will NEVER happen,
but that doesn't mean it shouldn't.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Oh okay, I was just asking because you said you'd try to have them done by today last week, my bad :/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Metal, you're preaching to the Choir. I know the state of the Pokemon "slots" and representation.

Needless to say, a lot of it, I don't like. I still say my six non-Trainer roster, plus Croc's "All Pokemon has a trainer" option is a good solution to everything.

It leaves room for some serious innovation. You could go:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Charizard (Revamped) / Meowth (New first Gen Pokemon)
Lucario / Doexys / ect. (New/returning other gen Pokemon)
Victini / Zoro / Gene (New fifth Gen Pokemon)

Everyone wins.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark

fixed for you, Mr. Conservative.
Since I don't feel like clarifying what I ment, and since I don't think it'll matter if I do, I'll be nice and let this go.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Since I don't feel like clarifying what I ment, and since I don't think it'll matter if I do, I'll be nice and let this go.
Someone is sensitive. You're mad because you posted something that is left up for interp, and I didn't interpet it the way you wanted me to. Saying "There is an argument on overrepresentaton you should look at" could mean anything. If you WANT people to understand what you mean, go into detail, or be willing to clarify. Not be a baby when someone interprets what you say a different way than what you wanted. If you're going to be vague, realize you're going to get a variety of different answers/interps.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm suddenly feeling the Goroh love. He's got the face of a goomba with an aviator hat and sunglasses.

So cool~

Plus the pink car. Don't forget the pink car.

@Shortshorts: Heat-sensitive spoon???

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Goroh should eat up the Toadette fanbase! As well as the cop fanbase. The only time I see robocop and Toadette fans unitiing. Smash is such a heart warming thing~

And yes, very.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hehe, nice going son, I'm doing my " Trunks phase" for a while lol...

So...you guys talikng about a magenta Samurai Goroh or what?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Someone is sensitive. You're mad because you posted something that is left up for interp, and I didn't interpet it the way you wanted me to. Saying "There is an argument on overrepresentaton you should look at" could mean anything. If you WANT people to understand what you mean, go into detail, or be willing to clarify. Not be a baby when someone interprets what you say a different way than what you wanted. If you're going to be vague, realize you're going to get a variety of different answers/interps.
I'm not mad, just annoyed as you were stating the exact opposite of my own personal opinion. I don't need anyone to state my opinons for me.

As for not clairfying, I said it was in the old thread, so it's not my fault if you don't look, like you have encouraged us to do so in the past.

But since you seem eger to know what it was on, it was about that overrepresentating doesn't matter all that much if the characters are significant within their own series. Star Fox and Krystal, and the Pokemon Generations, were the examples that were used. So I thought it would have been easier for someone with an interest in the subject such as yourself to look up. Instead of myself who has a different view then what the argument states.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Hehe, pokemon and "overepresentation" :awesome:

@SSBFan: Why do you believe a 5th/6th Gen pokemon might not happen?it's absurd just thinking about it. :/

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Am I the only one who thinks a 5th/6th Pokemon newcomer is not a sure bet.
I think so too. It'll probably happen, but it isn't the empirical truth like a lot of people here seem to think...

Vegeta for ssb4? LawLSss :troll:
The only acceptable DB rep is Kid Goku.

Now just wait until some douche takes this out of context and goes all, "UM WHY ARE YOU NERDS TALKING ABOUT ANIME IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN DIDN'T YOU HEAR WHAT SAKURAI SAID"...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Again you fail to clarify what you mean by me stating your opinion for you? I mean, I could guess what you meant, but you don't like it when I guess wrong, even when you leave me no choice but to guess.

Did you leave a link? If not, then did you honestly think I would look for a debate in a massive thread, with minimal signs to look for?

LASTLY, even if you left a link, I wouldn't have looked at it's nothing new. Who wrote it? I've heard reasoning on that subject from the likes of Star, Pieman, Kuma, Chu, and Toise. I have a pretty well versed knowledge on what people think about "over representation".

I still fail to see why you were even annoyed in the first place.

@Oasis
HOW DOES HE STEER? No wonder he crashes in the Melee intro.

I think so too. It'll probably happen, but it isn't the empirical truth like a lot of people here seem to think...
The funny thing is, nothing is 100% here. I mean, you can TRY to look for a pattern, but...we only have two games to go off, and that's not exactly the best number to look for a pattern. I can TRY and look for a pattern, but it all just my be coincidence. Still, the crappy patterns are good to look at, because that's all we have to look at...until Sakurai releases more info.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
let's play the VS. GAME!

Which franchise would you prefer to see a character come out of?

Mario vs. Wario Although most people would prefer a Mario character, I'm choose Wario personally and then pick one of Captain Syrup, Orbulon, or Ashley

Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus Donkey Kong definitely.

StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda Legend of Zelda, for sure for me. The only good Star Fox rep left doesn't interest me as much as a new Zelda character like Tingle or Ghirahim.

Metroid vs. F-Zero Metroid. No questions asked.

Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem Hard choice, but I guess I'd prefer Pokemon simply because there's much more potential for a good and unique choice than Fire Emblem. I see more "bang for your buck" with choosing Victini or Deoxys over Roy or Chrome.

Kirby vs. Mother If I had to choose either, it'd be Mother since Porky and Ninten would be decent characters.

Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties Smaller franchises FTW. Characters like Little Mac and Starfy are well deserving, IMO.

Give your reasoning and your picks as well (: If you get bored of this game, I have another we can play~ SHORTIE THE GAME MASTER.
Comments in green.

Hehe, pokemon and "overepresentation" :awesome:

@SSBFan: Why do you believe a 5th/6th Gen pokemon might not happen?it's absurd just thinking about it. :/
Well, in regards to not seeing a 5th/6th Gen Pokemon happening, it's simply not necessary. We didn't get a 3rd Gen rep. Sure, 4th Gen was the most recent, but I don't think being "recent" necessarily cuts it. New Pokemon reps should be chosen based on if they appear to maintain popularity over time, which characters like Deoxys and Lucario have kept while I can't see the same happening to, for example, Zoroark.

That's, of course, along with being a good character choice for other reasons.

Plus, there's no rule in the Smash series that Pokemon must represent the latest generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom