• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Posting what characters you use? I might as well join in:

Brawl: Pikachu, Snake, Olimar,
Melee: Roy, Mario,
64: Pikachu, Ness
MvC2: MM/Venom/Sakura,
MvC3: Haggar/Zero/??? (still working on it and am taking suggestions)
TvC: Frank/Zero
Soul Calibur: Cassandra, Sophitia,
SF2: Ryu
Great trend isn't it? :D

I forgot:

SFII: Guile, Balrog
SFIII3rdS: Remi, Sean, Elena
DBZ:Budokai3: Kid Goku, Vegeta
Sonic Battle: Amy, Tails.

*Cartoon Punch Time Explosion XL (when it's released): Captain Planet, Dexter, Aku.
[Speaking of which, anybody heard about this game? It's an improved version of the 3DS coming to HDs and Wii. Smash Bros. style game]

And to not get too off topic: Somebody HAD to ask this...

64: Polygon team
Melee: Wireframes
Brawl: Alloys
SSB4: ??? (My coins go to Grayscale models)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm expecting Mii's to take the Alloys place

:phone:
Considering we now had 4 different alloys in Brawl with different builds, I could really see the Miis pulling this off.

Bulky and tall mii > Red alloy
Short and fat mii > Yellow alloy
Middle-sized, chubby mii > Green alloy
Tall, thin mii > Blue alloy

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Character Posting:

Brawl: Kirby, Scott, Yoshi, Olimar
Melee: Kirby, Yoshi, Game&Watch
64: Kirby
Soul Calibur BD: Kilik
Soul Calibur Legends: Lloyd
Soul Calibur 3: Dancer custom, Yun Seong
Soul Calibur 2: Lizardman, Yoshimtsu, Talim, Link, Yun Seong
Bloody Roar 4: Reiji
Bloody Roar Primal Fury: Chronos, Uranus, Uriko, Xion, Bakuryu
Bloody Roar 3: Uriko, Xion, Uranus, Shinha
Bloody Roar 2: Uriko
Digimon Rumble Arena 2: Guilmon, Black Guilmon, Black Gabumon, Beomon
Digimon Rumble Arena: Guilmon, Impmon, Omnimon, Renamon
Starwars Lightsaber Duels: General Grevious

I think that's every fighting game I've ever owned TBH.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Brawl: Diddy,Lucario,Wario
Melee:Falco,Kirby,Pikachu
SSB: Kirby
DOA4: Eliot and Ayane
DBZT2: Ultimate Gohan
Mortal Kombat: Reptile

kenshen

Smash Journeyman
brawl: pit, Toon link
Melee: roy marth
ssb64: link captin falcon
capcom: megaman, zero, ghosts n goblins aurther

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one starting to get burnt out by the lack of information in regards to this game?

Honestly, I am starting to lose hype for this game, especially in light of other games I want to get, but can't really find a way to afford it.

Perhaps E3 2012 will throw us a bone? We are going to need it.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Digimon Rumble Arena 2: Guilmon, Black Guilmon, Black Gabumon, Beomon
Digimon Rumble Arena: Guilmon, Impmon, Omnimon, Renamon
Etemon is the strongest in the whole world.

Namco is sometimes brought up as a third-party developer with close ties to Nintendo, as well as a long history. Who is Namco partnered with? Bandai. Why does this matter? DIGIMON. Digimon and Pokemon have a famous rivalry together. On par with Mario and Sonic, really. No. You know what? MORE Famous. So, of course, Etemon - the STRONGEST Digimon in the whole world - is likely to be a third-party character in Sm4sh.

Oh, but you may be thinking "Etemon is an anim--" SHUT UP! I forgive you, with all of my STRENGTH. Digimon originated as a video game. Etemon, too, was among the first Digimon before the anime had begun. Just as well, he has appeared on Nintendo consoles.

Etemon's eligibility is the STRONGEST in the whole world.

EDIT: Oh come on. YOU GUYS finally post after I had just finished writing up something silly to get people to say something.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mains? Let's see

Melée: Bowser
Brawl : Ike
Street Fighter Alpha: Sagat
DBZ:Budokai Tenkaichi: Super Trunks
UMvC3: Phoenix Wright
Blazblue: Ragna the Bloodedge
Mortal Kombat: Sub-Zero/Scorpion
Tekken: Bryan Fury :cool:
Soul Calibur: Astaroth/Nightmare

OmegaXXII

Am I the only one starting to get burnt out by the lack of information in regards to this game?

Honestly, I am starting to lose hype for this game, especially in light of other games I want to get, but can't really find a way to afford it.

Perhaps E3 2012 will throw us a bone? We are going to need it.
I'm already burnt from this thread, hence my lack of activity just recently, it's the same ol' same ol', nothing new anymore.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Burnt out? Yeah, I'll have to agree with you there.

Personally how they did it on the old thread for 2-3 years I'll never know. :laugh:

Still if things don't start to pick up soon, or when work starts to poke me a little more my activity will suffer. But I doubt I'll ever halt.

I may take a look back at the old thread if I have time later to maybe find some old topics to discuss. Still with the holiday season coming, it will give us more Mario, Zelda, and Kirby, and hopefully that should help breath some life back into the thread.

OmegaXXII

Probably the only thing I'm actually looking forward to is Skyward Sword and Fortune Street, then I think some actual discussion will bring this thread back to life.

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Honestly I think the thread should be closed until E3... since we still have the Backroom.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The new Kirby game comes out tomorrow, and I know I'm going to find me a Kirby rep to like. Probably because I end up always enjoying the under dog characters.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Meh, I'm really just interested in the characters for MK7, and what the heck is going on with SS and Uprising.

Kirby looks like it'll have some new ideas for at least some stages and gameplay features. And the Victini movie will give some better insight into the Pokemon community and the popularity of the 5th Gen.

Also in the backroom I brought up my offer again and updated the info thread with some new links from the old thread I found.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Tri-Hy dude why'd you steal my font? :mad:

lol jk dude :laugh:

But, yeah, for my internet escapades I will probably just stick to YT and continue to minimize my time spent here (as I too am getting burnt out by this thread...)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Burnt out? Yeah, I'll have to agree with you there.

Personally how they did it on the old thread for 2-3 years I'll never know. :laugh:
Because we had meaningful discussion at a steady pace.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
let's play the VS. GAME!

Which franchise would you prefer to see a character come out of?

Mario vs. Wario

Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus

StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda

Metroid vs. F-Zero

Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem

Kirby vs. Mother

Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties

Give your reasoning and your picks as well (: If you get bored of this game, I have another we can play~ SHORTIE THE GAME MASTER.

@Opelucid I'll do them when I'm not burnt out on them.

@Oasis, Puppetmon > Etemon. I used to get wood for this character. I have no idea why I liked him so much!?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Tri-Hy dude why'd you steal my font? :mad:

lol jk dude :laugh:
Well if you look mines a brighter red. Makes me look faster... :cool:

Anyway I'd really only support the thread being closed for a week or two, as to help break my addiction and to move things over to the backroom.

The next month will be dropping a slightly bigger work load on me and it would be nice to have this distraction temporarily out of the way so I don't tempt myself.

OmegaXXII

Yeah, that's what it should happen, breaking addictions would be nice, sadly just avoiding the site isn't doing a good job for me. :/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Shortie: That's funny, because those two fought once. Actually, I really liked Puppetmon too back then. Just a cool design, I suppose. The head of his hammer was the cylinder of a revolver. How cool is that?!

As for your GAME...

It would be Bowser Jr., Medusa, Krystal, Ridley, Mewtwo, Porky, and Isaac for Smaller franchises. I think.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
let's play the VS. GAME!

Mario vs. Wario

Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus

StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda

Metroid vs. F-Zero

Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem

Kirby vs. Mother

Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties

Give your reasoning and your picks as well (: If you get bored of this game, I have another we can play~ SHORTIE THE GAME MASTER.
I'd pick....

Mario, because of Toad (I personally find him a pretty good choice), and although I'd like Captain Syrup to be in, I could easily do without her.

Without a damn doubt Donkey Kong, because honestly no one from KI really interest me (Magnus seems kinda decent, though), and K. Rool is probably my third most wanted character for Smash. Dixie Kong and Funky Kong are other wanted ones of mine.

Star Fox, because like with Mario and Wario, even though I wouldn't mind say Skull Kid, I could easily do without him and would much rather prefer Krystal.

Easily Metroid, because Ridley is one of the single most "deserving" characters to be in Smash, in my opinion.

Pokemon x10000000000000. Mewtwo. 'Nuff said.

Probably Mother/Earthbound, because if we got Porky, I'd finally have an Earthbound rep that I could actually get into unlike Ness and Lucas...

And last, I'd pick third-parties, because I desperately want a Capcom or Namco rep in.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Shortie: That's funny, because those two fought once. Actually, I really liked Puppetmon too back then. Just a cool design, I suppose. The head of his hammer was the cylinder of a revolver. How cool is that?!
Did Puppetmon kill Etemon? I know Etemon comes back as Metaletemon..

I also ha a thing for MetalSeadramon, Piedmon, and the big metal guy. As well as Blackwargreymon, Metalmamemon.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
let's play the VS. GAME!

Mario vs. Wario Mario, but when lined against Wario I'd let the latter series get another fighter.

Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus Definitely Donkey Kong. I have little understanding of characters from Kid Icarus.

StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda Both, or neither tbh
Metroid vs. F-Zero Metroid.

Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem Pokemon, because it can be full of surprises

Kirby vs. Mother Kirby...or neither.

Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties Smaller Franchises, because adding them is easier.

@Opelucid I'll do them when I'm not burnt out on them.

@Oasis, Puppetmon > Etemon. I used to get wood for this character. I have no idea why I liked him so much!? Maybe its cuz he looks like Geno.

Replies in a variant of blue.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In the Ridley vs. Goroh debate....I side with Goroh to the bitter end.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
In the Ridley vs. Goroh debate....I side with Goroh to the bitter end.
Is this some kind of trap.

ALSO MetalEtemon was killed... by his own arrogance. It's so poetic. TO BE SO STRONG... MADE HIM SO WEAK?! Etemon is just the strongest character created in the whole world.

Or, y'know, Zudomon and SabreLeomon but whatever.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ridley? Another Firebreathing heavy? I hate the "Another Swordsman crap". Plus, he probably wouldn't even use his sword the whole time.
*Running the risk of sounding uninformed* ...Ridley...breathes fire? If so then its DEFINITELY been a while since I played Prime. Hopefully Goroh doesn't use a sword entirely.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
*Running the risk of sounding uninformed* ...Ridley...breathes fire? If so then its DEFINITELY been a while since I played Prime. Hopefully Goroh doesn't use a sword entirely.
IIRC, didn't he breathe fire at Samus in the Melee intro?

EDIT: nvm, that was just Samus shooting a missile towards the camera...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
WELL NOW YOU MAKE ME QUESTION. I swore he does. I'm pretty sure he does. Well the point was, just because someone fits a "stereotype" or a archtype, doesn't really mean anything. I side with Goroh, because Metroid at LEAST has two characters. Poor Falcon has been trying to make friends with Ganon for years, but Ganon wants nothing to do with his fathering clone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom