• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Again you fail to clarify what you mean by me stating your opinion for you? I mean, I could guess what you meant, but you don't like it when I guess wrong, even when you leave me no choice but to guess.

Did you leave a link? If not, then did you honestly think I would look for a debate in a massive thread, with minimal signs to look for?

LASTLY, even if you left a link, I wouldn't have looked at it's nothing new. Who wrote it? I've heard reasoning on that subject from the likes of Star, Pieman, Kuma, Chu, and Toise. I have a pretty well versed knowledge on what people think about "over representation".

I still fail to see why you were even annoyed in the first place.
You stated that I was for 4 slots:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Zoroark

When I have always been for 6 slots:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Victini

Not to mention the "Mr. Conservative" and "Someone is Sensitive" insults.

But now since you pretty much re-stated what I ment by "that it wouldn't matter it I do." We should be in agreement with my statement of: "I'll be nice and let this go." So lets do just that shall we?

Also I believe it was a Toise argument. If I remember correctly.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Agreed with JavaCroc, well while it's liikely to happen looking at some previous patterns that Sakurai has done in the past; NOTHING is written and set in concrete to be guaranteed, while it's likely it isn't exactly a sure thing, Sakurai's opinions do change after all and representing a series is no exception a. There isn't any rules layed out to follow, I think.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Someone is sensitive. You're mad because you ...more words
I'm not mad, just annoyed as you were stating the exact opposite of my own personal opinion. I don't need anyone to state my opinons for me.
...more words
In complete honesty. Both of you *****s just shut up the **** up and move on.

Nope, Trunks should be it IMO.

Samurai Goroh is a LOSER next to Falcon, which is why he crashed next to him. :p

:phone:
No Vetega. And as your father I say you should abide by my rules or face serious grounding as punishment.

Steering is for CHUMPS. Not cool guys like Goroh. Why, steer is just another name for ball-less bovines. YOU WANNA SAY GOROH AIN'T GOT NO BALLS?!
Slowly but surely you're humor is starting to actually make me laugh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not to mention the "Mr. Conservative" and "Someone is Sensitive" insults.

But now since you pretty much re-stated what I ment by "that it wouldn't matter it I do." We should be in agreement with my statement of: "I'll be nice and let this go." So lets do just that shall we?

Also I believe it was a Toise argument. If I remember correctly.
Good god you are a baby. Now THAT you can take as an insult. I was playing around earlier. What happened to poking fun? That's what I do. It's my way of saying "I like you". I'm a kid in that respect, I thought you could have seen that by now. HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW YOUR OPINION IF YOU NEVER STATED IT. That's the point I've been trying to argue from the begining.

Goodness, you're the sillygoose of the day.

Steering is for CHUMPS. Not cool guys like Goroh. Why, steer is just another name for ball-less bovines. YOU WANNA SAY GOROH AIN'T GOT NO BALLS?!
Pigma clearly steers the GorohWing... (Goroh forced it to be named the GorohWing. NO QUESTIONS)

yani_

Smash Ace
let's play the VS. GAME!

Which franchise would you prefer to see a character come out of?

Mario vs. Wario Mario, simply cus I don't really care for the "Wario Franchise" too much. [ Toad forsm4sh]

Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus Donkey Kong , Dixie, K.Krool.

StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda This one's tough, but I'm gonna go with LoZ [TINGLE KOOLIMPAH]

Metroid vs. F-Zero Metroid. Ridley.

Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem For me, this comes to Mewtwo or Roy, and I'm gonna have to side with Mewtwo, Pokemon it is.

Kirby vs. Mother I feel like the kirby franchise is really set. Since I'm not familiar with the Mother series, I'd love to learn about a new character through sm4sh. Mother it is.

Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties Geno>Smaller franchises> any other 3rd parties.
I like dis game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Goodness, you're the sillygoose of the day.
I could say the same of you. It does take 2 people to agrue and misinterpret.

@Iblis: I honestly don't get the joke. Funny pic though. ;)

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
For more accurate depiction: Modern Sonic= Shortie vs. TriHy; Classic Sonic= Rest of the Thread

Ooh you derp :woman:

I'm going to try to get that Kirby game tomorrow if Waddle Dee is actually interesting I might consider him as a Kirby rep.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Tri-Hy, Iblis is basically saying the argument between you and Shortie is derpy (in other words, dumb), and Classic Sonic/us are glaring at him/you two in a funny "Da ****?" kinda way...

@Trunks- The only acceptable DB rep, as I said before, is Kid Goku. No other full-blooded Saiyans, no villains, no Half-Saiyans, no Nameks, no humans and no bald people. Just Kid Goku.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
BABIES. EVERYONE. BABIES.

I'm going to watch something sad or scary. Be back in a few, I'm sure~

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
Last time I'll ever post this abomination do you guys remember this?

Anyway what do you guys think of Andy from Advance Wars? Do you think he has a shot at getting in I don't support him its just a suggestion.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Trunks= AT, AI capabilities. Plays like an Alloy basically.

:troll:

Actually now that I think about it, I would hate it if made an AT like that.

Say Lucario, instead of making him a full character, they made him a pokeball that plays like a character.

@Metal: Goku is a sayian :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
yani, Iblis is basically saying the argument between Shortie and --- is derpy (in other words, dumb), and Classic Sonic/us are staring at him in a funny "Da ****?" kinda way...
Oh o.k.

Poor Modern Sonic, it sucks to always be represented by the derps in the community. :laugh:

@Iblis: You should post that in the derp topic in the backroom.

Yes, I'm actually having fun being the derp for once. :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
@Iblis- Oops lol, I derped :oneeye:

I forgot to mention no blue-haired women, either (Bulma, Good Launch and that one dumb bimbo, she was Krillin's ex).

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Iblis, I've been doing a "personal tier list" and I was wondering which levels are legal? AND, how much do they effect the battle? Is it just me, or do some characters do better on Battlefield than they do on Smashville?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No one can ever derp too much.

But we have a room for that. :awesome:

Now that we are moving on, I think we need more frame traps and option selects in this game

Start at 7:40, and then you'll understand why I want more competitive depth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjzfuw9Bk6A

@Shortie: Smash is PvPvS game, so yes characters do better or worse dependent on their traits. (One the reasons I love competitive smash) So go further in depth to what you're wondering. Say set consisting of Ice Climbers vs. Marth (an even match-up but pretty polarized so it'll be easy to explain) Game 1, Ice Climbers are going to want to go to either FD or Smashville because there will be less interference with their camping and chaingrabs, while Marth would want to go to Castle Siege or Battlefield to avoid. As for counterpicking, Marth's best bet would be to pick a stage like Rainbow Cruise or Pokemon Stadium 2, while Ice Climbers will try to stick to neutral stages like FD, SV, BF, and YI.

Your name will lead to the Unity ruleset and it'll have the stagelist as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I could never ever be a competitive Smash player. It seems to have so much thought that must be done prior and during tha battle. I often find myself getting into a rut in terms of moves I use. For example, I'll forget to use my A crouching A and basicAir and downSmash a lot. When if I was to implement them more often I would do better. Plus, I'm a Zelda player. NOT Shelda. Zelda. Although I could be a Shelda if I wanted/needed.

D

Deleted member

Here are some things as to why I think there's a chance that we may not received a 5th or 6th gen newcomer.

The game will likely not be released until late 2014 and possibly later. By then, 5th gen will be close to ending and the next gen will be dawning upon us. This means a 5th gen Pokemon would not be able to easily get in by advertisement alone and would need other reasons to get in.

There is also that the Pokemon Company/Gamefreak looks far ahead in the future. The first 2nd gen Pokemon (Ho-ho) was in the first episode of Pokemon in 1997 and the 2nd gen games were not released until November, 1999 in Japan, so they had 2nd gen in mind during the first generation and prepared to heavily advertise it. Right now, I bet money that they are taking into mind the 6th generation of Pokemon and while promoting the 5th gen, also is looking at how they'll shape the 6th gen. Expect the next gen of Pokemons to start showing up a year into the end of the 5th gen.

So that means if we don't get a 5th gen Pokemon, we'll get a 6th gen? That I am not sure on. It depends on if they'll take the Roy route and add the "mascot" of the 6th gen. If they don't do that, then this will be the first game without a latest gen newcomer. The only reason why Pichu got in Melee was because Sakurai wanted to buff the roster. If Sakurai did not think 19 slots was too little for Melee, 2nd gen would have been skipped. Sakurai clearly shows a bias towards the 1st gen, whenever we like it or not. Most fans do as well, with Mewtwo easily beating out all requests for other characters and being the most wanted Pokemon for SSB4 and one of the most wanted characters period.

@Shortiecanbrawl: When did I say that we shouldn't get Pokemons from other gens? It is clear that there are Pokemons from other gens I support. All I said was that a 5th/6th gen newcomer isn't a sure bet.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
SSBF, I agreed with you. Relax. I said that I think it's stupid to argue an all 1st Gen roster, something I've heard people ask for/say is the best option. When in a lot ways, it's a terrible idea.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
no matter what smash 4 will be, there will be gamers who will take it seriously.

(smash 4 needs more of this http://fav.me/d496z5c... due to the graphic nature of the image, it's best to leave it as a link... and lol, inb4 i'm just joking)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
let's play the VS. GAME!

Which franchise would you prefer to see a character come out of?

Mario vs. Wario
Wario. Mario has a buttload of characters. Wario Land or WarioWare. Both are worthy of a rep. Personally, Captain Syrup, Ashley, or Kat and Ana

Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus
Donkey Kong. Finish them off first with King K. Rool, and possibly Dixie Kong.

StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda
Zelda is already finished with key characters. StarFox isn't without Krystal.

Metroid vs. F-Zero
F-Zero. Metroid already has two playable characters, and 4 characters in overall gameplay.(And F-Zero has 2 at most with Goroh) They need Samurai Goroh.

Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem. Axe User. Or anyone that isn't a freakin' regular sword user. Lyn is the only sword user I'd be fine with. Otherwise, Hector.

Kirby vs. Mother
Ninten or No One. Both are honestly finished with great choices.

Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties
Third Parties. There's tons of great choices. And they're hardly obscure. MegaMan, Pacman, Terra(FFVI), etc.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
In all honesty I would rather Nintendo rep itself before adding a third party but like I said before the franchise wasn't important enough if a third party got in over it.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Mario vs. Wario ~ Wario... i want Captain Syrup... still want that swashbuckling action... and i don't care if she doesn't have a weapon, they can give it to her.
Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus ~ Medusa all the way, man.
StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda ~StarFox... i'd rather not give my reason.
Metroid vs. F-Zero ~ Samurai Goroh.
Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem ~ Fire Emblem.
Kirby vs. Mother ~ Mother obviously, what are you retaarded?
Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties ~ Smaller Franchises... nuff said.

i saw that image before you told me to ignore it.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
It would be funny to see Waddle Dee Killin' his bretheren. poke, dead...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@SSBF: I agree to some extent.

But I do wonder where Lucario fits into all of this and Sakurai's reasons for choosing him. Or maybe I'm just overthinking things again.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ERM. THAT'S BANDANA DEE.

I prefer Gooey TBH. For me this is how the Kirby reps go:

Gooey
Bandana Dee
Prince Fluff
Daraoch

SCREW Knuckle Joe, I want Prince Fluff, or Daroach as an AT.

Captain Syrup could be a Knife user? Ashley would be a spellcaster OR Trap setter. Honestly either of them would be cooler than what I can envision Toad, PM, or Junior being. Cept for Junior's paintbrush. That could be awesome, and gooey.

Mario VS Wario
Mario because I want Toad
Donkey Kong VS Kid Icarus
Donkey Kong because I want K Rool
Star Fox vs Zelda
Am I allowed to choose none? If not then Star Fox
Metroid vs F-Zero
Metroid cause of Ridley
Pokemon vs Fire Emblem
............................. The 2 series that I don't know much about :awesome: I'm leaving this with none
Kirby vs Mother
Hmmmm............ I'll go with Kirby since I want Waddle Dee.
Smaller franchises vs Third parties
Smaller franchises.

You just want her because she looks like some sort of chick don't ya?
It would be funny to see Waddle Dee Killin' his bretheren. poke, dead...
This
Can we make a Waddle Dee Bandwagon?
YES

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I'm not a fan of Captain Syrup, I don't know much about her but I heard she doesn't fight Wario directly so maybe she could use a mecha or something among those lines. Anyway I'd prefer another character to represent the Wario Ware franchise since that's what Wario seems to be representing. If we do get a Wario Ware rep I'd like one of the following Orbulon, Jimmy T., Ashley, Young Cricket.

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Mario vs. Wario
Mario. I believe the franchise is worthy and should definitely get a fifth rep. Toad, Bowser Jr., and Paper Mario are all good choices. Wario has Orbulon and Captain Syrup, but while they're okay, they aren't great.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Donkey Kong vs. Kid Icarus
I expect rep for both franchise, but DK by a mile. King K. Rool is the 2nd most deserving newcomer (after Ridley) and should be in.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
StarFox vs. Legend Of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda. Krystal is the only choice I would accept where as for LoZ, Ghirahim, Tingle, and Vaati interest me.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Metroid vs. F-Zero
Metroid. Ridley is the newcomer that should be in SSB4 and must be in Smash. A F-zero rep I'm neutral on, but not very interested in.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Pokemon vs. Fire Emblem
Definitely Pokemon. There are plenty of exciting choices for Pokemon whereas Fire Emblen has only Roy and maybe Leaf.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Kirby vs. Mother
I don't want reps from either, but if I had to pick, Kirby.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Smaller Franchises vs. Third parties
Smaller franchises. We are likely not getting anymore then two new third-party characters whereas for smaller franchises (counting retro), we could see up to six new franchises.

ERM. THAT'S BANDANA DEE.

I prefer Gooey TBH. For me this is how the Kirby reps go:

Gooey
Bandana Dee
Prince Fluff
Daraoch

SCREW Knuckle Joe, I want Prince Fluff, or Daroach as an AT.
I know it's Bandana Dee but I want to call him Waddle Dee :awesome:

He is my favorite boss anyway in SSU (Since you can just inhale him to kill him lol).

@Iblis: YES

*Plans to make the alliance*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom